Update: Changes to the Value For Money question

1 minute ago, radennorfiqri said:

Seems like the criteria 'value for money' have been removed, based from my recent received review. Is it the same as everybody?

not really, some buyers don't have the option to rate that as far as I heard... not sure what the reason is though

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, radennorfiqri said:

Seems like the criteria 'value for money' have been removed, based from my recent received review. Is it the same as everybody?

Just now, Alex.M said:

not really, some buyers don't have the option to rate that as far as I heard... not sure what the reason is though

They're testing different reviews with different buyers, this is probably further subdivided by category. I've had 3 variants so far.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Here is what mine have looked like lately. 

Screenshot2024-03-05at11_16_24AM.png.4711684b38c73260f00add66db1d4179.png

same here however if I use a VPN and check my gig I see this . I don't know why there are 5 different metrics there

Without a VPN the rating for that gig is 4.9... with a VPN the rating drops to 4.8 . 

ice_screenshot_20240305-202502.png

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

Without a VPN the rating for that gig is 4.9... with a VPN the rating drops to 4.8 . 

This is how your rating appears on your profile, and without VPN. I'm in incognito mode. Your gigs are also displaying the new rating breakdown. 1.jpg.7df6b2a279c413b73f6eca98fbbaaaa0.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, maitasun said:

This is how your rating appears on your profile, and without VPN. I'm in incognito mode. Your gigs are also displaying the new rating breakdown. 

yes, I see the old version of it from my browser, I only see what you attached with a VPN for now

• Like 6

4 hours ago, radennorfiqri said:

image.png.d8adac0c4c7e028c511bd0be8812b817.png

All of my reviews over the past week have had "value of delivery" ratings.

• Like 9

I need to vent and rant.

I've been a Top Rated Seller for years with a 5.0 impeccable track record. Generating a LOT of money for Fiverr. Now suddenly my rating is dropping for no logical reason.

Today, for the SECOND time in a week, I've received a 4/5 'value for money' rating... where both clients gave me a MASSIVE TIP!  How is that even logical?

Last week I received several 4/5 for things like 'Timely Delivery' - I delivered the job 3 DAYS EARLY!!! Again - how is that even logical?

Sick to death of this. I've taken years of pride in my professionalism now this is damaging my business reputation.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - so messing around with the system is really not good.

Rant over.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, gussyscrotch said:

Today, for the SECOND time in a week, I've received a 4/5 'value for money' rating... where both clients gave me a MASSIVE TIP!  How is that even logical?

it's not logical to anyone except Fiverr, they believe that 4 is bigger than 5 for whatever reason.  

• Like 9

12 hours ago, gussyscrotch said:

I need to vent and rant.

I've been a Top Rated Seller for years with a 5.0 impeccable track record. Generating a LOT of money for Fiverr. Now suddenly my rating is dropping for no logical reason.

Last week I received several 4/5 for things like 'Timely Delivery' - I delivered the job 3 DAYS EARLY!!! Again - how is that even logical?

Sick to death of this. I've taken years of pride in my professionalism now this is damaging my business reputation.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - so messing around with the system is really not good.

Rant over.

I feel you and I'm sorry you're experiencing that.

Not to detract from your experience by sharing mine (I hate when folks do that) but for the sake of Fiverr seeing how many sellers are on the receiving end of their mess - I'm experiencing the same thing. Last week I completed a project for my longest-running and highest-paying Fiverr client. We've completed 57 projects together over the last 2 years and she's left about 35-40 reviews in that window, all 5-star, until last week when she left a 4/5 for "Value for Money" and then proceeded to tip me $168. I have yet to encounter a single person in my life who thought they didn't get an excellent deal and then threw that much extra money at it voluntarily, especially considering I've told this client multiple times that I appreciate her tips but they are in no way expected.

Make it make sense Fiverr. Or make it go away instead of further muddying your system and calling it progress. 

EDIT: the buyer told me the review she gave was left in error and that she intended to give another 5-Star review - yet another victim of confusion about the new system. Hopefully she decides to reach out to customer service to fix it. 

Edited by texvox
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

Already shared my opinion on earlier thread that value for money does not make any sense.

1) Buyer should not start the order if he/ she feels that order value is high.

2) I recently had a feedback of 4.7 with 4 star in value of delivery and tons of positive things in things that went well which contradicted this and buyer is still working with me.

4) Value of money/ delivery is a very bad metric as it cannot be judged unless you give same work to different seller and then quantify the work provided. Even then, If I choose to keep my price higher regardless of whatever reason It is my choice and if buyer has agreed to pay that amount and gets exactly what is promised then it is value for money since he/ she agreed to start the order. 

PS:

- I have a success score of 10. The new rating system is forcing down ratings, it should be natural and not forceful. 

Screenshot (1963).png

• Like 9

I see again and again experienced professionals getting frustrated with Fiverr. I'm building an alternative - which I won't share here to avoid getting banned. So if you are an experienced video professional, I want to talk.

• Like 6

On 1/3/2024 at 10:42, francescaabb said:

Mismo. Vi que esto sucedía con 2 pedidos, entendí cómo iba a ser el mes y dejé de estar disponible durante UN MES para evitar malas críticas. Tengo suerte porque tengo clientes privados que me pagan lo suficiente y muchos vendedores no pueden darse el lujo de cerrar como lo hice yo. Pero tarde o temprano tendré que volver a abrir. 

Si todos los vendedores hacen lo mismo, Fiverr perderá MUCHO dinero (no le estoy pidiendo a nadie que lo haga porque todos estamos trabajando para pagar nuestras facturas). 

I also preferred to do this. I've been here for 3 years, it took me 2 years to have consecutive orders, and I've only been at level 2 for a couple of months, now everything will start to fall due to "value for money". The client does not understand this new system. It is illogical that people who rate me a 4 in that section return for more orders if my service is supposed to be expensive for them. In addition to the fact that, as others have already mentioned before, the customer accepts the price from the moment he places the order, he would not have to complain about the price if he is satisfied with the delivery.

And I agree that if Fiverr wants to be "so transparent", it breaks down how much I earn from each order. Let customers know that at least 20% of my price goes to the platform.

• Like 9

This update just Confusing buyers.

Below is the screenshot of one of my regular buyer.

Value for money 4 star and still he left tip.

LOLS this system is not designed well even buyers are confused how this system is working.

Even if you are talking about value for money then ist test then implement a lot of seller are bearing this just to just your new feature.

And buyer are not afraid to write about the qualit. Hope this reply impact and save sellers hardwork they are doing to make their kitchen income

forum.png

• Like 5

On 2/28/2024 at 8:43 PM, Kesha said:

Following the recent updates to our ratings and reviews system, we want you to know that we value your input and have been working to actively address your questions and concerns. While our analysis has shown that value for money remains stable and is not influenced by pricing or service category, we’ve taken your concerns seriously and have explored alternative approaches to this key question. 

Through both your feedback and extensive user testing, we've found an alternative question that is just as effective in reflecting client satisfaction. As a result, we've made a change to the Value For Money question that clients see when reviewing their orders.

Here's what's changing:

• The question has been refined to "How would you rate the value of this delivery," reflecting our commitment to a more nuanced assessment of your delivery’s value.

Screenshot2024-02-28at16_52_28.png.6f0b1ce23592761381ce368708418762.png

• The rating breakdown will also display this change as "Value of delivery." 

Screenshot2024-02-28at16_52_32.png.2c7ef1e87f02cd103fb40be9908e0add.png

In addition to these adjustments, our efforts to enhance Fiverr’s ratings & reviews system are ongoing. As previously mentioned, we're currently testing adjustments to the public rating score calculation, which may impact your public rating score in the coming weeks. Here's a recap of why these changes are happening and what they entail:

• We're adjusting the benchmark to ensure ratings better reflect performance, set clearer client expectations, and provide transparency for freelancers like you.
  • Your scores will now take into account ratings from the last 2 years, offering a more up-to-date view of your performance and service.
  • The new public score calculation incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool.
  • These changes are occurring platform-wide, ensuring fairness across the marketplace.

These adjustments are designed to create a more nuanced rating range, which is proven to assist clients in making more informed decisions. We're optimizing ratings to accurately reflect the quality of service you provide, ultimately increasing your chances of converting new clients.

We’re committed to your success and we’re working diligently to ensure your experience on Fiverr remains rewarding and equitable. We believe these adjustments will allow for a more accurate assessment of your deliveries and projects. We appreciate your dedication and cooperation as we work to make Fiverr better for all.

- The Fiverr Team

I think these 3 are more than enough. Buyer don't have lot of time for that.

# Seller Communication,

# Service as described

# Quality of delivery.

[Note: Just my thinking from my small experiences.]

• Like 4

Hey, I noticed "Recommend to a friend" got a 4.9 rating, but "Quality of delivery" only got a 4.4. Maybe some satisfied buyers only left public reviews, while others only left private ones. This might be why the overall rating seems off when combining both types of reviews.

I was checking the reviews for my consulting gig, and I noticed something strange. How can it have a value rating of 4.9, but a quality rating of 4.5? It doesn't quite make sense to me!CleanShot2024-03-12at10_26.04@2x.jpg.2e0481ac68600de30ed92bdfa5fad984.jpg

CleanShot 2024-03-12 at 10 .14.57@2x.jpg

Edited by joelturcotte
  • Like 3

• Kesha unpinned this topic