Etiquettes for navigating ratings and reviews from buyers

11 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

No, it doesn't trigger the system. 

Actually, in my almost 10 years of Fiverr Journey, I have never asked/requested any buyer to leave a review. It has always concerned me that their system will detect that word "review" and then boom (account suspension) so I still have concerns regarding it though I know that I am still not gonna request any buyer for a review (lol) :classic_ninja:

• Like 29
  • Haha 2
  • Up 2

8 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

It has always concerned me that their system will detect that word "review" and then boom (account suspension)

I've always used the word "feedback" or "comments" - as in, "Feel free to leave feedback on this order..."

...or I'll just mention for them to "add the delivery image to my gallery when leaving comments on this order."

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 28
  • Up 4

3 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I've always used the word "feedback" or "comments" - as in, "Feel free to leave feedback on this order..."

...or I'll just mention for them to "add the delivery image to my gallery when leaving comments on this order."

Thank you so much for the guidance 😊 but I don't know why am I not feeling good about it. Probably, I have never done this that's why.

Secondly, what if they leave a feedback on Order Page (chat box) then how should we convince them to leave a feedback? 

• Like 27

7 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Secondly, what if they leave a feedback on Order Page (chat box) then how should we convince them to leave a feedback? 

If they leave feedback on the order page (or inbox chats), I just ask them if I can use their comments in my advertising to future clients (then I save a screenshot of that approval). Buyers don't have to leave public feedback if they don't want (and many times my resume clients come after several weeks/months to tell me that my resume landed them interviews, LinkedIn connects, or a job). So I just keep those for marketing purposes if clients need additional proof/assurances of the quality of my work.

• Like 28

44 minutes ago, webcut said:

"Please don't forget to accept the order and leave your honest review for the order"

I don't think you should mention or request your buyer for it (red highlighted text). 

@vickieito has guided that you can ask for an honest feedback from your buyers. 

Promoted Gig: I have never used it even I have an access to it. 

P.S. We all have to adapt to the new changes made by Fiverr no matter what. 

Edited by smartdezigns
Spelling Mistake!
  • Like 25
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Actually, in my almost 10 years of Fiverr Journey, I have never asked/requested any buyer to leave a review. It has always concerned me that their system will detect that word "review" and then boom (account suspension) so I still have concerns regarding it though I know that I am still not gonna request any buyer for a review (lol) :classic_ninja:

I understand. If I hadn't done it before, I would be equally cautious too!! 🙈

• Like 26

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

If they leave feedback on the order page (or inbox chats), I just ask them if I can use their comments in my advertising to future clients (then I save a screenshot of that approval). Buyers don't have to leave public feedback if they don't want (and many times my resume clients come after several weeks/months to tell me that my resume landed them interviews, LinkedIn connects, or a job). So I just keep those for marketing purposes if clients need additional proof/assurances of the quality of my work.

In my case, I have tons of repeat buyers which is why I cannot request them to leave a review on every order. It feels like that I am pushing/forcing them to do it.

Thank you so much again. I have understood everything now! 😊

• Like 28

9 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I've been receiving less reviews. 

I know as a buyer, I feel more pressure as a buyer to not make a mistake in my review. I also don't want to have to jump through all the hoops to leave a review (especially with the different screens). I do find myself rushing through so I can get to written part (or waiting until later so that I can take the time to leave one). I can see how buyers can get busy and forget to leave one (or rush through and make a mistake).

• Like 29

6 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

I don't think you should mention or request your buyer for it (red highligted text). 

My way of doing it isn't so much telling them to accept anything. It's "Once you have completed the order and are satisfied, please take a moment to save my gig (click the heart) and rate me accordingly." 

## ##

Okay. Maybe adding the sentence just before it would help.

So, it's "Please message me if there are any issues so that I can correct them for you. Once you have completed the order and are satisfied, please take a moment to save my gig (click the heart) and rate me accordingly."

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 28

40 minutes ago, webcut said:

"Please don't forget to accept the order 

4 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

I don't think you should mention or request your buyer for it (red highligted text). 

This literally sounds like a threat/polite order @webcut. We shouldn't push a buyer to accept a delivery. 

Like @smartdezigns advised, please avoid it. 

• Like 25
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Kesha .

If a seller write the word 'Review' or a similar word in the message option, a notification with proper guidelines will be displayed immediately. I hope Fiver will do this to inform the seller.

For example: If someone writes the word "payment" or '@', in message some alarming notifications is shown instantly.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by shuvo_va
  • Like 23

2 minutes ago, shuvo_va said:

If a seller write the word 'Review' or a similar word in the message option, a notification with proper guidelines will be displayed immediately. I hope Fiver will do this to inform the seller.

They do if you enter "4 star" or "5 star" in the inbox (not the lower ones though and not just for the word "review").

• Like 23

One potential way around this - that will only work with human vetting - is to simply always follow up with the buyer, but not about the review. Simply having a copypasta asking if anything could be improved etc. and using it for everyone. And of course shovelling some sort of "buy my other thing" message in there as well. 

AFAIK, this is recommended somewhere by Fiverr (not to mention it's now an exciting new feature in Seller Plus, the follow-up thing), so it's perfectly OK. And is it really review manipulation if it's a boilerplate message that you send to everyone? Far too easy to game and in a way that isn't really detectable by AI so long as sellers avoid the keywords. Look how people are already looking for keywords now (not necessarily to cheat, but all the same, knowledge is power)! 

FWIW I hardly ever mention reviews with my deliveries. Fiverr's gonna spam buyers for reviews on my behalf, so no need. 

Edited by emmaki
Also, isn't gig ❤ing just a waste of time since its just a bookmark?
  • Like 26

When I deliver an order, I always include this message:

"Also, if fiverr sends you a survey regarding your experience working with me, please take a moment to fill it out if you can. It helps me and lets them know I am taking good care of my customers :)" 

I phrase it this way because I know I am taking good care of them and have done my best for them. Even sometimes when people are difficult, I'm pretty good at calming and brightening the situation (Thanks, 18 years of customer service work!) 

If it has been a couple days and the client hasn't reviewed their delivery, I send the message:

"Please don't forget to review your deliver before it auto-completes!" 

I mean for them to listen to (review) their audio and make sure they're happy with it, but I'm not sure how better to phrase it than "review your delivery". So far it hasn't caused me any problems, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to re-phrase it. @vickieito you're a Word Wizard, maybe you would have an idea! No pressure, lol! 

• Like 25
  • Up 1

19 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I hardly ever mention reviews with my deliveries. Fiverr's gonna spam buyers for reviews on my behalf, so no need. 

I had the same sentiment but found a 100% increase in reviews being left once I started asking in this manner. Now's a different story, though, with the curve ball of new review processes.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 25

I think asking for feedback is awkward. The seller should try to deliver his best work. If he/she wants to review, then okay; if he does not, then don't ask. Because the seller is a skilled person. He has a lot of opportunities to improve his reputation. Therefore, depending on one platform and reviewing reviews is not good.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, smartdezigns said:

I don't think you should mention or request your buyer for it (red highlighted text). 

Thanks. I will follow sure. Ask in a different way and politely 🙂

Like- Will be glad if you accept the order and share your honest review for my service 🙂

Hope that will work!

• Like 23

Here's this today, sent within the inbox after an order was automatically completed. No review was left--publicly, anyway. Will my AI boss equate this to the success it should be equated with? Or, because they did not review on Fiverr will my social credit score go down in comparison to other sellers?

tagged.png

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 24
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emmaki said:

I hardly ever mention reviews with my deliveries. Fiverr's gonna spam buyers for reviews on my behalf, so no need.

I find that maybe 90% of the time I ask a buyer for a review (after auto-completion), they actually do.

When I don’t ask, I almost never get people leaving a review after an auto-completion.

• Like 26

10 minutes ago, webcut said:

Like- Will be glad if you accept the order and share your honest review for my service 🙂

Did not you read @priyank_mod's response? ⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

This literally sounds like a threat/polite order @webcut. We shouldn't push a buyer to accept a delivery. 

So avoid asking/requesting your buyers to accept the delivery/order. It's not a right thing to do. Just request for an honest feedback on your work.

• Like 24
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1