Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

I'm Fiverr's seller since 2014 which makes 10 years now, level 2 most of the time (even level 3 episode 2018-2019), around 95% of my reviews are 5*stars... And soon I'll be down to level ZERO.

XDDDD

I just have to say that Fiverr is becoming more and more like some hell-corpo and is less and less about FREElancing. It's really time for me to quit this toxin, I can't put off this decision any longer : /

• Like 8
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, alexonjourney said:

I had a customer who requested 8 revisions because each time he only mentioned one point that he would have liked to have revised, which could have been summarized in one revision. I found it a bit annoying, but I didn't care. Until I found out that Fiverr penalizes this kind of thing. In future, I will probably have to tell customers that they need to check EVERYTHING completely and only then submit a revision, as Fiverr enforces this. Then sellers and customers will have to suffer and adapt to the inferior algorithms if that's what the intelligent decision-makers at Fiverr want. 

23 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

Creative jobs require at least one revision in most cases. Many of my VO clients are happy with my voiceover, but they request a revision because the script has been changed slightly. I charge them again for certain things, but it still generates a revision request. Sometimes, they're dissatisfied with my voiceover and request a complete revision. Both are usual occurrences in the creative field, so punishing sellers again for revisions is a nice juicy cherry on top. When I was hired as a freelance coach by Heineken, I got some insight into their collaborations with creative agencies. Campaign revisions were plentiful and expected. It's par for the course. 

And yet any seller that does a revision under such circumstances is penalised in the rating/success score which affects visibility of our gigs etc. It’s so frustrating. Fiverr need to make some serious changes here .

• Like 12

I’m currently working with a buyer who I sent a draft to for them to check. Even though they have been online, they haven’t responded to my messages in the last 12 or so hours. I also requested an extension of 1 day so they can check the draft. They haven’t responded to that either. I’ve contacted Fiverr support who haven’t replied that. There is now late sales. And I’m going to be held responsible for this? I did everything I could to get the information I needed for the order upfront, but because there is a lot of information the buyer needs to check the draft, but if they are going online yet not being responsive to my messages how is that my responsibility and something that I should be penalised for? 

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It's definitely not an isolated incident. But I doubt Fiverr will actually force them to disclose how they work, after all, these agencies/groups/teams generate revenue so.. 

It's an ethical as well as a regulatory concern. There is no seriousness, no fairness, and not even respect for the seller and the buyer. Such an unfair system cannot in any way enhance the quality of the service. So for this reason, I feel deeply misled.

• Like 9

To summarize this, the new rating system is bugs on bugs. 

• Conflict-free orders - penalizes revisions which are absolutely normal and necessary part of creative work. Also penalizes when we reach out to CS regarding certain orders
  • Order cancellations - penalizes ALL cancelled orders, even those made by buyer's mistake 
  • Client satisfaction - values secret reviews over public ones, and I feel like it penalizes automatically completed orders and orders without any rating 
  • Value for money - is ridiculous and not fair criteria, most buyers don't choose "over satisfied" when giving a rating to our work, they choose "very good" which is 4 stars
  • Effective communication - freelancers don't have any understanding of this, but it looks like it penalizes their own review requirements bug
  • Delivery time - penalizes extension requests which a lot of times are caused by buyer's unresponsiveness
Edited by katherinasim
  • Like 12
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, katherinasim said:

• Conflict-free orders - penalizes revisions which are absolutely normal and necessary part of creative work
  • Order cancellations - penalizes ALL cancelled orders, even those made by buyer's mistake 
  • Client satisfaction - values secret reviews over public ones, and I feel like it penalizes automatically completed orders and orders without any rating 
  • Value for money - is ridiculous and not fair criteria, most buyers don't choose "over satisfied" when giving a rating to our work, they choose "very good" which is 4 stars
  • Effective communication - freelancers don't have any understanding of this, but it looks like it penalizes their own review requirements bug
  • Delivery time - the only criteria which looks ok ?

Conflict-free order: does it also penalise if you extend the delivery time? 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The problem exists in all verticals. That's why the Agency feature should actually be forced upon sellers that are clearly not an individual seller. There are writers who clearly say they have a team anywhere online if you search their name. Yet on Fiverr they pose as a solo writer, even if they have dozens of orders at once. However not every buyer looks for that, they trust the person, especially if Fiverr also gave them one of those rarer badges.

It's definitely not an isolated incident. But I doubt Fiverr will actually force them to disclose how they work, after all, these agencies/groups/teams generate revenue so.. 

There's one specific one I'm thinking about, we might have the same in mind, but at least this one's gigs are all on hold right now. Not sure since when it's like that but maybe it has to do with the update as well, who knows. 

But I do agree, that's the perfect scenario for the agency feature as for a buyer it looks like you're buying from that one person. I mean until now no one said anything against it so was a great time for this seller to create several income streams.

Edited by almostfauxreal
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, katherinasim said:

•  

It's all stuff they have always been doing and tracking in the background. So it's not like they have anything new here. They are just showing more of the background data. Which clearly shows one thing, we are tracked for every little metric. No wonder I was not getting any messages when I had an extension or revision active. 

10 minutes ago, katherinasim said:
  •  

That's the point, so not everyone has 5 stars anymore. The system does its job, I saw various sellers with lower gig score average, so if that's what Fiverr wanted, it certainly works. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

A Fiverr staff member trying to avoid an answer.
Here is the post ........... 

2 sellers are asking a question. No answer from the Fiverr staff member.

image.png.a72d19739ae3f03b22731924323ccf8a.png

I also contacted customer support about this matter. They penalise us for not replying under 24 hours but this standard won't apply to a huge company.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, almostfauxreal said:

There's one specific one I'm thinking about, we might have the same in mind, but at least this one's gigs are all on hold right now. Not sure since when it's like that but maybe it has to do with the update as well, who knows.

I don't think we are talking about the same person because the one I am talking about has dozens of orders in queue right now. And in general. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

after the update i feel like the promoted gigs are not getting that much view and no response from the buyers even that is turned on.
is there any relation of promoted gig visibility on the market with Success Score?

• Like 9
  • Up 3

I thought I would update you on my foray into the canceled gigs.

I have a big negative impact on gig cancellation on one of my gigs making it a four. I have only ever had two cancellations on that gig both within a few minutes of placing the order and both before requirements were submitted. 

After a day of back and forth, a customer support agent said they would escalate. I received an email 3 hours ago stating the following 

K_______ here this time, thank you for your patience while our relevant team thoroughly reviewed your Gigs' success score and key areas. It was confirmed that there is no discrepancy, and the scores you are seeing are correct and reflect your performance.

Regarding the Order Cancellations key area that may be displayed under your Gig success score, it's important to clarify that this is different from OCR (Order Completion Rate %). The Order Cancellation key area considers various metrics around order cancellations, including factors related to the order process before determining bad cancellations. It's a smarter, more complex indicator and not a simple percentage like OCR.

I can only inferr from this that old cancellation policies no longer apply. If you have any cancellations I suggest you check them and go to customer support. Anyone can get an order placed by mistake, no one is safe from that.

I have asked if the previously stated bug with cancellations therefore does not apply to me.

I also had a client request a delivery extension because they had a loss in the family. If delivery extensions are held against us I wonder what Fiverr would like me to tell them.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

What else can I say sadly I have completed 53 orders out of which 50 are 5 stars and 3 orders were canceled 7 to 9 months back due to non-cooperation from buyers.  There was also a buyer who blocked me and sent me an order to cancel the order.  When I contacted customer support they said they will refund my due wages, after contacting them later they failed to refund me my wages.  We have to face such a difficult situation, but we the sellers are affected by the cancellation of this order.  Due to the achievement score update, the first level is now level 0  Gig not available  Delivery time has never been delayed but my response rate is set to 0.  I don't think how much I would improve my success score if I hadn't been employed for the past 6 months because I couldn't find a gig.  All my efforts seem futile if all my clients are satisfied with me.

picture.jpeg

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The problem exists in all verticals. That's why the Agency feature should actually be forced upon sellers that are clearly not an individual seller. There are writers who clearly say they have a team anywhere online if you search their name. Yet on Fiverr they pose as a solo writer, even if they have dozens of orders at once. However not every buyer looks for that, they trust the person, especially if Fiverr also gave them one of those rarer badges.

And one of those sellers is a pro 1MM+ seller who plasters herself all over Fiverr as a guru, encouraging AI use because Fiverr's made it easier than ever to succeed. Her reviews tell the story. Not sure if she's still OOO, but right now she's building a cabin in the back of beyond or something. 

I'm sure most of you know who she is. Considering the Community Standards are particular about dishonesty and misrepresenting oneself, I have no idea why she still has all the gongs. It's been painfully obvious for years thzt she outsources and doesn't take the time for QC, and I'm pretty sure she bragged about it on a few occasions (the outsourcing, not the QC - there's not much to brag about there). 

As for the haplessness of staff trying to answer anything here or in emails with transparency or clarity, I'll repeat the thing I've said daily: we need the CEO or c-exec to speak. I

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

huh , but they do reply ... especially if you are a seller plus member... ' huh ' 

I am a Pro Verified TRS Seller Plus Premium with gigs in the Pro, Certified, and Enterprise catalog. 

It's tumbleweeds to my questions - or heavy emphasis on "hearing" and "listening". 

Other sellers who have far more impressive credentials with RL XP in their industry as what sounds like high level consultants seem to also be ignored.

Meanwhile, softball questions are getting vague non-answers. It's all the same in the end.

Edited by emmaki
I haven't made a million buck though. Perhaps that's the issue?
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

huh , but they do reply ... especially if you are a seller plus member... ' huh ' 

So I have to pay to get a response under 24 hours? Obviously it's a good business model: create a problem, sell a solution. Should seller charge for promt responses too then? Are you flexing that you chose to pay for seller plus now? 😅

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, katherinasim said:

• Conflict-free orders - penalizes revisions which are absolutely normal and necessary part of creative work. Also penalizes when we reach out to CS regarding certain orders
  • Delivery time - penalizes extension requests which a lot of times are caused by buyer's unresponsiveness

Make.This.Stop. 😔

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, emmaki said:

And one of those sellers is a pro 1MM+ seller who plasters herself all over Fiverr as a guru, encouraging AI use because Fiverr's made it easier than ever to succeed. Her reviews tell the story. Not sure if she's still OOO, but right now she's building a cabin in the back of beyond or something. 

I'm sure most of you know who she is. Considering the Community Standards are particular about dishonesty and misrepresenting oneself, I have no idea why she still has all the gongs. It's been painfully obvious for years thzt she outsources and doesn't take the time for QC, and I'm pretty sure she bragged about it on a few occasions (the outsourcing, not the QC - there's not much to brag about there). 

As for the haplessness of staff trying to answer anything here or in emails with transparency or clarity, I'll repeat the thing I've said daily: we need the CEO or c-exec to speak. I

Yeah that's exactly the one I meant here 😄 The gigs are on hold now though.

42 minutes ago, almostfauxreal said:

But I do agree, that's the perfect scenario for the agency feature as for a buyer it looks like you're buying from that one person. I mean until now no one said anything against it so was a great time for this seller to create several income streams.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, pyxisstudio said:

I got 4 But I am planning to delete the gig and make a new one.

Has anyone on here successfully brought their score up by deleting gigs?

Edited by cal5086
  • Like 9