Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

32 minutes ago, maitasun said:
37 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

but I do feel like bad decisions are being made that may have good intentions

Sorry to disagree. None are good intentions. We're paying the price for Fiverr not doing what it should do.

The whole thing seems odd like it was premeditated.

1. Create a problem → Release new levels system and degrade some sellers + confuse buyers to start giving lower public reviews

2. Generate demand → Cause GuidanceThirst™ by giving sellers anxiety and a superficial peak at how the gigs are rated

3. Give solution → Direct people to 'Success Managers'

4. Earn tons of cheddar → Cash in on the increase in the number of 'Seller Plus' subscriptions

<evil CEO laugh> 

I can understand that creating an intelligent and fair system on that scale is very hard, and not every nuance can be accounted for. 
But this whole algorithm logic doesn't add up. Especially since it was developed and working over the course of a longer period when there was plenty of time to gain first-hand insights into how sellers and buyers are operating given the specific functionalities.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, vhskid said:

Give solution → Direct people to 'Success Managers'

That's not a solution. Having a SM won't help you in any way with this system. They don't have any extra information on this topic, it's basically equivalent to talking with CS.

Not to mention that Fiverr doesn't have enough to handle the current users, much less if there's a ton of new applicants. If that happens, you can expect to hear from SM's by e-mail once a month, and get a call per year, if you're lucky.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 7
  • Up 4

Just now, visualstudios said:
2 minutes ago, vhskid said:

Give solution → Direct people to 'Success Managers'

That's not a solution. Having a SM won't help you in any way with this system. They don't have any extra information on this topic, it's basically equivalent to talking with CS.

Don't tell anyone, but giving the actual solution is not an objective in this secret masterplan

• Like 8

Just now, vhskid said:

Don't tell anyone, but giving the actual solution is not an objective in this secret masterplan

Yes, but baiting and switching isn't a very viable business plan long term. They can sell a subscription once, for one month, but that's it. Then what?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:
2 minutes ago, vhskid said:

Yes, but baiting and switching isn't a very viable business plan long term. They can sell a subscription once, for one month, but that's it. Then what?

Just because they didn't prepare properly their staff or they didn't know that the algorithm was flawed to this extent, doesn't mean the plan couldn't look like this.

One way or another someone dropped the ball here.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, pyxisstudio said:

Guys let me know if anyone deletes the Gig, and it solves the problem, I might just delete my gig and make a new one.

Weren't you leaving Fiverr? I swear I read your post...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pyxisstudio said:

Guys let me know if anyone deletes the Gig, and it solves the problem, I might just delete my gig and make a new one.

Maybe it's better to create a new thread with this question. So that it does not get lost among so many comments.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

Maybe it's better to create a new thread with this question. So that it does not get lost among so many comments.

I deleted 2 gigs with zero effect on my score. No idea what others have experienced, but it made no difference for me.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

I deleted 2 gigs with zero effect on my score. No idea what others have experienced, but it made no difference for me.

And yet it is contradictory to what support told me.

"Hi there Leonor, 

Janette here, it's understandable that you'd want to have more information on your Success Score.

Gigs with more orders will have a bigger impact on the overall success score. You’ll be able to see and track your success score on your new Level Overview page. 

Deleting or pausing a Gig will remove its score from the overall success score.

Please note that only active gigs will impact your success score.

We aim to improve the quality of services offered on the platform to improve buyer retention. Deleting a low-performing gig means focusing your attention on the ones that work.

Once deleted/paused, you may be able to see the effect on your account within the next few days. Keep in mind that the success score is not the only metric affecting your eligibility for the next level. For more information on your levels and benefits, visit Achieving Levels and The Success Score.

Please note that deleting a Gig will also remove all Gig information and history."

• Like 9
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

Deleting or pausing a Gig will remove its score from the overall success score.

That contradicts what was said by Kesha here. Pausing a gig doesn't affect the overall success score. Allegedly.

Impossible to know what to trust anymore. Nobody knows anything, or everybody lies.

Proof:

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 20.56.08.png

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 12
  • Up 4

7 minutes ago, rajamani255 said:

Fiverr should outsource customer support to customer support niche sellers on Fiverr. That'll make their customer care more reliable instead of the in-house representatives that give contradictory responses each time.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

Having a SM won't help you in any way with this system. They don't have any extra information on this topic, it's basically equivalent to talking with CS.

I was asked to be an SM.... personally. Alas, there was no benefit to me in accepting, so I declined. Given the volatility of this product rollout, that was probably a good idea. 😬

• Like 10
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, jonbaas said:

I was asked to be an SM.... personally. Alas, there was no benefit to me in accepting, so I declined. Given the volatility of this product rollout, that was probably a good idea. 😬

Do SMs get picked among top rated people on Fiverr?

• Like 9