Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

Hey everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. Recently, I've encountered an unexpected challenge on Fiverr that has significantly impacted my main source of income. Since the introduction of the new level system, my profile has been flagged, resulting in a noticeable decline in new client engagements.

I've reached out to Fiverr support for assistance, but as of now, there hasn't been a final decision or resolution. I'm attaching screenshots to provide a clearer picture of the situation.

I'm reaching out to the community for any advice or suggestions on how to navigate this issue. If anyone has experienced something similar or has insights on how to remove a flag from a profile, your guidance would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and support.

Best, Zayn

01.png

02.png

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

Hi Fiverr,

I applaud business development and trying to develop your platform. However, I think you really need to take a step back with your new "Success Score" system. 

It doesn't motivate or help me to take action, it is overly complicated, and most importantly it doesn't have to! You built an ineffective rocket.

A few remarks before I move on to the solution:

- I handle my Gigs completely consistently, yet my "room for improvement" suggestions are conflicting. It simply doesn't make sense both from a logical and action-oriented perspective.

- As a Pro Seller your sales speech was that I could take communication off-platform as long as I send the bill here, which is also highly preferred by clients. Now I don't have "effective communication", because I don't communicate here.

- The transparency is not better. You have just created more categories. It is evidenced when prodding your support, who states that the calculations are "confidential".

- You have missed basic statistics. For low volumes, there will be huge fluctuations which can have a devastating impact. For high volumes, scores will tend to be lower or converge on their natural level. It's much easier to get a perfect rating on 10 orders than on 100 orders, yet the 100 orders should be rated higher in my opinion. Also, I have a low volume of orders but a high average selling price. This makes it much more random.

- And a lot more...

Suggestions for a solution:

- On YouTube etc. views are king. Your main indicator of success could simply be REVENUE. This would benefit both your stockholders, your customers, AND your sellers and different lines of work that have inherently different volumes would not skew the measure. It's so simple - revenue is why we're all here in the first place!

- You could simply add more "scoring questions", i.e. categories, to your review process and raise the scale to 10. You would get more granular scores, it would be easy for both customer and seller to deduce where to improve and there is no "secrecy" in how the scores are calculated. A rating of 10 translates directly into perfect. You also wouldn't have to do overly complicated algorithmic calculations.

- Make the levels mainly "cosmetic" to give a slight edge in marketing your Gig. As they may fluctuate, the perks can have devastating effects on people who make a full-time living from it. Maybe instead of "Top Rated Seller", even just call them "Bestsellers" in line with the revenue thought above.

- Include the extra perks in the Seller Plus package instead. The serious sellers will gladly pay and you will get a much simpler and effective offering.

And here's my "big picture" remarks. For a full-time seller like me, it's deeply frustrating to rely on algorithms that can make or break my ability to pay my rent. Simplicity will add more transparency, trust, and happier sellers. This is in line with general management, where bosses don't get to bully their employees anymore and realize that happy employees simply create better results and perform better. Make life easier for us sellers, and we will be happier and create more revenue for you! You are constantly reminding me that it is strictly forbidden to take business off-platform, to link to my own (and much better way) of showing my portfolio, don't share any contact info, and keep it all within the platform even when the clients don't prefer it. With this, you are going in the wrong direction and widening the gap between you and sellers instead of motivating us to do our best on your, otherwise, great platform.

I truly believe in your concept for the future and you are making it exciting and possible to be a freelancer and get to work with people from all over the world! I really hope you will listen to some of the feedback you get from sellers and make life easier - not more complicated and ineffective. Thanks, Fiverr!

Edited by lakris16
  • Like 14
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Kesha

Now that a few KPIs are revealed, we can see what factors are affecting the score, 
which is great! 
However, the sad part is that the calculations, thresholds, and weighted averages behind these scores are not transparent to us. 
I don't see any point in hiding the math or logic because it's now evident what is impacting positively and negatively. 
Therefore, providing information on how much each factor impacts the calculations for totals on each gig and the final score would facilitate everyone's understanding.

I feel bad seeing how sellers are trying to average all gigs to cross-match the final score in every possible way over the last two days! 
I believe this requires transparent math.

thanks!

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Thanks for creating this post. Can you help me figure out what my account level is after the latest rating system update? After the update, I have Low Performance next to My Level on my dashboard (Screenshot attached). What I don't understand is whether Low Performance means I am level 0 or If I am not part of the rating system anymore. I tried contacting customer support but they didn't really answer the question clearly either. I was a level 2 prior to the update and it's frustrating that the new system puts my account out of the level system.

Any help about what a Low-Performance level equates to would be helpful.

low performance.PNG

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

* I also think I’m in the process of getting a cancelation after the delivery which looks to be the mortal sin metrics-wise. What a timely manner to test this new canceled orders review feature, good for me. 

I’ll let you know how painful it's going to be.

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 10

19 hours ago, krrishsodho said:

I am seeing a lot of accounts flagged, A lot of stories posted on Social Media, Well I feel like these people have multiple accounts. Just a guess as I saw this with someone I know and he was using multiple accounts.

What? I have only one account if you do not know exact answer please not guess that a serious matter more than 50% freelancer suffer from this and you said that I guess so please do not guess any assumption from your side.
Thanks

• Like 9
  • Up 1

@Kesha

I want to share my thoughts on the recent overhaul of the Level system, specifically the introduction and significant weight of the Success Score. While I acknowledge and appreciate the intent to refine the platform's quality and performance metrics, I believe certain aspects of this update may inadvertently place undue pressure on seasoned sellers, myself included.

My journey on Fiverr over the last two years has been marked by the completion of over 21,000 orders, a testament to my dedication and the trust my clients place in my services. Throughout this period, I've maintained a consistent level of quality and service without any indication or feedback from Fiverr or my Success Manager that my performance was lacking. The sudden shift to a system where a newly introduced Success Score dictates one’s level—with mine currently at 4—poses a significant challenge. The requirement to potentially rectify or improve upon two years of operational metrics within a 30-day window is not only daunting but arguably unrealistic. This stark transition from a Level 2 to a potential Level 0, based on these new criteria, raises concerns about the feasibility of such adjustments in a short span.

To address these challenges and ensure a fair evaluation process, I propose a more balanced approach: considering the most recent 180 days of a seller's activity for the Success Score calculation, coupled with a 60-day grace period for any necessary adjustments. This method would provide sellers with a reasonable timeframe to adapt to the new metrics without negating their historical contributions and performance on the platform.

Adopting this suggestion could significantly mitigate the risk of demotion for many high-performing sellers, preserving the platform's integrity and competitive spirit. More importantly, it aligns with Fiverr's goal of enhancing service quality and buyer satisfaction, by maintaining a motivated and fairly evaluated seller community. This balanced approach ensures that both new and established sellers are given equitable opportunities to succeed and grow, ultimately benefiting the entire Fiverr ecosystem—sellers, buyers, and the platform alike.

• Like 19
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, mountdesign said:

The requirement to potentially rectify or improve upon two years of operational metrics within a 30-day window is not only daunting but arguably unrealistic

I think the issue is them going back 2 years more so than having 30 days to fix the issue. Let's be honest We can't fix any of the issues because we have zero control of our accounts. How do you fix a cancelation or bad review from a year ago?

I'm a success level of 4 due to cancellations that at the time I was assured wouldn't impact such metrics and I have zero options to correct this or prevent it from causing the damage it's currently doing.

• Like 10
  • Up 7

Hi! For the "value for money" . I think that the seller have the right to put the best pricing for the service.  And the buyer have the right to not order .

In my starts i was offering 5$ illustrations and a buyer was just asking me to give a discount and make the illustration with like 2 or 3$! I said that's this is impossible and they accepted to pay the 5$.

when someone like this have the right to determine if it's the right calue or not . It's obvious that they will say that it's not worth it! When someone else will see it's a reasonable price and adds a tip too . 

So it's not something that the buyer can decide if it's worth it or not. Hope you'll discuss it again .

Edited by amel_designs
  • Like 11
  • Up 2

Until a few hours ago, I had a negative impact on customer satisfaction (but I have all 5 stars) now it is strongly negative. I have not received any reviews in the last week. What has happened in such a short time? This metric is not only unclear, it is also quite sneaky. I should add that I was on the street when I saw this on my phone, I felt sick and vulnerable. These people don't realize the damage they are doing on the health of us sellers....

IMG_4867.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • Up 1

This shows how inaccurate the Fiverr algorithm is at calculating success scores and other metrices. They are putting people's hard work and livelihoods in the hands of AI and letting it decide whether the clients are satisfied or not.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

From what I am reading I am noticing this seems to be nurturing a combative and resentful environment between sellers and buyers, particularly stemming from private reviews. I don't know how this would be solved perhaps redacted comments that say "anonymous" to give clarity on where issues lie with the loss of points. This is simply an observation as things unfold.

• Like 9
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, elunub3 said:

It's a shame if so. The mechanics of the feature can be understood, but the impact on the user experience of buyers and sellers is not clear.

Dozens of different factors can influence the need to extend the deadline: from the reasons related to the delay from the buyer to the banal, my sick leave.

If there is this function, if I used it and the buyer agreed to the request, why do I suddenly become a bad seller? I didn't put pressure on the buyer, I didn't manipulate, I didn't let them down. It's simple: if they have a strict deadline, they may not approve my request, and if I'm late with the delivery, I'll get a negative rating and a bad rating. It's only fair.

But if the client and I decide to extend the deadline together, why does the fiver decide that my services are bad and my gig shouldn't be shown on the first page anymore? It's very strange if true.

This. I had to do this when I was going back and forth from the hospital for three weeks last year. That option saved my sanity while I had to be everywhere at once and financially couldn't take time off. Now I'm doing it again because I fell ill and that was something I wasn't expecting to handle this week. I can't control that. I can't control the hospital situation as much as I wanted it to not happen. It's confusing that Fiverr rolled that option out while simultaneously punishing us for using it. I don't mind if it has a negative impact, especially in private reviews, since that's the buyer's prerogative, but I think it shouldn't be so heavily skewed to feel utterly impossible to overcome.

• Like 13

Hello everyone,

First of all, I really would like to thank to the Fiverr team who is allowing to the sellers to share their views, suggestions and concerns regarding this new system. I also have some points which I would like to explore. 

@Kesha

1) Key metrics:
I had just a healthy discussion with the customer support team and came to know that the key metrics are also determine a score relative to other freelancers so based on that what I can understand is success score is a competition or can say it's clear comparison with the other freelancer. But as per my point of view if the key metrics can be determined from the seller's own profile then it will be more efficient. Because if key metrics determine after the comparisons of different freelancers only then the completed orders, level of experience and seniority can be also included. Currently just the partial comparison is taking place not the full. I have attached a screenshot of the answer which I got from the CS team for the reference purpose only and just to understand more. 

2) Grace period:
Sellers who are here on Fiverr from so many years and have been completed thousands of project till now, for that the grace period of just 1 month is quite short I guess. The more order completed means the more challenges sellers have faced so the data will be also affected and to cover that, at least 6 to 8 months are required. If Fiverr has taken the data of the lifetime then it will be a huge challenge. I have also read here somewhere in forum that the data has been taken of last 2 years but didn't find any confirmation on the same. So, I request to Kesha to clarify the exact timeframe which Fiverr has considered specifically for the success score. 

3) Level overview:
The Level overview is dependent upon the 6 performance metrics but for that all metrics the timeframe taken is different. One of the metric contain last 90 days, few of them contain lifetime data while few contain last 2 years data so my suggestion is whatever timeframe Fiverr applies, is should be the same for all the 6 performance metrics.

4) Success score calculation:
Currently sellers know about the success score and also know about the metrics which are affecting but it would be great if a simple calculation can be provided for better understanding. As per the simple counting method it's like - The total/complete score of all the individual gigs divided by the total number of gigs. But may be it's not working like that because as per the current data score it's not matching. Throwing some light on this will be highly appreciated. 

5) Value for money:
This will be significant challenge for all the sellers. As per my view, value for money we can apply to any product. For example if anyone goes to purchase a laptop then they will compare like what configuration they are getting and etc. so that can decide it's value for money or not. The value for money is perfect for the e-commerce type websites. While it comes to the graphic designing, it's hard to know because it's an art, it's a creative work and for all the people the definition will be different for the art. For someone, just a simple line as a logo is important while someone has a whole complex design structure is important. So, it's changing people to people. Many big companies own a very simple logo which were made by spending thousands of dollars but we can't say it's not a value for money.

6) Success score weightage:
The success score's dependency is more on the gigs which are getting an ample amount of orders and it's weightage is also high, now in this case, to improve the success score will be a big challenge because you are already getting more orders and it will be continue adding to the metrics day by day so it will be an endless, whatever new improved metrics you are getting, the past bad data is continue with you and will keep affecting you on every stage. So, I think in this there is some balanced kind of weightage or any other solution.

7) Monitoring the data:
I request to monitor all the data equally. For example qualification for the next level is 5 for the orders and if it's 20000 times more than the decided value then what's the advantage of that. Currently it's nothing and the importance is same to the 5. Attached a screenshot as well.

Thank you in advance for taking your precious time to read this. If you like any of my suggestions from above and found any point which is valid then I request you to take it into the consideration. After all my purpose is just to give an honest opinion which may help to make this new system more easy and successful for all the sellers. 

Best,

1.png

2.png

• Like 12
  • Up 8

1 hour ago, lenasemenkova said:

I hope Fiverr reconsiders this idea of using the resolution center for any reason = conflict. 

I'm a bit concerned as well.

I have had several buyers who take 2-3 days to just look over 2-300 words at a time. If I don't update them but deliver a huge chunk of text immediately, I'm potentially at risk because of not updating them. IF I update them but the time runs out, I might get dinged (from what we understand at the moment) for extending the order. 

I try my best to run after buyers and get an answer as fast as possible usually, but I can't control their lives (and 'spamming' them 4-5-6 times can also be an issue, right?) It just feels a bit like there isn't really a 'right' thing to do.

Of course, for all we know, it's all metrics from the private survey, but I haven't been late in years...(but have to extend relatively often). If buyers can just say 'this gig was late' when they don't give us the info on time, that's a bit wonky as well (this is only an 'if', I haven't seen the private review form in a while. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1

20 minutes ago, maddy216 said:

This. I had to do this when I was going back and forth from the hospital for three weeks last year. That option saved my sanity while I had to be everywhere at once and financially couldn't take time off. Now I'm doing it again because I fell ill and that was something I wasn't expecting to handle this week. I can't control that. I can't control the hospital situation as much as I wanted it to not happen. It's confusing that Fiverr rolled that option out while simultaneously punishing us for using it. I don't mind if it has a negative impact, especially in private reviews, since that's the buyer's prerogative, but I think it shouldn't be so heavily skewed to feel utterly impossible to overcome.

It is clear that business is not interested in our personal reasons. But if we have resolved this issue together with the client, found an understanding, and these circumstances do not affect the client's satisfaction with my services, the fiver should not care, the platform should not decide.

I wish you a speedy healing.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

well, even buyers are confused more than ever. and I wonder about the meaning that Fiverr responding to sellers from the perspective of clients who are pressured. can someone tell us how we pressure them when we don't even have a voice? by working hard? or by delivering the best work of ours? 

photo_2024-02-16 13.47.14.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Up 4

Hey,

I'm not sure what you've changed exactly, but I started getting <5 star reviews in the last few days. By clients who were happy with my services...

109 from my first 110 reviews were 5 stars. Now the last 5 are <5 stars, one after another, with clients that are more than happy with my services. I asked the clients and every single one of those last 5 reviews - The clients told me they were thinking that are answering a survey for Fiverr in general and not my services in particular, they didn't know that this would be the reviews published on my profile and even apologized to me because they don't want to hurt our business relationship (re-occurring buyers that were obviously satisfied).

This is incredibly frustrating, considering this will stay on my profile public forever and my rating already dropped from 5 to 4.9 and it is not even my own fault. If you don't make it clearer for the clients - this would be extremely bad!

• Like 11
  • Up 4

5 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

“Delivery time – Strong negative impact

Here are three orders that have impacted this score negatively. Take some time to review them and consider how you can improve in future.

Order 1

Order 2

Order 3”

This doesn’t highlight a specific buyer as having given negative feedback. It just gives a seller specific orders to review, rather than a page of generic tips that don’t help.

This doesn't work, and can't be implemented. If I know an order impacted the score negatively, I know which buyer impacted the score negatively. Not sure what you're trying to say here. 

Hell, I have a "strong negative impact" on customer satisfaction in one of my gigs (still at 9 score, somehow), and I know exactly which client is responsible for that lol. 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, alanletsgo said:

Does "Request: Extend delivery date" affect the success score of a gig? Because in the notes it says "Sometimes you just need more time, but keep in mind this can affect buyer satisfaction."

3 hours ago, zeecreations said:

This needs immediate attention. Time extensions should not be included in this metric. 

3 hours ago, dereck_s said:

I think it's always affected it, objectively you didn't deliver on time. I hate it as well but understand why it would affect the score.

2 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I offer training sessions and regularly have buyers ask to reschedule to a time after the delivery deadline. In this situation, I request an extension to benefit the buyer. I also have people that place an order and then disappear for months on end. Does this mean extending the order to give the buyer more flexibility in this way is hurting my stats? I really hope not.

2 hours ago, vibronx said:

I have asked for an extension as a buyer, too. Or at least very heavily encouraged that a seller could use extensions on my orders as they saw fit. I know they wouldn't have done so if I didn't encourage it. I simply did it to be a good buyer. I would feel horrible if it ended up hurting that seller. Which it probably did now...

I feel this metric is very similar to the "value for money" metric and solely dependent on buyer's intent, mood and whims!!

For me, 80% of my orders go through extensions because buyers take their own sweet time to respond and at times orders run for weeks and even months. And till date, I never sought an extension from any buyer for delay at my end but I happily send extension requests and wait for them to respond (sent two of them today). 😇

Coming back to the point - Order might have had long running time because the buyer was busy but they still might select a metric in 'private feedback' which implicates the seller for being late!!🤐 Just like a $5 order with 20 deliverables might not be value for money for them. 🥲

PS I have had a few interactions with Fiverr Support on order-related issues where they politely pointed finger at me for 'seeking multiple extensions' without bothering to check if the delay was from my end or buyer's!!🥲 To our good fortune, now the requests get approved on their own after 48 hours and this feature has been a saviour. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, szybkaiokienko said:

+ my offer on this gig is 30 $ while for the same service artist market calls for 100-300$,

Stop doing that, that's part of the problem. Not only you're being underpaid, you're actively devaluing your entire vertical. 

• Like 9
  • Up 5

Hi @Kesha

I have a question: Does asking for a delivery extension affect the 'Conflict-Free Order' stat? And does cancelling an order without requirements affect it? (Previously, it didn't affect the cancellation rate.) Please answer.

Edited by eclixo
  • Like 11