Fiverr must do automatic Evaluation for Top Rated Seller instead of manual choosen.

jazzydxb

30 minutes ago, jazzydxb said:

However, it's should be automatic evaluation criteria and process

Why? It's their platform, they do what they want. If they make this automatic, a lot of level 2 sellers automatically become TRS and that lowers the meaning of this particular level. It's not meant to be something everyone has in the first place so..

• Like 9
  • Up 3

They could be more transparent and say what other things are taken into account. If they're taking other things into account maybe some of those things could be checked more automatically (and might already be) before final manual checks and the automatic checks could let the seller know what the things they failed on (if any).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

Accept it and move on

Though if the sellers who don't get to be TRS after being nominated don't get some feedback about the reasons then they might not know what areas they could be improving on to stand a better chance of getting TRS in future (if the reasons they failed are something they could improve on to stand a chance of getting TRS in future).

I assume the checks currently are part automatic. It could give some feedback to the seller from any automatic and manual checks.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, jazzydxb said:

However, it's should be automatic evaluation criteria and process

3 hours ago, jazzydxb said:

Guys, do you agreeed? 

Well, I will agree with you but only on one condition that Fiverr change the earning criteria from $10,000 to $100,000. Sounds good? 😃 😃

Because I don't want to see top rated sellers lose the "value" of that shiny badge on their profile. 

• Like 5

Absolutely not. There should be more quality controls around here, not fewer.

I know how frustrating it is to wait for TRS; I had to wait quite a while myself. The platform and buyer benefit when they truly have quality service providers at the top level, and that helps all of us.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, jazzydxb said:

As of my knowledge update in September 2021, Fiverr's evaluation selection of Top Rated Sellers (TRS) was primarily a manual process. However, it's should be automatic evaluation criteria and process. Guys, do you agreeed? 

No. If everyone gets it, there's nothing special about it. It becomes as meaningless as a forum badge.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

18 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Why? It's their platform, they do what they want. If they make this automatic, a lot of level 2 sellers automatically become TRS and that lowers the meaning of this particular level. It's not meant to be something everyone has in the first place so..

The way you answering! Most of the time people feel you are the Fiverr CEO. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

No, because it shouldn't be trivialised. If everyone who hits those metrics becomes TRS, everyone will eventually be TRS, since they are very easy to hit (the $ made is just a matter of time, not even quality). And if everyone is TRS, it will be meaningless.

It should be more transparent, with clear metrics, however. At the moment I can't know if it's indeed manual, or some kind of arcane AI system, I can't know how it's decided, etc. For all I know there may be a number of "slots" per vertical, for example, probably % based - we can't know that. If that's the case, if all slots are filled, you'll never get it, until there are more sellers in your vertical, or demotions. This should be made explicit.

As a TRS, I've seen many level 2 sellers that would, in my view, qualify (good portfolios, good gig videos and images, good copy, good communication, skilled at what they do, etc.) and yet don't get it. At the same time, I've seen plenty of TRS (and even some Pro's) that have questionable images, gigs, portfolios, videos, copy, etc.

It's weird when a system should (imo) be both more strict and less strict at the same time, and that should change.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, samdotdesign said:

The way you answering! Most of the time people feel you are the Fiverr CEO. 🙂 

It's the truth. Why would you have an automatic system for the most prestigious rewards? I do wish they would add more levels, because most sellers here are level 2, and there's no differentiation between me, someone that has been here for 10 years at this point and a dude that just entered the site and made 50 sales within 2 months.

• Like 6

On 9/15/2023 at 7:43 AM, jazzydxb said:

As of my knowledge update in September 2021, Fiverr's evaluation selection of Top Rated Sellers (TRS) was primarily a manual process. However, it's should be automatic evaluation criteria and process. Guys, do you agreeed? 

Screenshot 2023-09-15 103733.jpg

I think automating it would only make any sense if they were to have a lot more visible metrics to maintain and those metrics were very stringent.

For example, taking all the 90% thresholds and making them 95+. I think it would also require adding more visible metrics to achieve, like monthly earnings quotas, profile completeness, average response time etc.

(These are just examples, not really thoroughly thought-out suggestions)

Anyway, that’s the only way I can see any automated process making any sense.

If you are interested in getting TRS and your other stats are on-track, it might be worth checking out Seller Plus. I have been eligible for TRS for years and then subscribed to SP a couple weeks ago. On my first evaluation date after subscribing to SP I got promoted (today 🥳), so they’re not joking when they say it includes priority TRS vetting.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t make it easier to get through the vetting process. I think it just puts you to the top of the queue.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t make it easier to get through the vetting process. I think it just puts you to the top of the queue.

Isn't the current system then biased?

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Why would you have an automatic system for the most prestigious rewards? I do wish they would add more levels, because most sellers here are level 2, and there's no differentiation between me, someone that has been here for 10 years at this point and a dude that just entered the site and made 50 sales within 2 months.

An automatic system (or part automatic system), with clear feedback about why a seller didn't get to TRS and clearer info on any stats that need to be achieved could help reduce bias (or help show there was little or no bias). As well as let the seller know the clear reasons.

Maybe the reason it can't be done totally automatically currently could be that some things need to be visually checked that the software couldn't do itself yet (like properly check gig images/gig videos/deliveries). But maybe in future it could automatically be able to check things like gig images better and so need less manual checking.

But I agree, another level would help.

Also for TRS, why is the minimum average rating required for it (the one shown on the levels page) the same as all the other levels? If they're "top rated" sellers shouldn't the minimum average rating be higher than it is for the other levels (either the all time average or the 60 day average?)?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Isn't the current system then biased?

I guess the way they prioritise the process is, but then I suppose it’s no different to the way one can pay to skip the queue at a theme park. Or, another more relevant parallel would be how a buyer can pay for fast delivery on Fiverr, which jumps them to the top (or nearer the top) of a seller’s list.

I don’t think the actual evaluation is any different though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

but then I suppose it’s no different to the way one can pay to skip the queue at a theme park.

Isn't it paying to help get awarded TRS badge a lot quicker? Isn't it like someone paying someone so they can get awarded a knighthood or paying someone to get awarded a certificate of some type (without doing the course). It's a badge to show your achievements but you got a subscription which then made them give it  when they wouldn't have given it to you at that time otherwise. Bypassing a queue to be given an award like that to show someone is a "top rated seller" is a lot different than skipping the queue at a theme park by paying extra.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

19 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

An automatic system (or part automatic system), with clear feedback about why a seller didn't get to TRS

The OP wants to automatically become a TRS, without any curating from the Fiverr team. So that's not what this topic is all about.

I do think that Fiverr already has some semi-automated systems to ensure they only go through a few thousand people every month to check if they can become TRS instead of hundreds of thousands of Level 2 sellers. 

20 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

But maybe in future it could automatically be able to check things like gig images better and so need less manual checking.

I hope they never automate this process. It would hurt the platform. And AI is not perfect, it can lead to lots of bad results and false positives, to the point where you are better off just doing the work manually. At least when it comes to TRS and Pro. They should add a few more levels honestly, and make those harder to reach. The fact everyone is level 2 here..  makes buyers very confusing and it certainly doesn't make a difference between seller qualifications or even age on the platform. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

Isn't it paying to help get awarded TRS badge a lot quicker? Isn't it like someone paying someone so they can get awarded a knighthood or paying someone to get awarded a certificate of some type (without doing the course). It's a badge to show your achievements but you got a subscription which then made them give it  when they wouldn't have given it to you at that time. Bypassing a queue for to be given an award like that to show someone is a "top rated seller" is a lot different than skipping the queue at a theme park by paying extra.

Yes, it can result in it happening quicker, I guess. (Bear in mind I got promoted this way but I can’t say with any certainty that I wouldn’t have been anyway. I’ve been eligible for years).

I don’t really see how it’s different to paying at a theme park, to be honest. At a theme park, if you’re eligible to ride (tall enough, if we stick with the analogy) then you can. You just join a shorter queue that you’ve paid to be in. You’ll still only get the TRS accolade if you’ve done the work and are eligible for it.

• Up 3

32 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

You’ll still only get the TRS accolade if you’ve done the work and are eligible for it.

But if you skipped the queue for TRS that means there could be many other people who would have been eligible for TRS who didn't get the badge when they should have, not because they weren't good enough to get it but because people who do the manual checks aren't getting round to doing all those checks on them all, so all those other sellers are losing out (waiting many months or more for something which they were eligible for all that time). So surely, if possible more automated checks should be done (and so there could be less manual checks needing to be done as the system could show the ones that passed or had the highest scores on the automated checks at the top of the list for them to check).

32 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

And AI is not perfect, it can lead to lots of bad results and false positives, to the point where you are better off just doing the work manually. At least when it comes to TRS and Pro.

They probably already use AI (of some sort) all the time though (eg. in doing moderation to find bad/fraudulent gigs).

And how good are the manual checks now when there are TRS offering to design "business card, letterhead or stationary" or a Pro seller offering to "design bussines card and stationary" and other Pros offering to design stationary?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

But if you skipped the queue for TRS that means there could be many other TRS who didn't get the badge when they should have, not because they weren't good enough to get it but because people who do the manual checks aren't getting round to doing all those checks on them all, so all those other sellers are losing out. So surely, if possible more automated checks should be done.

I totally understand your point here and I’ve felt the same standing in a long queue before. In the theme park analogy, the non-paying queue is made longer by the fact that there’s a paying queue next to it. All those that have paid are filling up the seats on the rollercoaster first, even if they haven’t queued at all.

The only way to avoid a system like this is to get Fiverr to scrap the priority vetting altogether, and I can’t see them doing that as it’s a selling point of their subscription model. (Or more automated checks, as you suggest – but that still would hurt their subscription model so I can’t see it happening)

Edited by charlsmcfarlane
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I got promoted (today 🥳),

Congratulations Charlie!

14 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

The only way to avoid a system like this is to get Fiverr to scrap the priority vetting altogether,

Now that you have got it today, you want the policy to be scrapped lol

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

So surely, if possible more automated checks should be done (and so there could be less manual checks needing to be done as the system could show the ones that passed or had the highest scores on the automated checks at the top of the list for them to check).

I can tell you for a fact that I am skipped 100% and it's due to pricing. What I mean by semi-automated is that they most likely have filters like certain prices, number of sales within a month, etc, that disqualify a lot of sellers. Let's face it...no one at Fiverr goes through hundreds of thousands of sellers every month. I am pretty sure they do have a semi-automated system to disqualify people using their own criteria. If they don't.. they should.

• Like 2
  • Up 1