Our latest product release is here

Shiran.M

16 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I’m curious about what this will mean for my pending application. The old pro application form link is broken but when I found the new link and tried to apply it still says “submitted”, so it seems like the form might be unchanged. I’d love to know if my application is still going to be looked at.

Hey @charlsmcfarlane
If you already sent your Pro application, there is no need to re-apply. The evaluation team will go over your application as in the regular process.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I don't know what to think of the new updates because communication about them has been cryptic, secretive and vague. Now that they're apparently live, I still don't really know what Pro 2.0 even is, what exactly Certified is, how Neo works its match-making magic and if it's going to be any better than briefs ever were, etc. etc. etc. 

At a glance, it just looks like some eye-candy may have changed a bit, badges changed colors, some names changed, and now we have our very own Chat GPT sibling that may or may not regurgitate anything useful or accurate. 

I'm always cautiously optimistic, but communication about these changes and updates has been more like movie teaser trailers than anything actually informative. 😕 

• Like 23

1 hour ago, bethanyvo said:

New news from my seller plus manager: All sellers with a pro profile will have their gigs appear in the pro catalog- regardless of price.  To have the actual PRO brand on the gig itself- it has to be over $100.

So basically nothing changed, aside from making some TRS pro just to have more talent in the catalog.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, greystorm2 said:

Honestly, I don't know what to think of the new updates because communication about them has been cryptic, secretive and vague.

So you mean regular Fiverr communication. I agree - other than some promotional language, I can't tell what has actually changed under the hood. Is it the same old engine with a polish, or a new engine?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

Is it the same old engine with a polish, or a new engine?

The Neo matching thing is new, and there's some rebranding to transform Fiverr business into Pro now, hence the reason why they added more people under the Pro moniker. But other than that, honestly, I don't see a lot of major changes.

That being said.. reviews for canceled orders are coming in 1-2 weeks as well, and I think that's the major change to affect a lot of people here... Not sure if it comes alone or with other features, but we'll see I guess.

• Like 18

The wording from the Product Release:

"Matching is about to get a whole lot more personalized with Fiverr Neo, our new experience that matches you with freelancers based on your needs, so you can achieve better results."

@Shiran.M, do we have a timeline of when Neo will actually be deployed? I've seen users on the forum saying they received a match from Neo, but it sounds like those are from the existing buyer brief function.

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I've seen users on the forum saying they received a match from Neo, but it sounds like those are from the existing buyer brief function.

From what I understood Neo will try to find a match based on your needs but if you don't like the matches it allows you to create a brief. So those matches people talked about might be from Neo, who knows. 

I am curious, how do we know that Neo sent a buyer to us? Are we notified, as sellers, in any way?

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I am curious, how do we know that Neo sent a buyer to us? Are we notified, as sellers, in any way?

That's why I asked if Neo had been rolled out yet. We don't know where buyer briefs are coming from.

• Like 17

20 hours ago, bethanyvo said:

@smashradioYes- but can non pro branded gigs offered from a pro branded seller appear in the pro catalog at an under $100 price point? I didn't see that explained in the info and for the last few weeks, newly pro branded sellers WITHOUT pro branded gigs above $100 were appearing on Fiverr business as "pro verified".  I wondered if this would remain the same or change to ONLY +$100 gigs able to appear on Fiverr Pro.

From what I understand, gigs won't get the "Pro" badge unless they're 100+. But sellers can still be pro verified on their profile and sell cheaper gigs, but it won't show up on their gigs. 

So I'm not sure why this is happening. 

Edit: Never mind. I didn't see your response from your SM. Helpful. Thanks!

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 19

37 minutes ago, terrygrantvo said:

What happened to all the threads about NEO? They've all vanished.

I posted my thread before I spotted the announcement which included NEO, so I messaged the mods that they could delete it if they wanted, since it was not really necessary. They did, and I guess the other one as well.

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, vickieito said:

A buyer can set up their own certification process, so they can now certify their sellers, too.

Interesting. Thanks Vickie. Any idea what that would look like? Say a seller getss certified by a buyer - will they get some kind of badge on their profile? What will indicate the certification? If the buyer were to completely control that process, "certified" could have many wildly different variations. I suspect that's not what they intend.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

Interesting. Thanks Vickie. Any idea what that would look like? Say a seller getss certified by a buyer - will they get some kind of badge on their profile? What will indicate the certification? If the buyer were to completely control that process, "certified" could have many wildly different variations. I suspect that's not what they intend.

Correction: It's actually not a Buyer-certified process, but a Partner-certified process.

It looks like businesses can apply to become a partner. Once accepted, they can create their own marketplace for connecting buyers with sellers - just like having your own personal Fiverr Business catalog of sellers. As part of that marketplace, you get to set up your own certification badges (either created by you or Fiverr).

So you could create a Dan H. Marketplace with certifications for copywriters, technical writers, content writers, etc. You would then drive targeted clientele to this marketplace using your own methods and you can certify Fiverr sellers to get showcased there.

At least that's what it looks like from here:

https://www.fiverr.com/certified

• Like 17

53 minutes ago, vickieito said:

At least that's what it looks like from here:

https://www.fiverr.com/certified

Thanks so much, Vickie! You gave me the perspective I needed on this function. I think I saw that page, but there were so many things announced I didn't really digest what was going on with this one. This is VERY interesting. It could be one of the most intriguing ways to bring us new business that they announced. I'll be watching this one!

• Like 17

Hi,

I would like to get some information regarding the new Fiverr Pro. Since I am a Fiverr Seller so it is showing  'Migrate your Fiverr Account to Fiverr Pro' if you want to get into Fiverr Pro. I want to know will this effect existing ranking and seller level if I migrate my Fiverr seller account to Fiverr Pro?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I liked the branding in Fiverr's new updates Like Fiverr NEO. But I love the concept of Fiverr Certified as it'll help the industry leaders to stand out. And they have changed the coloring of Pro Sellers to blue, looks awesome but one thing I found out is that when searching, for the sellers who are not Pro verified, their Level doesn't appear when we open up their gigs in the new Tab, maybe they are working on it too 🤔

Though Fiverr NEO is a feature specifically made to help buyers connect to the right sellers, in my opinion, it is an upgradation of the brief future. Let's hope it'll benefit us all as we know not many sellers were getting the benefit of briefs. 

• Like 16

On 8/1/2023 at 6:57 PM, smashradio said:

The new chatbot could be a game changer for finding the right talent

Exactly, as after the "Buyer Requests" feature, briefs have not been very useful for both the buyers and the sellers, maybe the algorithm was not smart enough to match the right sellers to buyers. Indeed, it'll be a game changer, but I'm sure it'll take time to learn as it is AI

Edited by farhan_editz
grammar and vocabulary mistake
  • Like 17