Jump to content

Fiverr is updating Buyer requests


frank_d

Recommended Posts

This topic is to help limit the number of posts that ask “where are my buyer requests?” in full-on panic mode.

Fiverr is now pausing buyer requests on the app and I think on the desktop version as well as they will be replacing this feature with a new version soon.

They finished testing the feature yesterday and it should start rolling out soon.

I don’t know how the new feature will work but based on a test message I received it’s similar to “brief and match” only Fiverr will somehow help “certify” the requests one gets.

Maybe they will break this into seller plus members and non-members. (So only members get those “certified” requests)

We’ll soon find out!

  • Like 134
  • Up 22
  • Thanks 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI @frank_d, you might want to pin your post.

Members are already posting on the forum about this. This one was posted 8 hours ago by a new seller (there were at least a few other posts already asking why they can't see buyer requests):

It appears that Fiverr is rolling this program out a little at a time, since it is already affecting some sellers. However, it hasn't affected me yet. I still have access to the old Buyer Request on the mobile app and desktop (both as a buyer and seller). I'm also on Seller Plus, so it'll be interesting to see if Fiverr does offer certified requests to those on Seller Plus.

I sure hope the new Buyer Request gets rid of all the spammy requests! I am staring at 583 requests right now, most of them are spam or sellers inappropriately advertising their gigs there.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 63
  • Up 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2022 at 8:31 AM, vickieito said:

HI @frank_d, you might want to pin your post.

I don’t think pinning this would help as the majority of this forum doesn’t read anything, they will go ahead and post their rants. 🙂

Here’s a sneak peek:

C801385D-5A0C-42AD-91DF-9AEE46C24EB1.jpeg

  • Like 61
  • Haha 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, frank_d said:

This topic is to help limit the number of posts that ask “where are my buyer requests?” in full-on panic mode.

Fiverr is now pausing buyer requests on the app and I think on the desktop version as well as they will be replacing this feature with a new version soon.

They finished testing the feature yesterday and it should start rolling out soon.

I don’t know how the new feature will work but based on a test message I received it’s similar to “brief and match” only Fiverr will somehow help “certify” the requests one gets.

Maybe they will break this into seller plus members and non-members. (So only members get those “certified” requests)

We’ll soon find out!

 

 

Fiverr should ban spam buyer request too It will be more helpful for sellers to find authentic buyers. Thanks

  • Like 54
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2022 at 6:44 AM, djwaruna said:
On 7/9/2022 at 2:12 AM, frank_d said:

So only members get those “certified” requests

☹️ but non seller plus members

Sounds fair to me. If you want access to the vetted good stuff, invest in your business. 

  • Like 42
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, yannisenglish said:

A step in the right direction. However, if this is anything like Briefs then it will likely not be useful for sellers who only work within the bounds of certain niches.

The team behind briefs learned their lesson the hard way. 🙂 

I have high hopes that this new feature focuses on match making and does not end up as another race to the bottom marathon.

  • Like 37
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm thankful for fiverr, if spam requests get filtered automatically.

But also concerned about seller plus procedure. Will certified requests be displayed to only seller plus members ?

If that's so then, I fear competition of talent and experience will change into talent vs money race.

I mean like a certified buyer gets request only from a Seller Plus (investor), not necessary a talented freelancer.

Also it will become more hard for new sellers (having no income = no investment).

  • Like 35
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I'm a new seller. I just joined fiverr some days ago and now going through this discussion on this forum.

As regards the buyer request, how will a new seller stand the chance to earn when Certified buyer requests are shown to Sellerplus members?... Not even level 1, not even level 2, not even top rated.

Currently, I'm a new seller here, but professional and experienced in my field. But how do a new seller stand the chance to earn before he/she can be able to invest on his/her fiverr account when the competition changes its bearing?

Pls kindly help shed more light on this

  • Like 34
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 4:41 PM, sammysolutionsz said:

Currently, I'm a new seller here, but professional and experienced in my field. But how do a new seller stand the chance to earn before he/she can be able to invest on his/her fiverr account when the competition changes its bearing?

You should not be expecting all of your orders to come from Buyer Requests. If you do not have access to BR, or there are none that you can respond to, think like a businessman, and find other creative (non-spam) ways to connect to your target customers. There are no easy ways to build a seller reputation.

  • Like 36
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 11:41 PM, sammysolutionsz said:

But how do a new seller stand the chance to earn

By having gigs that buyers want to buy. Many sellers never even look at buyer requests. Buyers come to them.

The main idea behind Fiverr isn't to bid on jobs; that's what's done on other freelancing platforms. On Fiverr, the idea is that the buyer uses the search to find the gig they like, and buy it.

  • Like 36
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello good people,

As we all know that buyer request is updating.So as a new seller I am facing problem a bit to get sufficient good amount of buyer request.This reason I am unable to send my daily targeted send offer with buyer request.But I hope fiverr already noticed that all buyer request are not legit.So they want changes about buyer request system.I hope something will be next.We can able to good buyers and work smoothly.

What is your think about this buyer request update? Share your taughts!

Thank you

 

  • Like 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2022 at 7:40 AM, jonbaas said:

You should not be expecting all of your orders to come from Buyer Requests. If you do not have access to BR, or there are none that you can respond to, think like a businessman, and find other creative (non-spam) ways to connect to your target customers. There are no easy ways to build a seller reputation.

Could you least few of the ways sir

I'll love to hear sir

  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mayor_sales001 said:

Could you least few of the ways sir

I'm not going to do your work for you. Research your market; understand your target customers -- know what they need, and how you can fulfil those needs; and find creative ways to connect to YOUR target market. 

  • Like 35
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...