Fiverr is updating Buyer requests

frank_d

On 7/23/2022 at 8:13 PM, jonbaas said:

Alright, then perhaps you can tell me: what "quality ways to promote [your] services" have you tried?

Once again, as I keep telling certain sellers on this forum, promoting your gigs off-site DOES NOT increase impressions. Impressions are an on-site metric, and are only gained when buyers search for gigs like yours, in the Fiverr search system, and your gig(s) appear in the results.

But how does one promote gigs on Fiverr when they always lock gigs for promotion? Sometimes it's hard to understand this algorithm. It has become so confusing recently. 

• Like 18
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, ken87ken said:

But you said promoting elsewhere does not result in increased metrics?

I'm going to add to what @jonbaassaid:

Which number matters to you more? The number of people seeing your service, or the number of people of people buying your service? Fiverr only tracks the internal numbers.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/73962-impressions-arent-all-that-important-heres-why/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/104668-marketing-yourself-just-do-it-heres-how-upyour/

• Like 16
  • Up 2

On 8/6/2022 at 4:16 PM, jonbaas said:

It doesn't. But it could bring in new customers. You're looking for targeted customers, right?

Yes, looking for targeted customers

On 8/7/2022 at 8:32 AM, imagination7413 said:

Which number matters to you more? The number of people seeing your service, or the number of people of people buying your service? Fiverr only tracks the internal numbers.

All the numbers matter because the more they see, the more the odds of making a sale increase.

• Like 15

On 7/9/2022 at 8:12 AM, frank_d said:

This topic is to help limit the number of posts that ask “where are my buyer requests?” in full-on panic mode.

Fiverr is now pausing buyer requests on the app and I think on the desktop version as well as they will be replacing this feature with a new version soon.

They finished testing the feature yesterday and it should start rolling out soon.

I don’t know how the new feature will work but based on a test message I received it’s similar to “brief and match” only Fiverr will somehow help “certify” the requests one gets.

Maybe they will break this into seller plus members and non-members. (So only members get those “certified” requests)

We’ll soon find out!

Hmm , also about buyer request , I think the time Which it dropped do changeabd get updated occasionally

• Like 10

On 8/10/2022 at 10:09 AM, sunnymich said:

Please my buyer request is showing makeover every time and am not allowed to send buyer request on iPhone 

please what can I do about that??

Yeah iphone users do get such hassles atimes.. but I think it'll be normal afterwards

• Like 11

On 7/23/2022 at 11:57 PM, alifshah01 said:

Fiverr is updating buyer requests . 

On 7/9/2022 at 11:42 AM, frank_d said:

This topic is to help limit the number of posts that ask “where are my buyer requests?” in full-on panic mode.

Fiverr is now pausing buyer requests on the app and I think on the desktop version as well as they will be replacing this feature with a new version soon.

They finished testing the feature yesterday and it should start rolling out soon.

I don’t know how the new feature will work but based on a test message I received it’s similar to “brief and match” only Fiverr will somehow help “certify” the requests one gets.

Maybe they will break this into seller plus members and non-members. (So only members get those “certified” requests)

We’ll soon find out!

On 7/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, frank_d said:

I don’t think pinning this would help as the majority of this forum doesn’t read anything, they will go ahead and post their rants. 🙂

Here’s a sneak peek:

C801385D-5A0C-42AD-91DF-9AEE46C24EB1.jpeg

thank you, it explained many things, really appreciate this.

i was worry about the order completion that lowered my rank. but now I'm happy to know there is a bigger picture to it.

also I'm worried now that Fiverr becomes another freelancer.com by knowing from a look at buyers requests, they really want to pay even lower than what a seller will try to sell her/his service, it will put a real pressure on the seller, (I'm an architect here)

• Like 11

On 8/14/2022 at 12:23 PM, julianaoldor said:

Yeah iphone users do get such hassles atimes.. but I think it'll be normal afterwards

We’ll soon find out!

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

well

10 hours ago, dhaka029 said:

I feel that now a days buyer request is too low, as a new seller without buyer request how can we survive ?

in my case buyer's request in architecture and interior design has a big problem.

More than 2 months ago when ever you open the buyer's request there were plenty of requests, but now after new changes there are nothing but spams and scams.

we can do nothing but wait

• Like 10
  • Up 1

This is the most asked question from beginner sellers. The answer to this question is conditional and complex. It depends upon your targeted clients, their region, and your availability. Once you understand the time difference and office hours of each region, you will be able to calculate the best time for buyer requests.

Although there is no time limit for this, more clients are posting buyer requests during peak hours. For example, if you are from a South Asian country and looking for US clients, the best time to check buyer requests commences around 7 PM and continues till midnight.

• Like 11

On 8/4/2022 at 8:38 PM, lei_ghton said:

I wasn’t being inconsiderate in the first place. I never demanded a reply - so the patronizing tone was completely uncalled for. I joined the forum to find an answer to whatever is happening with the buyer requests, and I have tried every way to become a ‘more successful seller’ and it has never worked. Buyer requests are the only way I can get clients. Don’t assume you know everything about a person based on their ‘forum personality’ lmfao. Your tone was unnecessary. Bye. 

Amongst the many many many posts I saw about people REPEATEDLY asking a question that already had an answer, yours was the worst. You were given an answer, you rejected it. 

You said you came here SEARCHING for an answer but you didn't take the time to go back a page or two and check what answers have been given. I don't like people who do what you did. Don't give "smart" replies and put in "lol" or "lmao". This isn't highschool. 

I'm so disappointed. I forgot how much forums annoyed me until I read this topic. 

On 7/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, frank_d said:

doesn’t read anything, they will go ahead and post their rants.

I just found this out the hard way 😂 It's so surprising 

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 1:12 PM, frank_d said:

We’ll soon find out!

Fiverr should ban spam buyer request too It will be more helpful for sellers to find authentic buyers. Thanks

• Like 9