Fiverr is updating Buyer requests

frank_d

On 7/18/2022 at 9:37 PM, sanaaliabbasi said:

In this situation, What will new sellers do? How will they be able to get the buyer's request or How can they make a start of their freelancing career on Fiverr???

The answer is easy to explain but challenging to execute.

Like with all meaningful things in life, freelancing on any platform, including Fiverr, takes time, effort, planning, thinking, adjusting, and perseverance.

You need to start with a tough question: Do I have a marketable skill? In other words, do you have a skill that other people need?

I will guess the answer to that is yes.

Now, the next set of questions is even harder:

• Are my skills also offered by other people?
  • Are there too many people offering this skill?
  • Is my skill in high demand from a large number of people or does it target a very small and specific group?

The majority of skills on Fiverr are currently covered by a large number of other Sellers. However, this does not mean you cannot start gigs here.

You just have to narrow it down and make it more specific.

Let's say for example that you're a translator. Most translation Sellers are willing to translate all kinds of texts.

You can't possibly hope to reach a lot of people if you do what everyone else is doing. So, your option is to get more specific:

• Specialize in translating contracts
  • Specialize in localizing websites/games/movies/etc.
  • Specialize in translating emails and other communications
  • If you have other skills, you can specialize in translating less common document types. For example, if you know how to use InDesign, you can translate brochures and other marketing materials

The above is the first step. Your next step is to decide on a couple of gigs, set them up on Fiverr, make sure your descriptions and offerings are clear, then wait and see how it goes. If you see that you're finding some success in the first few months, then you may have a winner. If not, then try something different.

Good luck.

Edit: Also, I need to make something else very clear. A marketable skill is something you can do and have experience doing. I see a lot of people trying to use AI tools to make gigs so that they can make easy money. Doing this is not a skill. In fact, I will go as far as to say it's a scam. You may make some money at first but when Buyers realize what you are doing, they will never come back to you.

Edited by yannisenglish
  • Like 42
  • Up 11
  • Thanks 1

I wish this forum has something like reddit's gilding. I'd gild that post.
Another "vector" of getting specific/specializing that I'd like to suggest to research reviews of competitor services for the purpose of finding trends of problems. Create a solution to a common problem and make that solution part of the headline. Revise and advertise an improved process. Like, if an artist mentions they're going to have a preliminary sketch draft step, I'm more likely to use that artist because I know I'm not going to get a finished-but-wrong delivery at the deadline. Almost no one who does it mentions it. I fluke into it. Probably a lot of really professional people don't realize that a lot of parts of their professional process are differentiators on their own.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

On 7/18/2022 at 9:23 PM, vickiespencer said:

This is why many new sellers fail. They do not want to do the challenging work of researching for themselves.

This sounds like an insult but whatever you say is okay by me. Thanks very much but remember you start from somewhere sir 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, mayor_sales001 said:

Thanks very much but remember you start from somewhere

We all started from somewhere. The long-term-sustainably successful ones are the ones who did, and continue to do, the research.

(Also, I can see @vickiespencer is typing, and I'm sure she is about to reprimand you for calling her a 'sir'. Making an assumption like that, in a professional business environment, is insulting.)

• Like 30
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, mayor_sales001 said:

This sounds like an insult

It is not an insult but an observation I have made from my years participating in the Fiverr Forum. A lot of new sellers ask how to be successful on Fiverr. When an experienced seller tells them what they need to do, these new Fiverr sellers want that person to hold their hands and give them all the answers. Before I retired, I was a teacher, and I know people do not learn by having others do for them what they need to learn to do for themselves.

remember you start from somewhere

When I was a new seller, I worked my tail off to build my brand and business, and I still do, as it is an ongoing process. If we do not upgrade our profiles and gigs, they will stagnate.

sir 

I am a lady, not a sir. 😉

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 24
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 5

On 7/18/2022 at 6:23 PM, vickiespencer said:

This is why many new sellers fail. They do not want to do the challenging work of researching for themselves. 🙄

If they don't have a pitch to play or to proof their selves, how they can accept the challenges when there is no ground?  Everyone needs a platform to show their expertise. If they can not have any access to send their offer to buyers, nor buyers will contact them so ultimately new talent will be dishearten, more important it will affect Fiverr's position in the market because new changes won't be made and will become a platform where just old sellers will rule, such as pro, level one and two. 

• Like 26

6 minutes ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

Everyone needs a platform to show their expertise.

That is the purpose of branding yourself and having excellent gigs.

7 minutes ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

If they can not have any access to send their offer to buyers

Fiverr is changing Buyer Requests, and for now, Fiverr is beta testing them with a small group. It does not appear they will be removed.

9 minutes ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

so ultimately new talent will be dishearten,

I understand, but for now all you can do is wait.

11 minutes ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

platform where just old sellers will rule, such as pro, level one and two. 

A majority of sellers never use buyer requests because there are not any good jobs there. When I have looked it is full of sellers spamming and ridiculous offer where the buyer wants the sun and the moon for $5.

13 minutes ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

more important it will affect Fiverr's position in the market

I strongly doubt that.

• Like 26

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

A majority of sellers never use buyer requests because there are not any good jobs there. When I have looked it is full of sellers spamming and ridiculous offer where the buyer wants the sun and the moon for $5.

Yes, This is true, sellers must have report option there. 

• Like 26

On 7/15/2022 at 11:41 PM, sammysolutionsz said:

Hello, I'm a new seller. I just joined fiverr some days ago and now going through this discussion on this forum.

As regards the buyer request, how will a new seller stand the chance to earn when Certified buyer requests are shown to Sellerplus members?... Not even level 1, not even level 2, not even top rated.

Currently, I'm a new seller here, but professional and experienced in my field. But how do a new seller stand the chance to earn before he/she can be able to invest on his/her fiverr account when the competition changes its bearing?

Pls kindly help shed more light on this

This is a good question. I will follow to see responses.

• Like 26

On 7/21/2022 at 7:11 AM, sanaaliabbasi said:

Fiverr's position in the market because new changes won't be made and will become a platform where just old sellers will rule, such as pro, level one and two. 

We can not say anything until they implement it in the new update. Maybe it's good for new sellers.

• Like 27

On 7/17/2022 at 7:40 AM, jonbaas said:

You should not be expecting all of your orders to come from Buyer Requests. If you do not have access to BR, or there are none that you can respond to, think like a businessman, and find other creative (non-spam) ways to connect to your target customers. There are no easy ways to build a seller reputation.

Thanks, I appreciate this. But I've been working on this. I've been working on quality ways to promote my services without spam of just traffic. But suddenly, my new fiverr gigs that were active and performing well in impression just dropped down within 24 hours (the 3 gigs). This kept me disturbed for a while now...

Pls can you advice on what to do?

• Like 26

4 hours ago, sammysolutionsz said:

I've been working on quality ways to promote my services without spam of just traffic.

Alright, then perhaps you can tell me: what "quality ways to promote [your] services" have you tried?

4 hours ago, sammysolutionsz said:

But suddenly, my new fiverr gigs that were active and performing well in impression just dropped down within 24 hours (the 3 gigs).

Once again, as I keep telling certain sellers on this forum, promoting your gigs off-site DOES NOT increase impressions. Impressions are an on-site metric, and are only gained when buyers search for gigs like yours, in the Fiverr search system, and your gig(s) appear in the results.

• Like 26

Hi, the buyer request is not showing and the option to view isn’t available as it says that it’s currently getting a makeover and it has being like this for the past few weeks have also cleared the cache from my device and everything but still no progress. Kindly view the attached file and let me know if you had this issue or are still facing it on your device. If resolved then please help me in getting it resolved. 
Thank you

CE46A369-86A6-458F-8C5A-5D091F20E8CC.thumb.jpeg.641bf595a0f8abd1e49bca97b4e2aab1.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, roshanay_naeem said:

Hi, the buyer request is not showing and the option to view isn’t available as it says that it’s currently getting a makeover and it has being like this for the past few weeks have also cleared the cache from my device and everything but still no progress. Kindly view the attached file and let me know if you had this issue or are still facing it on your device. If resolved then please help me in getting it resolved. 
Thank you

Seriously? The buyer request feature is, as that notification states, "getting a makeover". Buyer requests will not be available until the makeover is complete. Please be patient. You do not need access to this feature in order to be successful here on Fiverr.

• Like 17
  • Up 2

32 minutes ago, roshanay_naeem said:

I am in touch with the fiverr support they are looking into the issue and making it work.

Nothing is broken, so nothing needs to be fixed. Fiverr is upgrading the buyer request feature. Please be patient, and await the completion of their upgrade.

• Like 17

On 7/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, jonbaas said:

Alright, then perhaps you can tell me: what "quality ways to promote [your] services" have you tried?

On 7/23/2022 at 2:40 PM, sammysolutionsz said:

I do write promotional content to offer value to people, then in the concluding part, I always have a CTA to direct them to my fiverr gig. I do this and share on some social media platforms. I don't just post it on profile, but I join groups and communities of audience who possibly can need the service.

• Like 24