Fiverr is updating Buyer requests

frank_d

8 minutes ago, catwriter said:

They did? I still see them.

They are getting there it seems.

A large segment of the sellers no longer has access to them.

They are still there, but a buyer on Reddit says that part of the UI has disappeared suddenly.

I was frankly surprised to still see BR listed in the new Dashboard menu.

They are probably deprecating the feature gradually. And since the briefs feature is currently not working as expected, I can see them taking longer to figure this part of the marketplace out.

• Like 13

20 hours ago, farrukhmaqsood1 said:

buyer request was good because new sellers can easily get orders by staying online and waiting for buyer request but buyer brief is not helping me didnot get a single brief 

Based on your profile, you are a level 2 seller. At this point, even without BR/briefs you should be getting a decent amount of orders if you're doing everything right. 

That being said, I understand the frustration, but BR was not OK in many ways. It was full of spam, scam, and sellers trying to advertise themselves. Sure, it's great for new sellers to have a chance, but I'm sure there will be something. However, Fiverr IS starting to 'weed out' the bad ones - which means that eventually only sellers who are capable will stay on the site. I assume this will change things a bit as buyers will only have 'good' people to choose from (so maybe briefs will come to new sellers who pass the 'test'?

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

I have been glad enough to go through all the comments regarding the updates of the buyer requests on the Fiverr. Too many spams and too many fakes.  Hope we are fed up with spams. The platform is initiating the updates. Hope they will surely think and rethink about all sellers including newbies experienced in their respective fields. And even, they will consider the buyers side, too. Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Up 2

13 hours ago, katakatica said:

Based on your profile, you are a level 2 seller. At this point, even without BR/briefs you should be getting a decent amount of orders if you're doing everything right. 

That being said, I understand the frustration, but BR was not OK in many ways. It was full of spam, scam, and sellers trying to advertise themselves. Sure, it's great for new sellers to have a chance, but I'm sure there will be something. However, Fiverr IS starting to 'weed out' the bad ones - which means that eventually only sellers who are capable will stay on the site. I assume this will change things a bit as buyers will only have 'good' people to choose from (so maybe briefs will come to new sellers who pass the 'test'?

no mostly i get orders from buyer request and i have 2,3 permanent clients. i donot know why my gigs donot rank .ranking is major issue of my account. what you suggest ? should i make a new account?

• Like 8

On 9/20/2022 at 9:16 AM, frank_d said:

They are getting there it seems.

A large segment of the sellers no longer has access to them.

They are still there, but a buyer on Reddit says that part of the UI has disappeared suddenly.

I was frankly surprised to still see BR listed in the new Dashboard menu.

They are probably deprecating the feature gradually. And since the briefs feature is currently not working as expected, I can see them taking longer to figure this part of the marketplace out.

i donot think so its good for new sellers

• Like 8

On 9/25/2022 at 10:47 PM, farrukhmaqsood1 said:

only top rated seller who already have good amount of order are getting briefs currently

I'm a Level 2 Seller, just like you are and I get 3-5 relevant briefs a day. I don't make offers on most of them because I get a lot of orders from organic searches. However, whenever my organic search slow down, I make offers on the briefs and usually get orders that way.

31 minutes ago, farrukhmaqsood1 said:

should i make a new account?

Do you really want to start over again? You have 156 reviews. It's not easy to get that far. Especially if you have gotten most of your orders through Buyer Request. That would take a very long time.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:56 PM, farrukhmaqsood1 said:

buyer request was good because new sellers can easily get orders by staying online and waiting for buyer request

I'm afraid buyer requests are training new sellers to think that because they are "busy" they are working hard. "Staying online and waiting for buyer requests" is not how you should be spending your time. The fact that you can't "rank" only confirms that. If you are building your business the correct way, you will get better visibility in search, as @katakatica said.

42 minutes ago, farrukhmaqsood1 said:

what you suggest ?

Focus on your customers and tailor your gigs to speak to them. The better you can connect with your target buyers, the higher chances you'll have of getting orders and being visible in search. You might also want to change your forum picture.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

As we know that there has been an update where Fiverr decided to eliminate Buyers Request altogether and replace it with the "Get Briefs". Recently, I've been receiving some matching briefs consisting of rather odd descriptions. Do new sellers seriously try to promote themselves using this feature now or am I just misunderstanding the briefs they sent? Is it possible that some buyers are clueless how this feature works?

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

Edited by kevindwren
Typo
  • Like 11

• kevindwren changed the title to A new way to misuse/abuse the Get Briefs feature?
26 minutes ago, kevindwren said:

As we know that there has been an update where Fiverr decided to eliminate Buyers Request altogether and replace it with the "Get Briefs". Recently, I've been receiving some matching briefs consisting of rather odd descriptions. Do new sellers seriously try to promote themselves using this feature now or am I just misunderstanding the briefs they sent? Is it possible that some buyers are clueless how this feature works?

They're not clueless. They are just hoping to use it like the Buyer Requests (which won't work). Report them immediately as "Suspected spam/Buyer not credible." These sellers won't be around for long. I'm also happy that we can report a buyer for not being credible. This will solve two of the biggest problems that we saw with the Buyer Requests.

image.thumb.png.85ae208564d90d68fc245196126a93f6.png

• Like 13

1 hour ago, mateusbl said:

@vickieito @kevindwren Yes at least we can report. My doubt is who has access to the briefs, sellers of all levels? or has some criterion?

That's the BIG question right now. This is a smart matching algorithm much like Fiverr's search. I know it's pulling data about sellers that will be used to create matches. So seller performance will matter. Gig title and tags will matter in that it'll help determine your relevancy. Levels might matter if that aspect of Buyer Request is retained, where certain numbers from each level are allowed to bid on a project. But all of this is speculation on my part. I'm also very curious to see how this will affect all sellers on all levels.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

I'm a Level 2 Seller, just like you are and I get 3-5 relevant briefs a day. I don't make offers on most of them because I get a lot of orders from organic searches. However, whenever my organic search slow down, I make offers on the briefs and usually get orders that way.

Do you really want to start over again? You have 156 reviews. It's not easy to get that far. Especially if you have gotten most of your orders through Buyer Request. That would take a very long time.

I'm afraid buyer requests are training new sellers to think that because they are "busy" they are working hard. "Staying online and waiting for buyer requests" is not how you should be spending your time. The fact that you can't "rank" only confirms that. If you are building your business the correct way, you will get better visibility in search, as @katakatica said.

Focus on your customers and tailor your gigs to speak to them. The better you can connect with your target buyers, the higher chances you'll have of getting orders and being visible in search. You might also want to change your forum picture.

that is obvious reason that my gigs are not rank and i have to rely on buyer briefs. can you help me and give me suggestions or tips for improving my gigs so that they will show up in searches. when  i search my gig keywords mostly my gig ranked on last pages and after getting 4 5 orders in a month impressions and click does not change only getting 10 15 impressions in a day from past 10 months

• Like 9

11 hours ago, farrukhmaqsood1 said:

no mostly i get orders from buyer request and i have 2,3 permanent clients. i donot know why my gigs donot rank .ranking is major issue of my account. what you suggest ? should i make a new account?

I wouldn't start anew, but I'd try to see what might be the issue. Just from a quick look at your profile, the main issue for me is that what you offer, well, thousands (if not more) of others offer the exact same things. At level 2, you should ideally have enough talent to stick out - either by being the absolute best or having unique gigs (at least that's what I think.) 

You will probably still get briefs (they were introduced when I was TRS so I'm not sure how often) but I'd do research on what you could do to be more unique and how to be better than your competition. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, farrukhmaqsood1 said:

that is obvious reason that my gigs are not rank and i have to rely on buyer briefs. can you help me and give me suggestions or tips for improving my gigs so that they will show up in searches. when  i search my gig keywords mostly my gig ranked on last pages and after getting 4 5 orders in a month impressions and click does not change only getting 10 15 impressions in a day from past 10 months

HI @farrukhmaqsood1 - you can start with the advice that I gave you previously (see below). This requires research on your part. A bit of experimenting to see what works (and what doesn't). It isn't something that will change overnight, and the work is ongoing. I'm still studying my customers to see how I can offer better services to them.

Focus on your customers and tailor your gigs to speak to them. The better you can connect with your target buyers, the higher chances you'll have of getting orders and being visible in search. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

That's the BIG question right now.

For what I see in the Help Center:
https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4415601609361-Get-matched-with-buyers

(FAQ item 1) "The sellers can use both Buyer Request and Briefs." The point is when you post a Request you go to Briefs creation, so how the buyer will create the Buyer Request post? For what I saw they will not be merged.

(FAQ item 3) "Fiverr uses a wide range of quality criteria that are taken into consideration to determine seller eligibility." So new sellers will not receive Briefs? They will be using the buyer request?

There's some points not clearly enough.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mateusbl said:

For what I see in the Help Center:
https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4415601609361-Get-matched-with-buyers

(FAQ item 1) "The sellers can use both Buyer Request and Briefs." The point is when you post a Request you go to Briefs creation, so how the buyer will create the Buyer Request post? For what I saw they will not be merged.

(FAQ item 3) "Fiverr uses a wide range of quality criteria that are taken into consideration to determine seller eligibility." So new sellers will not receive Briefs? They will be using the buyer request?

There's some points not clearly enough.

As it's a new feature I expect even Fiverr isn't 100% sure where this is going to go.

I expect new sellers will receive briefs, and also expect pricing will be a key factor in matching. Low budget buyers are the perfect match for new sellers with highly competitive pricing.

• Like 8