Should you ask for a review after the delivery?

gajuseidi

• 3 months later...

i think we always respect to the buyers reactions and if he/ she not want to leave a review i'm not going to force him, also some clients always wants to hide the identity of the seller due to lot of reasons, any way it is better to respect their rights

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, javedaslam said:

Deliver exceptional work that exceeds your client's expectations. A satisfied client is more likely to leave a positive review voluntarily.

Yes i'm also thinks that  1000% satisfied buyers automatically leave a reviews. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gayanchamira said:

any way it is better to respect their rights

My Seller Plus Success Manager from Fiverr told me that reviews are important espeically if you are dealing with bad private reviews and want to repair things. So politely asking for a review can help, especially in a situation like that. I don't like asking people for a review, I don't want to force them. But if you are professional, polite and don't force them to rate a certain way.. it's fine. It will help you recover if you had bad reviews, private or public.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gayanchamira said:

Yes i'm also thinks that  1000% satisfied buyers automatically leave a reviews. 

Repeat buyers and happy buyers rarely if at all leave reviews. I've been here on the platform for over 9 years, and happy buyers or repeat buyers rarely leave reviews for me. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I just had a Zoom meeting with my Success Manager.

She said Seller can ask Buyer to provide Seller a honest review. CM even encourage me to ask every Buyer if they didn't leave any feedback.

BUT NEVER ask to leave "GOOD review / 5 STAR rating ". It counts as review manipulation.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ridwansugi said:

BUT NEVER ask to leave "GOOD review / 5 STAR rating ". It counts as review manipulation.

Exactly. The problem is that MOST people ask for the review they want. THAT is against the rules. Asking for an honest, unbiased review is ok. But that can also backfire so.. everyone can choose whether they want to ask for a review or not.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a buyer who is from time to time asked for a review: please do not ask.   I have not yet retaliated by a bad review but for sure I have never given a review higher than my honest opinion.   The next one who asks will probably get a worse review!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, will998 said:

As a buyer who is from time to time asked for a review: please do not ask.   I have not yet retaliated by a bad review but for sure I have never given a review higher than my honest opinion.   The next one who asks will probably get a worse review!

Agree.  It makes the seller appear as desperate, and I could absolutely see giving someone a 1 star review for spam if they were to ask. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 12:15 AM, donnovan86 said:

My Seller Plus Success Manager from Fiverr told me that reviews are important espeically if you are dealing with bad private reviews and want to repair things.

My SPSM told me to ask my buyers to fill out the two private surveys that Fiverr sends, as it has the most impact on your profile. Yes, even more than the public reviews.  Of course, I would only do this with regular buyers whom I trust not to retaliate by filling out the survey in a less-than-good way. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

While it's not recommended to directly ask for reviews, in my experience, if you genuinely believe it could improve things, you can politely request feedback from your clients. Consider saying something like, "Thank you for reaching out! If you're open to it, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about your experience. If you have a moment, would you mind sharing your thoughts at the order panel? Your feedback helps me enhance my services." This approach allows clients to provide feedback voluntarily without feeling pressured, and it's perfectly fine if some choose not to leave a review.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maheennadeem814 said:

While it's not recommended to directly ask for reviews, in my experience, if you genuinely believe it could improve things, you can politely request feedback from your clients.

That is all well and good, but when a buyer fills out the two private surveys positively, the surveys have a more significant effect on your account and visibility on Fiverr than the public reviews. I would forgo a public review in favor of a positive private review. 

• Like 10
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

My success manager told me that you can gently nudge a buyer to leave a review or answer Fiverr surveys in your delivery message. What you can't do, is ask them to leave a specific review or a positive rating. Under no circumstance can you attempt to influence the review itself, but there's nothing wrong with a gentle nudge in your delivery message, letting the buyer know that you appreciate the feedback. 

• Like 12
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I've read too many stories here on the forum about asking for reviews, even when it is done correctly. So, since Fiverr reminds Buyers, I just go with that in my delivery. "Thanks again for your purchase, you should receive an Email from Fiverr concerning the next steps." 

Unless the messages Fiverr sends out have changed much from (again) what I've read here on the forums, the emails cover reviews, feedback, order appoval and autocomplete, revisions (sigh, but necessary), and tipping (wish they'd reword that one).

• Like 9
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, gajuseidi said:

I've seen some discussion about this topic and I'm curious. Should you ask your client to leave a review after the delivery? Is it worth subtly mentioning that their feedback would be helpful? I've seen people saying that one should not mention reviews or feedback in their messages as it might trigger a warning and I've seen people suggesting otherwise. I'm leaning towards not mentioning it, but I am curious what are your thoughts.

I'm a buyer, and I don't see anything wrong with a seller messaging me a few days later to see if I'm still satisfied with the work and if I mind leaving a review. Because Fiverr already asks and reminds sellers to leave reviews, I'd recommend waiting maybe two days.

I appreciate it when buyers provide more personal information, such as stating that not all buyers leave reviews, despite the fact that leaving a review has an impact on a seller's ranking on Fiverr.  This actually motivates me to feel the need to help out.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Perhaps during your gig promotion you can mention that there are options for reviews and ratings. I have experienced myself from someone that asked me for a review that it was actually nice. I have taken the time to write a very informative extended review that have given him more clients and success over multiple years. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2