Should you ask for a review after the delivery?

gajuseidi

We are allowed to ask buyers to leave a review but, we are not allowed to ask for a specific kind of review. That is against the ToS.

For example, you can say “leave a review” but you cannot say “leave me a good review, a horrible review, an excellent review” etc.

Personally, I have a quick message for deliveries that I customize each time.

I include the wording “please leave a review” in there.

Hope this helps!

PS. Those people may be indeed leaving you a review/rating. There is a private review screen before the actual public review.

It is a question that asks buyers how satisfied they were about the order.

There is also another private survey that comes 24 hours after order completion.

So, you never know!

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 23
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, sunboatrecords said:

We are allowed to ask buyers to leave a review but, we are not allowed to ask for a specific kind of review. That is against the ToS.

For example, you can say “leave a review” but you cannot say “leave me a good review, a horrible review, an excellent review” etc.

Personally, I have a quick message for deliveries that I customize each time.

I include the wording “please leave a review” in there.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your answer! 🙂

I do not ask for specific reviews, just reviews.

Maybe I need to try more often.

• Like 22
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

You are welcome! I added a “PS” to my answer, check that as well. 🙂

Ah okay, I did not know that there is a "hidden rating", and I've been with Fiverr for a very long time. 😅

I just looked at the Fiverr Analytics page and it said that only 58 % of buyers are rating my work. 😔

• Like 17
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stefficolbert said:

Ah okay, I did not know that there is a "hidden rating", and I've been with Fiverr for a very long time. 😅

I just looked at the Fiverr Analytics page and it said that only 58 % of buyers are rating my work. 😔

58% is a bit low. I am standing at 74%, and I had quite a few indifferent buyers during the holiday season.

Yes, there are private reviews. The second private review weighs the heaviest.

I see that you are a very experienced seller. You must have been delivering exceptional customer care for all these years.

Otherwise, you would have found out the importance of private reviews.

We all have a secret, buyer satisfaction rating. If it falls under a certain level, the algorithm throws you to the dogs.

You get almost 0 visibility, and you lose the ability to promote your gigs until these stats roll off.

• Like 14
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

Personally I do not ask for specific review(such as good review) , but when I deliver my final delivery I always add ⬇️

"If everything is satisfactory, please remember to leave a review. 

Great working with you, thank you! Hope we work again soon. :D".

If they don't leave a review, I just leave it and move on to the next project. 🙂

• Like 17
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ubun97 said:

If everything is satisfactory, please remember to leave a review. 

I would re-write this!

“I hope that you are satisfied with my work. If you require any changes, send me a message.

Also, please leave a review! It helps a lot”.

Your wording sounded a bit biased. I would avoid that just for peace of mind!

• Like 18
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sunboatrecords said:

58% is a bit low. I am standing at 74%, and I had quite a few indifferent buyers during the holiday season.

Yes, there are private reviews. The second private review weighs the heaviest.

I see that you are a very experienced seller. You must have been delivering exceptional customer care for all these years.

Otherwise, you would have found out the importance of private reviews.

We all have a secret, buyer satisfaction rating. If it falls under a certain level, the algorithm throws you to the dogs.

You get almost 0 visibility, and you lose the ability to promote your gigs until these stats roll off.

Yes, it is very low.

I have one client who orders about 3 times per week but NEVER writes a review. That is about 150 orders per year that aren't rated - just by 1 client. He doesn't even say anything at all really, just sends the file and accepts my offers, that's it... 

But he isn't the only one. Most of my repeat buyers don't rate anymore.

But I guess I have been doing good because my visibility is pretty good I think.

• Like 14
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stefficolbert said:

I seem to have quite a few lazy buyers who do not like leaving reviews.

This is unfortunate because a few of them order multiple time per week.

I know that seems unfair. But think about your average week. Hit Starbucks several times, buy something at Target, get batteries at Home Depot, and a couple lunches at Whole Foods. You now have 8-10 receipts, each begging you to go online and complete a survey telling them how they did. No one bothers with this as it wastes the buyers time, and is only handy if one wants to complain.  I'm amazed that the Fiverr buyers do it as much as they do, I'm around 65%.  And as you regular buyers keep coming back, they get used to you and don't feel the need to keep reviewing.  The real reward is that they keep giving you money. 

• Like 15
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I know that seems unfair. But think about your average week. Hit Starbucks several times, buy something at Target, get batteries at Home Depot, and a couple lunches at Whole Foods. You now have 8-10 receipts, each begging you to go online and complete a survey telling them how they did. No one bothers with this as it wastes the buyers time, and is only handy if one wants to complain.  I'm amazed that the Fiverr buyers do it as much as they do, I'm around 65%.  And as you regular buyers keep coming back, they get used to you and don't feel the need to keep reviewing.  The real reward is that they keep giving you money. 

I totally get your point, I don't leave that many ratings either, and I am thankful for their business. I just wish I would get a review once in a while.🙂

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, stefficolbert said:

seem to have quite a few lazy buyers who do not like leaving reviews.

Laziness is not always why buyers do not leave reviews. Frequently they do not want others to know who they are buying from and what they are buying. 

Several buyers do not leave reviews, but they come to my inbox to thank me. I know they are happy because they also leave tips. 

It does not bother me if they do not leave a public review, but I hope they leave great private reviews!  

• Like 13
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:00 AM, stefficolbert said:

I do not ask for specific reviews, just reviews.

Maybe I need to try more often.

You could annoy your buyers by doing that.

Fiverr already asks them to leave a review. Twice. Plus for the hidden feedback. Imagine what it feels like for someone who buys a lot and gets spammed with notifications about reviews...and now imagine what would it feel like to get yet another request for review, this time from the seller.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, catwriter said:

You could annoy your buyers by doing that.

Fiverr already asks them to leave a review. Twice. Plus for the hidden feedback. Imagine what it feels like for someone who buys a lot and gets spammed with notifications about reviews...and now imagine what would it feel like to get yet another request for review, this time from the seller.

True, I had added a little phrase with the delivery ("It would be great if you could leave a rating"). And once I asked him whether he could leave one.

I would never spam anyone about it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, newsmike said:

I always love reading your views, Mike.

This time, I think that the parallel is a bit weak because, as you wrote, an offline client has to go online. This means that they have to put up with some inconvenience. In our case, the review process is much more convenient for buyers as the medium stays the same. The buyer faces the review prompts automatically.

A good analogy for offline stores would be, if they had review screens at the counter. Which I have actually seen. Here in Europe, there is a huge manufacturer of furniture called Jysk. I noticed that they have review machines at the stores' exits.

I agree with everything else that you wrote!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

I always love reading your views, Mike.

This time, I think that the parallel is a bit weak because, as you wrote, an offline client has to go online. This means that they have to put up with some inconvenience. In our case, the review process is much more convenient for buyers as the medium stays the same. The buyer faces the review prompts automatically.

A good analogy for offline stores would be, if they had review screens at the counter. Which I have actually seen. Here in Europe, there is a huge manufacturer of furniture called Jysk. I noticed that they have review machines at the stores' exits.

I agree with everything else that you wrote!

Good point. Funny thing is I can't remember the last time I gave an Amazon product a review unless I was unhappy. We should be glad for the buyers here who take the time to review. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I think that if you are more communicative like you update the buyers about the progress of your work frequently, then they will feel like leaving a review for you. This is what I have noticed with my clients. The ones with whom I chat more, usually they are the ones who leave reviews.

Hope this will help.

• Like 12
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, noirparliament_ said:

I think that if you are more communicative like you update the buyers about the progress of your work frequently, then they will feel like leaving a review for you. This is what I have noticed with my clients. The ones with whom I chat more, usually they are the ones who leave reviews.

Hope this will help. De

I also do that a lot because of the nature of my work and 80% of them left reviews. The ones who didn't tend to be those whose orders marked as completed automatically. 

I would recommend not asking directly for reviews when delivering because Fiverr notifies them enough times. Also it could happen some buyers are not satisfied and won't tell you until you see a less than 5 stars review. My first buyer seemed satisfied in the comment he left but he still rated 4 stars...

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, yeah usually if I keep in touch through out the order and make sure they are happy with the work, they are more likely to leave a review.  I also let my clients know how much it would mean to me if they left a review. It's not a guarantee, but it's worth the effort to try and increase the chances of receiving a review.

I wish you all the best.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Don't. Wow your customers with your quality and good service, and they'll leave reviews. If they aren't wowed, you don't want them to leave a review anyway. One glowing review because they couldn't wait to tell others how great you were is worth way more than a boring one you had to ask for.

• Like 10
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

I always consider reaching out to customers and asking them for a review. While it may feel weird at first, it is important to remember that you are simply asking for feedback on how you can improve your products or services. I understand your frustration with lazy buyers who do not leave reviews. It can be disheartening to see repeat customers not take the time to give feedback on your products or services. I also have 50% rated orders 😶 Ask them a few times and then move on to the next project. 😊

Edited by maheennadeem814
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1