TRS Tells Us To Always Be Available (Even At Night)

krheate

I attended a Fiverr event called "Speaker Series: Supercharged Selling Tips & Tricks from a Top Rated Seller". It was hosted by a TRS who is actively selling on Fiverr. Here's one of his slides from the presentation:

image.thumb.png.5c774046b7b46feb22720483feaa3c31.png

He also talked about how we have to always be ready to respond immediately, or we'll lose clients. On the Forum, we always talk about how staying online 24/7 won't help with sales, but then stuff like this comes up...

And I'm surprised to be hearing this from a TRS!

28 minutes ago, wp_kid said:

I don't see any robotic/fake action. I see dedication.

However, stuff like this could cause more and more of those posts that say to be online for 17 hours, etc.

And waking up in the middle of night is not healthy!

It's just a thought (I'm not saying that the TRS seller is bad, because he clearly has results 😄)...

"Out-hustle?"

Not a big fan of that sort of language. May be reminiscent of being stuck in the rat race of a regular job trying to position oneself for promotion. 🧀 🐀

You not succeeding? You aren't trying hard enough! Just do it! Make your dreams come true!image.png.436148ca8091ee98f4e36102ccddc6a2.png

I get the approach the speaker was going for, true enough, just as like it is in life in general. If you want something, go hard on it.

But I think the mistake of the people saying to stay online always (as this tip is usually the response given to people who ask how to get order, increase impressions), in so far as how I would take it is to actively be online and patiently await that pink dot and message sound comes up out of nowhere. Maybe if they explained a little more that its to respond as soon as you can that would make sense.

But even with that said, I think the priority before anything should be making a gig, profile, and offer that is enticing to buyers in the first place -- before considering how often to stay online. This is to increase efficiency (the gig description is clear and the buyer can purchase directly) or to be interesting enough to get an actual inquiry.

It would be disheartening for people (who are the ones told to stay online always) to patiently wait online not knowing they don't fall short in the patience of getting an order but the other elements to getting one (a well-made gig).

3 minutes ago, maitasun said:

Depriving yourself from good sleep is the best, easiest and quickest way to end up sick... 🙄

No money is worth having your health compromised. 😉

I couldn't agree more! I see how the TRS is trying to show his dedication, but in my opinion, it's not worth waking up in the middle of the night and always trying to be available.

27 minutes ago, krheate said:

It was hosted by a TRS who is actively selling on Fiverr. Here's one of his slides from the presentation:

I too attended a webinar given by another TRS. I expected to be wowed, but I was not. 🙄 The presenter gave advice that is easily accessible on the main Fiverr site. The problem is very few of those who need to use it do, so perhaps the content would be useful to those people. 

14 minutes ago, krheate said:

However, stuff like this could cause more and more of those posts that say to be online for 17 hours, etc.

Staying on line while you are awake is one thing, but being on line 24/7 is just nuts 🥜 crazy! 😳 I get on my computer at about 7 am and log off at about 9 pm and get a good nights sleep. I could not be coherent to interact with buyers any other way.  

23 minutes ago, enunciator said:

And for ****'s sake, is there a way to resize attached images?!

Yes! I just discovered it! When you see the copy of your image that is below your text, click on it and you will read to hold down the command key and right click to get the option you need to resize the image! 

1 minute ago, krheate said:

I couldn't agree more! I see how the TRS is trying to show his dedication, but in my opinion, it's not worth waking up in the middle of the night and always trying to be available.

This isn't the seller showing dedication. This is the seller showing ignorance and being dumb.

People think that by doing so they're being smart and that it will never affect their health. Just sit and wait to see how it ends. 

3 minutes ago, theratypist said:

But I think the mistake of the people saying to stay online always (as this tip is usually the response given to people who ask how to get order, increase impressions), in so far as how I would take it is to actively be online and patiently await that pink dot and message sound comes up out of nowhere. Maybe if they explained a little more that its to respond as soon as you can that would make sense.

Exactly! You need you respond as soon as you're available, meaning it doesn't have to be immediately. 

3 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I too attended a webinar given by another TRS. I expected to be wowed, but I was not. 🙄 The presenter gave advice that is easily accessible on the main Fiverr site.

Yeah, I noticed this too. He mostly talked about having good descriptions and good thumbnails. The only thing he mentioned that I never heard before was that giving freebies along with your delivery can help with returning buyers.

6 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Staying on line while you are awake is one thing, but being on line 24/7 is just ~~nuts~~ crazy! 😳 I get on my computer at about 7 am and log off at about 9 pm and get a good nights sleep. I could not be coherent to interact with buyers any other way.  

Yes! Same! I can't be online all day because well, I don't want to be working all day and all night, and I have things to take care outside of Fiverr 😄

1 minute ago, krheate said:

Yeah, I noticed this too. He mostly talked about having good descriptions and good thumbnails. The only thing he mentioned that I never heard before was that giving freebies along with your delivery can help with returning buyers.

Aye, if it's not @frank_d I am not watching! Hahaha. All hail mastaaah frank!

I have a window open all day on the Mac but I'm not always at my desk and when I'm asleep, I'm asleep. I'm not getting up because I hear a message come in. If it can't wait until the morning then, as far as I'm concerned, those aren't the kind of clients I want toward with.

10 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Yes! I just discovered it! When you see the copy of your image that is below your text, click on it and you will read to hold down the command key and right click to get the option you need to resize the image! 

Awesome! Thank you Vickie!

Don't care. The response rate doesn't go down if you receive the message before you come online, and when you're in "night mode" especially.

Buyers better be aware of the existence of time zones. And if I lose a sale because I don't reply back when I'm sleeping, it's not like I'd ever want to work with someone so impatient...

12 minutes ago, mattboa said:

Buyers better be aware of the existence of time zones. And if I lose a sale because I don't reply back when I'm sleeping, it's not like I'd ever want to work with someone so impatient...

Exactly! 👏

Also, it is better to outsmart your competition rather than outhustle them.

1 hour ago, vibronx said:

Also, it is better to outsmart your competition rather than outhustle them.

Well said! 😄

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

I am very curious to find out who this TRS was.

I don't want to publicly share who the user was, so I'll send you a PM with his name (since you're interested).

50 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Yep, it was this event!

I watched the start of the webinar, good I didn't watch to the end then and can continue to sleep to rain sounds or music instead of laptop fan white noise and jolting beeps. But I don't doubt that many sellers who watched and saw the inspirational monthly earnings screenshot think it's worth to spend their nights on stand-by. However, as someone said above, be careful, you might find out the hard way just how much more important health is than money. 

I must say I'm surprised about the statement from the screenshot in the opening post, though, with the kind of earnings he has, it's no surprise that he'd run a 24/7 shop but I'd have thought he could easily pay someone to not sleep in peace in his stead. 

Archived