Longest personal order droughts 🏜️

enunciator

Just was curious as to what are other sellers’ longest order droughts/dry spells, if you are willing to divulge!

I know there are some sellers who are extremely image-conscious and want to convey the depiction of being the conductor of an unstoppable bullet train of business success, but reality (for most of us) consists of quiet spells that run for a bit too long. ☀️

Looking through my business spreadsheets, my longest order drought was 17 days. It also happened to be the same month that I became a Level Two seller, so go figure. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Just was curious as to what are other sellers’ longest order droughts/dry spells, if you are willing to divulge!

I know there are some sellers who are extremely image-conscious and want to convey the depiction of being the conductor of an unstoppable bullet train of business success, but reality (for most of us) consists of quiet spells that run for a bit too long. ☀️

Looking through my business spreadsheets, my longest order drought was 17 days. It also happened to be the same month that I became a Level Two seller, so go figure. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Looking through my business spreadsheets, my longest order drought was 17 days.

You are way more organized than I am. But going from memory maybe 3 or 4 days?

I do not like the gaps in income! 😩

Looking through my business spreadsheets, my longest order drought was 17 days.

You are way more organized than I am. But going from memory maybe 3 or 4 days?

I do not like the gaps in income! 😩

The spreadsheets definitely help with taxes, but also give me hard data more directly than Fiverr’s analytics page.

(The analytics page graph still confuses the heck out of me.) 😅

Mine was exactly 14 days back in July just after my best-ever month. That actually coincides with when I started posting on the forum and started being targeted by spammers… I didn’t even get any messages (aside from spam messages). Nothing.

I have to admit that I became quite worried. But, I took action - I reduced my prices by 60% for a week and marketed it as a “Summer Sale” via my thumbnail. I suddenly got a lot of orders and a few reviews. So, I raised my prices back to the previous level again, and everything was back to normal!

Mine was exactly 14 days back in July just after my best-ever month. That actually coincides with when I started posting on the forum and started being targeted by spammers… I didn’t even get any messages (aside from spam messages). Nothing.

I have to admit that I became quite worried. But, I took action - I reduced my prices by 60% for a week and marketed it as a “Summer Sale” via my thumbnail. I suddenly got a lot of orders and a few reviews. So, I raised my prices back to the previous level again, and everything was back to normal!

Do you think the increase in spam was directly caused by becoming involved in the forum or was just a coincidence?

(I think I already know the answer.) :thinking:

Great job revitalizing your gigs during a slowdown!

Do you think the increase in spam was directly caused by becoming involved in the forum or was just a coincidence?

Great job revitalizing your gigs during a slowdown!

Do you think the increase in spam was directly caused by becoming involved in the forum or was a coincidence?

I think you do, too. 😂

With the number of posts I made back then, I think the probability is very high! Also, translators seem to be targeted more than other categories from what I have read here!

Just was curious as to what are other sellers’ longest order droughts/dry spells

Back in March, I had no orders for 8 days, but I think that was when I went OOO (I’m not really sure).

Other than that, I had a few times where I had no orders for 4 days.

The funny thing is, right when I think I’m about to go into a drought, one of my old customers contacts me or places an order!

But, I took action - I reduced my prices by 60% for a week and marketed it as a “Summer Sale” via my thumbnail.

That’s a smart strategy! When I first joined Fiverr, my thumbnails were awful, so I edited them to look better, and suddenly I was getting more impressions, clicks, and orders.

I can’t really say in days, I don’t monitor that, for me, it’s usually “Oh, great, I cleared my queue, yay, I might get some time off and do other stuff”, then, once I’ve taken a breather, or two, and actually feel like starting doing other stuff, or have just started, it’s “Oh, darn, orders keep coming, sorry, other stuff, next time” 😅

I use out-of-office mode quite often, and there can be a lull of a few days
(apart from the spammers, of course … I guess they don’t help things; while my conversion of actual leads is pretty high, I’d say, it’s a bit frustrating to look at a conversion rate of, for example, 0.03% …)
but sometimes, I get a new order or two again right away, as well.

Regular buyers help with low drought times, and sometimes I also have really long gigs, like 30 days, or even longer since Fiverr changed the max duration to 90 days, so there’s pretty much always something to do until it gets (too) busy again.

One weird thing is that, just like spammers and new messages/orders/people, regular buyers sometimes also seem to be gone with the wind all at once, or show up in droves, maybe that just tells you that life is uncertain and full of coincidences and that we see patterns where none are, I don’t know.

The longest drought I can put a time stamp on might have been back when I edited my main gig and didn’t know it hadn’t gone back into search … finally, it seemed so quiet that I really wondered what was up, and checked. I contacted support, like the page where you can check if your gigs are live, told me to, and they nudged it back into existence. Something like 7-10 days, I think.

For me, it took over a year for me to get my first order.

A year later I was getting 35-40 orders a month, often several on the same day.

Then things started to slow down.

I don’t go too long without work here now, but normally see 3 or 4 jobs a month.

I’m my full-time freelancing career, where Fiverr is just a part-time source of income for me, I get orders weekly without fail.

Currently, I am going into the 20th day without a new order. I think this is the longest drought period for me here on Fiverr.

I definitely know that feeling.

Having droughts in VO orders eventually made me decide to diversify my service offerings and branch into videos as well. I’m glad I did, as I now receive more video orders than VO orders, which I thankfully still get occasionally.

The voice over category has seen a lot of expansion in the number of sellers over the year, so there’s more sellers contesting over the relatively same sized piece of the pie.

I think mine was 17 days too? If you don’t obviously count the initial days where you get nothing or barely anything.

I cancelled an order, got demoted, went OoO and this is my best month ever both by number of sales and revenue, go figure.

Just a few hours (and not sure how many more) starting a few hours back 🌵 panics

This is my fourth month on Fiverr.

Maybe I will use this time to add more gigs that don’t sell.

Wait, your longest order drought is a few hours?

That would mean you are in near constant demand. A happy problem to a number of people, or a stressful pileup to others.

Wait, your longest order drought is a few hours?

That would mean you are in near constant demand. A happy problem to a number of people, or a stressful pileup to others.

your longest order drought is a few hours?

For now. I don’t remember sleeping through the night since I began selling.

It is both! I think I will begin thinking “I need a break”… That is exactly when a message comes in.

your longest order drought is a few hours?

For now. I don’t remember sleeping through the night since I began selling.

It is both! I think I will begin thinking “I need a break”… That is exactly when a message comes in.

Maybe try raising your prices instead of creating more gigs then.

If you’re in such demand that you don’t get enough sleep because of it, you might get fewer orders with higher prices but have the same money and more sleep in the end, or even more.

If it won’t work, you still can lower your prices again, and at least got a break out of it.

My longest droughts was this month. All buyer like suddenly disappeared, no new buyer, no enquiries, I almost forgot I’m selling on the platform.

I think this happen to my gig due to I have 1 cancelled order in March.
Yesterday I finally on-boarded become a fiverr PRO and today I finally receive a new order with the new price. Finally broke an egg this month, even I’m a TRS.

Hope things will get back to normal in the coming days.
I don’t see this related to fiverr 3.0
I experienced what the post suggested and still same, no improvement.

Good luck to us.

Maybe try raising your prices instead of creating more gigs then.

If you’re in such demand that you don’t get enough sleep because of it, you might get fewer orders with higher prices but have the same money and more sleep in the end, or even more.

If it won’t work, you still can lower your prices again, and at least got a break out of it.

Thank you, I will consider increasing after Level II maybe.

The nights may continue as my toddler is asleep then 😌

I received an order a while back so the longest is almost 24 hours (for now)

Archived