Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

Guest gownix123

I read like 2 stories about people who also dissapire from search engine but after a few months like 4 they were back on the 1st page its weird!

Yeahhhh. This is what I find too. It seems totally random a lot of the time. I’ve been shoved to the last page randomly along with my competitors a bunch of times. Then replaced with people who have terrible reviews. And I mean terrible. One time they had less than 4.9. It makes no sense as my replacements on the search rankings would have barley ANY orders in the que due to the bad reviews. So like fiverr would’ve been losing money. Why would they do this :s

I would’ve thought that it would be a matter of how much money you bring into the site but obviously not.

U are lucky that u at least found yourself 🙂 Its really weird becasue i cant find my gig in the any of the pages even the last one but i can find my gig in ''Local sellers" and ‘‘online’’ ??

I just got my first order in 3 months, I finished ahead of schedule but now I’m more confused than ever:

• It is from a Gig that I had never got an order from before
  • It is a Gig that I haven’t edited since launching it last year
  • It is a Gig that has over 100 impressions/6 clicks over 30 days
  • My main (most successful) Gig is still getting less than 30 impressions/clicks over 30 days…

:woman_shrugging:

• Like 38

I just got my first order in 3 months, I finished ahead of schedule but now I’m more confused than ever:

• It is from a Gig that I had never got an order from before
  • It is a Gig that I haven’t edited since launching it last year
  • It is a Gig that has over 100 impressions/6 clicks over 30 days
  • My main (most successful) Gig is still getting less than 30 impressions/clicks over 30 days…

:woman_shrugging:

This always amuses me - gigs that shouldn’t get an order get one.

My explanation for it is that there is a search term that gig ranks for which is very unusual and someone searched for it. It could be anything and not even very related to the gig.

• Like 35

This always amuses me - gigs that shouldn’t get an order get one.

My explanation for it is that there is a search term that gig ranks for which is very unusual and someone searched for it. It could be anything and not even very related to the gig.

That makes sense and makes absolutely no sense at the same time hahaha…

• Like 31

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it’s happened again and I don’t even know what to do anymore… I’m in the exact same place as I was three months ago; I’ve had no work for a whole month, even though I finished my last job ahead of schedule and got a good review for it.

Now all of my impressions/clicks are down even though I’ve been online most of the day fairly consistantly.

• Like 38
  • Sad 1

Well, it’s happened again and I don’t even know what to do anymore… I’m in the exact same place as I was three months ago; I’ve had no work for a whole month, even though I finished my last job ahead of schedule and got a good review for it.

Now all of my impressions/clicks are down even though I’ve been online most of the day fairly consistantly.

The marketplace has changed drastically since I posted this, even though it’s only been a couple of months.

There are a lot more variables now in play, like: sponsored gigs, seller plus program, and a few more that are now being tested and are not yet announced.

The formula keeps getting complicated, but the premise is the same:

It’s all about the right fit, and performance is key.

• Like 38

The marketplace has changed drastically since I posted this, even though it’s only been a couple of months.

There are a lot more variables now in play, like: sponsored gigs, seller plus program, and a few more that are now being tested and are not yet announced.

I’m in the test bunch for the new gallery tags. The webinar on it was interesting- it seems they are giving us the option of condensing our gigs by tagging our variations. Kind of how search works on Amazon.

The example they gave was on an illustration gig. They showed one illustration gig with up to 3 variations (animal/human/etc) with separate tags for each variation.

Then, when buyer is searching for “animal illustration” the gig image that is tagged with that will show for the buyer as the main image.

And the different gig image tagged with “human illustration” will show to a different buyer— but all from the same gig.

It’s kinda exciting! 😊

• Like 30

On 6/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, bethanyvo said:

I’m in the test bunch for the new gallery tags. The webinar on it was interesting- it seems they are giving us the option of condensing our gigs by tagging our variations. Kind of how search works on Amazon.

The example they gave was on an illustration gig. They showed one illustration gig with up to 3 variations (animal/human/etc) with separate tags for each variation.

Then, when buyer is searching for “animal illustration” the gig image that is tagged with that will show for the buyer as the main image.

And the different gig image tagged with “human illustration” will show to a different buyer— but all from the same gig.

It’s kinda exciting! 😊

I worked closely with Roi and he explained how this feature will be expanded and worked on after launch, and I do think that this is an exciting thing for all sellers, as it provided transparency in how matches are made.

I made the official explainer video for this feature. 🙂

I worked closely with Roi and he explained how this feature will be expanded and worked on after launch, and I do think that this is an exciting thing for all sellers, as it provided transparency in how matches are made.

• Like 42

I made the official explainer video for this feature. 🙂

I worked closely with Roi and he explained how this feature will be expanded and worked on after launch, and I do think that this is an exciting thing for all sellers, as it provided transparency in how matches are made.

Nice! Well it looked great and was very clear!

• Like 30

I made the official explainer video for this feature. 🙂

Do you know if there are plans to make it available for all/more categories, or did you mean for all sellers who are in categories that feature was launched for?

• Like 28

Do you know if there are plans to make it available for all/more categories, or did you mean for all sellers who are in categories that feature was launched for?

This is a “system-wide” feature as far as I am aware of, and it drastically changes how matches are made.

So while initially the roll out will be in select categories, this will soon be available to everyone.

Essentially, if you have a tag claiming you do X, and you can also prove it via a sample, the algo will heavily favorite you, over someone who just makes the claim via SEO but hasn’t registered a relevant sample.

And then on top of that, I assume how relevant and of what quality said sample is, will also play a huge part.

• Like 33

That makes complete sense Frank but my most popular gig was very successful and I haven’t got a single order from it in 4 months.

I’m going to resume looking for a “real job”, unfortunatly Fiverr is no longer my prority, I can’t live without regular work/money and it makes no sense for me to stress out over something that is almost completely out of my hands now; I can only try for so long…

• Like 31

This is a “system-wide” feature as far as I am aware of, and it drastically changes how matches are made.

So while initially the roll out will be in select categories, this will soon be available to everyone.

Essentially, if you have a tag claiming you do X, and you can also prove it via a sample, the algo will heavily favorite you, over someone who just makes the claim via SEO but hasn’t registered a relevant sample.

And then on top of that, I assume how relevant and of what quality said sample is, will also play a huge part.

It says:

Gallery tagging is currently available in the following categories:

Graphics & Design

• Illustration
    • Book Design
    • Album Cover Design
    • Social Media Design
    • Presentation Design
    • Flyer Design
    • Architecture & Interior Design > 3D Modeling & Rendering

Music & Audio

• Session Musicians
    • Voice Over

Video & Animation

• Product Photography

The “currently” seems to indicate they might launch it for other categories too, yes, I was just wondering whether some categories might not be considered at all for this, as from the ones listed so far, it might perhaps be limited to “visuals” and music/VO. I’m hoping not, because it would be beneficial in other categories as well. Well, wait and see, I guess. But thanks for the reply, it definitely makes sense if there’s some “verification” to check claim/sample.

• Like 30

It says:

Gallery tagging is currently available in the following categories:

Graphics & Design

• Illustration
    • Book Design
    • Album Cover Design
    • Social Media Design
    • Presentation Design
    • Flyer Design
    • Architecture & Interior Design > 3D Modeling & Rendering

Music & Audio

• Session Musicians
    • Voice Over

Video & Animation

• Product Photography

The “currently” seems to indicate they might launch it for other categories too, yes, I was just wondering whether some categories might not be considered at all for this, as from the ones listed so far, it might perhaps be limited to “visuals” and music/VO. I’m hoping not, because it would be beneficial in other categories as well. Well, wait and see, I guess. But thanks for the reply, it definitely makes sense if there’s some “verification” to check claim/sample.

No I don’t think there are categories that are NOT being considered at all.

It will be harder to implement on some categories but Fiverr wants this across the board.

• Like 28

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

I really like the new features that are being added and the visual aspect of the forum is beautiful.

Unfortunately I am at the opposite side of the spectrum. I like the gamification aspect, but for me the forum is harder to browse now, and I am not as enticed to visit it often (as I was before). I am sure it's just me (or a few of us), and I understand you can't please everyone.  I'll keep using the forum, but not as much as I used to, that's for sure. 

• Like 37

Maybe it's because you got used to the old design. I used to not be very active in the forum because its interface seemed somewhat difficult to me, everything very accumulated and now the design looks cleaner and it is easier to navigate within the forum but in short, each one with their preferences. Greetings! 🙂

• Like 33

8 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Desafortunadamente, estoy en el lado opuesto del espectro. Me gusta el aspecto de la gamificación, pero para mí el foro es más difícil de navegar ahora, y no me atrae tanto visitarlo a menudo (como antes). Estoy seguro de que soy solo yo (o algunos de nosotros), y entiendo que no puedes complacer a todos. Seguiré usando el foro, pero no tanto como solía hacerlo, eso es seguro. 

And I think that the loading speed is very important too, it is another element that I consider favorable of this new interface.

• Like 32

6 hours ago, maezma85 said:

I really like the new features that are being added and the visual aspect of the forum is beautiful.

If you take a look at the first post and the discussion that followed, you will see that this topic isn't about the new forum at all.

I understand why you made the mistake, though; a couple of users felt the need to post completely unnecessary thank yous on a topic that was sitting idle for the last 4 weeks, so, without checking the first post or what's this all about, you thought it was about the forum.

Perhaps now you see why all those "thank you for your amazing tips" comments are a problem? 🙂

• Like 32
  • Haha 3

Great information! As a new fiverr seller, this article really helps put things into perspective. While it's not possible to always perform at a 110% we can still try to improve efficiently if we know where to look. Thanks a lot!

• Like 49
  • Up 1

Very useful information and i can feel how much dedicated you were to research about this. Thank you. I kinda feel updated! I hope this will help newbie like us. If it helps, i am coming back with a big THANKS again!! Anyway, thank you so much already.

• Like 44
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done with Fiverr (for now), I'm starting a new job soon and I don't want to stress about this stupid website.

I'll miss the Fiverr community, I've learned so much from all of your but Fiverr is unfair, bias and constantly penalises sellers. Goodbye for now 👋

• Like 43
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1