Time to say goodbye

antomtjvc

I am at a point where it does make no sense to be active on the forum.

Simple Answers where deleted because other users feel they are inappropriate. It has became a special place for snowflakes and mek sells.

Nearly no value. The same questions everyday.

Good Bye.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry to see you leave. Although I did not get to interact with you much as I just started posting regularly on the forum, I could see from your posts that you are definitely a very knowledgeable person.

I definitely agree that too many posts get marked as inappropriate. Completely harmless posts that would never get deleted on any other site are deleted here. I guess that is what you get when flags can automatically hide content.

Personally, as I love free speech, I only flag posts that are spam. If I find something offensive, I would rather discuss it, rather than hide the content. Most of us are adults here, right?

I totally agree.
I know let’s call it “editorial team” not going to like it but I don’t like the direction forum is moving.

Even fiverr event was all about tolerance to all new members no matter what.

We were asked a question few months back on what we would like to change and it seems that fiverr decided to take totally opposite direction and tolerate everything even if new sellers break their own forum rules, duplicate topics, don’t use search button etc.
(And I do want to stress it that it is written in forum rules that

1. All new topics should be meaningful
  2. Members should not create duplicated topics
  3. Members should use the search button first.
    So I totally don’t understand how the decisions made to flag post that direct people to use search button, why all the posts with “how to get sell” are not removed right away as it’s neither meaningful not original and have been asked many times which counts as Duplicated topics. 🤯

Guest edvector

I am at a point where it does make no sense to be active on the forum.

Simple Answers where deleted because other users feel they are inappropriate. It has became a special place for snowflakes and mek sells.

Nearly no value. The same questions everyday.

Good Bye.

The same questions everyday.

I’m new here and enjoying what others do in here, I learn more and practice what they said to be a better seller on Fiverr.

I totally agree.

I know let’s call it “editorial team” not going to like it but I don’t like the direction forum is moving.

We were asked a question few months back on what we would like to change and it seems that fiverr decided to take totally opposite direction and tolerate everything even if new sellers break their own forum rules, duplicate topics, don’t use search button etc.

So I totally don’t understand how the decisions made to flag post that direct people to use search button, why all the posts with “how to get sell” are not removed right away as it’s neither meaningful not original and have been asked many times which counts as Duplicated topics. 🤯

“how to get sell”

Couldn’t you just mute My Fiverr Gigs and Improve my Gig so that you don’t see these kinds of threads anymore? I know it’s not ideal but at least to me it gets rid off a lot of what I would consider spamming.

“how to get sell”

Couldn’t you just mute My Fiverr Gigs and Improve my Gig so that you don’t see these kinds of threads anymore? I know it’s not ideal but at least to me it gets rid off a lot of what I would consider spamming.

My Fiverr Gigs and Improve my Gig so that you don’t see these kinds of threads anymore?

I do have them muted. But 90% of the time they post their repeating questions not in those two categories.

But it’s basically “let me close my eyes on the problem” instead of solving the problem. That approach never brought anything positive.

Posts that direct them to use search button Should not be flagged when other people breaking forum rules and we just go “just close our eyes” and pretend that it’s ok.

I’ve told that to myself several times, but eventually, I always ended up reading, then liking posts, and finally posting again. I kind of keep reading even in phases when I don’t make the time to post, since Fiverr doesn’t send out emails but you learn new stuff rather on the forum and might miss something important, and also because, while the forum could certainly do without some kinds of posts and flags, there are interesting topics, posts, and people I always like to read from, I’d hate to miss news about Cy’s Chico, for example 😉

When I read while logged in, with some categories muted, and just ignoring the ever-repeating questions, it’s … well, still bad, but not that bad ? lol. And I’ve gotten some flags I really didn’t agree with, too, but, well.

I understand it in any case, but don’t forget the probably biggest advantage of the Fiverr forum (apart from the chance of learning things like that there’ll be a scheduled maintenance right when you were planning to deliver a gig) is that nobody else than fellow Fiverr sellers get, or entertainingly write about, their/your struggles 😉 and can commiserate with you, or laugh with you about things, or you with them.

The community needs everyone who doesn’t just post the same questions every day. If everyone who posts more interesting things just erschrocken_smilie_0032.gif.87391623122e38a291b6d024fe2b3623.gif … then, well, meksell central.

Good luck and goodbye, if your decision is made, I’m sure you can use the time for good stuff, but I hope I’ll see you again eventually.

Guest humanissocial

I totally agree.

Yep. That’s why I’m not here as much. We’re supposed to be cordial to people who use the forum to commit fraud and further worsen Fiverr’s reputation as spammers. I don’t blame the moderators. They can only do what they are told to do. But it is disappointing nonetheless.

And Fiver wonders why this company has such a bad reputation. People who speak out against what is wrong are ignored or even silenced. I’ve sent Tweets, DMs and CS messages about spam and about how confused people are about the lack of communication from Fiverr.

It’s always either crickets or someone who doesn’t understand and justifies the spam

Watch. This will get flagged.

Yep. That’s why I’m not here as much. We’re supposed to be cordial to people who use the forum to commit fraud and further worsen Fiverr’s reputation as spammers. I don’t blame the moderators. They can only do what they are told to do. But it is disappointing nonetheless.

And Fiver wonders why this company has such a bad reputation. People who speak out against what is wrong are ignored or even silenced. I’ve sent Tweets, DMs and CS messages about spam and about how confused people are about the lack of communication from Fiverr.

It’s always either crickets or someone who doesn’t understand and justifies the spam

Yup - flagged it with a heart … ❤️

Guest humanissocial

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been flagged for condemning fraud, spam and laziness. I’m supposed to be rosy to these people who are only here to take advantage and make all legit sellers look bad.

It’s been so bad lately I’ve been practicing my curtsey.

Everything has both pros and cons. For myself, I’ve got the pros much. If I weren’t here and read some resourceful threads, I’d have had to get out of this platform. I learnt the latest updates from this forum and beware when I interacted with other stakeholders in this platform. To avoid the new repeated posts, I use to filter from top bar. I just click on the “TOP” button and go through them.
If I had spare time, I used to go through “Latest” button.

I remember trying to bring the spam on their twitter page to their attention and it was ignored. Even when I mentioned how users were spamming other twitter pages that were mentioned in their blog posts. There’s a lot that needs to be changed with the site, forums and blogs; especially blogs when it comes to topics that don’t fit well with the platform.

“how to get sell”

Couldn’t you just mute My Fiverr Gigs and Improve my Gig

I have, that does not work. I flag many, many posts that belong there. 🤐

I do have them muted. But 90% of the time they post their repeating questions,

not in those two categories.

That is my experience. 😕

I’ve told that to myself several times, but eventually, I always ended up reading, then liking posts, and finally posting again.

Me. too! 😖

I’d hate to miss news about Cy’s Chico, for example 😉

Or just Cy’s posts. They are always interesting. I always read posts he is involved in.

❤️

I just click on the “TOP” button and go through them.

Hey, I like that idea! 😍

Well, I suppose it’s goodbye. 😦

I love me some Whitney Huston music. Especially that song.

Couldn’t you just mute My Fiverr Gigs and Improve my Gig

I do have them muted. But 90% of the time they post their repeating questions,

not in those two categories.

That is my experience. 😕

I’ve told that to myself several times, but eventually, I always ended up reading, then liking posts, and finally posting again.

Me. too! 😖

I’d hate to miss news about Cy’s Chico, for example 😉

Or just Cy’s posts. They are always interesting. I always read posts he is involved in.

❤️

I just click on the “TOP” button and go through them.

Hey, I like that idea! 😍

Well, I suppose it’s goodbye. 😦

I love me some Whitney Huston music. Especially that song.

Hey, I like that idea! 😍

Happy to know that Vickie. 😊

I see it’s not, maybe you discovered the antidote to getting posts flagged, perhaps nobody flagged it, because people like being contrarian and proving others wrong? 😉

I used to simply move them where they belong, but then somehow my forum rep took an arrow to the knee and I’m neither considered a regular, nor can help move posts to the correct categories any longer. Seems to be a widespread issue, I don’t see the “regular” line on your profile anymore either.

That wasn’t a good move IMO, pardon the pun; even if we don’t hit some “must post x posts in y time” or whatever forum benchmark, it doesn’t mean we suddenly lost our ability to tell when a post is in the wrong category and where it should go.

Still waiting to see some positive forum changes from all those forum restructuring threads from way back. Maybe now, with analytics back, there’s time for that, and we’ll get some changes that go deeper than blue to green (though I must say, used to the green now, and like it a lot on my phone).

I see it’s not, maybe you discovered the antidote to getting posts flagged, perhaps nobody flagged it, because people like being contrarian and proving others wrong? 😉

I used to simply move them where they belong, but then somehow my forum rep took an arrow to the knee and I’m neither considered a regular, nor can help move posts to the correct categories any longer. Seems to be a widespread issue, I don’t see the “regular” line on your profile anymore either.

That wasn’t a good move IMO, pardon the pun; even if we don’t hit some “must post x posts in y time” or whatever forum benchmark, it doesn’t mean we suddenly lost our ability to tell when a post is in the wrong category and where it should go.

Still waiting to see some positive forum changes from all those forum restructuring threads from way back. Maybe now, with analytics back, there’s time for that, and we’ll get some changes that go deeper than blue to green (though I must say, used to the green now, and like it a lot on my phone).

I used to simply move them where they belong,

Me too, but I lost my regular status also because I am busy taking care of grandchildren due to their summer camp/daycare closing because of the pandemic. :thinking:

Then I got flags for telling some posters to use the 🔍 feature to search for answers to their questions because their question had been asked many times already.

my forum rep took an arrow to the knee

Are there any regulars anymore? :thinking:

Still waiting to see some positive forum changes from all those forum restructuring threads from way back.

You are not the only one. 🤐

Maybe now, with analytics back, there’s time for that, and we’ll get some changes that go deeper

I genuinely hope so.

@antomtjvc, It feels bad, you could have ignored them or just stopped taking part. :thinking:

I think that quitting is the ultimate “stop taking part.”

Archived