Fiverr paid gig Promotion Ads - New Gig Analytics Coming Soon!

muhammadfaheem0

wolfy suggestion is the only logical. One user clicks are counted as one click.

That might be what they do if someone keeps clicking on the same seller’s ad (or ads) but if they click on 1 ad from seller A and then 1 ad from seller B they’ll likely record both clicks and charge both seller A and seller B. So that’s why they’ll still have some limit on ad clicks before probably warning the person clicking (so many seller’s don’t get charged by someone not really interested in the gigs).

They might also warn the person if they kept clicking on the same ad many times in the same day, even if they were only counting it to charge once, they might think it was suspicious activity and that the person was trying to charge the seller for many ad clicks.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might be what they do if someone keeps clicking on the same seller’s ad (or ads) but if they click on 1 ad from seller A and then 1 ad from seller B they’ll likely record both clicks and charge both seller A and seller B. So that’s why they’ll still have some limit on ad clicks before probably warning the person clicking (so many seller’s don’t get charged by someone not really interested in the gigs).

They might also warn the person if they kept clicking on the same ad many times in the same day, even if they were only counting it to charge once, they might think it was suspicious activity and that the person was trying to charge the seller for many ad clicks.

kept clicking on the same ad

And they won’t be able to do this.

There is no way they can legally say you are not allowed to click on ad, as much as you want.

It is an ad.

If someone wants to click on the ad 1000 times it is not his fault that Fiverr is charging someone for the clicks.

" Click fraud is the subject of some controversy and increasing litigation due to the advertising networks being a key beneficiary of the fraud."

Who’s to say they won’t have buyers/sellers dedicated for this purpose themself, to click on ads?

kept clicking on the same ad

And they won’t be able to do this.

There is no way they can legally say you are not allowed to click on ad, as much as you want.

It is an ad.

If someone wants to click on the ad 1000 times it is not his fault that Fiverr is charging someone for the clicks.

" Click fraud is the subject of some controversy and increasing litigation due to the advertising networks being a key beneficiary of the fraud."

Who’s to say they won’t have buyers/sellers dedicated for this purpose themself, to click on ads?

Who’s to say they won’t have buyers/sellers dedicated for this purpose themself, to click on ads

Fiver themselves wouldn’t do that. If they did and it became known they could be accused of defrauding the sellers. So I’m sure they wouldn’t. They’d know it wouldn’t be okay to require people to click on ads (that they have no interest in).

Who’s to say they won’t have buyers/sellers dedicated for this purpose themself, to click on ads

Fiver themselves wouldn’t do that. If they did and it became known they could be accused of defrauding the sellers. So I’m sure they wouldn’t. They’d know it wouldn’t be okay to require people to click on ads (that they have no interest in).

Fiver themselves wouldn’t do that.

You can’t become multi-million company by doing everything to suit customers, you need to bring water to your water mill.

Mathematically, when you keep 80% revenue, 20% is comparatively quite small.

That’s a most lame argument I have seen so far. What do you mean by that? You’re doing the job! someone is charging you 20% not even for once but for each order just because they’ve build this site to give you a platform.

I was reading your arguments but I must say, it feels like you’re doing a paid promotion and nothing else.

No offense of course.

That’s a most lame argument I have seen so far. What do you mean by that? You’re doing the job! someone is charging you 20% not even for once but for each order just because they’ve build this site to give you a platform.

How is that lame? Fiverr is allowed to make revenue on their own site, especially from the people they built the platform to serve. If you want 100% of your revenue, then you would be best going through the many steps to build your own website, service platform, and everything else an independent brand needs to put into place. You agreed to share your revenue with Fiverr when you signed up for your account. Fiverr keeps 20% of every sale, and you keep 80%. That sounds like a fantastic deal.

I was reading your arguments but I must say, it feels like you’re doing a paid promotion and nothing else.

I am neither a “paid promotion”, nor a Fiverr employee. I share my wisdom and opinions for free.

No offense of course.

Of course. Although, I should note, saying something that is intended to offend someone, and then saying, “no offense, of course”, doesn’t take away the offense that was already expressed.

There is always a good and bad to everything.

Every time a change come in, we as a human try to run away from it. We just try not to accept the new change.

But do keep in mind that the new change always brings in new opportunities for a business.

Being a business Fiverr is also trying to make more money out of sellers. now it is our job as a seller to make sure the we use this feature to make more out of the business.

Yes dear, It’s a good update for Level 2 sellers. Like you.

But what will happen with new talented sellers.

How is that lame? Fiverr is allowed to make revenue on their own site, especially from the people they built the platform to serve. If you want 100% of your revenue, then you would be best going through the many steps to build your own website, service platform, and everything else an independent brand needs to put into place. You agreed to share your revenue with Fiverr when you signed up for your account. Fiverr keeps 20% of every sale, and you keep 80%. That sounds like a fantastic deal.

I am neither a “paid promotion”, nor a Fiverr employee. I share my wisdom and opinions for free.

No offense of course.

Of course. Although, I should note, saying something that is intended to offend someone, and then saying, “no offense, of course”, doesn’t take away the offense that was already expressed.

If you want 100% of your revenue,

Who said about getting 100%? Please read your comment again, you said 20% is quite small.

I should note, saying something that is intended to offend someone, and then saying, “no offense, of course”, doesn’t take away the offense that was already expressed.

So you’re passing a judgment here? You share your wisdom for free and I shared mine. I used the word " it feels like".

If you want 100% of your revenue,

Who said about getting 100%? Please read your comment again, you said 20% is quite small.

I should note, saying something that is intended to offend someone, and then saying, “no offense, of course”, doesn’t take away the offense that was already expressed.

So you’re passing a judgment here? You share your wisdom for free and I shared mine. I used the word " it feels like".

@techno_sol: Compared to the 80% you keep, 20% is quite small. Many revenue partner deals are 50-50, or 60-40. Fiverr’s 80-20 is a fantastic deal, especially since Fiverr is entitled to share in the revenue YOUR services earn on THEIR website.

You accepted the 80-20 revenue sharing terms when you signed up for your Fiverr account, so it really doesn’t seem like a valid “it feels like” argument now, when you specifically checked a box at sign-up, explicitly agreeing to the terms of this site.

Thats a great decision by fiverr in this way we will get regular orders 😍

Thats a great decision by fiverr in this way we will get regular orders 😍

Not exactly. You can have people that don’t want to buy and just click to see your service. So you can end up wasting money on ads expecting for customers and you end up with nothing. This type of service is easily prone to abuse, unless Fiverr adds some limits to ensure something like that is not happening. If they don’t and they just allow anyone to click (be it buyers or competitors), it might not be such a good deal. It’s my 2 cents on this, might be completely wrong.

Yes dear, It’s a good update for Level 2 sellers. Like you.

But what will happen with new talented sellers.

To be honest here, as a new seller you only had the option of what Fiverr is giving to you. yes, of course, depending on your title keyword images and all the tips they told you to follow. Even after doing all those you might not be in the ranking, get no order. Because you are no SEO expert, you are not a graphics designer you are not a professional writer and not a marketer either who can do an effective social media marketing to targeted clients and make some sales. I mean after doing everything if there is no sale then its almost like there will be no sale. but now everyone will have an option and a great one. seriously, that can help in making some sales

I have access to this feature.

I was pretty fine without promotion, but decided to give it a try and see what will happen. And, well, nothing happened. All the time I had my best selling gig promoted, I got 0 messages or orders.

Thank you Fiverr for bonus $10, I spent them all, but I am not going to spend my own money for this. In my opinon - not worth it. Comparing to, well, Instagram promotion (very lazy and cheap one, I should say), which gave me quite a lot of new followers and comments, Fiverr one is expensive ($10 were spent in about 36 hours) and ineffective. I know that clicks =/= orders, but I have strong feeling that the gig been shown elsewhere, not for the target audience.

It’s just my experience and my opinion. If somebody finds this helpful - well, that’s good for you, I hope you will take as much from this new feature, as possible.

Thank you Fiverr for bonus $10

Hi,

Did you have to manually redeem the bonus $10 somewhere on the site? or was it automatically redeemed once you started the promotion?

Regards

Thank you Fiverr for bonus $10

Hi,

Did you have to manually redeem the bonus $10 somewhere on the site? or was it automatically redeemed once you started the promotion?

Regards

It was automatically added to my balance and I could use it only for trying the promotion feature.

It was automatically added to my balance and I could use it only for trying the promotion feature.

Hi,

Thank you very much for replying.

Please check the screenshot attached. Do you think the $10 bonus did not get added into my account?

I cannot see any change in my account balance.

promoted-gig-bonus.jpg.ef6d0dbe1a1839ecc46d832662f18806.jpg

Regards

Hi,

Please check the screenshot attached. Do you think the $10 bonus did not get added into my account?

promoted-gig-bonus

Regards

Do you already have the promote function? 😅

I can’t find it anywhere

To be honest here, as a new seller you only had the option of what Fiverr is giving to you. yes, of course, depending on your title keyword images and all the tips they told you to follow. Even after doing all those you might not be in the ranking, get no order. Because you are no SEO expert, you are not a graphics designer you are not a professional writer and not a marketer either who can do an effective social media marketing to targeted clients and make some sales. I mean after doing everything if there is no sale then its almost like there will be no sale. but now everyone will have an option and a great one. seriously, that can help in making some sales

I agree with you, but the bad thing is that People who are not talented and no good skills in their niche will use this option to get their gigs on first page…What will happen with poor, talented no level sellers who are on Fiverr to earn some bucks for their daily life use.

Every update has some good or bad aspects let’s see how Fiverr seller community take this step.

I agree with you, but the bad thing is that People who are not talented and no good skills in their niche will use this option to get their gigs on first page…What will happen with poor, talented no level sellers who are on Fiverr to earn some bucks for their daily life use.

Every update has some good or bad aspects let’s see how Fiverr seller community take this step.

Thanks bro. You are welcome

Hi,

promoted-gig-bonus

Regards

@sandy7452 this is $10 bonus given to you by Fiverr. It won’t be deducted from you Fiverr balance. So use it to promote your best gig and give a boost to your revenue! Good luck!

They just screwed the essence of the site as is. Corporate greed at its best. We want to make a living here. We’re not here to pay for our workplace, or to promote the Gigs. Typical idiots who believe that ads will work. It won’t. Ads doesn’t generate that many sales that would justify its existence. Take a look at Amazon ads where Ads usually have an ACOS of 800-1000% per sales, which means you pay $10 for every $0.8-$1 sale.

P.S.: The limited number of members can keep this feature, but I don’t want it, thank you very much.

Totally agree with you. Corporate greed at its best.

Archived