Fiverr paid gig Promotion Ads - New Gig Analytics Coming Soon!

muhammadfaheem0

Wow! Great feature it will help to grow other gigs and get more orders.

This feature will really works for those who are professional freelancers and adopted fiverr full time like me 🙂

How can you say like that…? If someone paid more than you, their gig will come front than yours…I think it’s not a good updation…!!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bunch of new sellers are gonna have a field-day clicking on those paid ads and wasting the owner’s money.

A measure should be put in place by Fiverr to solve this… I believe they already have a way to solve this.

Skilled people who are doing ok on Fiverr will not wanna pay for this, so probably people who are not so good will pay. I am worried on long run, the credibility and the quality of the platform will be damaged for everyone.

Agreed. That’s why I’m saying that the people that are not doing so good on Fiverr will pay while those that can’t afford won’t get any business. So that’s why if you want to succeed on Fiverr and you are a new seller with no reviews, you won’t get any sales. Fiverr has changed from a ‘free to become a seller’ to a paid system.

Fiverr needs to consider this issue. If they can tackle it, this new system may bring great results for some sellers.

Why should Fiverr consider this issue?

They’ve no reason to spend time checking who’s clicking your ads.

They’re going to make money whoever clicks on it.

Why should Fiverr consider this issue?

They’ve no reason to spend time checking who’s clicking your ads.

They’re going to make money whoever clicks on it.

Because an ad campaign that produces more sales per click is more attractive too sellers. If the advertising works then sellers are likely to come back and use it again, if it doesn’t add up in terms of cost/sales ratio then sellers will use it once and leave it alone. Fiverr will want to make the advertising as efficient as possible because it gives them repeat customers.

I think more than 2 clicks, within a set period of time from a buyer account on the same AD should not be charged for.

There are many who work against the system and they might create fake buyer profiles, and just go on clicking ADs to increase the AD charges of the seller.

I think more than 2 clicks, within a set period of time from a buyer account on the same AD should not be charged for.

There are many who work against the system and they might create fake buyer profiles, and just go on clicking ADs to increase the AD charges of the seller.

fake buyer profiles

Why? We can use our real account normally.

The trick here is how will Fiverr sanction those who click and refresh and click on all PROMOTE gigs just for fun.

fake buyer profiles

Why? We can use our real account normally.

The trick here is how will Fiverr sanction those who click and refresh and click on all PROMOTE gigs just for fun.

Why one would risk their real accounts? A person who is on a way for a mischief, he will not risk his real profile.

Moreover why a buyer would this to any seller, it will be rival sellers who might think of doing it.

This isn’t a good thing at all…
The thing due to which fiverr stood out from the rest of the platforms were that they did not have any membership or some payment systems to get orders which made every freelancer starting out choose fiverr. But now… we will see more competition and people on youtube telling to outsource and earn millions using fiverr ads

Why one would risk their real accounts? A person who is on a way for a mischief, he will not risk his real profile.

Moreover why a buyer would this to any seller, it will be rival sellers who might think of doing it.

Why one would risk their real accounts?

Since when is clicking on GIG risky?

If someone wants to see what others are doing and promoting, why not?

Why not spend day and click 100 times on all PROMOTE GIGs?

If someone looks, and then watches little TV, and then goes back because he has forgotten what was in that promoted GIG and wants to check it again, and × 20 daily, why not?

:?

Why one would risk their real accounts?

Since when is clicking on GIG risky?

If someone wants to see what others are doing and promoting, why not?

If someone looks, and then watches little TV, and then goes back because he has forgotten what was in that promoted GIG and wants to check it again, and × 20 daily, why not?

:?

Because maybe Fiverr might flag/warn the account if they think it’s manipulating the system in some way or defrauding the sellers who are paying for the ads (if someone is just clicking on eg. >=100 ads a day).

edit: in the promoted gigs FAQ they also say:

We reserve the right to suspend your account should we notice any activity we determine fraudulent or inappropriate

So it’s possible that might apply to someone clicking on the ads if they click on too many a day

Because maybe Fiverr might flag/warn the account if they think it’s manipulating the system in some way or defrauding the sellers who are paying for the ads (if someone is just clicking on eg. >=100 ads a day).

We reserve the right to suspend your account should we notice any activity we determine fraudulent or inappropriate

So it’s possible that might apply to someone clicking on the ads if they click on too many a day

Possibly there might be restrictions to the system to prevent this, such as 1 account and 1 click = 1 click, 1 account and 2 clicks still = 1 click, so 1 click per account is recorded, regardless of the number of times they click it. This could also be done by i.p. address.

Because maybe Fiverr might flag/warn the account

They do not have right to flag account for watching commercial. That is illegal. If someone wants to watch commercial on Youtube 1000 times they do not flag him. So same laws apply here.

Possibly there might be restrictions to the system to prevent this, such as 1 account and 1 click = 1 click, 1 account and 2 clicks still = 1 click, so 1 click per account is recorded, regardless of the number of times they click it. This could also be done by i.p. address.

This is the best and only solution, that no matter how many times one account clicks on someone’s ad it is only counted as one-click forever.

They will have no legal “legs” if they try to set so sellers are flagged for clicking on other ads.

regardless I have 1000+ clients and many are returning. Maybe you haven’t experienced this yet, but you’ll sooner or later.

I have been “experiencing” new and repeat clients for many years here on Fiverr. I’m not sure why you are assuming that I haven’t. I am no stranger to steady success on this site. I am a veteran seller.

when a site is taking 20% of your revenue, THEN they also want to force you to pay for ads to actually make your service visible, while this was for free for years, that’s already outrageous

As I understand it, the ads program will be voluntary. No one is being forced to participate. And no one’s gigs are going to be invisible in the search results just because they choose not to join the program. Please don’t make wild generalizations.

20% is already a huge amount of cut.

Mathematically, when you keep 80% revenue, 20% is comparatively quite small.

They also get 1% for early pay off, and $2 for every order the buyers make.

None of this comes out of your revenue. These are fees the buyer pays, separate from any of your gig pricing. I don’t understand how this fits into your complaint. This fee does not hurt your profit margain.

But if they want to force us to pay for these stupid ads

Please stop. Fiverr is not forcing anyone to participate in their ad program. As is the case with almost all advertising programs, it is 100% voluntary. If you hate the idea of the advertising program, then don’t participate.

Now they make a pay to win system for the Gigs

Again, not true. This is a voluntary advertising program. No one is being forced to participate.

If Fiverr is making a stupid move, and this is the stupidest I’ve ever seen in the last seven years, people have every right to call them as one, regardless the staff like it or not.

That’s a rather misinformed opinion, but you are entitled to it. Fiverr is likely instituting this ads program in order to open up another stream of revenue – which they are 100% allowed to do, here on their website. They are entitled to profit as well, and with this program, they are profiting from sellers who WANT to participate. There’s nothing wrong with that. This is Fiverr’s site, and theirs to experiment with as they grow and refine their choice of business model.

That’s a most lame argument I have seen so far. What do you mean by that? You’re doing the job! someone is charging you 20% not even for once but for each order just because they’ve build this site to give you a platform.

I was reading your arguments but I must say, it feels like you’re doing a paid promotion and nothing else.

No offense of course.

That’s a most lame argument I have seen so far. What do you mean by that? You’re doing the job! someone is charging you 20% not even for once but for each order just because they’ve build this site to give you a platform.

I was reading your arguments but I must say, it feels like you’re doing a paid promotion and nothing else.

No offense of course.

If you went solo with your own website, how much would you spend on marketing? 20% is for using the Fiverr platform, they also advertise themselves to get traffic to the site. A payment platform, help and support. etc etc. Fiverr offers quite a lot that would be expensive to do on your own, you’d have to put a lot of money into marketing to launch a freelance platform from nothing into a successful one, Fiverr lets you do it for 20%. I’d say it’s a fair deal.

Because maybe Fiverr might flag/warn the account

They do not have right to flag account for watching commercial. That is illegal. If someone wants to watch commercial on Youtube 1000 times they do not flag him. So same laws apply here.

This is the best and only solution, that no matter how many times one account clicks on someone’s ad it is only counted as one-click forever.

They will have no legal “legs” if they try to set so sellers are flagged for clicking on other ads.

Though they could call it click-fraud if they think the person clicking has no interest in the gigs/no intention of buying and just clicking on eg. 100s or even 1000s of seller’s ads (it would just be using up all the seller’s money who paid for the ads).

en.wikipedia.org

Click fraud

Click fraud is a type of fraud that occurs on the Internet in pay-per-click (PPC) online advertising. In this type of advertising, the owners of websites that post the ads are paid an amount of money determined by how many visitors to the sites click on the ads. Fraud occurs when a person, automated script, or computer program imitates a legitimate user of a web browser, clicking on such an ad without having an actual interest in the target of the ad's link. Click fraud is the subject of some con...

No offense of course.

it feels like you’re doing a paid promotion and nothing else

@jonbaas is certainly not “paid promotion” 😂 no offence Jon but no.

Though they could call it click-fraud if they think the person clicking has no interest in the gigs/no intention of buying and just clicking on eg. 100s or even 1000s of seller’s ads (it would just be using up all the seller’s money who paid for the ads).

en.wikipedia.org

Click fraud

Click fraud is a type of fraud that occurs on the Internet in pay-per-click (PPC) online advertising. In this type of advertising, the owners of websites that post the ads are paid an amount of money determined by how many visitors to the sites click on the ads. Fraud occurs when a person, automated script, or computer program imitates a legitimate user of a web browser, clicking on such an ad without having an actual interest in the target of the ad's link. Click fraud is the subject of some con...

without having an actual interest

How they are going to prove he has no interest? Maybe he had interest in first two hours of clicking on ads and then he had to realize he has no money and did not buy anything.

without having an actual interest

How they are going to prove he has no interest? Maybe he had interest in first two hours of clicking on ads and then he had to realize he has no money and did not buy anything.

They’ll probably just set a limit on number of ad clicks per day by a particular user. Maybe they could take into account the time between ad clicks too (eg. to see if it’s likely the buyer is reading the web page). If that limit has been reached (or maybe they check multiple days) they could then warn (or suspend?) the seller.

They’ll probably just set a limit on number of ad clicks per day by a particular user. Maybe they could take into account the time between ad clicks too (eg. to see if it’s likely the buyer is reading the web page). If that limit has been reached (or maybe they check multiple days) they could then warn (or suspend?) the seller.

wolfy suggestion is the only logical. One user clicks are counted as one click.

Maybe we can see something like session duration and if a seller is not buying anything and his session duration is low, he/she can be flagged

Session duration meaning for what time a user will be on the landing page

Archived