Fiverr paid gig Promotion Ads - New Gig Analytics Coming Soon!

muhammadfaheem0

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Apple make new phones when they are already making so much money? Obviously, because they want to make MORE money.

@gerard_goh258 Lol… Your comparison do not correlate with the situation.

Fiverr is a market based for freelancers over the time, Apple is a brand that sells products.

A brand Company releases new features of their products to the public whereby increases their prices, not only Apple does that, all brand does that to satisfy their consumers.

In this case, Fiverr is satisfying itself by maximizing more profits to it pocket and not considering the sellers or buyers.

I just hope their greediness will not kill the system.

I find it highly disturbing. Customer satisfaction will be even lower than now. Customers will get the sponsored gigs without paying attention if the seller is good or not and after will not be satisfied and leave Fiverr forever.

On the contrary if a seller does get’s an order from a promoted gig. They would be forced to perform much better. You don’t want a bad review for an order which you paid for to acquire. So the probability that customer satisfaction will improve is slightly high.

Your reasoning doesn’t make sense.

I disagree.

You already pay 20% to Fiver and part of that money is for marketing.

The marketing part of our 20% fee is marketing to bring outside traffic to Fiverr, which is crucial for a freelancing site. Fiverr invest heavily in this. But the marketing you’re referring is marketing specifically for you, as an individual seller. I don’t agree that this is covered by your 20%. Once the traffic is in Fiverr, it’s up to each individual seller to do what they can to convert that traffic into a sale. Decent thumbnails, good keywords, good descriptions, an intro video etc.

I can invest 10% of my money in marketing but in that case I would run Google Ads or FB ads on my website instead of running ads so you can pay 20% cut.

Yes, you could pay for marketing to your own website instead. But then you’ve got to setup a shopping cart system… and deal with spam/hack attempts to your website… and all of the other complexities that come with running a direct e-commerce business. Plus, nothing is stopping you from doing that, whilst also operating a profile on Fiverr at the same time.

All I’m saying is, if paying out some of our income for internal marketing generates MORE income for us than we were getting before, that’s a good thing, no? Especially if, as I mentioned in my last post, you can build relationships with clients who will come back and buy from you many more times in the future. You want to charge me $500 today for a client who will bring me $5,000 in revenue in a year? Take my money.

Also - keep in mind, some buyers are averse to ads, and will purposefully not click them. So this idea that anyone not advertising is going to see all their business dry up can’t be the case. Organic traffic still does well in Google, why would it be different here?

Also - keep in mind, some buyers are averse to ads, and will purposefully not click them. So this idea that anyone not advertising is going to see all their business dry up can’t be the case. Organic traffic still does well in Google, why would it be different here?

I’m wondering about the wording, though. We’ve seen screenshots above, one with “Promoted”, one with “Ad”. If it will be “Ad”, I agree with you, but I’m not so sure about “Promoted”, people might get confused by that and might think it’s something like “Fiverr’s Choice”, as in “this gig is promoted by Fiverr (because we know this seller is good/have vetted them)” which might lend it more credibility than “Ad”, where most people right away think it’s paid.

It is very good news for everyone.

No it’s now. Not for buyers, cause they won’t see the realy best sellers. Not for sellers, cause we previously was depended of reviews but now we depends of ability paying extra money in addition to that! If you’re old here, you have your own clients and really don’t need Fiverr. But if you’re newcomer (and in freelance too) you will get: wasting money (we there to rise money, no?), wasting time (cause there a lot of olds with their reviews) and human dignity, cause now you have to grovel for any order and to any customer! It’s a slaving!

Who wins? Just Fiverr wins!

On the contrary if a seller does get’s an order from a promoted gig. They would be forced to perform much better. You don’t want a bad review for an order which you paid for to acquire. So the probability that customer satisfaction will improve is slightly high.

Please, I am part of some facebook group about Fiverr and officially I have seen everything. Not to mention that the entry barrier on the platform is non existing and you can do a terrible job and refund your clients and still ha 5 start review.No…

Does anyone else think Fiverr is in crisis? 😂

No way, Fiverr are at their best ever.

No way, Fiverr are at their best ever.

Right now share price does not reflect the real situation at all. Markets saw a big buying surge that totally doesn’t take into account real situation.

Take for example Hertz, they filed for bankruptcy but their shares still grew 300%. Hows that even possible? Well a lot of retail investors throwing money right now into something they don’t understand.

So fiverr shares can grow (the same as all other online platforms saw a big jump in their share price) but nonetheless they are still not profitable.

Please, I am part of some facebook group about Fiverr and officially I have seen everything. Not to mention that the entry barrier on the platform is non existing and you can do a terrible job and refund your clients and still ha 5 start review.No…

and you can do a terrible job and refund your clients and still ha 5 start review

Normally you can’t refund (cancel) an order and also have a review for it. Reviews are for completed orders not cancelled ones. The seller can’t refund a reviewed order - though CS can and the only way a buyer can be refunded for a reviewed order without going through CS is a way that’s against the TOS and will probably make them lose their account.

If they have 5 star reviews it will have been for different orders than the ones they did badly on I think, normally.

and you can do a terrible job and refund your clients and still ha 5 start review

Normally you can’t refund (cancel) an order and also have a review for it. Reviews are for completed orders not cancelled ones. The seller can’t refund a reviewed order - though CS can and the only way a buyer can be refunded for a reviewed order without going through CS is a way that’s against the TOS and will probably make them lose their account.

If they have 5 star reviews it will have been for different orders than the ones they did badly on I think, normally.

Yes, but if the client is not happy with the order you can offer to cancel before the client accepted the delivery

Yes, but if the client is not happy with the order you can offer to cancel before the client accepted the delivery

I agree. But then you won’t get a 5 star review from that order (or any review). You can’t do terrible job and still have a 5 star review from that job basically.

And if someone cancels orders that affects their stats and they could be demoted and will probably go to a lower position in the search results and they could then have a harder time getting future orders (at least until stats improve). Though offers sent to BR could help there (though if they get demoted to level 0 they’ll see much less buyer requests so find it even harder to get orders).

How well Fiverr stock performs does not reflect how well the platform is doing.

They went public to make more money.

They make more money if they provide value to their stakeholders.

They do so by touting how well they are doing and how much better they will do so in the near future.

For example Micha told investors in their latest earnings call how well their promoted gigs feature is performing.

Is that true? Who knows, only 5% of sellers are beta testing it right now.

Were stakeholders pleased by the numbers?

You betcha!

Anyway Fiverr is here to make money, so don’t act surprised when they are trying to diversify and/or add more revenue streams.

We still have no idea how the feature will look and work like once it rolls out for everyone.

I have been active on the forum for a long time now and every single time a new feature is rolled out, everyone hates it. Initially.

I’m wondering about the wording, though. We’ve seen screenshots above, one with “Promoted”, one with “Ad”. If it will be “Ad”, I agree with you, but I’m not so sure about “Promoted”, people might get confused by that and might think it’s something like “Fiverr’s Choice”, as in “this gig is promoted by Fiverr (because we know this seller is good/have vetted them)” which might lend it more credibility than “Ad”, where most people right away think it’s paid.

If it will be “Ad”, I agree with you, but I’m not so sure about “Promoted”, people might get confused by that and might think it’s something like “Fiverr’s Choice”,

This is very true… I really hope they have that in consideration.

However, when I see “ad” in other search results (like Google) I never click on them, because in my mind paying for promotion doesn’t mean good quality.

How well Fiverr stock performs does not reflect how well the platform is doing.

They went public to make more money.

They make more money if they provide value to their stakeholders.

They do so by touting how well they are doing and how much better they will do so in the near future.

For example Micha told investors in their latest earnings call how well their promoted gigs feature is performing.

Is that true? Who knows, only 5% of sellers are beta testing it right now.

Were stakeholders pleased by the numbers?

You betcha!

Anyway Fiverr is here to make money, so don’t act surprised when they are trying to diversify and/or add more revenue streams.

We still have no idea how the feature will look and work like once it rolls out for everyone.

I have been active on the forum for a long time now and every single time a new feature is rolled out, everyone hates it. Initially.

Mhhhm … block button. 😉 I think there are some more who had initial lovers too, like being able to leave reviews for buyers, or what’s that new thing called, need to check … Early Payout.

When I look at his promoted gig in the search results, it doesn’t show me as a promoted gig. It means, the promoted gigs will only be viewed/clicked by users who have buyer only account

Promoted gigs are also shown in the search engine as they normally are. So if you’re promoting one they should twice I think when it’s displaying the ad - 1 in the organic search position and 1 in the ad position.

So the one you saw most likely wasn’t the ad and I don’t think it means only buyer only accounts can see ads - they don’t say that in the promoted gigs help section/TOS.

See:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/where-will-my-ad-appear-and-who-can-see-it

Is it possible to have both my organic Gig and my Promoted Gig displayed on the same page?

Yes, your organic position isn’t affected by your Promoted Gigs activity.

Also shouldn’t there be some control for the seller who’s buying the ad over the keywords used? It’s that normal in things like google ads? It might take the keywords from the relevant places in the gig but maybe there should be a specific option of what keywords you are paying the ad for, as long as they are relevant to the gig.

they don’t say that in the promoted gigs help section/TOS.

Thanks for correction!

Archived