Fiverr paid gig Promotion Ads - New Gig Analytics Coming Soon!

muhammadfaheem0

If you have a look at the post from the OP that I’d quoted, they were suggesting running Google or FB ads to their own private website, not Fiverr. This isn’t against Fiverr’s TOS as it doesn’t involve them. When I mentioned it being ‘in tandem with a Fiverr profile’, I was referring to having your own website and a Fiverr profile at the same time, which is allowed.

Completely understand that but it reads as though you’re talking about Fiverr and could easily be misconstrued to say that google ads is okay on Fiverr, which it is not. Just clearing things up incase anyone took that little section, ran with it and was landed with a warning or ban.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:
My friend is promoting his gig through this new Ad system. When I look at his promoted gig in the search results, it doesn’t show me as a promoted gig. It means, the promoted gigs will only be viewed/clicked by users who have buyer only account. Since my account is dual (seller+buyer). So this sounds awesome! You will not have to pay for the clicks coming from the sellers clicking on your promoted gig.
@jovicdesigns @mariashtelle1

Means Is the promoted gig feature available on your profile and whats the requirement to get that feature

Not available on my profile… Fiverr picked some sellers randomly in order to test the promoted ads… The promotion ads still in Beta stage, once it is perfect… I think it will be available for sellers that are interested

Not available on my profile… Fiverr picked some sellers randomly in order to test the promoted ads… The promotion ads still in Beta stage, once it is perfect… I think it will be available for sellers that are interested

The sellers are not picked at random. It’s a handful of sellers they usually work closely with, mostly TRS level or higher. There’s no random, it will be people they trust and make them the most revenue.

Update:

My friend is promoting his gig through this new Ad system. When I look at his promoted gig in the search results, it doesn’t show me as a promoted gig. It means, the promoted gigs will only be viewed/clicked by users who have buyer only account. Since my account is dual (seller+buyer). So this sounds awesome! You will not have to pay for the clicks coming from the sellers clicking on your promoted gig.

This is incredibly encouraging to hear. But how do you know they won’t count a click from a seller? Just because it says or doesn’t say promoted won’t stop people purposefully clicking on your gig to waste your money.

There is always a good and bad to everything.

Every time a change come in, we as a human try to run away from it. We just try not to accept the new change.

But do keep in mind that the new change always brings in new opportunities for a business.

Being a business Fiverr is also trying to make more money out of sellers. now it is our job as a seller to make sure the we use this feature to make more out of the business.

The sellers are not picked at random. It’s a handful of sellers they usually work closely with, mostly TRS level or higher. There’s no random, it will be people they trust and make them the most revenue.

It’s a handful of sellers they usually work closely with, mostly TRS level or higher. There’s no random, it will be people they trust and make them the most revenue.

Thanks for the clarification.

I have access to this feature.

I was pretty fine without promotion, but decided to give it a try and see what will happen. And, well, nothing happened. All the time I had my best selling gig promoted, I got 0 messages or orders.

Thank you Fiverr for bonus $10, I spent them all, but I am not going to spend my own money for this. In my opinon - not worth it. Comparing to, well, Instagram promotion (very lazy and cheap one, I should say), which gave me quite a lot of new followers and comments, Fiverr one is expensive ($10 were spent in about 36 hours) and ineffective. I know that clicks =/= orders, but I have strong feeling that the gig been shown elsewhere, not for the target audience.

It’s just my experience and my opinion. If somebody finds this helpful - well, that’s good for you, I hope you will take as much from this new feature, as possible.

They just screwed the essence of the site as is. Corporate greed at its best. We want to make a living here. We’re not here to pay for our workplace, or to promote the Gigs. Typical idiots who believe that ads will work. It won’t. Ads doesn’t generate that many sales that would justify its existence. Take a look at Amazon ads where Ads usually have an ACOS of 800-1000% per sales, which means you pay $10 for every $0.8-$1 sale.

P.S.: The limited number of members can keep this feature, but I don’t want it, thank you very much.

I agree with you! It’s awful at all. I’m a newcomer and I chose Fiverr because here I don’t need to pay for work to still hope that that will help me (no)! It’s nonsense, that you should firstly have a lot of money to work! If they will do that, it means they planning to make money on us and will not care about will we have clients or not, will they interested to buy on Fiverr or not.( It is not about competitive process, only about money…

I’m angry about that! It becomes looks like a slaving. I’m done with it. If it’s true, I just will remove my profile on a Fiverr after that!

In addition, because of a bug I can’t edit and upload my gigs! I see the wrong interface with empty non iterractive places. Am I alone with that?

Fiverr is different cause it brings client for us. Nowadays Every Freelancer start there their freelancing journey from here. Even a simple service will sale at $5 and more skilled service also sale at $5 cause this marketplace has become too competitive.
But this new feature will demotivate the new seller like me. Give 20% to fiverr and now this paid ad feature. I’m totally disappointed 💔

Update:

When I look at his promoted gig in the search results, it doesn’t show me as a promoted gig. It means, the promoted gigs will only be viewed/clicked by users who have buyer only account

Promoted gigs are also shown in the search engine as they normally are. So if you’re promoting one they should twice I think when it’s displaying the ad - 1 in the organic search position and 1 in the ad position.

So the one you saw most likely wasn’t the ad and I don’t think it means only buyer only accounts can see ads - they don’t say that in the promoted gigs help section/TOS.

See:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/where-will-my-ad-appear-and-who-can-see-it

Is it possible to have both my organic Gig and my Promoted Gig displayed on the same page?

Yes, your organic position isn’t affected by your Promoted Gigs activity.

Also shouldn’t there be some control for the seller who’s buying the ad over the keywords used? It’s that normal in things like google ads? It might take the keywords from the relevant places in the gig but maybe there should be a specific option of what keywords you are paying the ad for, as long as they are relevant to the gig.

Fiverr is different cause it brings client for us. Nowadays Every Freelancer start there their freelancing journey from here. Even a simple service will sale at $5 and more skilled service also sale at $5 cause this marketplace has become too competitive.

But this new feature will demotivate the new seller like me. Give 20% to fiverr and now this paid ad feature. I’m totally disappointed 💔

Me too! It looks like they try to get extra money in a crisis from people that already gains money for them! They forgot, that crisis exists for all us, not only for them? I lost my main job, for example. My living plan for the next one-two years has totally crashed, and I’m not alone! I’m just trying to stay alive! I don’t have extra money!

I have the same experience on FL. The feature doesn’t work for newcomers at all!

Why it’s so difficult to understand for corporations like they, that all, all of us losing money, not only them?

This news fully dуsparing me. Sorry, if it sounds too loud… but when rad it, I thought “again?!” 😭

@muhammadfaheem0 it’s seem to hard those are start 0 to freelance!

I’m trying to be a freelancer about a year. And I understood that I started late (very big competition and necessary payments) ( As a freelancer I earned 300$. And it was hard, cause when you don’t have your own client base yet, everywhere you looks like zero to every good client. And I haven’t any order on platforms using the same algorithm of promotion for now days. If you’re newcomer in freelance, you have no money, you just trying to earn any. If you have no money, you haven’t ability to work?

Archived