My account has just been banned after 8 years of career building

But when you are uploading logos to logo maker it’s giving you a message that strict measures will be taken against you if you will upload stolen design, design that was solved before or design very similar to an existing logos. And they had all rights to ban you for such a severe offence

It’s true I could have been careful. I would never upload that logo If I know the problem it would cause to my account. I’m not worried about fiverr, they are much careful and have specialized people in every part of the business. I didn’t steal the design, The vectors aren’t the same. I’m not even sure If I knew aribnb’s logo when I did mine. I know most of the world’s famous logos.

AirBnB is a huge and widely known logo, it could’ve cost fiverr millions of dollars if Airbnb would open a legal case against them. It is not a minor offence, it is a huge offence to flip an Airbnb logo and try to sell

It as your own idea

No don’t worry, It’s not as possible. What If I told you the the concept idea of my logo is different? It’s two intersecting medical capsules…?

And I’m shocked that you claim to be a great designer and don’t know an Airbnb logo.

I’m not claiming to be a great designer, I have shared facts about my account and yes I’m familiar with most of world’s logos. It would be better to know who you are while arguing if you need to add more comments, I can’t access your fiverr account It’s banned or deleted 🙂

What If I told you the the concept idea of my logo is different? It’s two intersecting medical capsules…?

In your conversation with support, however, you say it’s a V monogram. Also, you seem to be telling support that you presented that logo to a client as an option and stress that they didn’t choose that option but are using another option, you are arguing about the wrong thing with support, the issue that support likely sees with that isn’t whether or not the client accepted that option but that you gave them that option.

As someone who has no idea of logo design and who ordered logos on Fiverr a couple times, it would be really irksome if someone sold me a logo I then would use, print on stuff, etc., to then have airBNB or some other company sue me. A lot of time, money and reputation can be burned like that.

To be fair, also as someone who has no idea of logo design but seeing logos all the time everywhere, and keeping in mind just how many companies exist, I can’t even begin to fathom how anyone should know them all and design something that never has similarities to any existing logo, but probably a flipped, clinched, colour-treated version of a relatively unique monogram is a major issue, and if you upload something like that to Fiverr’s logo maker, which lots of people would recognize at first glance, it’s clear they can’t be happy with that.

In how far designers are inspired unconsciously so much that they’d come up with such a logo, I do not know, I guess it’s possible, but probably not just a customer but also a designer, which you are, needs to do their due diligence and must know at least the major brands’ logos, perhaps review them every once in a while, and then should realize too uncanny similarities.

However, if that were indeed 2 warnings about exactly the same issue (that’s not really clear, one might have been for trying to upload the logo to the logo maker, one for giving it to a client as an option, or maybe it’s even about another logo they saw that triggered them when they were looking at your account), that wouldn’t make sense. I think it’s possible, however, that it might have been two warnings about the same thing but for 2 different reasons, like the 1st warning for wanting to upload that logo to logo maker/trying to sell it to a customer and the 2nd for lacking insight into why this logo is a problem in discussion with support.

The feedback manipulation warning, on the other hand, well …

1- Your account was flagged for feedback manipulation.

The sentences I always use in my delivery " Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time. "

I am still a bit confused as to why someone should be warned for including this phrase on their delivery.

I tend to include a phrase in almost all of my deliveries as to “In case you need this modified in any way, please let me know”. Will this lead to an warning too?

I agree with Eoin, the issue with the message from the first quote is that the seller is telling the buyer

1. to not close the delivery (thus asking them to do something they do have a right to do, maybe they just want their logo and rate, or rate not, and be done with it ASAP - not discussing whether that’s the smart or good way to handle a business like this, but if they want to simply close the order and rate it without asking for revisions or anything, they are free to do that) and
  2. “if you are not 100% happy with the delivery”, as this virtually, just in other words, says “If you think you won’t give me 5*, please don’t close the order”.

Should that message warrant a warning that can end up tipping the scale in an account ban? If it was for me to decide, no; maybe the seller did have the underlying intention of getting a 5* review with that invitation to the buyer to not close the order until they are 100% happy, however, the intention might simply have been to have a 100% happy buyer at the end of the process, one who will order again. Fiverr wants 100% happy buyers, sellers want 100% happy buyers, and it wasn’t an order but an invitation to the buyer and the seller being willing to do anything possible to make the buyer 100% happy. Not that outrageous really and I’d treat that completely separately from the copyright warning, give sellers who send such texts a slap on the wrist and tell them that next time they write anything that could be even remotely regarded as feedback manipulation, it’s a ban.

But it’s not for me to decide and if Fiverr sees enough reason to be really strict with their terms and to label messages like that as feedback manipulation, what can you do.

It would make sense though to post a list with wordings like the above which would lead them to mark it as feedback manipulation vs. wordings that are okay to use, to help sellers who aren’t sure where the line is being drawn and/or sellers whose English might lead to unlucky wording that’s not meant in any sneaky way but might be interpreted as such.

I also think it’s okay to tell buyers something like in the 2nd quote.

To anyone who isn’t quite sure about how to word their delivery message and is afraid of a warning over something like nine_tails_fox wrote: Consider using Fiverr’s prewritten delivery message (or adapt it slightly, like change the username to the user’s actual name if they told you, etc.), it says something like “please let me know if there are any issues, I’ll get back to you as soon as possible”. If you use the wording that Fiverr provides (in their “Quick responses” above the delivery message window), you should be safe.

Also, sorry for you, OP, that must be really bad after 8 years, glad to read you’ve already started to move forward. Make sure to avoid something like with this logo. Are there any good tools for designers (and customers) to check their logos for similarities to existing ones?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admire the chutzpah of saying they should not only restore your account but put your gig on the first page.

I admire the chutzpah of saying they should not only restore your account but put your gig on the first page.

I have had my gig in the first raw of the first page twice for a long period before in the search engine if you type " Logo " or " logo design " and I had 85+ orders in queue, I have completed 95+% of them with a great rating for most of them without needing to re-sell any logos.

What If I told you the the concept idea of my logo is different? It’s two intersecting medical capsules…?

In your conversation with support, however, you say it’s a V monogram. Also, you seem to be telling support that you presented that logo to a client as an option and stress that they didn’t choose that option but are using another option, you are arguing about the wrong thing with support, the issue that support likely sees with that isn’t whether or not the client accepted that option but that you gave them that option.

As someone who has no idea of logo design and who ordered logos on Fiverr a couple times, it would be really irksome if someone sold me a logo I then would use, print on stuff, etc., to then have airBNB or some other company sue me. A lot of time, money and reputation can be burned like that.

To be fair, also as someone who has no idea of logo design but seeing logos all the time everywhere, and keeping in mind just how many companies exist, I can’t even begin to fathom how anyone should know them all and design something that never has similarities to any existing logo, but probably a flipped, clinched, colour-treated version of a relatively unique monogram is a major issue, and if you upload something like that to Fiverr’s logo maker, which lots of people would recognize at first glance, it’s clear they can’t be happy with that.

In how far designers are inspired unconsciously so much that they’d come up with such a logo, I do not know, I guess it’s possible, but probably not just a customer but also a designer, which you are, needs to do their due diligence and must know at least the major brands’ logos, perhaps review them every once in a while, and then should realize too uncanny similarities.

However, if that were indeed 2 warnings about exactly the same issue (that’s not really clear, one might have been for trying to upload the logo to the logo maker, one for giving it to a client as an option, or maybe it’s even about another logo they saw that triggered them when they were looking at your account), that wouldn’t make sense. I think it’s possible, however, that it might have been two warnings about the same thing but for 2 different reasons, like the 1st warning for wanting to upload that logo to logo maker/trying to sell it to a customer and the 2nd for lacking insight into why this logo is a problem in discussion with support.

The sentences I always use in my delivery " Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time. "

I am still a bit confused as to why someone should be warned for including this phrase on their delivery.

I tend to include a phrase in almost all of my deliveries as to “In case you need this modified in any way, please let me know”. Will this lead to an warning too?

I agree with Eoin, the issue with the message from the first quote is that the seller is telling the buyer

1. to not close the delivery (thus asking them to do something they do have a right to do, maybe they just want their logo and rate, or rate not, and be done with it ASAP - not discussing whether that’s the smart or good way to handle a business like this, but if they want to simply close the order and rate it without asking for revisions or anything, they are free to do that) and
  2. “if you are not 100% happy with the delivery”, as this virtually, just in other words, says “If you think you won’t give me 5*, please don’t close the order”.

Should that message warrant a warning that can end up tipping the scale in an account ban? If it was for me to decide, no; maybe the seller did have the underlying intention of getting a 5* review with that invitation to the buyer to not close the order until they are 100% happy, however, the intention might simply have been to have a 100% happy buyer at the end of the process, one who will order again. Fiverr wants 100% happy buyers, sellers want 100% happy buyers, and it wasn’t an order but an invitation to the buyer and the seller being willing to do anything possible to make the buyer 100% happy. Not that outrageous really and I’d treat that completely separately from the copyright warning, give sellers who send such texts a slap on the wrist and tell them that next time they write anything that could be even remotely regarded as feedback manipulation, it’s a ban.

But it’s not for me to decide and if Fiverr sees enough reason to be really strict with their terms and to label messages like that as feedback manipulation, what can you do.

It would make sense though to post a list with wordings like the above which would lead them to mark it as feedback manipulation vs. wordings that are okay to use, to help sellers who aren’t sure where the line is being drawn and/or sellers whose English might lead to unlucky wording that’s not meant in any sneaky way but might be interpreted as such.

To anyone who isn’t quite sure about how to word their delivery message and is afraid of a warning over something like nine_tails_fox wrote: Consider using Fiverr’s prewritten delivery message (or adapt it slightly, like change the username to the user’s actual name if they told you, etc.), it says something like “please let me know if there are any issues, I’ll get back to you as soon as possible”. If you use the wording that Fiverr provides (in their “Quick responses” above the delivery message window), you should be safe.

Also, sorry for you, OP, that must be really bad after 8 years, glad to read you’ve already started to move forward. Make sure to avoid something like with this logo. Are there any good tools for designers (and customers) to check their logos for similarities to existing ones?

Are there any good tools for designers (and customers) to check their logos for similarities to existing ones?

Only google researches or being familiar with generic designs.

Btw Fiverr logo maker and/or other logo makers online are made to sell the same logo to unlimited number of businesses.

Also, you seem to be telling support that you presented that logo to a client as an option and stress that they didn’t choose that option but are using another option, you are arguing about the wrong thing with support, the issue that support likely sees with that isn’t whether or not the client accepted that option but that you gave them that option.

I’m not sure because it wasn’t offered for sale outside Fiverr. The buyer didn’t choose to have that logo and doesn’t own the copyrights to it. The OP still owns the copyright to the logo.

They said it was flagged “for not being original or for being offered for sale outside of Fiverr.”

and

According to our Terms of Service, by uploading a logo design you…guarantee that it is your own original work; that you own all rights to it; that you’ve never sold this logo design before and will not offer it for sale outside of Fiverr.

I assume since the OP still would have owned the rights to the logo (if it wasn’t too similar to another), and if it’s his own original work, that he’d be okay to add it to the logo maker. If he would not offer it for sale in future outside Fiverr.

If Fiverr’s system flagged the work he showed his previous buyer or if the previous buyer used that instead of the one he has the rights to that wouldn’t be the OP’s fault I think and the sysem probably shouldn’t be checking past posts eg. on the order page if that’s one thing it does (apart from checking external site’s images).

I do agree you didn’t deserve a ban for this.

Every time a new trend comes in, you have thousands of similar logos popping up, especially in startup culture. You can play around with some interconnecting shapes, see a clever rhythm in them, congratulate yourself at being awesome and accidentally create something similar to what other existing brands have. You can’t spend hours of research to find if your every creation is alike to someone else’s.

Dozens of fiverr logo designers have the same dang deer in their portfolios and it’s perfectly fine. And let’s not forget this undying trend:

image.jpg.a27013cbba768780ae07dfc569949fe7.jpg
image600×620 42.7 KB

You should’ve received a warning and have your design removed. The reason you received 2, I believe, is because a) it’s way too similar to a very well-known and popular brand, b) logo maker is a new feature and fiverr takes its promotion and reputation seriously. Hence, the overreaction. I’m sorry this happened.

Are there any good tools for designers (and customers) to check their logos for similarities to existing ones?

Probably only things like Google’s reverse image search, bing’s similar images option, TinEye reverse image search. I assume Fiverr uses some API that checks for similar images. Ideally there’d be something for designers that checks the image/logo with it coloured differently and at different rotations.

I don’t know if Fiverr or anyone use one especially for logos that might be vector based and be easier to check similarities in logos irrespective of rotation, size, colour, etc. If there’s not one that does that maybe designers could create a script that rotates it a few times or recolours it a few times and then manually check those images with sites like Google, TinEye, bing image searches. Though that won’t guarantee there are no logos that are quite similar.

edit There’s a TinEye API and commercial use option that I suppose designers could use if they could afford the prices and if that would help.

My account which got 1500+ customer feedback with overall rating of 4.9/5 has just been permanently disabled. I’m absolutely aware that violating TOS gets your account disable, Please read!!

First of all, I want you to know that fiverr doesn’t owe me any $ in my account. I could complete the last active order and wait until I withdraw my earnings before being permanently disabled.

The story is: I received 3 fiverr warnings:

I didn’t contact CS for this warning, I could have done but they will never support you as a seller, I believe.

2-The logo design that you’ve uploaded to Fiverr’s Logo Maker has been flagged by our system for not being original or for being offered for sale outside of Fiverr.

I contacted the custom support to concern about this and that the logo is %100 original and never been sold outside. As mentioned, they will never support you as a seller but they got me a 3rd warning and temporary restriction for my account!

Yes, The third warning warning I received after contacting support was for the same logo!

The third warning warning I received after contacting support was for the same logo!

The third warning warning I received after contacting support was for the same logo!

I’m here to advise all of you guys using fiverr for too long and has a great portfolio and customer feedback.

Your account is not as a valuable business as you think! It’s not a business at all…It’s just one mouse click from a fresh graduate can make you loss 8 years of work.

Avoid contacting customer support.

Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time

in a way this does sound like a bit of feedback manipulation … , in a way,not very straight forward but it can be interpreted like that …

For the logo it’s too close to the air bnb logo… it’s the same thing with thicker lines…turned upside down…

I don’t think however that users should be banned for uploading a logo on that new logo maker… There are many logos that share similarities and for instance us as sellers can’t be aware of all the similar logos that exist in the world … I understand if Fiverr checks the files however if the file is not ok simply decline it… maybe the seller wasn’t aware that the logo is too similar to a different design ( i am not talking about this case , just in general ) . Not everyone wants to commit frauds here ,mistakes can also happen… that’s why I avoid uploading any files to the new logo thing…

Probably only things like Google’s reverse image search, bing’s similar images option, TinEye reverse image search. I assume Fiverr uses some API that checks for similar images. Ideally there’d be something for designers that checks the image/logo with it coloured differently and at different rotations.

I don’t know if Fiverr or anyone use one especially for logos that might be vector based and be easier to check similarities in logos irrespective of rotation, size, colour, etc. If there’s not one that does that maybe designers could create a script that rotates it a few times or recolours it a few times and then manually check those images with sites like Google, TinEye, bing image searches. Though that won’t guarantee there are no logos that are quite similar.

edit There’s a TinEye API and commercial use option that I suppose designers could use if they could afford the prices and if that would help.

Ideally there’d be something for designers that checks the image/logo with it coloured differently and at different rotations.

Yes, I was wondering if that kind of tool exists, I’d like to use that to check things i bought myself. I did check OP’s logo with Google and nothing came up. I’ve even used airbnb myself several times but I don’t think I’d have made the connection, maybe I’m just not very observant when it gets to visuals, I’m more a word person.

Ideally there’d be something for designers that checks the image/logo with it coloured differently and at different rotations.

Yes, I was wondering if that kind of tool exists, I’d like to use that to check things i bought myself. I did check OP’s logo with Google and nothing came up. I’ve even used airbnb myself several times but I don’t think I’d have made the connection, maybe I’m just not very observant when it gets to visuals, I’m more a word person.

I don’t even feel like it is copyright infringement if I’m being totally honest. The proportions are different, his logo is shaded when airbnb is flat, etc. Are they somewhat similar? Sure. But there are literally thousands of similar logos out there, and ain’t nobody getting banned (or sued) for them. To ban an 8 year old account on this is just a bad move.

I don’t even feel like it is copyright infringement if I’m being totally honest. The proportions are different, his logo is shaded when airbnb is flat, etc. Are they somewhat similar? Sure. But there are literally thousands of similar logos out there, and ain’t nobody getting banned (or sued) for them. To ban an 8 year old account on this is just a bad move.

But there are literally thousands of similar logos out there

True… many logos do share similarities

But there are literally thousands of similar logos out there

True… many logos do share similarities

It’s pretty impossible not to, when thousands are created daily. Specially when dealing with geometric, minimalistic logos, the number of shapes and variations is limited. This is different enough to be plausibly not a copy, and that should be enough.

I highly doubt airbnb would try any action for a logo like this specially if it’s for a company in a totally different field - different color, different orientation, different thickness and shading, used by a non competitor? It won’t remind anyone of airbnb anyway. And even if they tried, I’m doubtful anything would stick (but then again, money talks, even if they aren’t right the more expensive lawyers tend to win). I would be s*****g my pants constantly if I was a logo designer, specially if I made minimalist, simple logos. No way to know when something will bite you through no real fault of your own.

It’s pretty impossible not to, when thousands are created daily. Specially when dealing with geometric, minimalistic logos, the number of shapes and variations is limited. This is different enough to be plausibly not a copy, and that should be enough.

I highly doubt airbnb would try any action for a logo like this specially if it’s for a company in a totally different field - different color, different orientation, different thickness and shading, used by a non competitor? It won’t remind anyone of airbnb anyway. And even if they tried, I’m doubtful anything would stick (but then again, money talks, even if they aren’t right the more expensive lawyers tend to win). I would be s*****g my pants constantly if I was a logo designer, specially if I made minimalist, simple logos. No way to know when something will bite you through no real fault of your own.

It might not be the airbnb logo that Fiver’s system thought was too similar (eg. if Google’s image search can’t match it to that logo). Maybe it was another one that whatever matching algorithm they use gave a high score as a copy even if it wasn’t actually a copy (eg. a similarity score). Or maybe it was because of when the OP showed that logo to a previous buyer even though they didn’t buy it.

Maybe it’s worth the OP asking which logo it was flagged as being a copy of (or too similar to) and what the URL of that logo is. Maybe they won’t do that but it might help the OP with their case in proving things (eg. the previous buyer didn’t have rights to the logo shown to them as they chose a different one).

It might not be the airbnb logo that Fiver’s system thought was too similar (eg. if Google’s image search can’t match it to that logo). Maybe it was another one that whatever matching algorithm they use gave a high score as a copy even if it wasn’t actually a copy (eg. a similarity score). Or maybe it was because of when the OP showed that logo to a previous buyer even though they didn’t buy it.

Maybe it’s worth the OP asking which logo it was flagged as being a copy of (or too similar to) and what the URL of that logo is. Maybe they won’t do that but it might help the OP with their case in proving things (eg. the previous buyer didn’t have rights to the logo shown to them as they chose a different one).

Maybe it’s worth the OP asking which logo it was flagged as being a copy of (or too similar to) and what the URL of that logo is.

With the level of customer support (and having received the third strike just for asking), that seems like quite the moot point.

You are someone who needs to rework that top circle to match better with the rest of the image, it’s quite unpleasing atm xD

You are someone who needs to rework that top circle to match better with the rest of the image, it’s quite unpleasing atm xD

I did it in few seconds for fun lol…not worrying about how it looks.

Proboscis monkey in a swimming cap.

Then it’s not airbnb logo at all. Problem solved.

Wasn’t there a controversy with Airbnb logo because it resembled a few other startup logos? The details escape me but I think there was. Plus, all the heart logos are done in a similar fashion for pharmacies, clinics, etc.

To repeat myself, I’m not defending it but it’s not worth two strikes. It’s not as uncommon, unavoidable or scandalous as the reaction implies.

UPD: It’s even better than I’ve remembered.

image.thumb.jpg.b9c2e5c7cdc672265be57386185ecce4.jpg
image1020×291 75.2 KB

Wasn’t there a controversy with Airbnb logo because it resembled a few other startup logos? The details escape me but I think there was. Plus, all the heart logos are done in a similar fashion for pharmacies, clinics, etc.

To repeat myself, I’m not defending it but it’s not worth two strikes. It’s not as uncommon, unavoidable or scandalous as the reaction implies.

I’m not defending it but it’s not worth two strikes.

We saw people on the forum getting banned right after the first warning for stealing from the internet or contact outside of fiverr.

I’m not defending it but it’s not worth two strikes.

We saw people on the forum getting banned right after the first warning for stealing from the internet or contact outside of fiverr.

Yes, but OP got two strikes for the same offense that, again, I personally don’t consider that uncommon, unavoidable or scandalous. Especially for $60 logos (I just had to mention it, let’s not start the logo price discussion again, anyone, I can’t anymore).

I have posted this to advise people not to contact customer support for any reason. The account is permanently deleted. Some of those defending Fiverr for the tough decisions they take with targeting the weak points of the OP and ignore the strength ones to look positive when some Fiverr’s representative check the post, they will never know how it feels until they try it.

I have posted this to advise people not to contact customer support for any reason. The account is permanently deleted. Some of those defending Fiverr for the tough decisions they take with targeting the weak points of the OP and ignore the strength ones to look positive when some Fiverr’s representative check the post, they will never know how it feels until they try it.

I had CS once vaguely implying that I might get a warning if I don’t drop the subject that I had a full right to address. You can consider me warned years ago. 🙂

Archived