My account has just been banned after 8 years of career building

To be honest, I don’t see this fact after watching some.

This comment makes no sense.

There’s a connection, It’s %100 similar. but if the action seems fair to you, then you are defending fiverr for some reason maybe.

Unfortunately, Fiverr was correct to take the action that they did based upon whomever reported your similar/copied logo. My previous explanation, therefore, remains valid. You cannot take a popular existing logo, flip it upside down, copy it, and consider that a new logo of your own creation. That’s not appropriate, and can, indeed, be an illegal breach of trademark.

fiverr warned me once and the logo was denied. Isn’t enough?

Your THREE total warnings are what got your account “denied”. Your warning for trademark infringement on this logo was likely the final straw.

You can’t believe I don’t remember what happened while designing this logo.

I’m confused. So… you did remember copying that popular logo?

Unfortunately, Fiverr was correct to take the action that they did based upon whomever reported your similar/copied logo. My previous explanation, therefore, remains valid. You cannot take a popular existing logo, flip it upside down, copy it, and consider that a new logo of your own creation. That’s not appropriate, and can, indeed, be an illegal breach of trademark.

I have had so many clients trade marked the logos I designed btw. I don’t use Cliparts as you do in some of yours. And yes you can copy an idea and change in the design and it will be valid.

I can create a logo with an apple in a different shape and layout. Will apple sew me?

Your THREE total warnings are what got your account “denied”. Your warning for trademark infringement on this logo was likely the final straw.

Does the first warning seem fair to you too?

I don’t remember If I knew bnb’s logo at the time designing my logo but I think yes I did. It was an old draft I had.

Still fiverr can just reject logos aside from banning people.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have been a disaster had that been allowed to be on the logomaker and people purchased it.

It’s not a worldwide crisis as you think. Although my logo is similar to bnb’s It’s created in differently and It can be used as it is.

At the worst case, Fiverr can have some people who are familiar ALL THE LOGOS in the worldwide " Including startups" and make them reject ones with similarities.

It can be used as it is.

If it were left up to a judge or jury what do you think? They would tell you it’s ok to sell that to people? I don’t think so. Fiverr didn’t think so. It might be that not realizing that had something to do with the situation.

Logo makers probably should be familiar with how trademarked logos work and what happens when a big wealthy company has it’s logo used by others.

I’m not judging you as I said. Just explaining my understanding of how this works and why it might have come down to this current situation.

I have had so many clients trade marked the logos I designed btw. I don’t use Cliparts as you do in some of yours. And yes you can copy an idea and change in the design and it will be valid.

I can create a logo with an apple in a different shape and layout. Will apple sew me?

I don’t remember If I knew bnb’s logo at the time designing my logo but I think yes I did. It was an old draft I had.

I don’t use Cliparts as you do in some of yours.

Please don’t try to make this about me. I do not steal the work of other people/designers. My work is original, and has been for well over a decade. This topic is about YOUR actions, and it is inappropriate to try to criticize me for things I have not done.

And yes you can copy an idea and change in the design and it will be valid.

No. You can’t. That’s why there’s a thing known as trademark law. You cannot steal someone else’s work, and then try to sell it as your own. That is, without a doubt, illegal.

Yes, it does seem fair – according to Fiverr’s clearly written rules. You cannot ask buyers to do anything that could manipulate, change, or influence their review.

You had previous warnings. You were banned for your TOTAL warnings. Yes, Fiverr can do that. That is well withing their rights to do, here on their website.

It can be used as it is.

If it were left up to a judge or jury what do you think? They would tell you it’s ok to sell that to people? I don’t think so. Fiverr didn’t think so. It might be that not realizing that had something to do with the situation.

Logo makers probably should be familiar with how trademarked logos work and what happens when a big wealthy company has it’s logo used by others.

I’m not judging you as I said. Just explaining my understanding of how this works and why it might have come down to this current situation.

If it were left up to a judge or jury what do you think?

Fiverr as a big corporation who don’t sell copied logos can reject them from the sellers. I didn’t upload the logo aiming to put them in trouble or get my account banned lol.

If it were left up to a judge or jury what do you think?

Fiverr as a big corporation who don’t sell copied logos can reject them from the sellers. I didn’t upload the logo aiming to put them in trouble or get my account banned lol.

I didn’t upload the logo aiming to put them in trouble or get my account banned lol.

Not making the connection, that’s the problem. Not seeing this is what the problem is. Not sure why you didn’t realize it. Or still don’t. We can argue about it for hours longer but it wouldn’t do any good.

I don’t use Cliparts as you do in some of yours.

Please don’t try to make this about me. I do not steal the work of other people/designers. My work is original, and has been for well over a decade. This topic is about YOUR actions, and it is inappropriate to try to criticize me for things I have not done.

And yes you can copy an idea and change in the design and it will be valid.

No. You can’t. That’s why there’s a thing known as trademark law. You cannot steal someone else’s work, and then try to sell it as your own. That is, without a doubt, illegal.

Yes, it does seem fair – according to Fiverr’s clearly written rules. You cannot ask buyers to do anything that could manipulate, change, or influence their review.

You had previous warnings. You were banned for your TOTAL warnings. Yes, Fiverr can do that. That is well withing their rights to do, here on their website.

I’m not trying to offend you, I can proof it and refer to some. It’s not why I’m here but you did started to call me "not good designer : a good logo designer is familiar with … " and more in your comments but I will stop at this stage.

“Good designers copy, great designers steal.” Pablo Picasso

Do you find me asking for a specific feedback "Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time.

I used to have my clients ending the orders happy and I want to have the new ones repeated. It’s unfair how they think.

I didn’t upload the logo aiming to put them in trouble or get my account banned lol.

Not making the connection, that’s the problem. Not seeing this is what the problem is. Not sure why you didn’t realize it. Or still don’t. We can argue about it for hours longer but it wouldn’t do any good.

After all I’m not hoping to get my account back anymore, I already started to move forward with something else. I’m posting to make people watch out that anyone can be banned at any time. You don’t know what can happen tomorrow, It can be your turn or someone else’s for reasons you are not aware off. I hope not.

I’m not trying to offend you, I can proof it and refer to some. It’s not why I’m here but you did started to call me "not good designer : a good logo designer is familiar with … " and more in your comments but I will stop at this stage.

Do you find me asking for a specific feedback "Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time.

I used to have my clients ending the orders happy and I want to have the new ones repeated. It’s unfair how they think.

but you did started to call me "not good designer

I did NOT call you a “not good designer”. I said:

A good logo designer needs to know the designs that are already out there, in order to avoid replicating them.

I was stating a general fact. A designer – any professional designer – must be aware of the existing logos already out in the world, and work to avoid copying them.

This it taken out of context, and does not apply in the case of trademarked brand designs.

It’s unfair how they think.

I’m out. I would prefer not keep trying to clarify things that you wish not to accept.

but you did started to call me "not good designer

I did NOT call you a “not good designer”. I said:

A good logo designer needs to know the designs that are already out there, in order to avoid replicating them.

I was stating a general fact. A designer – any professional designer – must be aware of the existing logos already out in the world, and work to avoid copying them.

This it taken out of context, and does not apply in the case of trademarked brand designs.

It’s unfair how they think.

I’m out. I would prefer not keep trying to clarify things that you wish not to accept.

I’m out.

Have a nice day…

They can. But when you are uploading logos to logo maker it’s giving you a message that strict measures will be taken against you if you will upload stolen design, design that was solved before or design very similar to an existing logos. And they had all rights to ban you for such a severe offence.

AirBnB is a huge and widely known logo, it could’ve cost fiverr millions of dollars if Airbnb would open a legal case against them. It is not a minor offence, it is a huge offence to flip an Airbnb logo and try to sell

It as your own idea.

And to be honest as a logo designer as other mentioned you should know at least biggest brands logos. I can immediately tell if I saw similar logo somewhere and that’s why it’s so easy to spot all those stolen logos among people who’s trying to promote their gigs here on the forum. And I’m shocked that you claim to be a great designer and don’t know an Airbnb logo.

"Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time.

I am still a bit confused as to why someone should be warned for including this phrase on their delivery.

I tend to include a phrase in almost all of my deliveries as to “In case you need this modified in any way, please let me know”. Will this lead to an warning too?

They can. But when you are uploading logos to logo maker it’s giving you a message that strict measures will be taken against you if you will upload stolen design, design that was solved before or design very similar to an existing logos. And they had all rights to ban you for such a severe offence.

AirBnB is a huge and widely known logo, it could’ve cost fiverr millions of dollars if Airbnb would open a legal case against them. It is not a minor offence, it is a huge offence to flip an Airbnb logo and try to sell

It as your own idea.

And to be honest as a logo designer as other mentioned you should know at least biggest brands logos. I can immediately tell if I saw similar logo somewhere and that’s why it’s so easy to spot all those stolen logos among people who’s trying to promote their gigs here on the forum. And I’m shocked that you claim to be a great designer and don’t know an Airbnb logo.

But when you are uploading logos to logo maker it’s giving you a message that strict measures will be taken against you if you will upload stolen design, design that was solved before or design very similar to an existing logos. And they had all rights to ban you for such a severe offence

It’s true I could have been careful. I would never upload that logo If I know the problem it would cause to my account. I’m not worried about fiverr, they are much careful and have specialized people in every part of the business. I didn’t steal the design, The vectors aren’t the same. I’m not even sure If I knew aribnb’s logo when I did mine. I know most of the world’s famous logos.

It as your own idea

No don’t worry, It’s not as possible. What If I told you the the concept idea of my logo is different? It’s two intersecting medical capsules…?

And I’m shocked that you claim to be a great designer and don’t know an Airbnb logo.

I’m not claiming to be a great designer, I have shared facts about my account and yes I’m familiar with most of world’s logos. It would be better to know who you are while arguing if you need to add more comments, I can’t access your fiverr account It’s banned or deleted 🙂

"Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time.

I am still a bit confused as to why someone should be warned for including this phrase on their delivery.

I tend to include a phrase in almost all of my deliveries as to “In case you need this modified in any way, please let me know”. Will this lead to an warning too?

It can be…Only god knows. 😃

Ask the gods of knowledge arguing in the post, 😃

It’s unlikely. The OP was specifically telling buyers not to close the order which could be perceived as not to review. In a way it is a fair enough message but Fiverr is really sticky about feedback requests.

I say something like “If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask”.

It’s unlikely. The OP was specifically telling buyers not to close the order which could be perceived as not to review. In a way it is a fair enough message but Fiverr is really sticky about feedback requests.

I say something like “If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask”.

It makes sense now. But it’s really harsh from a sellers POV. Because, I honestly believe he wasn’t trying to manipulate the system in the first instance where he got his first warning issued tbh. But I am not judging.

Thank you so much for your time!

Everybody is jumping on the guy for doing a logo that looks like airbnb. That is deserved, and if he got banned for that alone, sure - copyright infringement can be dangerous for Fiverr.

But that’s not what happened. He got banned for having three strikes. One of those is justified (the logo one). One is debatable (the “don’t close the order until you are satisfied”). One makes no sense (asking CS a question). There’s nothing in the TOS stating that disagreeing with CS can lead to a strike.

No matter how you look at it, if the rules are clear, this is yet again a case of somebody being banned, ultimately, for trying to get clarification from CS. He didn’t get banned for copying the logo - that was strike 2, not bannable. Unless you can somehow get two separate strikes for the same single action, which of course doesn’t make any sense.

I’m noticing a trend lately. My advice is - never contact support. They will twist things to fit whatever they feel about you, with no regard for the TOS. They are not to be trusted.

Everybody is jumping on the guy for doing a logo that looks like airbnb. That is deserved, and if he got banned for that alone, sure - copyright infringement can be dangerous for Fiverr.

But that’s not what happened. He got banned for having three strikes. One of those is justified (the logo one). One is debatable (the “don’t close the order until you are satisfied”). One makes no sense (asking CS a question). There’s nothing in the TOS stating that disagreeing with CS can lead to a strike.

No matter how you look at it, if the rules are clear, this is yet again a case of somebody being banned, ultimately, for trying to get clarification from CS. He didn’t get banned for copying the logo - that was strike 2, not bannable. Unless you can somehow get two separate strikes for the same single action, which of course doesn’t make any sense.

I’m noticing a trend lately. My advice is - never contact support. They will twist things to fit whatever they feel about you, with no regard for the TOS. They are not to be trusted.

@visualstudios I 'm proud of your courage and I’m worried about you!

The only question I have is regarding the exchange with support. If you were insulting or very aggressive towards them, I can see that counting as a strike. If you were polite and professional, I feel you were unfairly given a third strike.

I was all the way polite & professional. Starting my email wishing them the best and ending it with regards.

fiverr-01.thumb.jpg.1100b000800a4ce5e6e4030cd81ef5aa.jpg
fiverr-012083×2901 2.46 MB
fiverr-02.thumb.jpg.630b0f03ae1ac75f373f66f4f445f08d.jpg
fiverr-022401×2330 935 KB
fiverr-03.thumb.jpg.99ce5f4634fbd253e4b7921572bb815d.jpg
fiverr-031970×1701 816 KB

Archived