My account has just been banned after 8 years of career building

My account which got 1500+ customer feedback with overall rating of 4.9/5 has just been permanently disabled. I’m absolutely aware that violating TOS gets your account disable, Please read!!

First of all, I want you to know that fiverr doesn’t owe me any $ in my account. I could complete the last active order and wait until I withdraw my earnings before being permanently disabled.

The story is: I received 3 fiverr warnings:

1- Your account was flagged for feedback manipulation.
The sentences I always use in my delivery " Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time. "

I didn’t contact CS for this warning, I could have done but they will never support you as a seller, I believe.

2-The logo design that you’ve uploaded to Fiverr’s Logo Maker has been flagged by our system for not being original or for being offered for sale outside of Fiverr.

I contacted the custom support to concern about this and that the logo is %100 original and never been sold outside. As mentioned, they will never support you as a seller but they got me a 3rd warning and temporary restriction for my account!
Yes, The third warning warning I received after contacting support was for the same logo!
The third warning warning I received after contacting support was for the same logo!
The third warning warning I received after contacting support was for the same logo!

I’m here to advise all of you guys using fiverr for too long and has a great portfolio and customer feedback.

Your account is not as a valuable business as you think! It’s not a business at all…It’s just one mouse click from a fresh graduate can make you loss 8 years of work.

Avoid contacting customer support.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you please show us a logo in question that you posted on logomaker?

The logo is somehow similar to aribnb icon but flipped. It’s not it, It’s the same concept treating with the letter V instead of A. Mine is even more professional.

It’s not the only problem, I have accepted to be warned on it once considering the above. But why twice?

Fiverr logo maker is still in beta, couldn’t they just accept or reject the logos instead of warning and banning? I think the system sucks.

111-01.png.6486e56ee807764f59693be647472c20.png

Oh come on. It’s the same blooming logo.

You can’t have created that not knowing that it looks like an upturned Airbnb logo.

Close the door behind you.

Here, let me have a go:

airbnb-logo-big28072403.thumb.jpg.afd5f0dd6a341f176f2f7e7c23a9ee32.jpg
airbnb-logo-big280724031920×855 62.4 KB

Oh look! I’m a logo designer!

Oh come on. It’s the same blooming logo.

You can’t have created that not knowing that it looks like an upturned Airbnb logo.

Close the door behind you.

Here, let me have a go:

Oh look! I’m a logo designer!

I realized it’s similar and accepted it to be rejected/denied or even be warned for it once not spam warnings to find a reason for a ban.

I realized it’s similar and accepted it to be rejected/denied or even be warned for it once not spam warnings to find a reason for a ban.

I realized it’s similar

Well, al; least I now know not to upload my Wyoming burger restaurant logo on the Fiverr logo maker. :roll_eyes:

shield-167584_1280.thumb.jpg.c26a72d5abbf0c04ceca62c81ab8df58.jpg
shield-167584_12801280×960 136 KB

How did you know it was like the airbnb logo?

It sounds like you already knew that before you did yours.

And to then upload it to the fiverr logomaker of all places? It just seems odd to me. It sounds a bit self destructive.

Anyway I’m sorry it happened to you!

If I did know, I wouldnt upload it.

I discovered that after receiving the warning.

Still its not a strong reason for a perm. ban is it?

Still its not a strong reason for a perm. ban is it?

I don’t sit in judgement, or try not to at least, but I can see fiverr’s side of it to be honest.

It must be hard to always keep coming up with unique logos when there are so many of them out there already. And I’m not sure how you would check anywhere to make sure yours hasn’t already been done.

My takeaway from this for other logo designers is to not upload any of your logos to fiverr’s logomaker just to be safe.

I don’t sit in judgement, or try not to at least, but I can see fiverr’s side of it to be honest.

It must be hard to always keep coming up with unique logos when there are so many of them out there already. And I’m not sure how you would check anywhere to make sure yours hasn’t already been done.

My takeaway from this for other logo designers is to not upload any of your logos to fiverr’s logomaker just to be safe.

Thanks for what you feel.

It’s not easy but It’s doable. I wouldn’t have %98 of positive feedback from more than 1000 clients if I don’t generate new ideas.

The trust and safety should judge sellers for real clients’s feedback. A client would never post a 5 stars if he’s unhappy! Even if you ask them to…

My account which got 1500+ customer feedback with overall rating of 4.9/5 has just been permanently disabled. I’m absolutely aware that violating TOS gets your account disable, Please read!!

First of all, I want you to know that fiverr doesn’t owe me any $ in my account. I could complete the last active order and wait until I withdraw my earnings before being permanently disabled.

The story is: I received 3 fiverr warnings:

1- Your account was flagged for feedback manipulation.

The sentences I always use in my delivery " Please don’t close the order if you are not %100 happy with the delivery, You can request revisions at any time. "

I didn’t contact CS for this warning, I could have done but they will never support you as a seller, I believe.

2-The logo design that you’ve uploaded to Fiverr’s Logo Maker has been flagged by our system for not being original or for being offered for sale outside of Fiverr.

I contacted the custom support to concern about this and that the logo is %100 original and never been sold outside. As mentioned, they will never support you as a seller but they got me a 3rd warning and temporary restriction for my account!

Yes, The third warning warning I received after contacting support was for the same logo!

I’m here to advise all of you guys using fiverr for too long and has a great portfolio and customer feedback.

Your account is not as a valuable business as you think! It’s not a business at all…It’s just one mouse click from a fresh graduate can make you loss 8 years of work.

Avoid contacting customer support.

The logo design that you’ve uploaded to Fiverr’s Logo Maker has been flagged by our system for not being original

I am a professional logo designer as well – for over 15 years in fact. The odds of accidentally creating a logo so incredibly similar to such a popular, well-known, unique logo are astronomical. You would have to have, indeed, seen the airbnb logo in order to create the flipped duplicate. Unfortunately, you can’t do that in the logo design world, and not expect the owner of the original logo to object. They do have a trademark case, and Fiverr’s action seems fair. There is a clear and undeniable connection between both logos.

Like I said, the similarities to the airbnb logo are uncanny, and do appear (to the rest of us) to be a flipped copy. The original logo is incredibly unique. A good logo designer needs to know the designs that are already out there, in order to avoid replicating them.

The logo design that you’ve uploaded to Fiverr’s Logo Maker has been flagged by our system for not being original

I am a professional logo designer as well – for over 15 years in fact. The odds of accidentally creating a logo so incredibly similar to such a popular, well-known, unique logo are astronomical. You would have to have, indeed, seen the airbnb logo in order to create the flipped duplicate. Unfortunately, you can’t do that in the logo design world, and not expect the owner of the original logo to object. They do have a trademark case, and Fiverr’s action seems fair. There is a clear and undeniable connection between both logos.

Like I said, the similarities to the airbnb logo are uncanny, and do appear (to the rest of us) to be a flipped copy. The original logo is incredibly unique. A good logo designer needs to know the designs that are already out there, in order to avoid replicating them.

I am a professional logo designer as well – for over 15 years in fact.

To be honest, I don’t see this fact after watching some.

The odds of accidentally creating a logo so incredibly similar to such a popular, well-known, unique logo are astronomical. You would have to have, indeed, seen the airbnb logo in order to create the flipped duplicate. Unfortunately, you can’t do that in the logo design world, and not expect the owner of the original logo to object. They do have a trademark case, and

Fiverr’s action seems fair. There is a clear and undeniable connection between both logos.

There’s a connection, It’s %100 similar. but if the action seems fair to you, then you are defending fiverr for some reason maybe.

OK I see it, I know it, and I copied it at the worst case. fiverr warned me once and the logo was denied. Isn’t enough? You can’t believe I don’t remember what happened while designing this logo.

The odds of accidentally creating a logo so incredibly similar to such a popular, well-known, unique logo are astronomical. You would have to have, indeed, seen the airbnb logo in order to create the flipped duplicate. Unfortunately, you can’t do that in the logo design world, and not expect the owner of the original logo to object. They do have a trademark case, and

Fiverr’s action seems fair. There is a clear and undeniable connection between both logos.

There’s a connection, It’s %100 similar. but if the action seems fair to you, then you are defending fiverr for some reason maybe.

OK I see it, I know it, and I copied it at the worst case. fiverr warned me once and the logo was denied. Isn’t enough? You can’t believe I don’t remember what happened while designing this logo.

Do you have any idea how expensive and damaging it is for a company if it turns out that their logo has been stolen from somewhere else? It could destroy a company. You think that you should be able to gamble with someone’s business like that and get away with just a warning?

As for the first warning, I think it was pretty fair too as per the rules.

You accepted it to be rejected due to it being similar to a well known logo already in use? I think you must have been subconsciously tired of working on fiverr. Or you had seen the other logo and then forgot you saw it.

already in use?

The final layout of the logo isn’t similar. It might be the reason why I thought it can be accepted. Apple uses an apple in their logo. Does it mean you can never use an apple in another logo but with different layout?

I don’t really remember.

|

This comment makes no sense.

Unfortunately, Fiverr was correct to take the action that they did based upon whomever reported your similar/copied logo. My previous explanation, therefore, remains valid. You cannot take a popular existing logo, flip it upside down, copy it, and consider that a new logo of your own creation. That’s not appropriate, and can, indeed, be an illegal breach of trademark.

fiverr warned me once and the logo was denied. Isn’t enough?

Your THREE total warnings are what got your account “denied”. Your warning for trademark infringement on this logo was likely the final straw.

You can’t believe I don’t remember what happened while designing this logo.

I’m confused. So… you did remember copying that popular logo?

It would have been a disaster had that been allowed to be on the logomaker and people purchased it.

And since you were the copyright holder per fiverr’s terms for that, you would have been the one to be found liable.

As bad as being banned is for you it could have been a lot worse.

It would have been a disaster had that been allowed to be on the logomaker and people purchased it.

And since you were the copyright holder per fiverr’s terms for that, you would have been the one to be found liable.

As bad as being banned is for you it could have been a lot worse.

It’s not a worldwide crisis as you think. Although my logo is similar to bnb’s It’s created in differently and It can be used as it is.

At the worst case, Fiverr can have some people who are familiar ALL THE LOGOS in the worldwide " Including startups" and make them reject ones with similarities.

Archived