Gig feedback and reviews

mjensen415

They’ve added the ability for sellers to reply to buyers’ feedback, but that’s in addition to the current system - it’s not going back to how it was.

The initial review from the buyer, and then the seller, will still be blind. Only then will the seller be able to see the buyer’s feedback to leave a reply.

Ohh. I think I got it wrong when I read the announcement. So the seller’s blind review gets posted on the buyer’s profile and the non-blind one is retained on the seller’s page, is it?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest merciavideo

Ohh. I think I got it wrong when I read the announcement. So the seller’s blind review gets posted on the buyer’s profile and the non-blind one is retained on the seller’s page, is it?

the seller’s blind review gets posted on the buyer’s profile

Yep!

the non-blind one is retained on the seller’s page, is it?

Think so. 🙂

So, I just had a weird thing happen: I got a notification that a buyer left a review.
I looked at the app and was surprised that I can see the 5* and the review text, then realized that it must be one of those blind reviews for an order delivered a while ago.

Checking on desktop confirmed, the delivery was Oct 12th.
Now, on desktop, I do not have the option to review the buyer (as it seems to be intended if you don’t “review back” before the 10 or 14 or however many days are up and the buyer review pops up either way) but on the app, I do have the option to review.

Just a bug, or did the app get some update that the desktop didn’t, or…?

And if the app got the phase 2 update, is this review that I can type in now the review that is supposed to appear on the buyer’s profile or my chance to reply to the buyer review (in case it would have been bad and needed explanation)?

I have been a seller on Fiverr since 2012. Over 4000 positive reviews.

I just got an unexpected bad review from a buyer. What he wrote was unjustified because the issue was it his end (his website is not well optimized for mobile devices). I could not see what his review was because of the updates you made. Of course, I was expecting everything to be OK, so I gave him 5 stars saying “Thank you”

And then - surprise! “The buyer left you a 2.7 start rating” A thunder from the bright sky!

I did everything right, he is the only person to blame for his dissatisfaction.

So now everybody will think that I did a poor job while in fact I went over and above to make him the app and I did a really great job. How will you protect us, sellers from reviews like these? I wrote to the buyer but in the resolution center I don’t see an option to modify the feedback anymore???

Not fair, @mjensen415 . Not fair at all. Innocent people like me suffer because of this.

It happened to me once… I received an order, worked on it according to the details provided by the buyer, all good… I delivered… No modification request (I accept up to 2 modification requests)… Then the review: 1 star… why?: “The work was great, but we will not work with this seller anymore since it is intolerant upon some topics”… What? In the 1st place, In my gig description is clearly stated which topics I don’t work on (both in writing and translating); I cannot be forced to like what others like if I just don’t, that’s why I notify that in advance and yet that buyer ordered me, so it was supposed that he was ok with that! 2nd, The order delivered did not even had to do at all with what she was “complaining”, nor he said a thing during the course of the order but after completion! I mean, again…what??? So, I know that a review should not be for saying things about an order in specific, but I learned from this awful experience that there are people that… I’m not sure if they deserve to be called that way.

Having said that, of course, I told that person a lot of things in my review - polite, but firmly- (the blind review was not there at that moment) and, although it did not change anything and I got affected by that bad rating, I stated something for other possible buyers too, so they did not get me wrong. Well, c’est la vie

Just the other day a buyer bought something off me that I don’t provide - without prior consultation. My gig says - very clearly - to contact me BEFORE placing certain types of orders. Rather than cancel (the current bigger of three evils) - I explained to him the reasons why he needed to contact me prior to ordering (which involve a glitch in a platform I post lots of ads for, that is beyond my control) - and to please read through gig descriptions. He said it was fine and to go ahead with the gig - he understood.

After all was said and done - although I did exactly as my gig says I will, on time, communication throughout - he gave me a 4.5 star review - 2 docked off of “service as described” and “would buy again or recommend”…

Highly annoying because he didn’t read my gig description. ordered a service I am reluctant to provide… THEN when it didn’t go as he planned, gave me a less than stellar review - based on things out of my control.

I should have had the option to cancel… without it being an issue… as he didn’t follow instructions. But when i have to weigh out my weakest analytic, and decisions based on that - it makes for a very uncomfortable and bitter transaction.

So, I just had a weird thing happen: I got a notification that a buyer left a review.

I looked at the app and was surprised that I can see the 5* and the review text, then realized that it must be one of those blind reviews for an order delivered a while ago.

Checking on desktop confirmed, the delivery was Oct 12th.

Now, on desktop, I do not have the option to review the buyer (as it seems to be intended if you don’t “review back” before the 10 or 14 or however many days are up and the buyer review pops up either way) but on the app, I do have the option to review.

And if the app got the phase 2 update, is this review that I can type in now the review that is supposed to appear on the buyer’s profile or my chance to reply to the buyer review (in case it would have been bad and needed explanation)?

And if the app got the phase 2 update, is this review that I can type in now the review that is supposed to appear on the buyer’s profile or my chance to reply to the buyer review

I would try it to see what happens with some generic meaningless review.

I hope you post what happens if you do try it! Thank you for posting this, sounds interesting.

And if the app got the phase 2 update, is this review that I can type in now the review that is supposed to appear on the buyer’s profile or my chance to reply to the buyer review

I would try it to see what happens with some generic meaningless review.

I hope you post what happens if you do try it! Thank you for posting this, sounds interesting.

Yeah it’s either a bug or the UI design is a bit lacking as wasting your time. Both clicking the stars or typing in a review and then clicking the stars leads to an error pop-up telling you something went wrong and to try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Weird. I received a pop up notification that said “Buyer left feedback on their order”, nothing special. But when I checked the notification menu, it instead said that “The buyer left a 5 star review”. :thinking: A bug perhaps or reverted change? It wouldn’t be the first time the pop up notification shows a different message than the notification menu, so smells like a bug.

Especially if the pop up shows a message a buyer had left days ago, the notification menu instead says it was automatically completed.

Over the last few weeks, there have been many threads about feedback and user reviews. As mentioned earlier, the team has been working to roll out some updates to make sure the review system is something that works for everyone.

I’d like to announce we’re beginning the second phase of double-blind reviews:

• We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.
  • We will add the option to respond to a buyer’s review after the review was published. the response will appear under the buyer’s review in the gig page.

As always, the best way to address and understand the buyer’s needs and to guarantee their satisfaction is through communication before and during the order. The buyer’s review process is done on a completed order - and it isn’t the place to start addressing buyer’s issues and inquiries on the order.

These evolutions will be rolled out in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open for them. As always, comment with ideas, suggestions, and feedback here in the forum.

• We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.
  • We will add the option to respond to a buyer’s review after the review was published. the response will appear under the buyer’s review in the gig page.

Hi there, any update about the second phase? Everything still looks like phase 1 to me.

Also, another point of the Community Commitment manifesto, the block button. I’ve seen it a few times both on buyer profiles as well as on the profiles of people who messaged but hadn’t yet ordered, but it seems gone again for the latter. Is it supposed to be so volatile, or has it been rolled back for people who only messaged again?

Over the last few weeks, there have been many threads about feedback and user reviews. As mentioned earlier, the team has been working to roll out some updates to make sure the review system is something that works for everyone.

As always, the best way to address and understand the buyer’s needs and to guarantee their satisfaction is through communication before and during the order. The buyer’s review process is done on a completed order - and it isn’t the place to start addressing buyer’s issues and inquiries on the order.

These evolutions will be rolled out in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open for them. As always, comment with ideas, suggestions, and feedback here in the forum.

As mentioned earlier, the team has been working to roll out some updates to make sure the review system is something that works for everyone.

If so then it will really be appreciable. Hope it will be fast.

We will add the option to respond to a buyer’s review after the review was published. the response will appear under the buyer’s review in the gig page.

Does this exist yet? It’s been a month.

I want to respond to a buyer’s feedback and see no link or button that allows me to do this on the order page.

Can someone please help?

Thank you!

Any news? One moth has passed (well… we can still count this as “few weeks”)
Today the new review system would be very usefull for me… I had qute unpleasant buyer and I gave him 5 stars like a fool. I feel lost and dumb now.

I’m curious is there any chance to be able to refer to near-past reviews right after the system changes…

I don’t know if this is against the rules or not. But now… I’m mentioning clearly in all my feedback for clients that “this is a blind feedback” due to Fiverr’s awful and illogical latest update. That’s the best I can do, to avoid looking like an idiot when I leave a 5 stars rating for a buyer who gives low ratings and asking questions in their reviews instead of contacting me first!!

I hope this shows everyone reading the reviews who’s fault this is. It doesn’t help anyone in any way or form. Can’t wait for Fiverr to fix this weird and unprofessional situation.

If Fiverr wishes to actually improve the system for everyone… they should allow sellers to see buyers reviews and give both sides at least 24 hours to respond to negative reviews - anything lower than 3 stars - by contacting the buyer to solve any issues or misunderstandings, then publish the review automatically whatever it is.

Everyone is against manipulating reviews. But that doesn’t mean Fiverr does that and manipulate reviews themselves. Because this is what’s happening now. Fiverr is manipulating the reviews system but obviously unsuccessfully ! The question here is … WHY ?! Why re-invent the wheel? All major websites and stores online have reviews system that is fair, logical and works automatically. They do their best to fight fake reviews and manipulation but no one - no one - is using this blind feedback thing because it’s the most stupid and unfair idea ever. Doesn’t help anyone at all. It makes the website looks unprofessional and gives both buyers and sellers worst experience imaginable. Sellers look stupid, Fiverr looks stupid, and buyers get more headache from sellers about their reviews. So who benefits from all that? Only one side. Sellers who corrupt competitor’s gigs by spamming them with negative reviews and doesn’t care about any of this, they leave fake negative feedback and disappear. This system only helps manipulators and spammers, no one else.

Personally I do my work with the best I can and only check reviews for guidance to improve the quality of my work. I never asked for a review ever because I think good work speaks for itself, if someone doesn’t leave a review there are many more who will. At the moment, I will just have to ignore buyers reviews completely or mention clearly that my review is a blind feedback.

Glad to hear that Fiverr is aware of the bad impact of this decision and planning to correct it. I hope it happens as soon as possible.

Thank you for listening to our opinions and providing this forum for us to share our thoughts and ideas. Appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Wohoo! 🥳 Soon, we will not only be able to respond to buyers’ reviews after they have been posted (back to how it was before the blind review thing came along) but also check out the reviews that other sellers leave for buyers?

This is wonderful news! The Fiverr Gods have listened! Kudos!

Please clear to me. Review process again will be like previous process? I mean seller can see buyer’s review before giving their own review about buyer.

Please clear to me. Review process again will be like previous process? I mean seller can see buyer’s review before giving their own review about buyer.

I mean seller can see buyer’s review before giving their own review about buyer.

No. From what I understood after reading the OP’s post, it will still be a blind review system: seller will not be able to see buyer’s review before giving their own review.

I mean seller can see buyer’s review before giving their own review about buyer.

No. From what I understood after reading the OP’s post, it will still be a blind review system: seller will not be able to see buyer’s review before giving their own review.

Then for what amazing thing you said wow

Wohoo! 🥳 Soon, we will not only be able to respond to buyers’ reviews after they have been posted (back to how it was before the blind review thing came along) but also check out the reviews that other sellers leave for buyers?

image.png.0d65e7295a57ebd58e0f58a6e82166ab.png

I never use the word “wow” in my post. Here’s what I said:

Wohoo! 🎉 Soon, we will not only be able to respond to buyers’ reviews after they have been posted (back to how it was before the blind review thing came along) but also check out the reviews that other sellers leave for buyers?

Do you see the word “wow” anywhere? I don’t. :man_shrugging:

If you read the OP’s post carefully, you would know why I was happy/excited for it. 🙂

I never use the word “wow” in my post. Here’s what I said:

Wohoo! 🎉 Soon, we will not only be able to respond to buyers’ reviews after they have been posted (back to how it was before the blind review thing came along) but also check out the reviews that other sellers leave for buyers?

Do you see the word “wow” anywhere? I don’t. :man_shrugging:

If you read the OP’s post carefully, you would know why I was happy/excited for it. 🙂

Sorry not wow. That was wohoo?

Archived