Gig feedback and reviews

mjensen415

Thank you! That’s awesome…🎆

Forgive me, but I am having an ULTRA blonde :blonde_woman: moment… trying to understand this part - "presenting reviews on the buyer’s profile, only "and then us having the ability to respond and the review ALSO appearing on our gig page… Doesn’t that mean the feedback will also be on our page?:thinking:

I’d like to announce we’re beginning the second phase of double-blind reviews:

• We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.
  • We will add the option to respond to a buyer’s review after the review was published. the response will appear under the buyer’s review in the gig page.

reviews on the buyer’s profile, only "and then us having the ability to respond and the review ALSO appearing on our gig page

It sounds like we will have a chance to both review the buyer on his profile page, and also leave a response to their review on our page.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reviews on the buyer’s profile, only "and then us having the ability to respond and the review ALSO appearing on our gig page

It sounds like we will have a chance to both review the buyer on his profile page, and also leave a response to their review on our page.

Yes, that is exactly what it means!

Oooooo nice!! Some accountability that goes both ways! I like it!! 😎

Thank you! That’s awesome…🎆

Forgive me, but I am having an ULTRA blonde :blonde_woman: moment… trying to understand this part - "presenting reviews on the buyer’s profile, only "and then us having the ability to respond and the review ALSO appearing on our gig page… Doesn’t that mean the feedback will also be on our page?:thinking:

• We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.
  • We will add the option to respond to a buyer’s review after the review was published. the response will appear under the buyer’s review in the gig page.

Forgive me, but I am having an ULTRA blonde :thinking: moment… trying to understand this part - "presenting reviews on the buyer’s profile, only "and then us having the ability to respond and the review ALSO appearing on our gig page… Doesn’t that mean the feedback will also be on our page?:thinking:

70394_1.png mjensen415:

From what I understand, reviews will appear on both profiles:

• Buyer’s review on seller’s profiles
  • Seller’s review on buyer’s profiles
  • If seller wants to answer directly to an specific buyer’s review, then both reviews will appear on the seller’s profile

Oooooo nice!! Some accountability that goes both ways! I like it!! 😎

It’s going to be amazing to be able to give nice compliments to the great buyers right on their profiles.

I do not plan to actually use that to do any harm to anyone even if they are horrible buyers.

What this might do is keep the scammer buyers on alert. I think this might cut down on buyer scams. It’s going to help keep them honest.

It’s going to be amazing to be able to give nice compliments to the great buyers right on their profiles.

I do not plan to actually use that to do any harm to anyone even if they are horrible buyers.

What this might do is keep the scammer buyers on alert. I think this might cut down on buyer scams. It’s going to help keep them honest.

Yes! That’s awesome! I love my regular buyers! And always welcome new nice ones too 😍

I like that fact that - if someone was thinking about being foul, and shady, they may rethink it - because it will be visible on their profile as well!

I agree, this is generally my style… This is old, but it’s an example of why being able to explain your side, is super important. This buyer totally misunderstood my gig description- and thought I would post his ad repeatedly on social media for 1 day (all day) - and that he would get 120 k followers out of the deal as well (I don’t sell followers OR promise guarantee anything)… When in fact my gig clearly says I will post post TO an audience of approx 120 k, 1 time over a 24 hour period.

So glad we once again will have the opportunity to explain - because even though the buyer said he misunderstood, and I explained that to CS, they wouldn’t remove the review.

confusedbuyer.JPG.2b82cfdaba614b04202e18b08915ba74.JPG

Over the last few weeks, there have been many threads about feedback and user reviews. As mentioned earlier, the team has been working to roll out some updates to make sure the review system is something that works for everyone.

As always, the best way to address and understand the buyer’s needs and to guarantee their satisfaction is through communication before and during the order. The buyer’s review process is done on a completed order - and it isn’t the place to start addressing buyer’s issues and inquiries on the order.

These evolutions will be rolled out in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open for them. As always, comment with ideas, suggestions, and feedback here in the forum.

We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.

My one concern with this though: If an article buyer is looking at my main profile and they see reviews that say “fantastic cat short story”, or “VO promo video” then they aren’t going to go to my articles gig to order it.

Beyond that, I’m happy with the changes.

We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.

My one concern with this though: If an article buyer is looking at my main profile and they see reviews that say “fantastic cat short story”, or “VO promo video” then they aren’t going to go to my articles gig to order it.

Beyond that, I’m happy with the changes.

They already can see all the reviews as a seller you have gotten on your profile page.

They already can see all the reviews as a seller you have gotten on your profile page.

Oh, you’re right! I don’t even know why I’m concerned about that. I’m working on books for clients at the moment and not accepting article orders. Ha ha!

@ chrisdata

I don’t understand why fiverr not asking us feedback first before they launching any new features. Hey, we’re doing BUSINESS here, a lot of seller work fiverr FULL TIME. It’s their career, money stuff. Not FB, Twitter, IG, or even Youtube, just a social network show off your daily life and ask for likes.

I suggest fiverr at least do a small video/graphics demo on what the new features will be launching, and ask our opinion before launching them. Not forcing us to accept it and become their BETA tester over and over again. This is unProfessional.

Thanks for your valuable advise. I think if fiverr apply this advise we should avoid a lot of problem.

Thanks

Well, they took out something which used to be there for several years, now add it back IN FEW WEEKS of time and you guys already shouting: " Thanks!" " Nice FEATURES!" . “Finally they listen”, etc, etc.

I see why they like us to be a BETA tester. LOL.😏

A bit sound like iPhone user back in the old days, when Apple adds the “copy & paste” feature fanboy already celebrating.

Well, it’s a little bit better but for it to work the seller review should be invisible to the buyer otherwise no seller will rate a customer badly of fear of not getting him back.

I mean if a buyer left you a 5 star review saying I love your work will be back soon and you left him a 3 star rating because he was unresponsive he probably won’t buy anything from you anymore.

and losing the ability to reply to a buyer review is still a big loss. it was a good way for potential buyer to see how a seller react to his reviews.

Well, it’s a little bit better but for it to work the seller review should be invisible to the buyer otherwise no seller will rate a customer badly of fear of not getting him back.

I mean if a buyer left you a 5 star review saying I love your work will be back soon and you left him a 3 star rating because he was unresponsive he probably won’t buy anything from you anymore.

and losing the ability to reply to a buyer review is still a big loss. it was a good way for potential buyer to see how a seller react to his reviews.

for it to work the seller review should be invisible to the buyer otherwise no seller will rate a customer badly of fear of not getting him back.

I absolutely agree.

losing the ability to reply to a buyer review is still a big loss. it was a good way for potential buyer to see how a seller react to his reviews.

They are bringing this back, plus adding a way to put a separate review on the buyer’s profile.

But this will only help when buyer (with low ratings) come inbox first. Because you guys made your algorithm that even a cancellation of an order will de-rank our gig so I seller will have to complete the order and pray for a good review. And whenever I contact customer support regarding this particular thing, they respond "This is how life works, same in fiverr. " wow replies. I nearly stopped contacting fiverr support for any order issues cause whole world know that it is the seller who always suffers at the end.

for it to work the seller review should be invisible to the buyer otherwise no seller will rate a customer badly of fear of not getting him back.

I absolutely agree.

losing the ability to reply to a buyer review is still a big loss. it was a good way for potential buyer to see how a seller react to his reviews.

They are bringing this back, plus adding a way to put a separate review on the buyer’s profile.

thanks for the heads up 🙂 I’m glad to see that we will have the possibility to reply to the review.

it could have saved a lot of stress if this could have been clarified early on.

I had the impression that they changed how they were going to do it by adding our ability to respond to reviews. I knew they would. It is too unworkable without that.

I’m also hoping we get to see our reviews as soon as they are left? And the little pop up that notifies us when we get a 5 star review comes back. For motivation purposes.

You know, @mjensen415, you could have said what phase 2 would be earlier and saved us all a great deal of writing time and bad feels. Great to hear, anyhow!

Like this, it finally makes sense to review buyers, though I guess we’ll have to learn to read between the lines, like with employers’ references.

I’m also hoping we get to see our reviews as soon as they are left?

It’s still called “double-blind review system”, so probably no, unless you leave your review as soon as the other person leaves theirs.

The way this now seems to be going, I’m assuming eventually both sides will be able to leave the first review, and the reviews will either become visible when the other side left theirs, or after (10) days anyway.

Hey!
A good idea to put it on user’s profile rather than with the Gig order completed but it helps sellers in bidding as it shows seller’s reviews and rating and makes it easy to convince the buyer to contact the one who has hight rating and review score, or atleast let it show the number of ratings and reviews so that the buyer develops interest and visits the seller’s profile and see this score, otherwise buyer will have to do a lot of effort to find the right seller.
The review and rating has already been made effective, now seller can only view buyer’s review and rating after publishing his first.

Guest merciavideo

I’m not reviewing anything anymore. I’m done with that.

I’m hoping I’ve got this right - please correct me if 'm wrong. 🙂

1. Buyer leaves blind feedback for seller
  2. Seller then leaves blind feedback for buyer, which goes on buyer’s profile.
  3. Seller can then see the feedback left by the buyer and can reply if they want to.

The buyer doesn’t have a right of reply to their feedback?

There have already been occasions where sellers have regretted leaving poor feedback for buyers as they then felt they’d got it wrong - those buyers, who can’t leave a reply to their feedack, could be lost not only to that one seller, but to Fiverr in general - who wants to be branded as a bad buyer on their profile? Do buyers want a record of their purchases on their profile? Even ebay stopped this years ago by making usernames for individual purchases unidentifiable.

A scorned buyer will not be a returning buyer, will cause all sorts of problems for the seller ‘why did you leave me negative feedback when I left you 5 stars?’, and will be a CS and PR nightmare.

I’m not reviewing anything anymore. I’m done with that.

Don’t blame you!

If I’m a paying customer, I don’t expect to be rated negatively by somebody who’s not had any training in customer services etc. - sellers may be very good at what their gigs offer, but they’re not CS (said with all due respect to sellers BTW). 🙂

Why not do like ebay where buyers can only be left positive reviews - any other issues are handled by CS, not the seller.

Why change what wasn’t broken in the first place, unless ya’ll are going to be taken over and we’re going to a bidding-type of website?

Here’s the issue Fiverr has from my POV - This website is not a bidding site - it’s a place where someone buys a service and they rate based on that service. There is hardly any interaction between buyer and seller BEFORE a transaction takes place (if any at all). So unless Fiverr is going to a bidding system such as other sites then there’s little point in changing a feedback system that has worked for years.

Again, this is my own POV. I’m glad to see that Fiverr is allowing us the rebuttal to the feedback, but I still find the blind review system stupid on a selling service site.

Archived