Gig feedback and reviews

mjensen415

I’m hoping I’ve got this right - please correct me if 'm wrong. 🙂

1. Buyer leaves blind feedback for seller
  2. Seller then leaves blind feedback for buyer, which goes on buyer’s profile.
  3. Seller can then see the feedback left by the buyer and can reply if they want to.

The buyer doesn’t have a right of reply to their feedback?

There have already been occasions where sellers have regretted leaving poor feedback for buyers as they then felt they’d got it wrong - those buyers, who can’t leave a reply to their feedack, could be lost not only to that one seller, but to Fiverr in general - who wants to be branded as a bad buyer on their profile? Do buyers want a record of their purchases on their profile? Even ebay stopped this years ago by making usernames for individual purchases unidentifiable.

A scorned buyer will not be a returning buyer, will cause all sorts of problems for the seller ‘why did you leave me negative feedback when I left you 5 stars?’, and will be a CS and PR nightmare.

I’m not reviewing anything anymore. I’m done with that.

Don’t blame you!

If I’m a paying customer, I don’t expect to be rated negatively by somebody who’s not had any training in customer services etc. - sellers may be very good at what their gigs offer, but they’re not CS (said with all due respect to sellers BTW). 🙂

Why not do like ebay where buyers can only be left positive reviews - any other issues are handled by CS, not the seller.

A scorned buyer will not be a returning buyer, will cause all sorts of problems for the seller ‘why did you leave me negative feedback when I left you 5 stars?’, and will be a CS and PR nightmare.

The main question is: why/when a buyer deserves a bad review?

If a buyer breaks TOS he deserves a bad review and he will understand why he is given a bad review even if he gave you 5 stars! I wouldn’t like this buyer to place another order therefore I don’t mind if he is not happy.

I don’t see any orher reasons for a bad review. I have just read on the forum that a seller left 3 stars to a buyer who was not responsive. I wouldn’t do that. I personaly consider that this situation is completely normal. Our buyers are not available 24h/24 and may be on holidays or working on more important things… We have to deal with that risk and configure our gigs accordingly (delivery time, mandatory requirements…)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest merciavideo

If a buyer breaks TOS he deserves a bad review and he will understand why he is given a bad review even if he gave you 5 stars! I wouldn’t like this buyer to place another order therefore I don’t mind if he is not happy.

I don’t see any orher reasons for a bad review. I have just read on the forum that a seller left 3 stars to a buyer who was not responsive. I wouldn’t do that. I personaly consider that this situation is completely normal. Our buyers are not available 24h/24 and may be on holidays or working on more important things… We have to deal with that risk and configure our gigs accordingly (delivery time, mandatory requirements…)

If a buyer breaks TOS he deserves a bad review

If anyone breaks the ToS it should be up to CS to deal with them, not sellers. Are you really paying 20% of your earnings to do CS’s job for them?

If a buyer breaks TOS he deserves a bad review

If anyone breaks the ToS it should be up to CS to deal with them, not sellers. Are you really paying 20% of your earnings to do CS’s job for them?

I totaly agree with you!

I ALWAYS report them to CS + leave a review with a clear explanation of what happened.

I agree, this is generally my style… This is old, but it’s an example of why being able to explain your side, is super important. This buyer totally misunderstood my gig description- and thought I would post his ad repeatedly on social media for 1 day (all day) - and that he would get 120 k followers out of the deal as well (I don’t sell followers OR promise guarantee anything)… When in fact my gig clearly says I will post post TO an audience of approx 120 k, 1 time over a 24 hour period.

So glad we once again will have the opportunity to explain - because even though the buyer said he misunderstood, and I explained that to CS, they wouldn’t remove the review.

confusedbuyer

and that he would get 120 k followers out of the deal as well

Wow, people expecting to get 120k followers for 5$. LOL :rofl:

Definitively great we can explain ourselves in these sort of situations.

Every buyer ticks a box to confirm that they have read a gig description and supplied all the necessary information a seller needs to get started.

I am sick and tired of orders coming in EVERY week without fail which are beyond preposterous.

This week alone:

• A buyer orders a 350-word blog article. Says in their requirements: “I know this will be a little different to what you usually do.” Then asks for a 1,000-word response to an email they have received from a major IT company regarding their GDPR policy
  • A fellow seller selling a service worded pretty much exactly like mine outsources a huge video to me, regardless of the fact that I explicitly state that I do not offer what they have ordered in my gig.
  • A buyer orders an article on cryptography. Then turns around and says they wanted a Bitcoin price analysis article

Sellers have absolutely no recourse to situations like this. Practical help from CS when dealing with such matters is rarer than a Unicorn egg.

Buyers like this waste massive amounts of time, cause significant stress and impact Fiverr’s bottom line. Why? Because they make sellers like me reluctant to work with any new buyer. Not to mention the fact that these same buyers often leave scathing reviews, even if sellers do deliver but dare ask for extra payment and deadline extensions etc.

So far, it is not reasonable for any seller to call out a buyer like this in a blind review when they can not see or respond to reviews left by such buyers. However, if it transpires that reviews do start appearing on buyer pages, I will be more than willing to go all out pointing out with every single such person, how stressful and exploitative it feels working with them.

At the same time, I will make sure to leave glowing reviews for every single buyer who orders responsibly, communicates pleasantly, and seems to know what they are doing. - Even if I can not see that such a buyer has actually left me a horrid 1-star review.

In doing this. Sellers like myself can potentially start helping other sellers feel safer and less exploited, while also making it painfully clear to some buyers that Fiverr is not some kind of deranged “I can pay for whatever I want and do what the hell I like” pit stop for whatever appalling personality traits they want to project onto the world.

Guest merciavideo

Every buyer ticks a box to confirm that they have read a gig description and supplied all the necessary information a seller needs to get started.

I am sick and tired of orders coming in EVERY week without fail which are beyond preposterous.

This week alone:

• A buyer orders a 350-word blog article. Says in their requirements: “I know this will be a little different to what you usually do.” Then asks for a 1,000-word response to an email they have received from a major IT company regarding their GDPR policy
  • A fellow seller selling a service worded pretty much exactly like mine outsources a huge video to me, regardless of the fact that I explicitly state that I do not offer what they have ordered in my gig.
  • A buyer orders an article on cryptography. Then turns around and says they wanted a Bitcoin price analysis article

Sellers have absolutely no recourse to situations like this. Practical help from CS when dealing with such matters is rarer than a Unicorn egg.

Buyers like this waste massive amounts of time, cause significant stress and impact Fiverr’s bottom line. Why? Because they make sellers like me reluctant to work with any new buyer. Not to mention the fact that these same buyers often leave scathing reviews, even if sellers do deliver but dare ask for extra payment and deadline extensions etc.

So far, it is not reasonable for any seller to call out a buyer like this in a blind review when they can not see or respond to reviews left by such buyers. However, if it transpires that reviews do start appearing on buyer pages, I will be more than willing to go all out pointing out with every single such person, how stressful and exploitative it feels working with them.

At the same time, I will make sure to leave glowing reviews for every single buyer who orders responsibly, communicates pleasantly, and seems to know what they are doing. - Even if I can not see that such a buyer has actually left me a horrid 1-star review.

In doing this. Sellers like myself can potentially start helping other sellers feel safer and less exploited, while also making it painfully clear to some buyers that Fiverr is not some kind of deranged “I can pay for whatever I want and do what the hell I like” pit stop for whatever appalling personality traits they want to project onto the world.

All of what you’ve said, with the removal of the very obvious link to CS at the bottom of Fiverr’s pages, plus the ‘new, new’ review method point to a company who want to do away with CS as much as possible and leave it to buyers and sellers to self-regulate using some sort of weird, blind review system.

Without the ability to argue PayPal chargebacks etc. this is not going to work out well for buyers, sellers or for Fiverr.

This week alone:

I will be more than willing to go all out pointing out with every single such person, how stressful and exploitative it feels working with them.

At the same time, I will make sure to leave glowing reviews for every single buyer who orders responsibly, communicates pleasantly, and seems to know what they are doing.

I think that it is exactly what Fiverr is expecting from us!

I will be more than willing to go all out pointing out with every single such person, how stressful and exploitative it feels working with them.

At the same time, I will make sure to leave glowing reviews for every single buyer who orders responsibly, communicates pleasantly, and seems to know what they are doing.

It looks like fiverr realized that encouraging sellers to publicly bash buyers in reviews might not be a good idea, at least to have those right on your gig pages.

If a buyer flat out lies about me, our communications, and if my gig was completed as outlined in my gig description - they’re getting a bad review.

Misunderstandings - are a different thing. I don’t hold people accountable who truly don’t understand. But buyers need to communicate PRIOR to delivery if they have issues or concerns… I communicate throughout all my transactions to avoid misunderstandings. If they don’t communicate back THEN gives me a bad review, I’ll be ticked. I feel like that person’s intent was to be – well… unreasonable and rude.🤨

Does anyone know if they’ve announced anything regarding bringing back feedback modification?
I would really like to have that option back as well. I’m not particularly fond of incurring Tos violations for merely wanting my buyer to change his review because of his own asshattedness.

I kid you not. One buyer closed an order and gave me 2 stars because I took literally 15 minutes to reply back to him. Not an hour, not a day. And he didn’t even utilise the revision provision I had provided him with, despite me speaking/writing to him about it multiple times across my initial delivery message.

And then, after I inboxed him and asked him why he’d given me that abysmal rating despite me delivering exactly what he had wanted, he had the audacity to tell me that he did that because “he was in a wrong mood”. A wrong mood, ffs. I took it to CS, they took it as me “manipulating my buyer” (since I’d expressed my sincere distaste for his mood swings in the inbox conversation to him and had asked that he change the review, obviously) and sent me this, in response to my elaborate ticket:

“If there is a difference of opinion regarding a feedback left by a buyer, then we suggest contacting the buyer to understand how they rated your services.”

I mean…there’s nothing to understand from this. He had a “mood swing” because I kept him waiting for 15 minutes, didn’t utilise the revision provision that was spoken/written about and left me with an unwarranted 2 stars, that could very well demote me in the next evaluation.
And I gave him a 5-star review because of the miracle that is now, the (hopefully ex) blind system.

The worst bit is, I finally got through to him as well.
He finally understood that he’d made a mistake that could hurt my position as a seller on the site and was even willing to change his review.
Too bad that all I ended up getting was an almost-violation.

Ah well. Au revoir, Level 2.

Thank you! That’s awesome…🎆

Forgive me, but I am having an ULTRA blonde :blonde_woman: moment… trying to understand this part - "presenting reviews on the buyer’s profile, only "and then us having the ability to respond and the review ALSO appearing on our gig page… Doesn’t that mean the feedback will also be on our page?:thinking:

I’d like to announce we’re beginning the second phase of double-blind reviews:

• We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.
  • We will add the option to respond to a buyer’s review after the review was published. the response will appear under the buyer’s review in the gig page.

I don’t understand this at all, i am lost people are happy so i am assuming it is good?

But i am lost i understand none of it

OK, Let see how it turned out first, I won’t be so happy too early just yet.

#fingercross

These evolutions will be rolled out in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open for them. As always, comment with ideas, suggestions, and feedback here in the forum.

I don’t understand why fiverr not asking us feedback first before they launching any new features. Hey, we’re doing BUSINESS here, a lot of seller work fiverr FULL TIME. It’s their career, money stuff. Not FB, Twitter, IG, or even Youtube, just a social network show off your daily life and ask for likes.

I suggest fiverr at least do a small video/graphics demo on what the new features will be launching, and ask our opinion before launching them. Not forcing us to accept it and become their BETA tester over and over again. This is unProfessional.

Thank you fiverr for your valuable advise.

I have been a seller on Fiverr since 2012. Over 4000 positive reviews.

I just got an unexpected bad review from a buyer. What he wrote was unjustified because the issue was it his end (his website is not well optimized for mobile devices). I could not see what his review was because of the updates you made. Of course, I was expecting everything to be OK, so I gave him 5 stars saying “Thank you”

And then - surprise! “The buyer left you a 2.7 start rating” A thunder from the bright sky!

I did everything right, he is the only person to blame for his dissatisfaction.

So now everybody will think that I did a poor job while in fact I went over and above to make him the app and I did a really great job. How will you protect us, sellers from reviews like these? I wrote to the buyer but in the resolution center I don’t see an option to modify the feedback anymore???

Not fair, @mjensen415 . Not fair at all. Innocent people like me suffer because of this.

Guest jasonwoodman

I can see heated conversations happening pre review. Both party’s agreeing on 5 stars before reviews. Which not only puts the seller in a vulnerable position having to bend to the buyers every whim but also screws with the accuracy.
Woe betide the one that doesn’t stick to the pre-agreement.

That being said. there’s no perfect solution. No reviews at all might weirdly be better lol

I have been a seller on Fiverr since 2012. Over 4000 positive reviews.

I just got an unexpected bad review from a buyer. What he wrote was unjustified because the issue was it his end (his website is not well optimized for mobile devices). I could not see what his review was because of the updates you made. Of course, I was expecting everything to be OK, so I gave him 5 stars saying “Thank you”

And then - surprise! “The buyer left you a 2.7 start rating” A thunder from the bright sky!

So now everybody will think that I did a poor job while in fact I went over and above to make him the app and I did a really great job. How will you protect us, sellers from reviews like these? I wrote to the buyer but in the resolution center I don’t see an option to modify the feedback anymore???

Not fair, @mjensen415 . Not fair at all. Innocent people like me suffer because of this.

So now everybody will think that I did a poor job while in fact I went over and above to make him the app and I did a really great job.

This is why blind man’s buff and pin the tale on the donkey has been banned in UK schools since 1992. Going into things blind just ends up with everyone getting a black eye at some point.

If the news from Fiverr staff is correct, you will be able to defend yourself against reviews like this, by explaining your side of the story in future. Now, though, you might just have to swallow your bad review and keep your fingers crossed that you don’t get another one.

I can see heated conversations happening pre review. Both party’s agreeing on 5 stars before reviews. Which not only puts the seller in a vulnerable position having to bend to the buyers every whim but also screws with the accuracy.

Woe betide the one that doesn’t stick to the pre-agreement.

That being said. there’s no perfect solution. No reviews at all might weirdly be better lol

There was nothing wrong with the previous system. It was working OK, and Fiverr needs to allow sellers like me to work things out with a buyer who has no idea why he is giving me a poor rating.

Maybe he just had a bad day at home, and now I get to suffer for something I did not do?

And I can’t even defend myself ???

Responding to reviews blindfolded???

Seriously Fiverr?

Archived