IS THIS ALLOWED?

jakzarabiawsiec

Question

I have a question. I acquire clients for my services from Discord. First, I ask them a few questions about a given service and briefly discuss the project with them. After thad I  redirect them to purchase on fiverr and continues the conversation there.

Is this allowed?

I heard that you can't communicate with the customer outside the fiverr. But I'm writing to them before they start the order on discord, is that allowed?

• Like 5

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jakzarabiawsiec said:

I have a question. I acquire clients for my services from Discord. First, I ask them a few questions about a given service and briefly discuss the project with them. After thad I  redirect them to purchase on fiverr and continues the conversation there.

Is this allowed?

I heard that you can't communicate with the customer outside the fiverr. But I'm writing to them before they start the order on discord, is that allowed?

You can bring your external customers to Fiverr. However, taking your Fiverr customers off the platform is not allowed. Fiverr wants to keep that 20% commission. 🙂

• Like 8

14 hours ago, jakzarabiawsiec said:

Yes, but if I talk to them via discord and not via fiverr, is it legal? Or maybe I should arrange everything with them via fiverr right away?

As @smashradio said, it's completely aligned with the TOS and generally not a problem. However, we know that a lot of things, including 'communication part' are tracked by Fiverr's AI algorithm, and there can always be some false positives. We can't be 100% sure that AI won't "falsely" flag your account for a TOS violation -- so it's recommended to keep all chats on Fiverr (if your buyer agrees, of course).

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jakzarabiawsiec said:

maybe I should arrange everything with them via fiverr right away?

It might be for the best. Among other reasons, if you talk to your buyer via Discord, Fiverr's AI might think that you didn't communicate with them enough (because it only tracks conversations on Fiverr), and you might get a lower success score because of that.

• Like 4

Fiverr asks that you keep all communications on Fiverr
Pros are allowed to move communications wherever they want AFTER an order has been placed. 
HOWEVER, Fiverr can't see what you chat about elsewhere and chatting off Fiverr is one of the first things scammers will try to do. 
Additionally, if someone pulls a bait and switch ("No I never agreed to that"), unless you have proof of that conversation on Fiverr, their support won't be able to do much. If you DO communicate with a client outside, I recommend recapping conversations in your Fiverr chat, and only after an offer has been accepted. I have had this experience on other platforms.

• Like 3