Gig feedback and reviews

mjensen415

Nice! Buyer having their own reviews and sellers being able to respond to a review seems like solid improvements.

But what about buyers that lie or are ignorant? They are silent usually, and only tell a lie in their review after a smooth transaction. It would be very important to let the seller warn other sellers that they are lying. They slip right through the web.

That seller response should also show up in the buyer’s profile, and not only on the gig’s page.

Every buyer ticks a box to confirm that they have read a gig description and supplied all the necessary information a seller needs to get started.

That as well. Why is that even a thing? Customer support said a buyer is allowed to lie/tell about how they didn’t receive something the gig description says is not provided by the gig, or doesn’t provide all the information asked.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m hoping I’ve got this right - please correct me if 'm wrong. 🙂

1. Buyer leaves blind feedback for seller
  2. Seller then leaves blind feedback for buyer, which goes on buyer’s profile.
  3. Seller can then see the feedback left by the buyer and can reply if they want to.

The buyer doesn’t have a right of reply to their feedback?

There have already been occasions where sellers have regretted leaving poor feedback for buyers as they then felt they’d got it wrong - those buyers, who can’t leave a reply to their feedack, could be lost not only to that one seller, but to Fiverr in general - who wants to be branded as a bad buyer on their profile? Do buyers want a record of their purchases on their profile? Even ebay stopped this years ago by making usernames for individual purchases unidentifiable.

A scorned buyer will not be a returning buyer, will cause all sorts of problems for the seller ‘why did you leave me negative feedback when I left you 5 stars?’, and will be a CS and PR nightmare.

I’m not reviewing anything anymore. I’m done with that.

Don’t blame you!

If I’m a paying customer, I don’t expect to be rated negatively by somebody who’s not had any training in customer services etc. - sellers may be very good at what their gigs offer, but they’re not CS (said with all due respect to sellers BTW). 🙂

Why not do like ebay where buyers can only be left positive reviews - any other issues are handled by CS, not the seller.

That the same thing i said in my thread, nice to know that i am not alone

Nice! Buyer having their own reviews and sellers being able to respond to a review seems like solid improvements.

But what about buyers that lie or are ignorant? They are silent usually, and only tell a lie in their review after a smooth transaction. It would be very important to let the seller warn other sellers that they are lying. They slip right through the web.

That seller response should also show up in the buyer’s profile, and not only on the gig’s page.

Every buyer ticks a box to confirm that they have read a gig description and supplied all the necessary information a seller needs to get started.

That as well. Why is that even a thing? Customer support said a buyer is allowed to lie/tell about how they didn’t receive something the gig description says is not provided by the gig, or doesn’t provide all the information asked.

It would be very important to let the seller warn other sellers that they are lying.

It seems to me that this update would allow you to do that:

• We will add the option to respond to a buyer’s review after the review was published. the response will appear under the buyer’s review in the gig page.

• We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.

It would be very important to let the seller warn other sellers that they are lying.

It seems to me that this update would allow you to do that:

• We will add the option to respond to a buyer’s review after the review was published. the response will appear under the buyer’s review in the gig page.

• We will start presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore) to give seller better visibly to whom they are working with.

Perhaps. To me it seems it would be only on the gig’s page, which would not help other sellers. But time will tell!

Perhaps. To me it seems it would be only on the gig’s page, which would not help other sellers. But time will tell!

I guess i don’t understand what you mean. The OP specifically says " presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore" so I can’t see any room for that to mean the opposite. Maybe I am misunderstanding you.

I guess i don’t understand what you mean. The OP specifically says " presenting reviews on buyers in the buyer’s profile (and only there, not in the gig page anymore" so I can’t see any room for that to mean the opposite. Maybe I am misunderstanding you.

@fonthaunt I think what @adsensewizard is trying to say, is that the seller’s reply to the buyer’s review should also show up on the buyer’s profile.

@adsensewizard that would make no sense to anyone as as reply should match what someone said before you. That’s why your reply only will show up on the gig where the buyer left the review.

What will be shown on the buyer’s profile, will be YOUR blind review on the buyer so, if you consider sellers must know something about him/her, you should say it in that blind review you will be giving the buyer.

I hope I did understand what you were trying to say and also hope I was able to explain.

@fonthaunt I think what @adsensewizard is trying to say, is that the seller’s reply to the buyer’s review should also show up on the buyer’s profile.

@adsensewizard that would make no sense to anyone as as reply should match what someone said before you. That’s why your reply only will show up on the gig where the buyer left the review.

What will be shown on the buyer’s profile, will be YOUR blind review on the buyer so, if you consider sellers must know something about him/her, you should say it in that blind review you will be giving the buyer.

I hope I did understand what you were trying to say and also hope I was able to explain.

hope I was able to explain.

Aha! I think you might be right.

The main question is: why/when a buyer deserves a bad review?

I am sick and tired of orders coming in EVERY week without fail which are beyond preposterous.

This week alone:

• A buyer orders a 350-word blog article. Says in their requirements: “I know this will be a little different to what you usually do.” Then asks for a 1,000-word response to an email they have received from a major IT company regarding their GDPR policy
  • A fellow seller selling a service worded pretty much exactly like mine outsources a huge video to me, regardless of the fact that I explicitly state that I do not offer what they have ordered in my gig.
  • A buyer orders an article on cryptography. Then turns around and says they wanted a Bitcoin price analysis article

Sellers have absolutely no recourse to situations like this. Practical help from CS when dealing with such matters is rarer than a Unicorn egg.

Buyers like this waste massive amounts of time, cause significant stress and impact Fiverr’s bottom line. Why? Because they make sellers like me reluctant to work with any new buyer. Not to mention the fact that these same buyers often leave scathing reviews, even if sellers do deliver but dare ask for extra payment and deadline extensions etc.

So far, it is not reasonable for any seller to call out a buyer like this in a blind review when they can not see or respond to reviews left by such buyers. However, if it transpires that reviews do start appearing on buyer pages, I will be more than willing to go all out pointing out with every single such person, how stressful and exploitative it feels working with them.

At the same time, I will make sure to leave glowing reviews for every single buyer who orders responsibly, communicates pleasantly, and seems to know what they are doing. - Even if I can not see that such a buyer has actually left me a horrid 1-star review.

In doing this. Sellers like myself can potentially start helping other sellers feel safer and less exploited, while also making it painfully clear to some buyers that Fiverr is not some kind of deranged “I can pay for whatever I want and do what the hell I like” pit stop for whatever appalling personality traits they want to project onto the world.

So far, it is not reasonable for any seller to call out a buyer like this in a blind review when they can not see or respond to reviews left by such buyers. However, if it transpires that reviews do start appearing on buyer pages, I will be more than willing to go all out pointing out with every single such person, how stressful and exploitative it feels working with them.

At the same time, I will make sure to leave glowing reviews for every single buyer who orders responsibly, communicates pleasantly, and seems to know what they are doing. - Even if I can not see that such a buyer has actually left me a horrid 1-star review.

In doing this. Sellers like myself can potentially start helping other sellers feel safer and less exploited, while also making it painfully clear to some buyers that Fiverr is not some kind of deranged “I can pay for whatever I want and do what the hell I like” pit stop for whatever appalling personality traits they want to project onto the world.

And after a buyer gets such a review from a seller, the buyer should reconsider their actions in the future.

Hopefully what you have said is what Fiverr are planning for because that sounds great. I too will start leaving reviews when they show up on Buyer’s profiles and not on mine.

And after a buyer gets such a review from a seller, the buyer should reconsider their actions in the future.

Hopefully what you have said is what Fiverr are planning for because that sounds great. I too will start leaving reviews when they show up on Buyer’s profiles and not on mine.

Hopefully they won’t launch into a counter attack.

For this to really work in all cases, sellers need to be able to leave the first review too, though; if we take the average reviewing rate, it’s clear there are plenty of people not reviewing. And not just those who want to be gentle to not so good sellers but also many “better leave no trace” resellers and “bully them into doing more work for me by holding back with the review” people, also especially the really bad apples would quickly learn they just don’t have to leave a review to be safe.

Hence, I’m expecting sellers to be able to leave reviews first as phase 3 or 5 or something.

Over the last few weeks, there have been many threads about feedback and user reviews. As mentioned earlier, the team has been working to roll out some updates to make sure the review system is something that works for everyone.

I’d like to announce we’re beginning the second phase of double-blind reviews:

As always, the best way to address and understand the buyer’s needs and to guarantee their satisfaction is through communication before and during the order. The buyer’s review process is done on a completed order - and it isn’t the place to start addressing buyer’s issues and inquiries on the order.

These evolutions will be rolled out in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open for them. As always, comment with ideas, suggestions, and feedback here in the forum.

Wohoo, this is great news! 😃 I’m still upset that it wasn’t properly defined from the start or rolled our all at once, but thank you for listning to the community 😃

Side note: Of course responding to reviews is not a way to deal with issues that should have been dealt with before or during the order, I don’t know why you felt the need to include that in your post. I don’t think anyone ever implied that it was. Responding to a review is for the benefit of showing professionalism and how you personally interact with buyers - to the affected buyer but perhaps more so to other potential future buyers who read reviews and your responses to them 🙂

So thank you, I think we can safely say that we are collectively very happy! 😃

Wohoo, this is great news! 😃 I’m still upset that it wasn’t properly defined from the start or rolled our all at once, but thank you for listning to the community 😃

Side note: Of course responding to reviews is not a way to deal with issues that should have been dealt with before or during the order, I don’t know why you felt the need to include that in your post. I don’t think anyone ever implied that it was. Responding to a review is for the benefit of showing professionalism and how you personally interact with buyers - to the affected buyer but perhaps more so to other potential future buyers who read reviews and your responses to them 🙂

So thank you, I think we can safely say that we are collectively very happy! 😃

I don’t think anyone ever implied that it was.

A few people did write that it was how they found out there was a problem but of course by the time a review is left that’s too late.

I think they might have meant that most buyers never mention it if they aren’t happy with something and you only find out when they leave a bad review.

I don’t think anyone ever implied that it was.

A few people did write that it was how they found out there was a problem but of course by the time a review is left that’s too late.

I think they might have meant that most buyers never mention it if they aren’t happy with something and you only find out when they leave a bad review.

Really? 😮 I’m surprised that’s how some people would run a business 😛

Really? 😮 I’m surprised that’s how some people would run a business 😛

Buyers who leave a bad review, the few I’ve gotten, never said one word about being unhappy with anything. In fact on the contrary they said they were happy.

Among the rare few who have deep psychological problems, they are not actually unhappy with the service, but have other issues such as intense envy or other reasons to want to slam a seller who provided them with excellent service. They are passive-aggressive and covert. It can be the only way to gain a superior feeling they crave. They also relish displaying victimhood.

Guest merciavideo

Buyers who leave a bad review, the few I’ve gotten, never said one word about being unhappy with anything. In fact on the contrary they said they were happy.

Among the rare few who have deep psychological problems, they are not actually unhappy with the service, but have other issues such as intense envy or other reasons to want to slam a seller who provided them with excellent service. They are passive-aggressive and covert. It can be the only way to gain a superior feeling they crave. They also relish displaying victimhood.

Or they could just have pressed the wrong number of stars on the mobile app by mistake without realising? 😉

Archived