A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

I had someone send long messages asking outright for me to do free work for them.

I asked them to please stop messaging me and thanked them and they blocked me and reported me.

This is why the report button needs to go. I get several messages a week stating simply:

"I need content."

Or:

"How much video?"

Or:

"We need X, send samples of your most relevant work."

I also get at least one person a month place a ‘phantom order.’ They send everything I would need to complete an order as a message. Even if I say that I would be happy to help and send a custom offer, they don’t respond. - At least not until a few days later when they expect me to have their order ready.

Usually, I would respond to super vague messages by saying:

Hi,

Thank you for your message. Sadly, I can’t help with such a vague request. If possible, please give me as full a brief as possible

Strangely, this seems to completely spin people out. Some replies are then super passive aggressive and because of this, I wish I didn’t even have to respond to these messages.

Because a buyer like this has blocked and reported me, I now simply send a questionnaire to all such buyers. It is exactly the same questionnaire I use with off-Fiverr clients. However, problem buyers on Fiverr simply can’t communicate. They have a want of something and expect you to figure out what that want is. In this case, not a single such buyer has (so far) responded to messages after I have started responding this way.

You could say that I scare people away by being more professional than they can handle. 🙂

Maybe do something similar to scare away your own problem buyers. Also, say as little as possible in inbox replies. Your prerogative is not to point out that you do not want to work with a buyer. Your prerogative is to intimidate them into realizing: "Oh 💩 this one is self-aware."

Problem buyers simply can’t handle this. They need immediate yes people and as such, will quietly scamper off to harras another seller.

However, problem buyers on Fiverr simply can’t communicate. They have a want of something and expect you to figure out what that want is

Exactly!!! This is exactly what certain buyers do. Once I notice there are a few communications gaps, I would rather not deal…

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this mean if we get a bad review we cannot leave any response after we see what they said? I think we should be able to do that. The review they leave is how we know if they are unhappy usually.

It’s going to look weird if a seller gives a buyer a great review and then the buyer leaves horrible feedback everyone can see. Potential buyers appreciate seeing how the seller responds to bad reviews.

Good Point - I feel the same 🙂

Feedback That Goes Both Ways Does it?? It seems like you’re killing the Sellers here.

Really terrible idea. I work as a Full Time Fiverr seller and I’m massively disappointed in this as I know many others are too.

If you’re going to to this, please introduce more Fiverr Pro services so that we can work with serious Clients too. This is currently going to be an absolute shambles… And i’m a positive person!

@socialhonor No, we are not. You have nothing to worry about.

The blocking tool is for you, so you will have the option not to work with someone. It’s your basic right, and we are not going to use it against you.

so you will have the option not to work with someone

Actually, that’s partially true. You have the option not to work with someone that you already worked with. You can only block people who purchased a gig from you, but you cannot block people who never purchased from you, which defies the whole purpose of being able to block someone from ordering 😔 You can only block them from re-ordering, but not from placing a first order.

We should be allowed to block someone in Inbox whom we don’t want to work with, and avoid unnecessary cancellations from people who just can’t take “No” for an answer.

so you will have the option not to work with someone

Actually, that’s partially true. You have the option not to work with someone that you already worked with. You can only block people who purchased a gig from you, but you cannot block people who never purchased from you, which defies the whole purpose of being able to block someone from ordering 😔 You can only block them from re-ordering, but not from placing a first order.

We should be allowed to block someone in Inbox whom we don’t want to work with, and avoid unnecessary cancellations from people who just can’t take “No” for an answer.

As you can read in this article, you can also block buyers that never ordered from you before, but sent you a (inbox) message - as part of the Report flow.

Soon, you will be able to block buyers, that never ordered from you but sent you a message, from their profile page as well.

This is a great feature. Does anyone know what the person who is blocked sees when they get blocked? Do they get any message?

Does anyone know what the person who is blocked sees when they get blocked? Do they get any message?

When I got blocked recently, in Inbox I saw the message “X is not accepting messages at this time”, and when I tried checking the user profile it went straight to the homepage like that profile didn’t exist, but when I checked it via Incognito mode, that profile still exists.

So basically you will appear as non-existent on the site, and neither your gigs nor your profile will be visible to the person who blocks you while they are logged into the site.

Does anyone know what the person who is blocked sees when they get blocked? Do they get any message?

When I got blocked recently, in Inbox I saw the message “X is not accepting messages at this time”, and when I tried checking the user profile it went straight to the homepage like that profile didn’t exist, but when I checked it via Incognito mode, that profile still exists.

So basically you will appear as non-existent on the site, and neither your gigs nor your profile will be visible to the person who blocks you while they are logged into the site.

Thank you. I like it. I did want to block someone from ordering today but they were not a previous buyer so that option wasn’t there on their profile. It sounds like that will be added soon.

Thank you. I like it. I did want to block someone from ordering today but they were not a previous buyer so that option wasn’t there on their profile. It sounds like that will be added soon.

This is what I see when I go to your profile. If I report you - would that = block? :thinking:

Don’t worry I’m not testing to see lol 😁

This is what I see when I go to your profile. If I report you - would that = block? :thinking:

Don’t worry I’m not testing to see lol 😁

I don’t see that on anyone’s profiles.

I wonder if people are going to see that and think it’s some kind of message that something is wrong on my profile. It is like a notice that something isn’t right.

Nice to slap something so negative right on my profile.

I don’t see that on anyone’s profiles.

I wonder if people are going to see that and think it’s some kind of message that something is wrong on my profile. It is like a notice that something isn’t right.

Nice to slap something so negative right on my profile.

Hmmmm weird!! I don’t think you should take it personal, because so many of us have that now! It looks kind of like standard procedure. A little too handy, albeit standard.🤐

Guest shahidullah039

Thanks for listening Fiverr. I always appreciate the efforts to help things run smoothly for buyers and sellers alike

When do these changes go into effect?

Things I dig:

The blocking option (nice…even though I JUST found out last month previously it only stopped the person from contacting you but one still could place an order…yikes…glad that’s changed and thankfully I’ve really only had to use this once).

10 days to review…I like this…previously it was what? 30 days?

Evaluation level- I’m with @nikavoice …it’s a start 😉

Since we are talking changes I’ll add some things I would love to be considered…

(not sure if anyone else has issues with the response rate…I had an ongoing convo with a client regarding his project and our interactions went on for a month of back and forth messages). He inboxes me on a new day and I respond by sending him a custom offer (which was accepted) however my response rate shot down simply because I didn’t type words to him (which wasn’t necessary since we had been in communication for so long). Sending someone a custom order should be sufficient as a response.

I’m undecided on the blind feedback change. I’m open though and hope this works well for everyone. I am very communicative with my clients and would be disappointed to know they couldn’t express themselves to me personally vs leaving feedback that could impact my business …perhaps a prompt could be added if a buyer is about to leave a negative rating? "Would you like to contact your seller to resolve this?" (idk just throwing something out there lol). I always want the option to make it right for my clients!

Orders made incorrectly or duplicate orders- Sellers should have the option to have these removed without penalty. For example, if I say on my gig I don’t do s****l or religious content and a buyer places an order with that content, I should be able to refuse it without penalty to me. It would be great to have the option to accept and decline orders (not sure that would ever happen but I’m throwing it out there).

Great updates overall and look forward to more new changes for us! Gracias @mjensen415!

I can’t agree with you any more. You have pointed out my cherished two’s. Every rule should have some conditioned exception." If happens like this … ", the result might change else goes on regular way.

Also the rules and judgment decision must be done by any human not by any machines or AI. That’s all guys.

I’m not quite convinced that the change to a blind review system is good though, see the concerns already voiced above, it would be bad to lose the ability to reply to a bad, or even malicious (whether ‘real’ buyer or competitor) review. (Eta, as I only now saw Eoin’s comment above mine, was still typing while he posted: not to reply “in kind” but to have the chance to explain what might have gone wrong, like buyer didn’t read gig description, ordered 1 piece of X but expected 4 pieces of X and leaves a bad review when he doesn’t get 4, etc.

I agree though that it might be a good deal to sacrifice that if it leads to buyers’ reviews being just as visible on buyers’ profiles.

I agree with Miiila! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m with you on this.

So I just had my first two “blind feedback” reveals yesterday and I fail to see how is this supposed to do anything but add to the overall anxiety of the seller.

It’s not like a buyer who gets repeatedly reviewed as difficult to work with gets penalized in any way (because come on, it’s not gonna happen). It’s not like I can see the buyer’s overall rating based on reviews either.

With all due respect, I really wonder who was the person or the people who thought this blind review system was actually a good idea, especially with there are other, much better and urgent features the we users have requested for months or years. What issue does it solve exactly? Other users have already provided excellent, undeniable arguments against this terrible concept. No matter how you look at it, it doesn’t have any valid logic whatsoever.

The other changes are a step in the right direction, I think. But this blind review system is just not good, at all. Please, please reconsider this.

Archived