A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

I told one today I was busy and can’t answer any more and after waiting a few hours, now is continuing on sending message after message as if she is contemplating placing an order,

When this happens, I just pause my gigs and hide under the kitchen table.

It’s a common trick they try to use but I’m onto them, that they pretend they are seriously thinking about placing an order to keep the responses from me coming.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the new block feature! Thankfully, I haven’t had occasion to need it so far, but I will be glad to know that it’s there when the day comes.

I’m also happy to hear about the 4.7 star requirement. While there are still issues with the new rating system, it’s an improvement. It means there is less of a chance of being demoted due to one bad review.

I’m not a fan of the blind review process, though. The only negative review I’ve received came completely without warning. I received the order and completed everything as described. While there was not much to rate, if I’d had to rate the experience upon delivering my work, I would have given him 5 stars, as I have given all my buyers. Then he left a one-star review. Only after I sent him a message did I find out he either ignored or failed to read my gig description, and he expected to receive several times more work than he actually ordered. I don’t consider that a 5-star experience. I consider that a time to respond to feedback in a constructive way. A blind review about my supposedly great experience when the buyer is unhappy would have made it look like I don’t care about my buyers’ satisfaction, and that couldn’t be further from the truth. I want to be able to address my buyers’ concerns and continue to show them that I care.

The update to the feedback/review system seems like it removes the ability to perform ongoing customer service to our buyers. This is not good!

“If a seller does not review the buyer from a specific transaction, the buyer’s review will be revealed 10 days after order completion. Once the sides have provided their feedback, their reviews will be made public and will be locked from further changes.”

First, I see some sellers sitting on the buyer review for 10 days so they see what the buyer wrote first, thus dragging satisfaction of the order out excessively long.

Also, if the buyer makes a negative review, I could potentially respond to them and either explain the problem or offer to fix it! I can no longer do that publically, and future buyers will get very much the wrong impression of my work.

Example: Buyer asks for 5 things but only pays for 1. I do the job, give a review, then they come back and leave me a horrible one because I didn’t give them the unpaid for work. Now to all future potential buyers, I look like I do not deliver promised work!

Formerly, I could answer the review with something friendly and professional like, “This gig is for 1 thing. If you would like the additional 4, I would be happy to create a custom order for you.” which demonstrates positive customer service.

Now? You are removing my ability to do this, which directly affects my ability to be professional, care about customers, AND attract more business by giving excellent service.

Not happy with this change at all.

Some of that sounds pretty good.

I’m not quite convinced that the change to a blind review system is good though, see the concerns already voiced above, it would be bad to lose the ability to reply to a bad, or even malicious (whether ‘real’ buyer or competitor) review. (Eta, as I only now saw Eoin’s comment above mine, was still typing while he posted: not to reply “in kind” but to have the chance to explain what might have gone wrong, like buyer didn’t read gig description, ordered 1 piece of X but expected 4 pieces of X and leaves a bad review when he doesn’t get 4, etc.

I agree though that it might be a good deal to sacrifice that if it leads to buyers’ reviews being just as visible on buyers’ profiles.

While I’m rather sure sellers will always rate buyers 5* unless they are really horrible, it could be a good warning sign from really horrible buyers, especially with the option to block certain people from ordering. It still could lead to badly rated buyers resorting to always ordering without contact, though, as there’s still no option to accept/not accept an order.

However, if buyers’ reviews won’t bec9me public like sellers’, I think for both sellers and Fiverr, it would be better to stick with the current system instead of blind review.

This could also lead to a “review paralysis”, but we’ll see, I guess.)

What most of us have been waiting for regarding review changes is that the reviews buyers get are visible on their profiles just as for sellers.

And we’d like our hard-earned lifetime reviews back.

While I’m rather sure sellers will always rate buyers 5* unless they are really horrible, it could be a good warning sign from really horrible buyers, especially with the option to block certain people from ordering.

Good point.

Say you have a problem buyer and give them a 4 or 5 out of the kindness of your heart. Then they hammer you with a 1.

This might create bad feelings.

As a recommendation for changes in the Security of your site, I think that 2 factor authentication should be implemented into the site. This is because currently, I’ve heard of users receiving (including myself) tons of files with keyloggers, Macros and other harmful scripts and it would be nice if another layer of password protection is added to the site.

Additionally, the platform should have the option to log out devices (such as smartphones or computers) from the profile. I’ve been robbed 3 times since I work in the platform and, every time I contact support to logout my account from my devices, everything gets a bit problematic. Instead of having a quick option to quickly disable the account from the stolen device, I have to wait hours until a reply and that can cause problems.

As a recommendation for changes in the Security of your site, I think that 2 factor authentication should be implemented into the site. This is because currently, I’ve heard of users receiving (including myself) tons of files with keyloggers, Macros and other harmful scripts and it would be nice if another layer of password protection is added to the site.

Additionally, the platform should have the option to log out devices (such as smartphones or computers) from the profile. I’ve been robbed 3 times since I work in the platform and, every time I contact support to logout my account from my devices, everything gets a bit problematic. Instead of having a quick option to quickly disable the account from the stolen device, I have to wait hours until a reply and that can cause problems.

Most of us have never been hacked because we know not to open docx files or exe files. That’s not hard to remember. I’m lucky that I’ve not lost a device. It takes being careful.

Most of us have never been hacked because we know not to open docx files or exe files. That’s not hard to remember. I’m lucky that I’ve not lost a device. It takes being careful.

For many of us, it’s hardly possible to not open docx files, it’s the default MS Word save file extension, like 99% of my customers send docx files.

I do use an additional virus checker on all files attached to messages from new people and especially such tingling my spidey senses, but not opening docx files isn’t practicable in some categories.

Additionally, the platform should have the option to log out devices (such as smartphones or computers) from the profile. I’ve been robbed

Ooh, sorry to hear that. You could make a separate topic of this in site suggestions, for a higher chance of relevant people seeing it.

True, but being careful is not enough 😕 I was hacked in the beginning times of Fiverr, when browsers still had Java enabled by default, and one malicious potential buyer asked me to check if I can make a report for his website - once I opened his website, whose URL looked normal and had no flags to indicate a scamming attempt whatsoever, I saw a blank page and told him I can’t analyze it.

Suffice it to say that the page had an invisible Java applet that installed a keylogger on my computer, recorded all my typed passwords and the next day I woke up on a Fiverr withdrawal successful email of $200 that I never initiated (when I found the keylogger’s log file, I was shocked to see what it recorded). Of course Fiverr blocked my account after I told them, “for security reasons”, until I could prove I was the owner of the account. That crook still has my money 🤨

No wonder browsers come with Java disabled by default nowadays! But what I’m trying to say is that being careful is not always enough, chance & luck are still involved considering the constantly adapting nature of scammers and hackers 😦

For many of us, it’s hardly possible to not open docx files, it’s the default MS Word save file extension, like 99% of my customers send docx files.

I always rename them to “.zip”, unzip them, find the appropriate XML file that contains the contents, and read it 😛 Or I could just open it in a Virtual Machine that I set up for potential virus cases.

True, but being careful is not enough 😕 I was hacked in the beginning times of Fiverr, when browsers still had Java enabled by default, and one malicious potential buyer asked me to check if I can make a report for his website - once I opened his website, whose URL looked normal and had no flags to indicate a scamming attempt whatsoever, I saw a blank page and told him I can’t analyze it.

Suffice it to say that the page had an invisible Java applet that installed a keylogger on my computer, recorded all my typed passwords and the next day I woke up on a Fiverr withdrawal successful email of $200 that I never initiated (when I found the keylogger’s log file, I was shocked to see what it recorded). Of course Fiverr blocked my account after I told them, “for security reasons”, until I could prove I was the owner of the account. That crook still has my money 🤨

No wonder browsers come with Java disabled by default nowadays! But what I’m trying to say is that being careful is not always enough, chance & luck are still involved considering the constantly adapting nature of scammers and hackers 😦

I always rename them to “.zip”, unzip them, find the appropriate XML file that contains the contents, and read it 😛 Or I could just open it in a Virtual Machine that I set up for potential virus cases.

I’ll have to raise my rates if I want to do that with every docx file I get 😛

I haven’t been personally hacked (while one of my webhosters, a big company, has) even once up to now BTW to my best knowledge, at least no money disappeared anywhere. I also never got robbed up to now, imagining being robbed even 3 times and losing my phone every time… makes me wish for 2FA resp. a way to quickly log out all accounts though for people it happens to, annoying as it might be for those whom never anything happens to.

Archived