A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

That’s something sellers have asked for since 2010, Fiverr clearly has no intention of ever making this happen 😦 (assuming you’re referring to a feature of accepting/rejecting an order, because right now we can’t refuse an order without an impact on our analytics)

Yes, I’m referring to accepting/rejecting orders. It should be the seller’s right to decide as it’s the seller who is running his/her own business.

I hope someday Fiverr gets to understand we all need to be independent and responsable of our business decisions.

I hope someday Fiverr gets to understand we all need to be independent and responsable of our business decisions.

The only way to do this is… If Sellers run their own websites to have freedom. Working under somebody else roof is going to be tough!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For this, we all need to be given the autonomy to decide whether to accept or not the orders , It has nothing to do with blocking.

If this happened, I would bet that many sellers would automatically reject orders from certain entire countries. In this case, your solution could well lead to what some might interpret as outright discrimination.

If this happened, I would bet that many sellers would automatically reject orders from certain entire countries. In this case, your solution could well lead to what some might interpret as outright discrimination.

Fiverr could well stablish certain limits to the freedom of choosing whether to accept/reject orders.

The only way to do this is… If Sellers run their own websites to have freedom. Working under somebody else roof is going to be tough!

It’s true but it is also true that virtue stands in the middle point. If Fiverr would really want to improve the relationship with sellers, surely they could come up with something suitable to both parties.

It’s true but it is also true that virtue stands in the middle point. If Fiverr would really want to improve the relationship with sellers, surely they could come up with something suitable to both parties.

If Fiverr would really want to improve the relationship with sellers

That’s a big IF considering that there’s a clear lack of communication with leading sellers - in the past top sellers and ambassadors had a say in important decisions, Fiverr communicated with them about new features and new tests, now it’s like Fiverr does it all by themselves and ignores what such sellers may think or like.

If Fiverr would really want to improve the relationship with sellers, surely they could come up with something suitable to both parties.

Absolutely! Finding a middle grown would be nice. But I’m not going to hold my breath.

That’s a big IF considering that there’s a clear lack of communication with leading sellers - in the past top sellers and ambassadors had a say in important decisions, Fiverr communicated with them about new features and new tests

I’m curious…

When was the last time TRSes had a say so in upcoming features?

If Fiverr would really want to improve the relationship with sellers, surely they could come up with something suitable to both parties.

Absolutely! Finding a middle grown would be nice. But I’m not going to hold my breath.

That’s a big IF considering that there’s a clear lack of communication with leading sellers - in the past top sellers and ambassadors had a say in important decisions, Fiverr communicated with them about new features and new tests

I’m curious…

I never said TRS 😃 I actually said

top sellers

I know of a few sellers who’ve always had tons of orders (which I refer to as top sellers), and they had a say as Fiverr would reach out to them about new potential features (some of which have never been released after those sellers tested potential new features)

If Fiverr would really want to improve the relationship with sellers

That’s a big IF considering that there’s a clear lack of communication with leading sellers - in the past top sellers and ambassadors had a say in important decisions, Fiverr communicated with them about new features and new tests, now it’s like Fiverr does it all by themselves and ignores what such sellers may think or like.

Sorry for not having an answer for this. Unfortunately, I don’t have a glass ball to know what could be going on… :frowning_face:

I never said TRS 😃 I actually said

top sellers

I know of a few sellers who’ve always had tons of orders (which I refer to as top sellers), and they had a say as Fiverr would reach out to them about new potential features (some of which have never been released after those sellers tested potential new features)

Blah, Top Sellers or whatever title you wanna call 'em. 😛

I’m sure Fiverr is not under any obligation to have Top Sellers have a say so. At the end of the day, they will do what they feel is suitable for their company. They’ll just fliter the extra noise!

I’m curious…

TRS’s get surveys and sometimes get to try new features before anyone else, but for the most part, they don’t have a say.

I’m sure Fiverr is not under any obligation to have Top Sellers have a say so. At the end of the day, they will do what they feel is suitable for their company. They’ll just fliter the extra noise!

They do that at their peril. A happy workforce is a productive workforce, an unhappy workforce hurts the company from within, and desperately seeks other opportunities.

If Fiverr doesn’t listen to Top Sellers, why should any seller trust Fiverr?

Fiverr has an incredibly successful site here. It would take a lot to hurt it. It’s profitable and successful enough that lots of new ideas can be tried out without it affecting the bottom line.

Due to the constant influx of new sellers, and the profits going up every year, fiverr might feel insulated from having to worry about any mistakes. If older sellers leave, if sellers complain about new features, it probably makes no difference in the big picture.

If sellers here think that complaining will make fiverr change things it’s probably just a pretty fantasy.

And as we have seen by fiverr implementing the new so called review of buyers, there is a good chance that if they listen to sellers complaints, changes will be made that actually hurt sellers.

We all have to find ways to just adapt to the changes the best we can.

Blah, Top Sellers or whatever title you wanna call 'em. 😛

Yes, but the point is, Fiverr needs to understand that the company is not a store/shop providing goods. Instead, it provides services for which qualified hand - and not salesmen - is needed.

To ensure buyers, Fiverr needs us. Who if not us would then offer what clients need? It is a body of 3, interrelated, we all need from all of us. Fiverr needs us and we need Fiverr.

Whatever suitable for us, WILL BE suitable for Fiverr as a company because by us pofiting, Fiverr will profit too. It’s basic.

Yes, but the point is, Fiverr needs to understand that the company is not a store/shop providing goods. Instead, it provides services for which qualified hand - and not salesmen - is needed.

To ensure buyers, Fiverr needs us. Who if not us would then offer what clients need? It is a body of 3, interrelated, we all need from all of us. Fiverr needs us and we need Fiverr.

Whatever suitable for us, WILL BE suitable for Fiverr as a company because by us pofiting, Fiverr will profit too. It’s basic.

To ensure buyers, Fiverr needs us.

No they do not. They do not need me, or you or any one of us here. I’m sure you realize that every day probably a thousand new sellers sign up and there will be a percentage of them that are able to do well.

Each of us has at least a hundred capable replacements signing up every week.

All these things that are happening that harm sellers are probably meant try to weed out sellers, reduce the ones who can’t compete.

No they do not. They do not need me, or you or any one of us here. I’m sure you realize that every day probably a thousand new sellers sign up and there will be a percentage of them that are able to do well.

All these things that are happening that harm sellers are probably meant try to weed out sellers, reduce the ones who can’t compete.

probably meant try to weed out sellers, reduce the ones who can’t compete.

Well, a seller can’t compete if they get more bad luck than others in terms of cancellations, bad buyers, etc. Because of some sellers’ lack of luck, Fiverr unfairly weeds them out 😦

TRS’s get surveys and sometimes get to try new features before anyone else, but for the most part, they don’t have a say.

They do that at their peril. A happy workforce is a productive workforce, an unhappy workforce hurts the company from within, and desperately seeks other opportunities.

A happy workforce is a productive workforce, an unhappy workforce hurts the company from within, and desperately seeks other opportunities.

True dat! But happy investors play a crucial part as well.

Good point. Trust is when a person or company shows exceptional reasons why I should put trust in them. My guard is always up, so the trust gotta be earned.

A flip side to this point is. Sometimes, with the changes, it feels as if they are my Employer when they are not paying for my healthcare, if I should become pregnant, :pregnant_woman:t4: they will not offer maternity leave etc. As a Seller, I shouldn’t be feeling this way but I do.

People should realize that we are just bodies, irreplaceable bodies. One wave decides to move on to bigger & better things. The next wave 🌊 bring Sellers eager & enthusiastic about working on this website. Rinse & Repeat!

Also, let us not forget about this looming turn Mr. Maplesden shared.

There have been lots of changes on Fiverr over the last 6 - 7 months - introduction of a new level evaluation system, more marketing of Pro’s, and a realignment of the marketplace. It looks like this is all designed to make the company more attractive as it looks like they’re moving towards an Initial Public Offering (where they go public on the stock market.) Clearly they want to be more attractive to investors, which means showing an increase in revenue, creating more repeat demand for gigs,…

Matt ~ Fiverr Staff member said on several occasions that they do read the forums. I’m sure they take things into consideration. However, waiting an eternity for things to come to fruition is not encouraging. People get bored and concentrate on other business ventures!

Miss Crystal is right in terms of capital Fiverr is sitting comfortably.

Wow, this thread is almost at 5️⃣

probably meant try to weed out sellers, reduce the ones who can’t compete.

Well, a seller can’t compete if they get more bad luck than others in terms of cancellations, bad buyers, etc. Because of some sellers’ lack of luck, Fiverr unfairly weeds them out 😦

Just how much is actually luck is the question. We have to adapt, find ways to make it work no matter what they do.

Of course you’re right though. Great sellers can get slammed with things under this system beyond their control. And I’ve seen it happen quite a bit in surprising ways.

When I say “us”, I mean “those who provides services”.

I don’t know, as I said before, I lack of the crystal ball to know what could be going on Fiverr but, if this were to be true, it is the very nature of free market.

A happy workforce is a productive workforce, an unhappy workforce hurts the company from within, and desperately seeks other opportunities.

Good point. Trust is when a person or company shows exceptional reasons why I should put trust in them. My guard is always up, so the trust gotta be earned.

A flip side to this point is. Sometimes, with the changes, it feels as if they are my Employer when they are not paying for my healthcare, if I should become pregnant, :pregnant_woman:t4: they will not offer maternity leave etc. As a Seller, I shouldn’t be feeling this way but I do.

People should realize that we are just bodies, irreplaceable bodies. One wave decides to move on to bigger & better things. The next wave 🌊 bring Sellers eager & enthusiastic about working on this website. Rinse & Repeat!

There have been lots of changes on Fiverr over the last 6 - 7 months - introduction of a new level evaluation system, more marketing of Pro’s, and a realignment of the marketplace. It looks like this is all designed to make the company more attractive as it looks like they’re moving towards an Initial Public Offering (where they go public on the stock market.) Clearly they want to be more attractive to investors, which means showing an increase in revenue, creating more repeat demand for gigs,…

Matt ~ Fiverr Staff member said on several occasions that they do read the forums. I’m sure they take things into consideration. However, waiting an eternity for things to come to fruition is not encouraging. People get bored and concentrate on other business ventures!

Why should you? You must not feel so as you’re not Fiverr’s employee and Fiverr is not obliged to provide you nothing but the space and enough tools and protection for you to work on. Fiverr is also bound to RESPECT you as what you are - not only for being a person but for being your own boss as a freelancer running your own business. Fiverr is just an intermediary.

Empires decay and auto destroy. If Fiverr were to forget and don’t mind the value of qualified sellers, it won’t last long. Once again, it’s the very nature of free market. Eventually, buyers will stop buying or under buy until one day only low quality buyers will come seeking low quality sellers and that’s not a good perspective, No company can maintain market competitiveness in such terms.

Oh, well, this thread was open by Fiverr staff so I guess it can last much longer than 300 😉

Fiverr has an incredibly successful site here. It would take a lot to hurt it. It’s profitable and successful enough that lots of new ideas can be tried out without it affecting the bottom line.

Due to the constant influx of new sellers, and the profits going up every year, fiverr might feel insulated from having to worry about any mistakes. If older sellers leave, if sellers complain about new features, it probably makes no difference in the big picture.

If sellers here think that complaining will make fiverr change things it’s probably just a pretty fantasy.

And as we have seen by fiverr implementing the new so called review of buyers, there is a good chance that if they listen to sellers complaints, changes will be made that actually hurt sellers.

We all have to find ways to just adapt to the changes the best we can.

Due to the constant influx of new sellers, and the profits going up every year, fiverr might feel insulated from having to worry about any mistakes.

Past a certain point, the size - meant as number of sellers - of a marketplace conceiveid in this way becomes a problem, because the model scales badly or doesn’t scale at all. Pro is little.

They do not need me, or you or any one of us here.

They don’t fear the sellers. If they have to be afraid of something, they probably fear a “foreign” competitor: not a name already on the field but someone that is already big and attractive for investors, because - for example - has already an user base, and/or: a social network, an advertising network, a robust software infrastructure, a reputation, and tons of money. Currently no one in sight, but time runs mercilessly.

What I can’t understand is the Blind feedback system that has been introduced. I have worked for a number of large corporate companies in the UK, and one thing I learnt from them is to deal with negative feedback that have been given through the internet. This in terms of marketing works, as it makes any potential buyer know that the company recognizes the issue and are trying to make amends. Now with the blind review system, this is totally taken away, and potential new customers will be put off by the way we as sellers handle the negative feedback. For instance, I could have done a really good job, had great communications with the buyer and then they leave a negative feedback. In response to his negative feedback, I could be potentially be saying, great buyer and pleasure to work with. NOW, from a customer point of view, who is looking to buy with me, it looks like the seller (me) doesn’t care about my buyers point of view. This is totally against the grain in terms of marketing, and puts us, as a seller in a very awkward situation.

If you take a look at other websites, Argos, Tesco etc etc, when a customer leaves a negative review the company responds to the negative with something that shows that they care. Can you imagine these retail giants suddenly doing blind feedback, NO you won’t, and why? because it simply is not of interest to the business or their customers.

Please can you sort this out Fiverr, as it is totally insane to put in such a system.

I am not saying this because I am a bad seller, in fact most of my customers leave 5* reviews, but like anyone you get customers who don’t give any feedback until the Gig is closed and we are left wondering what to do.

102876_1.png fastcopywriter:

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. If the employees are happy and the company is making money, investors will be happy. However, if the employees or in this case, the freelancers are unhappy, that hurts the brand. Have you looked at Fiverr’s rating on the Better Business Review? It’s really low.

Reputation is everything on the Internet. You google “Fiverr” and you find lots of horror stories from sellers, buyers, jealous competitors, etc.

I know that Fiverr “is gearing up for an initial public offering in the United States that will value the company at $1 billion.”

Source: Haaretz

And I hope they get it, I also hope they remember that being rich on paper is not enough. The real assets of Fiverr are her freelancers, all of us, we’re the ones making Fiverr’s real money, we’re the reason people come here.

It’s just like eBay, if nobody sells on eBay, eBay ceases to exist.

102876_1.png fastcopywriter:

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. If the employees are happy and the company is making money, investors will be happy. However, if the employees or in this case, the freelancers are unhappy, that hurts the brand. Have you looked at Fiverr’s rating on the Better Business Review? It’s really low.

Reputation is everything on the Internet. You google “Fiverr” and you find lots of horror stories from sellers, buyers, jealous competitors, etc.

I know that Fiverr “is gearing up for an initial public offering in the United States that will value the company at $1 billion.”

Source: Haaretz

And I hope they get it, I also hope they remember that being rich on paper is not enough. The real assets of Fiverr are her freelancers, all of us, we’re the ones making Fiverr’s real money, we’re the reason people come here.

It’s just like eBay, if nobody sells on eBay, eBay ceases to exist.

I also hope they remember that being rich on paper is not enough. The real assets of Fiverr are her freelancers, all of us, we’re the ones making Fiverr’s real money, we’re the reason people come here.

👍

Thanks for saying this as I didn’t know how to write those words down! 😃

Some of that sounds pretty good.

I’m not quite convinced that the change to a blind review system is good though, see the concerns already voiced above, it would be bad to lose the ability to reply to a bad, or even malicious (whether ‘real’ buyer or competitor) review. (Eta, as I only now saw Eoin’s comment above mine, was still typing while he posted: not to reply “in kind” but to have the chance to explain what might have gone wrong, like buyer didn’t read gig description, ordered 1 piece of X but expected 4 pieces of X and leaves a bad review when he doesn’t get 4, etc.

I agree though that it might be a good deal to sacrifice that if it leads to buyers’ reviews being just as visible on buyers’ profiles.

While I’m rather sure sellers will always rate buyers 5* unless they are really horrible, it could be a good warning sign from really horrible buyers, especially with the option to block certain people from ordering. It still could lead to badly rated buyers resorting to always ordering without contact, though, as there’s still no option to accept/not accept an order.

However, if buyers’ reviews won’t bec9me public like sellers’, I think for both sellers and Fiverr, it would be better to stick with the current system instead of blind review.

This could also lead to a “review paralysis”, but we’ll see, I guess.)

What most of us have been waiting for regarding review changes is that the reviews buyers get are visible on their profiles just as for sellers.

And we’d like our hard-earned lifetime reviews back.

That is great from you

Blocking certain potential buyers would be ideal. I had an interaction with someone yesterday asking me 99 questions (but going on about 1 in particular), that were already addressed in my gig description… Sooo, alert 🔔X 99 … headache 🤯 … I suggested, she “please go read through my gig description thoroughly and if there’s a question NOT addressed in there that you would like clarified, feel free to get back to me…”

She answered back immediately - obviously having NOT gone and read the gig - which would have answered her question - with “So, what is it?!!!”

I just didn’t answer back… at that point.

One of my HUGEST pet peeves is buyers NOT reading gig descriptions - because they’re the ones who are real quick to give a bad review, because of their own negligence. And I resent that some folks think sellers don’t have a life and are at their beckoned call.

Do I want her ordering from me EVER? No…

Blocking certain potential buyers would be ideal. I had an interaction with someone yesterday asking me 99 questions (but going on about 1 in particular), that were already addressed in my gig description… Sooo, alert 🔔X 99 … headache 🤯 … I suggested, she “please go read through my gig description thoroughly and if there’s a question NOT addressed in there that you would like clarified, feel free to get back to me…”

She answered back immediately - obviously having NOT gone and read the gig - which would have answered her question - with “So, what is it?!!!”

I just didn’t answer back… at that point.

One of my HUGEST pet peeves is buyers NOT reading gig descriptions - because they’re the ones who are real quick to give a bad review, because of their own negligence. And I resent that some folks think sellers don’t have a life and are at their beckoned call.

Do I want her ordering from me EVER? No…

One of my HUGEST pet peeves is buyers NOT reading gig descriptions - because they’re the ones who are real quick to give a bad review, because of their own negligence.

For this and many other examples, is why Fiver should give us the freedom to choose whether to cancel or not an order and leave the blocking for what it’s intended to be. The problem is responsability on business and not everyone knows how to run one. Fiverr depends on us to grow so, if cancelation is abused, that will make Fiverr go downhill and that’s not the idea.

The problem I see on what is going on, is two faces of the same coin. On one hand, there are “buyers” that think that hiring a freelancer is the same as buying in a grocery. This type of people might have never contrated services in their lives. On ther hand, there are “sellers” that don’t even know how to run a business, they don’t see themselves as business owners but as salesmen, clerks, dispatchers - you name it.

The labels Fiverr chose to distinguish us, doesn’t help either. Sellers should be treated as “freelancers”, “independent”, “contractor” or whatever other name it could fit and buyers should be treated as “clients” - I would never treat my real world clients as buyers, a client is more to it than just a buyer.

Also, buyers and sellers should be educated, equally, in what is service contracting and how to conduct business, maybe that could be the first step to Fiverr trusting in us and giving the freedom we need.

One of my HUGEST pet peeves is buyers NOT reading gig descriptions - because they’re the ones who are real quick to give a bad review, because of their own negligence.

For this and many other examples, is why Fiver should give us the freedom to choose whether to cancel or not an order and leave the blocking for what it’s intended to be. The problem is responsability on business and not everyone knows how to run one. Fiverr depends on us to grow so, if cancelation is abused, that will make Fiverr go downhill and that’s not the idea.

The problem I see on what is going on, is two faces of the same coin. On one hand, there are “buyers” that think that hiring a freelancer is the same as buying in a grocery. This type of people might have never contrated services in their lives. On ther hand, there are “sellers” that don’t even know how to run a business, they don’t see themselves as business owners but as salesmen, clerks, dispatchers - you name it.

The labels Fiverr chose to distinguish us, doesn’t help either. Sellers should be treated as “freelancers”, “independent”, “contractor” or whatever other name it could fit and buyers should be treated as “clients” - I would never treat my real world clients as buyers, a client is more to it than just a buyer.

Also, buyers and sellers should be educated, equally, in what is service contracting and how to conduct business, maybe that could be the first step to Fiverr trusting in us and giving the freedom we need.

Very true! I’m not feeling super “independent” at this stage of the game! :thinking:

Archived