In case you wonder why Fiverr is changing, it looks like they're positioning for an IPO

paulmaplesden

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been lots of changes on Fiverr over the last 6 - 7 months - introduction of a new level evaluation system, more marketing of Pro’s, and a realignment of the marketplace.

It looks like this is all designed to make the company more attractive as it looks like they’re moving towards an Initial Public Offering (where they go public on the stock market.)

Clearly they want to be more attractive to investors, which means showing an increase in revenue, creating more repeat demand for gigs, and launching premium services. It also partly explains all of the tests of the platform and changes like greater fees, as they explore variations to drive revenue and profits.

If they go ahead, expect to see more streamlining and a drive towards greater profitability.

Hey, Paul!

Clearly they want to be more attractive to investors, which means showing an increase in revenue, creating more repeat demand for gigs, and launching premium services. It also partly explains all of the tests of the platform and changes like greater fees, as they explore variations to drive revenue and profits.

I’m not surprised at all about the IPO, I’ve had little 🐦 birdies whispering in my ear about this move. It’s all about revenue and I can’t blame 5r for wanting to take the big plunge into the IPO pool.

One thing worth noting here is that if any of the reports are true, Fiverr will start cleaning up house.

A publicly traded company cannot have copyright infringing gigs on its pages making them money.

So be on the look out for a major operation in the coming months where shady gigs will go “poof” repeat offenders banned and scammers will be shown the door.

I totally, agree! :ok_hand:t4:

Over the past few months, they’ve really been cleaning house with disinfectants. It seems like minor infractions turn into full bans, so time is of the essence at this point.

Can a company not based in America be on the NY stock exchange?

Absolutely, yes!

Hopefully fiverr sellers will be offered initial shares of the IPO before it is available to the public. 🤑

Most folks fingers are crossed, :crossed_fingers:t4: I’d definitely buy some shares. 😄

I don’t see how unfairly demoting a highly profitable top seller, pausing gigs without warning for unfair reasons (they told me I had the same picture for my gig and needed to change them. They could have just message me about it first). Suspending my girlfriend’s account for something untrue and without evidence (they said she has more than two accounts) could help towards this.

This will only draw away good sellers and get them substituded by scammers.

Read my thoughts on it here and why all the professional sellers should embrace this and get ready.

If you’re not already positioning yourself as the most professional seller in your category and focusing on providing the absolutely highest value, and best customer experience then you better start yesterday.

Even if there is no IPO, it’s in Fiverrs best interest to continue to clean up the sellers who are flooding the market looking for a quick buck, instead of treating it as the actual business it is.

From a business perspective, they need to provide the best customer experience, and promote higher quality and higher ticket services to continue to rebrand themselves as more than a $5 site.

Here’s the response I was talking about.

I’ve really been rethinking my strategy lately. I read a post about a possible IPO. So I’m in the process of fine tuning, and running the final tests on some extremely high quality and high ticket gigs. For some time my main focus has been on local SEO. Not only because it’s easier to get my clients the desired results. But mainly because I thoroughly enjoy supporting small businesses and helping them grow their business by 10 fold. By finding joy, and being proud of getting my clients res…
  • Justin

Yes, we have seen a lot of marketplaces that go for IPO’s (eBay’s etc). But when you are preparing yourself for IPO and start to loose your seller base - there will not be buyers and if there are no buyers there are no sales.

There is a lot of resentment of sellers on Forums for over pushing of Pro Services.

For me I am divided, with Pro Fiverr is able to attract better quality buyers - but then pushing older sellers out, is something that is a concern for me too.

Going into an IPO - but keeping the TSR, Level 2 Sellers happy along with Pro is something they need to consider.

Let’s see what happens 🙂 it will be a good IPO to follow.

Yes, we have seen a lot of marketplaces that go for IPO’s (eBay’s etc). But when you are preparing yourself for IPO and start to loose your seller base - there will not be buyers and if there are no buyers there are no sales.

There is a lot of resentment of sellers on Forums for over pushing of Pro Services.

For me I am divided, with Pro Fiverr is able to attract better quality buyers - but then pushing older sellers out, is something that is a concern for me too.

Going into an IPO - but keeping the TSR, Level 2 Sellers happy along with Pro is something they need to consider.

Let’s see what happens 🙂 it will be a good IPO to follow.

I don’t see why there is a push back against pro.

It’s a great thing.

Embrace it!

It’s a great thing.

Embrace it!

Initially I was for PRO. There are a lot of advantages. Which also will have certain disadvantages. For Fiverr and for us sellers is to see how to reduce the effects of disadvantages.

For instance due to Pro, I have see buyers who are willing to pay a higher price. My average sales value has gone up. Which is good. But overall sales have gone done.

In terms of absolute Dollar, it am more or less at the same level.

Initially I was for PRO. There are a lot of advantages. Which also will have certain disadvantages. For Fiverr and for us sellers is to see how to reduce the effects of disadvantages.

For instance due to Pro, I have see buyers who are willing to pay a higher price. My average sales value has gone up. Which is good. But overall sales have gone done.

The same revenues for less work sounds like a huge benefit to me.

Surely it is. But the revenue in dollar terms also need to increase. Fiverr has been good to me, as it helped to be develop a strong portfolio and got a lot of stability within my business. Not to forget it has helped me to grow. But, with stagnant revenues - is something I am feeling disappointed.

Revenues needs to grow.

• 9 months later...

WOW it’s a good news.

toi_icon_512-200x200.png.f512376ef121f44f09f4e1502c9b340c.png timesofisrael.com Fiverr-workers-cropped-1024x640.thumb.jpg.7a50d5cb201ac965db08c3c64305b003.jpg

Fiverr shares to start trading in New York on Thursday

Israel-based online freelance service firm expected to raise $110 million, valuing the company at $650 million

Fiverr shares to start trading in New York Stock Exchange. This is what i was awaiting many years. Finally it’s happening now. Need to know many things and how this will take fiverr to next level.

Also is there any chance that sellers or buyers can be part and buy these shares?

If anybody knows or good at stock market and shares please advice.

This is amazing,very happy hearing this great information. Congrats to fiverr and to each and everyone of us freelancers on fiverr. However, management and admin should work more on giving freelancers a better user interface plus a responsive and reliable customer care service.

Congrats to fiverr!
I’m happy for them.

So now fiverr is not a startup anymore, they can deal with PayPal and shorten the clearance time and fix the chargeback? I looking forward into that.

Hope they go public will bring some cool new feature & actually benefit us. At least now it’s a trust platform.

Hi there @balubfa12, thank you for sharing this great information. Lucky me, I registered an account for 6 weeks ago and your news comes as a blessing, thank you for sharing!! 🙏 At least I know I’m in good hands as Fiverr is a real independent business now. Congratz Fiverr and let us all make ourselves proud!

Lets us toast on that, To a new beginning and a bright Future for all of us!

The drinks are on Fiverrs budget!! :rofl:

@ahmwritingco & @maitasun, check this out…PARTY TIME!! Champagne 🍾 is on me!!

Sincerely, Humberto

Archived