In case you wonder why Fiverr is changing, it looks like they're positioning for an IPO

paulmaplesden

The blond looks like Red Horracks the voiceover artist here.

…and besides her is shifty pop, the long-time famous jingle creator 🙂

They were probably invited and given tickets and hotel rooms to be there for a celebration and PR possibly but who knows. It would be nice to see the names of them somewhere.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only found out fiverr used to name “Gainbox” at the very beginning…

Check this tweet out by another co-founder of fiverr Shai Wininger below:

t*********m D87XKpGWkAAqdqS.thumb.jpg.c9073fb9463dbf3933f43127ef0b7a00.jpg

Shai Wininger (shai_wininger)

Today, my baby @fiverr, which was born as a scrappy #bootstrap #startup, and raised to take its first steps in the living room of my old apartment, becomes $FVRR (#NYSE:#FVRR). Funny, just found this old pic (Aug 2009) of my old Mac showing the first ever Fiverr #design ...

I only found out fiverr used to name “Gainbox” at the very beginning…

Check this tweet out by another co-founder of fiverr Shai Wininger below:

t*********m 8805844d574147cbb8b5ce459bc4bb4d62ec2318.jpeg

Shai Wininger (shai_wininger)

Today, my baby @fiverr, which was born as a scrappy #bootstrap #startup, and raised to take its first steps in the living room of my old apartment, becomes $FVRR (#NYSE:#FVRR). Funny, just found this old pic (Aug 2009) of my old Mac showing the first ever Fiverr #design ...

The comments with old design photos on that tweet are awesome 😃 #gainboxLOL

They were probably invited and given tickets and hotel rooms to be there for a celebration and PR possibly but who knows. It would be nice to see the names of them somewhere.

Yeah, it is Micha and the rest are buyers and sellers (says so in the video).

I think that is Redd there in front center and the other face I recognize is Vasily17 - man in the back left with hair to one side. He has an amazing operation going on Fiverr with hundreds of repeat buyers ongoing and a whole team who work with him.

Just watched that video and some interesting stuff there.

I wonder was Micha distracted by the price going up by about $2.20 in that 6 minute video 😃

He has so much $ at this point he probably doesn’t think about it.

I noticed Redd was the one to actually make the bell ring. The guy on the end seems to be looking at the girl next to him. No he’s looking at Micha. I wish I knew who they all were. They all seem interesting.

They may have been able to buy into the pre IPO stock sales.

Those are special shares available only to important people before it goes public, and they are sure to make a lot. They are cheaper than the opening price. They might have gotten them for $18 a share for example.

I think inspiration is probably the best thing to take from it.

Rather than being someone who asks “Can I get a piece of that?” when you see someone’s success, look at what you might do to achieve your own success. Looking at some old interviews with Fiverr’s CEO, it is interesting to see how the company began; out of a place of frustration with what was already there and then the idea “to make hiring a freelancer as easy as buying on Amazon”.

What frustrates you? Is there something you think could or should be done better? Remember, at the time Fiverr began in 2010 there were already hundreds of freelancer sites out there.

From 2011

Social Meteor – 10 Mar 11 427a827e1b53c708ab0698ed1fac2195d6c45b98.jpg

The 1st Year of Fiverr.com: An interview with Micha Kaufman

Five dollars goes a long way. We recently had the opportunity to interview Micha Kaufman, co-founder and CEO of Fivver.com, a site that enables people sell things to one another for $5. Although we…

A couple of hours ago

favicon.icoTheStreet – 13 Jun 19

7b21698422680532564086d56b008e161764fd4d.jpeg

Fiverr CEO: I Wanted to Make Finding a Freelancer as Easy as Shopping on Amazon

Fiverr's CEO and founder, Micha Kaufman, explains his motivations for starting the company and how he's planning on expanding in the next five years.

It’ fine 🙂 )))))))))))

I noticed Redd was the one to actually make the bell ring. The guy on the end seems to be looking at the girl next to him. No he’s looking at Micha. I wish I knew who they all were. They all seem interesting.

They may have been able to buy into the pre IPO stock sales.

Those are special shares available only to important people before it goes public, and they are sure to make a lot. They are cheaper than the opening price. They might have gotten them for $18 a share for example.

Maybe. It is worth noting that they go on about Fiverr not being profitable at the moment though

Maybe. It is worth noting that they go on about Fiverr not being profitable at the moment though

I don’t know how that’s possible if they had $75,000,000 in revenue last year. I doubt that part about not being profitable means he isn’t making a good income. Or that his stock didn’t just earn him a lot. I’m tempted to get their prospectus.

I don’t even understand how an unprofitable company gets on the NY stock exchange.

I don’t know how that’s possible if they had $75,000,000 in revenue last year. I doubt that part about not being profitable means he isn’t making a good income. Or that his stock didn’t just earn him a lot. I’m tempted to get their prospectus.

I don’t even understand how an unprofitable company gets on the NY stock exchange.

Uber is not profitable, made a 3 billion dollar loss last year and 4 billion the year before.

Many big companies are invested in and raise funding with the idea that they will eventually become massively profitable.

• 1 month later...

IPO investors are interested in a company’s growth and total available market. A company with steady increases in revenue each year can attract investors and raise capital by going public. This capital is then used to fund research and development on how to tap into a higher percentage of that total available market. Investors believe that most unprofitable companies could easily be profitable if they focused on just short-term earnings. Clearly IPO buyers are looking for those companies that invest their could-be profits into research, more employees and expanding their share of the total available market.

IPO investors are interested in a company’s growth and total available market. A company with steady increases in revenue each year can attract investors and raise capital by going public. This capital is then used to fund research and development on how to tap into a higher percentage of that total available market. Investors believe that most unprofitable companies could easily be profitable if they focused on just short-term earnings. Clearly IPO buyers are looking for those companies that invest their could-be profits into research, more employees and expanding their share of the total available market.

@jamescott

If you want to quote something please put it in quotes, thanks.

copy.thumb.GIF.2c345e5eb337fa31b16dc11abeb4e635.GIF

Archived