In case you wonder why Fiverr is changing, it looks like they're positioning for an IPO

paulmaplesden

A lot of people just got richer who got this when it came out. I wish I had known about it sooner. That’s cool that they have the fiverr logo up there at the stock exchange.

It’s a complicated process to have a company added to the stock exchange. Some of the changes and tightening of the rules have probably been due to preparations for this. Fiverr had to get a financial company to back them and meet their requirements.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so it will cross $45 by EOD today. This meant a lot to fiverr and now it is not a small company. Hope fiverr will give us (Sellers) a chance to buy some shares throughout the world. This is what i mentioned in my post last year about fiverr entering to stock market and sellers also part of it.

Fiverr entered into NYSE and lets see what they can offer to sellers to participate in this growth program.

I hope so it will cross $45 by EOD today. This meant a lot to fiverr and now it is not a small company. Hope fiverr will give us (Sellers) a chance to buy some shares throughout the world. This is what i mentioned in my post last year about fiverr entering to stock market and sellers also part of it.

Fiverr entered into NYSE and lets see what they can offer to sellers to participate in this growth program.

Well you can buy it only if you are a US citizen and only on the stock exchange.

Those less explensive initial shares went to company executives.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:03 PM, balubfa12 said:
I have checked some other competitors Stock prices and no one come close to fiverr’s price. This is one of the greatest achievement of fiverr and team.

Unlike most IPOs people know and have heard of fiverr. It’s had a good steady growth from the time it began. 

@misscrystal

Couple of years ago i worked in a MNC as a designer and we had a SSP (Stock Sharing Plan) which we can buy company shares even if the employee working anywhere in the world.

So i am getting excited to see, if fiverr announces such kind of plan it will be great and i am sure most of the sellers will buy fiverr shares.

I am sure one day fiverr shares will reach the price around $200 because this is the BEST and most TRUSTWORTHY freelancers Platform.

@misscrystal

Couple of years ago i worked in a MNC as a designer and we had a SSP (Stock Sharing Plan) which we can buy company shares even if the employee working anywhere in the world.

So i am getting excited to see, if fiverr announces such kind of plan it will be great and i am sure most of the sellers will buy fiverr shares.

I am sure one day fiverr shares will reach the price around $200 because this is the BEST and most TRUSTWORTHY freelancers Platform.

Don’t count on that, a stock share plan.

I think inspiration is probably the best thing to take from it.
Rather than being someone who asks “Can I get a piece of that?” when you see someone’s success, look at what you might do to achieve your own success. Looking at some old interviews with Fiverr’s CEO, it is interesting to see how the company began; out of a place of frustration with what was already there and then the idea “to make hiring a freelancer as easy as buying on Amazon”.

What frustrates you? Is there something you think could or should be done better? Remember, at the time Fiverr began in 2010 there were already hundreds of freelancer sites out there.

From 2011
Social Meteor – 10 Mar 11 blank.jpg.db825b213a779f0ab60cf8b6a294a23c.jpg

The 1st Year of Fiverr.com: An interview with Micha Kaufman

Five dollars goes a long way. We recently had the opportunity to interview Micha Kaufman, co-founder and CEO of Fivver.com, a site that enables people sell things to one another for $5. Although we…

A couple of hours ago
favicon.icoTheStreet – 13 Jun 19

14991084_6047966404001.thumb.jpg.242dfe2222c0d133f6ca8f2d6f9b32fd.jpg

Fiverr CEO: I Wanted to Make Finding a Freelancer as Easy as Shopping on Amazon

Fiverr's CEO and founder, Micha Kaufman, explains his motivations for starting the company and how he's planning on expanding in the next five years.

I think inspiration is probably the best thing to take from it.

Rather than being someone who asks “Can I get a piece of that?” when you see someone’s success, look at what you might do to achieve your own success. Looking at some old interviews with Fiverr’s CEO, it is interesting to see how the company began; out of a place of frustration with what was already there and then the idea “to make hiring a freelancer as easy as buying on Amazon”.

What frustrates you? Is there something you think could or should be done better? Remember, at the time Fiverr began in 2010 there were already hundreds of freelancer sites out there.

From 2011

Social Meteor – 10 Mar 11 427a827e1b53c708ab0698ed1fac2195d6c45b98.jpg

The 1st Year of Fiverr.com: An interview with Micha Kaufman

Five dollars goes a long way. We recently had the opportunity to interview Micha Kaufman, co-founder and CEO of Fivver.com, a site that enables people sell things to one another for $5. Although we…

A couple of hours ago

favicon.icoTheStreet – 13 Jun 19

7b21698422680532564086d56b008e161764fd4d.jpeg

Fiverr CEO: I Wanted to Make Finding a Freelancer as Easy as Shopping on Amazon

Fiverr's CEO and founder, Micha Kaufman, explains his motivations for starting the company and how he's planning on expanding in the next five years.

Rather than being someone who asks “Can I get a piece of that?” when you see someone’s success, look at what you might do to achieve your own success.

Bravo! Bravo! :clap:t2:

On 6/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, j6nyc6 said:

I didn’t know they were going public, i would have invested a couple grand.

I would have used $50,000 but wasn’t aware of when it would be.

The thing is that when it’s an IPO it can take time to get the purchase made on the NY stock exchange and it might not happen right away until after it goes up.

So many are trying to buy it at the same time it could be hours later after it goes up when your order is placed. Still would be worth it though.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, llobetine said:

You do know they made a loss last year. But I think this will be the Amazon of online gigs so will get a couple shares.

I read they had revenues of about $75,000,000.

I would have used $50,000 but wasn’t aware of when it would be.

The thing is that when it’s an IPO it can take time to get the purchase made on the NY stock exchange and it might not happen right away until after it goes up.

So many are trying to buy it at the same time it could be hours later after it goes up when your order is placed. Still would be worth it though.

That would have gotten you a $47,500 gain in one day.

That would have gotten you a $47,500 gain in one day.

It depends on what price I could have gotten it at. You never really know in an IPO the first day. It’s going up so fast but still would have made a lot.

I don’t like holding on to stock though so probably would have day traded it.

I wonder who those people are up there in that picture. I bet they made a lot. The one in black tee shirt might be Micha. Worlds’ newest billionaire. Or maybe the one in the suit.

The blond looks like Red Horracks the voiceover artist here.

The brunette on the end looks like the lady in the last ad.

It depends on what price I could have gotten it at. You never really know in an IPO the first day. It’s going up so fast but still would have made a lot.

I wonder who those people are up there in that picture. I bet they made a lot. The one in black tee shirt might be Micha. Worlds’ newest billionaire. Or maybe the one in the suit.

i like penny stocks . Have had a fair amount of success with those. This is too rich for my blood at $39/share

That’s Micha in the black tee shirt in that picture. I really love this new development. It’s thrilling to think I’ve been on an online site that went public.

Interesting how that chart shows after hours trading where it kept on climbing. I thought there might be a sell off of stock but people are hanging onto it for the long run.

There was a small sell off just before 4:00 which is profit taking.

(Kicking myself for not getting some.)

I wonder why it’s called “Ltd.” Can anyone tell me what the Ltd. (limited) indicates in the name of the company? Would it mean it is a limited liability company instead of a corporation? And what would the advantages of that be? It would be surprising they would do that. I’m wondering if it means they don’t have to do as much public reporting of assets and liabilities.

Just wondering if any of you have received any communication from Fiverr before or on this historical day?? Since we the sellers have contributed a lot to their success. 🙂

Fiverr%20IPO

any communication from Fiverr before or on this historical day?? Since we the sellers have contributed a lot to their success. 🙂

As for on this historical day, there you go: https://blog.fiverr.com/thank-you-community/

…and besides her is shifty pop, the long-time famous jingle creator 🙂

Archived