I think I have been scammed

Couldn’t agree more. This is high time we should be more careful about scam buyers on this platform. This is ruining our business big time. Thank you for your support.

You’re welcome! If the shoe was on the other foot. I’d want to have the support of my colleagues, too.

Food for thought: Set up your own website and create multiple streams of income. Don’t rely solely on Fiverr, many Sellers here don’t like how things are going atm. I wish you all the best, you seem like a down-to-earth chap. 🙂

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You’re welcome! If the shoe was on the other foot. I’d want to have the support of my colleagues, too.

Food for thought: Set up your own website and create multiple streams of income. Don’t rely solely on Fiverr, many Sellers here don’t like how things are going atm. I wish you all the best, you seem like a down-to-earth chap. 🙂

I am. BTW I hope this thing would never happen to any of my colleagues. The suffering is expressible. Thank you.

Sorry to hear about this.

I have heard quite a few of these cases where there was a large amount was involved. They are usually sorted out in a couple of days and the money is given back to the seller so don’t lose hope. Please keep us updated about this situation, whether you get the money back or not.

Thank you for your support and the information. I certainly hope this would be the case. I will let everyone know the update for sure. I hope none will have to face this kind of experience in Fiverr anymore. These kind of things, can ruin a career for good.

Thank you.

This is awful for you and your team 😭 If this is a chargeback from paypal, fiverr really should fight this on your behalf. They will have proof of delivery via your order, so they can provide that to paypal (or whoever is the payment processor). If you run your own business, you have the capacity to fight chargebacks - since we can’t fight it directly with paypal in this situation, fiverr needs to have our backs and fight for us!

This is awful for you and your team 😭 If this is a chargeback from paypal, fiverr really should fight this on your behalf. They will have proof of delivery via your order, so they can provide that to paypal (or whoever is the payment processor). If you run your own business, you have the capacity to fight chargebacks - since we can’t fight it directly with paypal in this situation, fiverr needs to have our backs and fight for us!

Thank you for responding. I have got the feedback mail from Support. It was indeed a charge-back issue. We the seller don’t have anything to do with the buyer’s payment. This is Fiverr who should be securing our payment for us and for themselves too. The support has resolve the issue so understandably they are not fighting for me and my team further. Its a shame. Really.

Thank you for responding. I have got the feedback mail from Support. It was indeed a charge-back issue. We the seller don’t have anything to do with the buyer’s payment. This is Fiverr who should be securing our payment for us and for themselves too. The support has resolve the issue so understandably they are not fighting for me and my team further. Its a shame. Really.

changeback.thumb.JPG.e36f5bb97d3ec5b5d4f22eb544abcd47.JPG

Wait for the CS answer.

Remember:

If buyer doesn’t like you work, CS cannot help you to convenience him/her 🙂

Just focus on your good work and keep improving.

What if you has delivered what client has asked for?

And he/she may rate you poor.

I am so disappointed for you - I really hoped CS could do something. 🙁

Yes, this is upsetting. But few minutes ago, I got a message from support saying trust and security will try to recover the payment and they need the proof that I delivered the order correctly. I did provide the link that contains all the delivery images. I think the support is trying to help.

I will let you know the updates.

Let’s hope for the best.

What if you has delivered what client has asked for?

And he/she may rate you poor.

I delivered the order as per client’s instructions. He could ask for modification, I said I am ready for any kind of modification you require. But he didn’t communicate at all and suddenly the cancelation.

Yes, this is upsetting. But few minutes ago, I got a message from support saying trust and security will try to recover the payment and they need the proof that I delivered the order correctly. I did provide the link that contains all the delivery images. I think the support is trying to help.

I will let you know the updates.

Let’s hope for the best.

I got a message from support saying trust and security will try to recover the payment and they need the proof that I delivered the order correctly

This is a good sign.

The way it works is that Fiverr have to give this information to Paypal and then Paypal decide whether the order was completed correctly or not. Your buyer is probably saying that you did not deliver it. Paypal are usually quite quick with this so hopefully you will get good news soon.

Note for all: This is why it is VERY important for people to have clear gig descriptions, packages and especially, custom offers. If a dispute happens, clear descriptions will help you a lot when proving you delivered what was promised

I got a message from support saying trust and security will try to recover the payment and they need the proof that I delivered the order correctly

This is a good sign.

The way it works is that Fiverr have to give this information to Paypal and then Paypal decide whether the order was completed correctly or not. Your buyer is probably saying that you did not deliver it. Paypal are usually quite quick with this so hopefully you will get good news soon.

Note for all: This is why it is VERY important for people to have clear gig descriptions, packages and especially, custom offers. If a dispute happens, clear descriptions will help you a lot when proving you delivered what was promised

I certainly hope so. Yes, I can understand the note very clearly. I delivered the whole edited images to him and there is a proof for that. I delivered the link to him, there is no way he can say that I did not complete the order. Yes, of course, if he was lying.

Thank you for your respond.

I am really angry right now… I have seen 10 posts this week alone like this already!!! Fiverr needs to do something about Paypal chargebacks ASAP!!! Look at this… Cancelled after a month, no investigation, money taken away from my account… This is not a small order either, it’s $130… !

I am really angry right now… I have seen 10 posts this week alone like this already!!! Fiverr needs to do something about Paypal chargebacks ASAP!!! Look at this… Cancelled after a month, no investigation, money taken away from my account… This is not a small order either, it’s $130… !

This thing is so unfortunate for Fiverr sellers. We work hard to get the job done perfectly. Seller’s responsibility is to ensure quality work and Fiverr should ensure the payment we receive for our hard work. Support is trying to get the payment back from the money vendor. They confirmed me that. Fiverr really should support sellers in this burning issue.

Thank you for sharing. It’s really frustrating. 😔

I certainly hope so. Yes, I can understand the note very clearly. I delivered the whole edited images to him and there is a proof for that. I delivered the link to him, there is no way he can say that I did not complete the order. Yes, of course, if he was lying.

Thank you for your respond.

Good-mornin’ :sun_behind_small_cloud:

I bookmarked this thread to keep up with any developments. I really want to read some good news, I know it must be tough for you emotionally & financially. Especially with bills to pay and putting food on the table. This is what I want to see Fiverr doing more often is FIGHTING for us Sellers like Muhammad Ali. 🥊

Good-mornin’ :sun_behind_small_cloud:

I bookmarked this thread to keep up with any developments. I really want to read some good news, I know it must be tough for you emotionally & financially. Especially with bills to pay and putting food on the table. This is what I want to see Fiverr doing more often is FIGHTING for us Sellers like Muhammad Ali. 🥊

Good morning. Thank you so much for your sympathy. Yes, we need Fiverr to fight for our hard work. I certainly hope they will and succeed. I will keep you guys updated whatever comes up. Thanks a lot.

I am so sad and sorry to hear of your predicament. 😥 every case with PP CBs and win many of them then maybe there would be less scam buyers. Buyers like this will more than likely make a new account and be in business tomorrow. Did you note how long this buyer had been on Fiverr and was he a TRS?

yes, I agree with nikavoice. This is nail-biting! I hope we get to hear a positive reply from Fiverr and Paypal. This will help restore the slowly eroding faith that some sellers have on Fiverr 😛

Thank you for responding. I have learnt that this kind of fraud is happening quite often so we really need a positive outcome for sellers so that we can keep our trust on Fiverr.

Thank you

I am so sad and sorry to hear of your predicament. 😥 every case with PP CBs and win many of them then maybe there would be less scam buyers. Buyers like this will more than likely make a new account and be in business tomorrow. Did you note how long this buyer had been on Fiverr and was he a TRS?

Thank you for responding. The buyer has not been online since he asked for modification. That’s means 4 days he is not online. After I reached out to Fiverr support, I can estimate, his account was there for 2 hours maybe. But after that, I think Fiverr support took action to his account maybe banned his account. His account is no longer available.

Thank you

Thank you for your message. I would take negative review if he had accept the order. The order amount was $2925 and the quantity of images were 19700. Me and my 10 member team worked hard day and night for last 20 days to deliver the order in time and we successfully deliver the order on time. He told me he got the images all right and downloading them.

Unbelievable, this is beyond terrible. 😯

Sounds like you and your team worked your arses off. I’d be livid! 😡

Also, when a Buyer initiates a CB, they ban the offender account.

This is why I’m hesitant to accept large orders on this platform.

Read this thread this user was refunded, you can ask CS for help. But, it seems like they refund Sellers on a mysterious case-by-case basis.

All from the same user. Leaving me with a negative balance and order completion rate in red. And I don’t even charge a lot on here for this particular reason. But when you buy like 10 gigs and chargeback all of them, it defeats the purpose of it. I’ve sent a ticket to Fiverr, let’s see what CS has to say. I’m not taking the hit for this nonsense. Funny thing is, I have blocked this user multiple times after he first ordered. He was asking for free stuff, discounts, being difficult about revisio…

mysterious case-by-case basis.

Yes and I think they refund them out of their own pockets. I don’t charge a lot so the refund was not a big hit. Close to $3,000 is just sad and ridiculous. I think Fiverr will contest the chargeback for you but can’t be sure. For that amount I definitely think they will.

Thank you for responding. The buyer has not been online since he asked for modification. That’s means 4 days he is not online. After I reached out to Fiverr support, I can estimate, his account was there for 2 hours maybe. But after that, I think Fiverr support took action to his account maybe banned his account. His account is no longer available.

Thank you

I was asking how long he had his account when he first booked your gig. I wonder if sellers need to be wary of newer accounts and accounts that are not TRB.

mysterious case-by-case basis.

Yes and I think they refund them out of their own pockets. I don’t charge a lot so the refund was not a big hit. Close to $3,000 is just sad and ridiculous. I think Fiverr will contest the chargeback for you but can’t be sure. For that amount I definitely think they will.

I certainly hope they will. I don’t have much to say other than that. Support is the only help I can get I think. Thank you for responding.

Archived