I think I have been scammed

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mysterious case-by-case basis.

Yes and I think they refund them out of their own pockets. I don’t charge a lot so the refund was not a big hit. Close to $3,000 is just sad and ridiculous. I think Fiverr will contest the chargeback for you but can’t be sure. For that amount I definitely think they will.

My 9 chargeback fiasco came from a top rated buyer 😓

Some and I use that term loosely with TRB 👑

Thank you for your message. I would take negative review if he had accept the order. The order amount was $2925 and the quantity of images were 19700. Me and my 10 member team worked hard day and night for last 20 days to deliver the order in time and we successfully deliver the order on time. He told me he got the images all right and downloading them.

There is no way I can deliver again as the order page saying, the order is cancelled and I can not no longer contact him.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

Oh my, sorry to hear the news. Gosh, I’d be livid too! For next time, break down your orders into smaller separate deliveries (not milestones). Especially when working with a buyer for the first time. Unless you have an established working history with the buyer, then you can take the leap into larger $ projects.

Now in terms of the chargeback, see if that buyer is using your images online. Take screenshots and go back to Fiverr support with that proof and see if you can mediate the chargeback. If they cannot mediate with paypal on your behalf, then contact paypal direct.

I apologize for my naiveté, but what is a TRB?

The only thing google is returning when I search for TRB is: Tom Robinson Band 🎵 (a British rock band)

Or is it- top-rated buyer? 😜

The only thing google is returning when I search for TRB is: T om R obinson B and 🎵 (a British rock band)

Or is it- top-rated buyer? 😜

Ding, ding, ding… [confetti explosion]

You got it right, it’s both. 🎉

From the answer of CS:

whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example, stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe enviroment for our users.

So, to maintain a safe enviroment for the users, Fiverr don’t check first if the payment method is legit or not. The first things that Fiverr does are:

• accept the buyer,
  • accept the order (without providing the option to decline the order, don’t get me started with the cancellation option and the “fair” 10%),
  • take the commission,
  • grant the buyer of a nice crown, eventually.

If something goes wrong after:
well, remind to the seller that “when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr”.

Oh my, sorry to hear the news. Gosh, I’d be livid too! For next time, break down your orders into smaller separate deliveries (not milestones). Especially when working with a buyer for the first time. Unless you have an established working history with the buyer, then you can take the leap into larger $ projects.

Now in terms of the chargeback, see if that buyer is using your images online. Take screenshots and go back to Fiverr support with that proof and see if you can mediate the chargeback. If they cannot mediate with paypal on your behalf, then contact paypal direct.

If they cannot mediate with paypal on your behalf, then contact paypal direct.

paypal will not discuss this with the seller directly - officially, Paypal’s customer is Fiverr, not the seller so they cannot discuss it with others, even if they wanted to.

Or is it- top-rated buyer?

Top Rated Buyers are simply buyers who have bought a couple of times and spent a relatively low amount - ie over $100 I heard someone mention once. The badge should not change how a seller deals with them or make them less careful about taking precautions.

This is what I want to see Fiverr doing more often is FIGHTING for us Sellers

From what I can tell, Fiverr has improved somewhat in how they handle chargebacks. There is still room to improve a lot and I would love a clear procedure to be added to the ToS to put off potential scammers. It could almost be stopped overnight if this was done.

On another platform, I know there is an $8 fee to have their CS dispute a chargeback - I would even be happy with that if it was an option but in all honesty, I don’t see why it is such a big deal to chase down money that is being dishonestly stolen.

Fiverr don’t check first if the payment method is legit or not

Fiverr does use a “fraud check” company to check for signs of fraud during payment processing but unfortunately there is no company that can fully protect against someone being a $&*@& £~#@.

paypal will not discuss this with the seller directly - officially, Paypal’s customer is Fiverr, not the seller so they cannot discuss it with others, even if they wanted to.

Top Rated Buyers are simply buyers who have bought a couple of times and spent a relatively low amount - ie over $100 I heard someone mention once. The badge should not change how a seller deals with them or make them less careful about taking precautions.

From what I can tell, Fiverr has improved somewhat in how they handle chargebacks. There is still room to improve a lot and I would love a clear procedure to be added to the ToS to put off potential scammers. It could almost be stopped overnight if this was done.

On another platform, I know there is an $8 fee to have their CS dispute a chargeback - I would even be happy with that if it was an option but in all honesty, I don’t see why it is such a big deal to chase down money that is being dishonestly stolen.

Fiverr does use a “fraud check” company to check for signs of fraud during payment processing but unfortunately there is no company that can fully protect against someone being a $&*@& £~#@.

Thanks for the update.

Fiverr does use a “fraud check” company to check for signs of fraud

I’m having a really tough time to see all this effort.

Fiverr does use a “fraud check” company to check for signs of fraud

I’m having a really tough time to see all this effort.

It’s a third party company that does it during the payment process. Fiverr pays for this service. It is why some buyers have their purchases rejected for no apparent reason.

Reading your thoughts and hearing about Fiverr putting forth an effort. It’s certainly giving me a glimmer of optimism. Re: The fee, I’d be willing to pay a small fee (depending on the CB amount). But, yup there’s a but it would suck having to pay a fee. Either way, if Fiverr make this a perm fixture in the TOS policy. No matter how big or small the CB would be nothing short of amazing.

It would be coolio to see Staff address some of these concerns as well.

Cheers! 🍹

I just had an order that had been automatically closed. Then a week later I got a note it was cancelled and funds taken out of my account. The seller was blocked. Learned it was where he tried to stop the payment, which is against Fiverr terms of service. Got my funds back.

TRB

Top Rated Buyers are simply buyers who have bought a couple of times and spent a relatively low amount - ie over $100

I am a top rated buyer, and I have bought like $125 worth of gigs, so I guess that can not be a determiner. I wonder if at least we can feel safe with buyers that have been on Fiverr for a year or more? :thinking:

He was returning buyer. Thank you.

So first he ordered to see if he liked your quality and then BAM! He scammed you! 😱

For next time, break down your orders into smaller separate deliveries (not milestones).

Even if you do this, the Buyer could do a PP CB. @prroducer99plus had 9 CBs from one seller I believe? :thinking:

I just had an order that had been automatically closed. Then a week later I got a note it was cancelled and funds taken out of my account. The seller was blocked. Learned it was where he tried to stop the payment, which is against Fiverr terms of service. Got my funds back.

That great. Clearly in my case the buyer tried to stop the payment. That’s why maybe he said Paypal to cancel the payment. I am happy that your order was resolve. Thanks for sharing your experience.

From the answer of CS:

whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example, stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe enviroment for our users.

So, to maintain a safe enviroment for the users, Fiverr don’t check first if the payment method is legit or not. The first things that Fiverr does are:

• accept the buyer,
  • accept the order (without providing the option to decline the order, don’t get me started with the cancellation option and the “fair” 10%),
  • take the commission,
  • grant the buyer of a nice crown, eventually.

If something goes wrong after:

well, remind to the seller that “when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr”.

This is a shame that we are talking about seller’s suffering so much after that Fiverr has been in this business for long enough. I hope they will look into our interest and will able to fight for us but not only for buyers.

Thank you for your respond.

Top Rated Buyers are simply buyers who have bought a couple of times and spent a relatively low amount - ie over $100

I am a top rated buyer, and I have bought like $125 worth of gigs, so I guess that can not be a determiner. I wonder if at least we can feel safe with buyers that have been on Fiverr for a year or more? :thinking:

So first he ordered to see if he liked your quality and then BAM! He scammed you! 😱

For next time, break down your orders into smaller separate deliveries (not milestones).

Even if you do this, the Buyer could do a PP CB. @prroducer99plus had 9 CBs from one seller I believe? :thinking:

Ahh yeah I’m sure there’s many loop holes to this scenario. Buyers like that are gonna do what they want to do regardless. But hey do what works best for you.

9 CBs from one seller

Correct. They didn’t sell though. And I got another one today because I found out it was the same user. I didn’t deliver anything though so its cool.

Guest joshcates

This is a shame that we are talking about seller’s suffering so much after that Fiverr has been in this business for long enough. I hope they will look into our interest and will able to fight for us but not only for buyers.

Man, I have seen so many people come to the forums to talk about Paypal chargebacks. But you are handling this like a champ. You are cool, calm, collected, and professional.

I want nothing more than for Fiverr to work in your interest. You seem like a great guy and I feel the pain of you and your team. Even in the event that there is no resolution, please don’t let this be a block in your career. Keep providing great quality content and keep your great attitude shining through.

#JusticeForAsif

Man, I have seen so many people come to the forums to talk about Paypal chargebacks. But you are handling this like a champ. You are cool, calm, collected, and professional.

I want nothing more than for Fiverr to work in your interest. You seem like a great guy and I feel the pain of you and your team. Even in the event that there is no resolution, please don’t let this be a block in your career. Keep providing great quality content and keep your great attitude shining through.

#JusticeForAsif

Thank you so much for your inspiring words. The kind of support I am getting from this community is priceless in this troubled time. I am counting on Fiverr support now. I am not giving up and will not give up.

Thank you for your support. It means a lot 🙂

Asif!

It’s Friday the 13th, however, my fingers are crossed that you get good news soon.

Just stopping by to see how things are going? I haven’t forgotten about you. 🙂

Asif!

It’s Friday the 13th, however, my fingers are crossed that you get good news soon.

Just stopping by to see how things are going? I haven’t forgotten about you. 🙂

Nikavoice, thank you for concern. I am yet to hear any news from Fiverr support. Its already been 2 days they sent their last message saying they will come back to me as soon as they gather any information.

I am hoping they are trying their hardest to get the payment back from the scammer.

I will definitely let you know as soon as some information available.

I hope I will get the justice.

Thank you so much for your support :). It’s been the toughest week for me 😦

1027380065_fiverrhelp03.thumb.JPG.efd5f8258a756b544c8ed73b348b6c8d.JPG

I’m thrilled to know that they are still working on your case.

I’m sure it will take a few days to get things sorted.

Thank you so much for your support :). It’s been the toughest week for me 😦

Yeah. I can only imagine. 😟

Oh and before I go…

Hugs.gif.4862598da8e359f6ee93d21959262ee4.gif

Hello Fiverr Community, I hope you all are doing great today. I just want to update the current condition of that scammed order.

I didn’t get any update from the CS in the last one week so I did contact them again asking for an update. I had to contact them again because every day my team members are asking for their cuts and I am unable to provide any hopeful answer. The amount is big as the order was big so, there is nothing I can do for them if I am not able to find any positive solution on this scammed order. 😦

CS responded with an answer that they are trying their best for me and will come back to me if some update comes up.

I am happy to see that Fiverr support is trying their best to find a solution. I hope they will bring back my payment so that I can pay the salary to those who worked hard to complete this order. That’s the only thing I want right now. I don’t have any alternate way to fix things up.

Have a great time on Fiverr.

Thank you
Asif

Hello Fiverr Community, I hope you all are doing great today. I just want to update the current condition of that scammed order.

I didn’t get any update from the CS in the last one week so I did contact them again asking for an update. I had to contact them again because every day my team members are asking for their cuts and I am unable to provide any hopeful answer. The amount is big as the order was big so, there is nothing I can do for them if I am not able to find any positive solution on this scammed order. 😦

CS responded with an answer that they are trying their best for me and will come back to me if some update comes up.

I am happy to see that Fiverr support is trying their best to find a solution. I hope they will bring back my payment so that I can pay the salary to those who worked hard to complete this order. That’s the only thing I want right now. I don’t have any alternate way to fix things up.

Have a great time on Fiverr.

Thank you

Asif

Sorry this is taking so long but it is a good sign that support is still working on it.

The way it works is that Fiverr respond to Paypal and then the Buyer will have up to 30 days to respond. After that Paypal will make a decision. It could be that the buyer is not responding or is taking their time doing so. In addition, the fact that we are talking about 20,000 images could make it take more time for everyone (Fiverr, Paypal) to check them.

Really hoping for a positive result for this!

Archived