Worse Messages Ever Recieved

silberma1976

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Tell me if I’m pregnant.” I get this message occasionally. I think it’s supposed to be a test of my psychic powers even though I’m not a psychic.

“Tell me if I’m pregnant.”

Yikes! 😲 Definitely a test question.

You can always say yes there’s a bun (the sweet kind) 😅

bun_in_the_oven_pink_bbq_apron.jpg.b7f95b612ce3d4b200b60b0a1756f725.jpg

Mine will be "Can you create me a landing page for $5? If I i’m satisfied, I’ll tip."

I was like: Meh, no thanks. He came back to me tho with a better offer! He raised it to $10 and if he was satisfied, he will tip…but I also said no.

Another message was someone who wanted a fully functional responsive website with written content, ranking number one on Google, Premium images, unlimited revisions, a 12 bedroom house & a brand new Ferrari for just $5 & if satisfied, he’ll tip more, he promise. Great deal!

(Okay he didn’t really request a 12 bedroom house & a Ferrari. But if he had the choice, he surely would. 😑)

“Can you create me a landing page for $5? If I i’m satisfied, I’ll tip.”

Wow, that’s unbelievable. 😲

You should’ve sent him this a cool landing page image for $5. 😛

15f51r.jpg.02eeb9a7c19b0ff44d01990a1cf91ff5.jpg

I get a lot of people who want me to buy proofreading or writing from them. I write for my gigs…so, no. I have a response for that that warns them this is spam and they can lose their account.

I do get those that want to work with me as if I am a company. Nope. One guy here saving the world one word at a time .

“Tell me if I’m pregnant.” I get this message occasionally. I think it’s supposed to be a test of my psychic powers even though I’m not a psychic.

Maybe it’s because of the category of the spell gigs (“Astrology & Readings”) and the name “misscrystal” (ie. psychics using a crystal ball). What if all the gigs (including all the spell ones) were in the “Spiritual & Healing” category? Maybe that could reduce people assuming you are a psychic?

This is a hilarious thread. I can’t believe the types of people on this platform sometimes.

I experienced my first rude encounter yesterday.

I got a message from a client who responded to a custom offer I sent on buyers request. While we were discussing about the specifics of what he needed, he said he no longer wanted to hire me because it seemed as though I didn’t speak English and accused me of “using some google translate”. For the record, I’m actually fluent in English. The experience being told by someone who wasn’t using proper punctuations and capitalizations in messages that I was unable to speak English is beyond me. Being a newbie here on fiverr, I was stunned by this! It felt as though it came out of nowhere.

I guess that this is something I have to get used to :))

86770971_ScreenShot2018-03-12at7_56_44PM.thumb.png.823859887b81dd653a8135bac6aa418d.png

This is a hilarious thread. I can’t believe the types of people on this platform sometimes.

I got a message from a client who responded to a custom offer I sent on buyers request. While we were discussing about the specifics of what he needed, he said he no longer wanted to hire me because it seemed as though I didn’t speak English and accused me of “using some google translate”. For the record, I’m actually fluent in English. The experience being told by someone who wasn’t using proper punctuations and capitalizations in messages that I was unable to speak English is beyond me. Being a newbie here on fiverr, I was stunned by this! It felt as though it came out of nowhere.

@albanicole This is very funny. It is not unusual for those who have a poor command of English to think that those with excellent English are using it incorrectly. We hear stories of writers getting bad reviews because the buyer didn’t know that the writer actually was using proper English.

The experience being told by someone who wasn’t using proper punctuations and capitalizations in messages that I was unable to speak English is beyond me. Being a newbie here on fiverr, I was stunned by this!

It’s a trick. He wanted you to work for free (he gets a bit of work from you, a bit of work from someone else, and in the end, he gets everything without paying a dime), and when he realized that you weren’t falling for that, he accused you of the first thing that he could think of. Perhaps he’s still hoping that you’re a desperate newbie and that you will do it for free.

Well done for not falling for it. 😺

What is the worst message you ever received?

Mine…“I want to Earn”

Me; Good luck.

Me; Good luck.

hehehe that what I say in response to “can you add cool effects, music and titles animation for 5$” Me; Good Luck in fiverr

The experience being told by someone who wasn’t using proper punctuations and capitalizations in messages that I was unable to speak English is beyond me. Being a newbie here on fiverr, I was stunned by this!

It’s a trick. He wanted you to work for free (he gets a bit of work from you, a bit of work from someone else, and in the end, he gets everything without paying a dime), and when he realized that you weren’t falling for that, he accused you of the first thing that he could think of. Perhaps he’s still hoping that you’re a desperate newbie and that you will do it for free.

Well done for not falling for it. 😺

He wanted you to work for free (he gets a bit of work from you, a bit of work from someone else, and in the end, he gets everything without paying a dime)

My answer to these request is… “Mr Free man is dead sorry try to someone else” I have a porfolio that anybody can review if the buyer needs something else… chat will clear any doubt…

New one today. Buyer says. Show me the way or the way to earn of something like that

My response:

Go left, then go straight for 5 miles. Turn left on oak street. You’ll see a McDonald’s on the corner. That will get you past go to earn $200.

My response:

Go left, then go straight for 5 miles. Turn left on oak street. You’ll see a McDonald’s on the corner. That will get you past go to earn $200.

OMFG!!! I’m Lovin’ it, maybe I’ll add it to my playbook. 😂

8793947.gif.ce2b5a2369f1149b127c9a7d9501511f.gif

Being a newbie here on fiverr, I was stunned by this!

Don’t. Don’t be stunned by anything you read from customers… anything.

Guest jenihiggs

I’ve had my fair share of rude potential buyers message me, but what always bugs me the most is other sellers messaging me for work or advice. I do outsource sometimes (with the consent of the client), but I bring over people I know from wattpad. I like to outsource to writers that I already have a relationship with. Plus, anyone who writes for fun, in their free time, is going to be a better choice.

The “writers” who message me have the worst grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Their messages are nearly incoherent. I tell them all the same thing, “You should not be a professional writer. Writing is an art. It takes years to learn. I have a degree in Creative Writing and I am STILL learning. You are nowhere near ready to sell writing as a professional service.”

I’m not sure why people think anyone can just jump in and write. I’m not a snot who thinks a person has to have a writing degree, but I do think anyone who wants to sell writing professionally needs years of experience, and should have taken a good number of courses; whether those are adult ed programs or online classes, like from skillshare.

I get so annoyed by messages from writers who can not write. They have no business trying to sell writing as a service. I wouldn’t sell website building services. I wouldn’t sell logo design services. People should only be selling what they are great at.

I’ve had my fair share of rude potential buyers message me, but what always bugs me the most is other sellers messaging me for work or advice. I do outsource sometimes (with the consent of the client), but I bring over people I know from wattpad. I like to outsource to writers that I already have a relationship with. Plus, anyone who writes for fun, in their free time, is going to be a better choice.

The “writers” who message me have the worst grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Their messages are nearly incoherent. I tell them all the same thing, “You should not be a professional writer. Writing is an art. It takes years to learn. I have a degree in Creative Writing and I am STILL learning. You are nowhere near ready to sell writing as a professional service.”

I’m not sure why people think anyone can just jump in and write. I’m not a snot who thinks a person has to have a writing degree, but I do think anyone who wants to sell writing professionally needs years of experience, and should have taken a good number of courses; whether those are adult ed programs or online classes, like from skillshare.

I get so annoyed by messages from writers who can not write. They have no business trying to sell writing as a service. I wouldn’t sell website building services. I wouldn’t sell logo design services. People should only be selling what they are great at.

I’m not sure why people think anyone can just jump in and write.

Because numerous ‘Make Money Online’ blogs and courses and gurus tell them that that’s an easy way to make a lot of money. The same goes for logo design.

I occasionally get messages from people asking how much I’ll charge to do a job for them, although my prices are on my gig :thinking: Then I send them a quote using the info from my gig and they say their budget is $5 or something like that…at which point I just wish them luck and say I don’t think I’m the right person for the job.

Archived