Worse Messages Ever Recieved

silberma1976

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve had my fair share of rude potential buyers message me, but what always bugs me the most is other sellers messaging me for work or advice. I do outsource sometimes (with the consent of the client), but I bring over people I know from wattpad. I like to outsource to writers that I already have a relationship with. Plus, anyone who writes for fun, in their free time, is going to be a better choice.

The “writers” who message me have the worst grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Their messages are nearly incoherent. I tell them all the same thing, “You should not be a professional writer. Writing is an art. It takes years to learn. I have a degree in Creative Writing and I am STILL learning. You are nowhere near ready to sell writing as a professional service.”

I’m not sure why people think anyone can just jump in and write. I’m not a snot who thinks a person has to have a writing degree, but I do think anyone who wants to sell writing professionally needs years of experience, and should have taken a good number of courses; whether those are adult ed programs or online classes, like from skillshare.

I get so annoyed by messages from writers who can not write. They have no business trying to sell writing as a service. I wouldn’t sell website building services. I wouldn’t sell logo design services. People should only be selling what they are great at.

I hate those. Writing is something anyone can do. It is just not stringing words together in a coherent manner that everyone can do. It takes time and practice.

When I became a TRS, I started receiving loads of SPAM daily. I hardly report them because I feel bad about spoiling people’s businesses but I think I have to start to deter the others

I warned them for a while. When it is obvious there is no effort to the message. As in quick things such as want to earn or help me or hello dear, report

I warned them for a while. When it is obvious there is no effort to the message. As in quick things such as want to earn or help me or hello dear, report

Sometimes I warn them but then they usually continue to send more messages. They take any response at all as a major success leading to hopefulness that I’m interested in the spam message.

When I became a TRS, I started receiving loads of SPAM daily. I hardly report them because I feel bad about spoiling people’s businesses but I think I have to start to deter the others

I hardly report them because I feel bad about spoiling people’s businesses but I think I have to start to deter the others

If they get reported once and then stop after a warning from Fiverr, it’s unlikely to really destroy their business.

And if they keep doing it, well…

Sometimes I warn them but then they usually continue to send more messages. They take any response at all as a major success leading to hopefulness that I’m interested in the spam message.

This happens to me all the time. I always reply with - OK. It seems that makes them send more and it is really annoying.

I report these types without hesitating. They are usually new mek sellers

what do you suggest I do if the spammer is a TRS.

I’ve never had that happen. Who did that? I can guess, now that I think about it.

I get a lot of messages from Level 1 and Level 2 sellers. However, I am shocked when I see a TRS. This doesn’t happen very often, but it happens. They are all from the VO category. I just opened one of their profiles and I see he has almost 12k reviews with 11 orders on his queue.

Why does he still need to Spam? Beats me 😕

Recently I made an offer to a buyer request that was mentioned as 3 days project and I received this message from the buyer “Can you do it in next 2 hours?”

And I realized, there are some people who think I am a xerox machine.

Recently I made an offer to a buyer request that was mentioned as 3 days project and I received this message from the buyer “Can you do it in next 2 hours?”

And I realized, there are some people who think I am a xerox machine.

Shh 🤫

c7f786a-1.thumb.jpg.dd94dcc0fe9eb70642beed47730acfd3.jpg

Superhero skillz! :cloud_with_lightning:

I agree. But what do you suggest I do if the spammer is a TRS. It bothers me.

I wonder why they are spamming, they should know better

But what do you suggest I do if the spammer is a TRS.

Report them, don’t hesitate even for a second.

I think I’ve reported almost 1/10th of the sellers in that category. 🙂

Guest viyiwi

I wanted to cancel a logo design order because I just cant do the style she is looking for.
She just kept declining the cancellation request and said " I think Fiverr has a place to make comments about artists."

Is she blackmailing me to work with her?? lol
I came on the forum to check if she wrote a post about me

Guest offlinehelpers

I wanted to cancel a logo design order because I just cant do the style she is looking for.

She just kept declining the cancellation request and said " I think Fiverr has a place to make comments about artists."

Is she blackmailing me to work with her?? lol

I came on the forum to check if she wrote a post about me

Speak to CS to cancel it for you if they can - that sounds threatening to me. 🙁

I agree. But what do you suggest I do if the spammer is a TRS. It bothers me.

I wonder why they are spamming, they should know better

But what do you suggest I do if the spammer is a TRS

Report them, don’t hesitate even for a second.

I would be even more likely to report a TRS. That is “conduct unbecoming” a TRS and they don’t deserve the badge. There are certain services I buy that I don’t review any more because it causes such a deluge of spam messages. Anything you can do to reduce or punish those who do it is a good thing.

Guest offlinehelpers

I had someone send a spam message saying he wanted to buy my account for $100.

buy my account for $100

What a cheapskate! :rofl:

Archived