Worse Messages Ever Recieved

silberma1976

I’ve had my fair share of rude potential buyers message me, but what always bugs me the most is other sellers messaging me for work or advice. I do outsource sometimes (with the consent of the client), but I bring over people I know from wattpad. I like to outsource to writers that I already have a relationship with. Plus, anyone who writes for fun, in their free time, is going to be a better choice.

The “writers” who message me have the worst grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Their messages are nearly incoherent. I tell them all the same thing, “You should not be a professional writer. Writing is an art. It takes years to learn. I have a degree in Creative Writing and I am STILL learning. You are nowhere near ready to sell writing as a professional service.”

I’m not sure why people think anyone can just jump in and write. I’m not a snot who thinks a person has to have a writing degree, but I do think anyone who wants to sell writing professionally needs years of experience, and should have taken a good number of courses; whether those are adult ed programs or online classes, like from skillshare.

I get so annoyed by messages from writers who can not write. They have no business trying to sell writing as a service. I wouldn’t sell website building services. I wouldn’t sell logo design services. People should only be selling what they are great at.

I feel the same way. As a professional writer who has written for fun literally since childhood I get really annoyed when people are like

“Oh you write? I can do that.”

Yeah? Present it.

Then I give them a chance and I’m like “no, no, no, no. I’m going to have to fix this now. Nobody writes like this.” I’m not a snot either who thinks that they have to write a certain way or anything but you can tell when someone is good and when someone really isn’t (or is trying too hard and it comes off really phoney!)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the second time I’ve gotten this one lately, this time from a different account:

teamviewer.thumb.GIF.e205cd523d45aa12436c12faa8be285c.GIF

If the person who sent this sees this, please stop doing this. I’m not going to let you take over my computer to do your activities. No wonder this person was banned from other sites.

This is the second time I’ve gotten this one lately, this time from a different account:

If the person who sent this sees this, please stop doing this. I’m not going to let you take over my computer to do your activities. No wonder this person was banned from other sites.

Let me tell you what is really going on here. I dont use upwork but I know people on there & upwork asks for verification. this is usually via s***e via a quick video chat. this is to verify sellers are who they say they and do an ID check. you can guess the rest. All those people using VPNs & fake IDs to pretend to be someone they are not get caught out and banned. They are trying to get around that by using other people’s computers. No one in their right mind should agree to this, besides being “dodgy” people they can do anything with your computer and probably will.

Let me tell you what is really going on here. I dont use upwork but I know people on there & upwork asks for verification. this is usually via s***e via a quick video chat. this is to verify sellers are who they say they and do an ID check. you can guess the rest. All those people using VPNs & fake IDs to pretend to be someone they are not get caught out and banned. They are trying to get around that by using other people’s computers. No one in their right mind should agree to this, besides being “dodgy” people they can do anything with your computer and probably will.

Yes this is truly nuts. I can’t imagine that this person thinks someone would do this.

It’s crazy on so many levels. And to continue sending me this message, from multiple accounts, over a period of weeks too… Someone is out to lunch.

Yes this is truly nuts. I can’t imagine that this person thinks someone would do this.

It’s crazy on so many levels. And to continue sending me this message, from multiple accounts, over a period of weeks too… Someone is out to lunch.

Ive been getting the same messages.

It’s from someone who says they are in the US but they do translations which makes me think they are actually in another country.

they are not in the US. the message above even says they need a computer in another country. They are probably using a VPN on Fiverr as well.

Whoa there. Looks like someone needs re-neducation.

Whoa there. Looks like someone needs re-neducation.

Eek, that looks like me sitting in the Dentist chair at my appt last week. Holding on for dear life!

Yanno, routine cleaning & X-Rays. 😬

Hate those thingies they are veryyyyyyy uncomfortable! 😣

Buyer Orders

“Can you finish the order as soon as possible (ill give the highest rating possible)”

You have fill out the gig requirements correctly for me to begin. And there’s a timer above so you can see the duration. The song will be completed in time.

“Actually”
“Can we cancel”
“Sorry”
“Nevermind”
“I’ll send the requirements”

Message from 3 days ago:

Hello how could one increase the ***** to 7in 6in girth.

Yesterday’s worst, complete with .docx attachment:

MY BELOVED DEAR ONE PLEASE FIND THE FILE ATTACHED. SENDING LOVE AND LIGHT MY DEAR CHILD KEEP SHINING BRIGHT.

uhhhh…ahem…not sure how to respond to that…but I guess the message has good intentions…???

Message from 3 days ago:

Yesterday’s worst, complete with .docx attachment:

MY BELOVED DEAR ONE PLEASE FIND THE FILE ATTACHED. SENDING LOVE AND LIGHT MY DEAR CHILD KEEP SHINING BRIGHT.

My reply would have been, “by turning yourself into an elephant”.

I’m SO glad I found this thread before today, and that I’ve freelanced outside of this website so i knew when I was being taken for a ride. Here’s a message I received this morning:

1954929419_badcomments.thumb.JPG.3c32447edeb0e9d1b7a293715eec4b71.JPG

Yes, I’ll sure put in a weeks worth of work FOR FREE so that you can see a rather large sample of my work. Yes, I’m sure there’ll be business after this that I’ll be paid for. Of course I’ll do it!

I can’t tell you how much patience it took to explain that I have things I need to pay for and could not dedicate so much of my time towards something I wasn’t being paid for. :roll_eyes:

I’m SO glad I found this thread before today, and that I’ve freelanced outside of this website so i knew when I was being taken for a ride. Here’s a message I received this morning:

Yes, I’ll sure put in a weeks worth of work FOR FREE so that you can see a rather large sample of my work. Yes, I’m sure there’ll be business after this that I’ll be paid for. Of course I’ll do it!

I can’t tell you how much patience it took to explain that I have things I need to pay for and could not dedicate so much of my time towards something I wasn’t being paid for. :roll_eyes:

That one wins the prize for the most gall of any message I’ve ever seen.

I would have said ok and let her wait.

Archived