A Blast from the Past: What's your fave Childhood Toy 🚀 or 🎮 Game?

nikavoice

Interesting, really interesting. Had no clue about that. I have watched the Gaelic sports a couple of times on cable. 🙂

Had no clue about that.

Would not be the case nowadays and for the most part would not have been a problem for someone your age growing up but 25+ years ago in rural Ireland it was very much the situation. Nowadays there are people of all race, religions and backgrounds playing and its not an issue.

Ireland grew up more in the past 20 years than in the previous 500.

Think it’ll possible to walk in the snow with them?

Yeah, those boots were amazing - the studs at the bottom were molded which was a completely new innovation for the time, made for fast players to help with quicker turning, better grip and closer control of the ball. Would be fine for light snow. Course today kids don’t play football in the snow because they are cared about etc…

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinder eggs… I don´t like the chocolate, but when they had LOTR figurines I had to have those :roll_eyes:

I got all these and more, you see Saruman with the Palantir (in the background, right, behind Denethor, between Theoden and Arwen)? If you push a small button, the Palantir lights up! Some of the figures have fabric-like parts on them too. Those are really high-quality surprises.

image.thumb.jpg.f52211cc78448a1a3f50f13c41f09b57.jpg

90 minutes is the duration of a pro match.

OK, I’m a basketball 🏀 chick. Games typically last for about 48 minutes. But, with stops, commercials, highlights etc… Maybe 2 hours give or take.

Watching and attending NBA games are fun.

OK, I’m a basketball 🏀 chick. Games typically last for about 48 minutes.

Our European basketball games last 40-minutes. And depending on the flow of the game the can take up an hour and a half tops. I often, visit my local team play in the “Aba Liga” (it’s a league made for ex-yu teams). My wish is to visit NBA games someday. Sometimes, I don’t like watching particular NBA teams play as their game is so slow. Right now LAC and GSW are playing, and it’s a game that I can catch without staying late.

25+ years ago in rural Ireland it was very much the situation

My dad was in Ireland, he said it was an interesting country. I am not familar a lot of the Irish culture. But I think that in the last 25 years not just Ireland but the whole world advanced a lot more. 🙂

OK, I’m a basketball 🏀 chick. Games typically last for about 48 minutes.

Our European basketball games last 40-minutes. And depending on the flow of the game the can take up an hour and a half tops. I often, visit my local team play in the “Aba Liga” (it’s a league made for ex-yu teams). My wish is to visit NBA games someday. Sometimes, I don’t like watching particular NBA teams play as their game is so slow. Right now LAC and GSW are playing, and it’s a game that I can catch without staying late.

25+ years ago in rural Ireland it was very much the situation

My dad was in Ireland, he said it was an interesting country. I am not familar a lot of the Irish culture. But I think that in the last 25 years not just Ireland but the whole world advanced a lot more. 🙂

My wish is to visit NBA games someday. Sometimes, I don’t like watching particular NBA teams play as their game is so slow.

Watching an NBA game in-person goes by faster than watching on 📺 TV. You’ll be sitting there like, really? Is it over already? :thinking: But, it’s so much excitement in between timeouts, halftime, and stuff. If you attend a game the first or second level seats are the best. The nose bleeder seats suck, you won’t see 💩. You’ll need binoculars or something!

Yep, they had names.

The giant white teddy bear was called “Gini”

The mouse was called “Dasa”

Aw, cute! 🙂

Some of teddy 🐻 names are

• Coconut
  • Spice
  • Papaya
  • Pineapple
  • Breeze
  • Ocean

etc.

You see the theme right? :rofl:

Papaya

Pineapple

Breeze

Ocean

That sounds like a cocktail of some sort. One part Pineapple, one part papaya, 1 part coconut milk… 2 parts rum, blender 10 seconds, pour over ice. Enjoy Nika’s Ocean Breeze. Drink, mix, repeat…

My wish is to visit NBA games someday. Sometimes, I don’t like watching particular NBA teams play as their game is so slow.

Watching an NBA game in-person goes by faster than watching on 📺 TV. You’ll be sitting there like, really? Is it over already? :thinking: But, it’s so much excitement in between timeouts, halftime, and stuff. If you attend a game the first or second level seats are the best. The nose bleeder seats suck, you won’t see 💩. You’ll need binoculars or something!

I will either visit the game in London (just I need a visa first), or I would go to Toronto where I have some relatives and watch a game from there. 🙂

For my local team, I always root from the first rows. Just they suck this season, they have 11 defeats in a row. 😦

Kinder eggs… I don´t like the chocolate, but when they had LOTR figurines I had to have those :roll_eyes:

I got all these and more, you see Saruman with the Palantir (in the background, right, behind Denethor, between Theoden and Arwen)? If you push a small button, the Palantir lights up! Some of the figures have fabric-like parts on them too. Those are really high-quality surprises.

I am so jealous. I loved those books and the movies!

What team do you follow? My family all love the Celtics!

image.png.3d924f044a81d61bb15b022bfed61d21.png

What team do you follow? My family all love the Celtics!

What team do you follow?

Growing up my family household was a die-hard Lakers fan during the “Dynasty” era. Magic, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, Michael Cooper etc. However, we all know that they’ve sucked for a few years, even before Kobe retired. I loved The Bulls, too (Jordan era). 😃

My team is :drum: drumroll, please.

Oklahoma_City_Thunder.png.54876c38389e5152452b8ec1713d3795.png

💙 The BIG five Russ, Steve, Melo, Paul, and André. 😎

OKCthunder.thumb.png.c5ae6b1abb07198d1797ab01fdb80599.png

It’s always cray when they play the Warriors, it’s a battleground. 😂

Russ is da man.

I will either visit the game in London (just I need a visa first), or I would go to Toronto where I have some relatives and watch a game from there. 🙂

The Raptors are good, I like a few of the guys.

What team do you follow?

Growing up my family household was a die-hard Lakers fan during the “Dynasty” era. Magic, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, Michael Cooper etc. However, we all know that they’ve sucked for a few years, even before Kobe retired. I loved The Bulls, too (Jordan era). 😃

My team is :drum: drumroll, please.

Oklahoma_City_Thunder

💙 The BIG five Russ, Steve, Melo, Paul, and André. 😎

It’s always cray when they play the Warriors, it’s a battleground. 😂

Russ is da man.

The Raptors are good, I like a few of the guys.

Personally, I don’t have a favorite NBA team, but if I were to watch any team, The Raptors are the most possible team, as I have family in Toronto. 🙂

Personally, I don’t have a favorite NBA team, but if I were to watch any team, The Raptors are the most possible team, as I have family in Toronto. 🙂

Personally, I don’t have a favorite NBA team

Whoa! How could you not? :rofl:

I would ❤️ to visit Canada to see the falls etc.

Fyi~ The NBA All-Star Voting 2018 started.

Personally, I don’t have a favorite NBA team

Whoa! How could you not? :rofl:

I would ❤️ to visit Canada to see the falls etc.

Fyi~ The NBA All-Star Voting 2018 started.

I don’t know, I like a couple of teams, and I can’t decide which one is my favorite.

Yep, Canada is awesome. 🙂

I know, I follow the votes every day on “I <3 Basketball”. However, I never vote. hahaha 😄

I mean… I think all our favs are LEGO even if we don’t visibly show it 😄

Oh my, have I made a boo-boo by showing it? 😅 Has Lego become a grown up’s shame? 👀

Happy New Year, Joe! I haven’t seen you in quite a while on the forum - is everything OK with you? 😕

I’ve been missed! I have been travelling the last several months and haven’t been able to contribute as much as I would have liked to here. I’m back, everything is okay and It’s great to be able to participate again! By the way, hope everything is great on your end and cheers to a wonderful new year!

@nikavoice this is an awesome thread. You did a good job putting up this idea.

I have seen lots of games displayed by everyone, and I love them. Let me also use this opportunity to show you my favourite childhood game.

It’s a fantasy game. Any fantasy lover in the house should tell me the title of this game

images (88)

images (87)

Thank you sharing. It’s a thread to take your mind off work n stuff for a few and have some fun, reminisce a little. 😎

Hmm, I don’t recognize this game, so I guess I’m not a fantasy lover LOL. :rofl:

Guest offlinehelpers

How we used to look at pictures of exotic places before colour TV and the internet:
article-2526260-1A38561600000578-979_634x402.jpg.0e46dd32b6923e80cf895b24c038e99b.jpg

We also sent postcards to friends when we were on holiday!

Thank you sharing. It’s a thread to take your mind off work n stuff for a few and have some fun, reminisce a little. 😎

Hmm, I don’t recognize this game, so I guess I’m not a fantasy lover LOL. :rofl:Well, the title of the game is

GOD HAND

I just love the game 💙, and sometimes imagine myself possessing the GOD HAND.

792036333_images(86).jpg.48a76f8b166011d54425da4dd2f56210.jpg

Archived