A Blast from the Past: What's your fave Childhood Toy ๐Ÿš€ or ๐ŸŽฎ Game?

nikavoice

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@newsmike I had a feeling that you were a G.I. Joe kinda guy. ๐Ÿ˜›

By the end of the day, the battlefield was littered with much more than just GI Joeโ€™s, there were Mr. Potatoheads, spaceships, trucks, robots, you name it. Quite the epic battle.

Loved these tooโ€ฆ

72791_2.png newsmike:

@newsmike I had a feeling that you were a G.I. Joe kinda guy. ๐Ÿ˜›

By the end of the day, the battlefield was littered with much more than just GI Joeโ€™s, there were Mr. Potatoheads, spaceships, trucks, robots, you name it. Quite the epic battle.

Aw, toy trains were fun! ๐Ÿš‹

OMG, Playskool had some awesome toys. ๐Ÿ˜

mr-potato-head_0.png.c012644639a5a1bd49b8863a30aac558.png

What about tops? It was made out of wood with a white stringโ€ฆ Hereโ€™s a picโ€ฆ

13037.jpg.306e4f399195b1c2a7d2c14cd5698f10.jpg

Wow, Maddie! ๐Ÿด

Thatโ€™s like totally old school, I think itโ€™s pretty awesome that you still have your collectible horses. ๐Ÿ™‚

See, the younger generation is spoiled. They couldnโ€™t wrap their ๐Ÿง 

the younger generation is spoiled. They couldnโ€™t wrap their ๐Ÿง  around appreciating this vintage stuff.

I wish I had more of my old horse collection though I donโ€™t know where Iโ€™d put it! If they were in good shape Iโ€™d sell them. I only have 2-3 left. I do love retro stuff even today. My sister is older than I am but she doesnโ€™t care for โ€œoldโ€ things, so I hope to inherit a lot of my Momโ€™s vintage photos and other cool antiques. Hopefully there are some younger generation folks who appreciate the things that led to the newer things! (I AM vintage stuff. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ )

Your own starter post has some pretty old games, especially if you count the ones that donโ€™t require an object. Hopscotch must be ancient and I remember the Bloody Mary game from slumber parties. Did you ever play โ€œLight as a Feather, Stiff as a Boardโ€? I loved those scary games.

And of course the classicโ€ฆ I remember having games lasting several hours!

We had long games too, I always did like Monopoly as long as there were snacks on hand! My strategy was never Park Place and Boardwalk. I bought up the crap properties like Baltic Ave and those light blue ones. Iโ€™d hotel them up and slowly but surely rake in the cash. I guess I was a slumlord now that I think about it. I hope I was nice to those tiny people living in my hotels. :thinking:

I was the very same!

For some reason we would always miss landing on Boardwalk or Park Place! The benefits of owning them were being able to cash in the mortgage value in times of need!

Iโ€™ve played numerous games where weโ€™d finish up all the available money and have to use pen and paper to keep track of our earnings!

the younger generation is spoiled. They couldnโ€™t wrap their ๐Ÿง  around appreciating this vintage stuff.

I wish I had more of my old horse collection though I donโ€™t know where Iโ€™d put it! If they were in good shape Iโ€™d sell them. I only have 2-3 left. I do love retro stuff even today. My sister is older than I am but she doesnโ€™t care for โ€œoldโ€ things, so I hope to inherit a lot of my Momโ€™s vintage photos and other cool antiques. Hopefully there are some younger generation folks who appreciate the things that led to the newer things! (I AM vintage stuff. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ )

Your own starter post has some pretty old games, especially if you count the ones that donโ€™t require an object. Hopscotch must be ancient and I remember the Bloody Mary game from slumber parties. Did you ever play โ€œLight as a Feather, Stiff as a Boardโ€? I loved those scary games.

Did you ever play โ€œLight as a Feather, Stiff as a Boardโ€? I loved those scary games.

Yes! Along with Red Light/Green Light! ๐Ÿšฆ

Naturally, Iโ€™m a suspense thriller kinda gal. So, spooky games and movies are my cup of ๐Ÿต

Also, I appreciate vintage stuff, too. Once in a blue ๐ŸŒ‘ Iโ€™ll hit up garage sales. Iโ€™m an avid ๐Ÿฆ‹butterfly collector - so anything butterfly; dรฉcor picture frames, bedding, dishes, towels, scrapbook etc. Iโ€™ll buy it! A few of my friends nicknamed me โ€œIsland ๐Ÿฆ‹โ€. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hmm, maybe I was nerdy creative or smth, but my fav. toy was & still is LEGO ๐Ÿค“

Damn, a lego ship! That thing is HUGE! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Nothing wrong with being nerdy hahahaha. ๐Ÿค“

I bet you built lego airplanes and cars too! OR a poodle ๐Ÿฉ

Did you ever play โ€œLight as a Feather, Stiff as a Boardโ€? I loved those scary games.

Yes! Along with Red Light/Green Light! ๐Ÿšฆ

Naturally, Iโ€™m a suspense thriller kinda gal. So, spooky games and movies are my cup of ๐Ÿต

Also, I appreciate vintage stuff, too. Once in a blue ๐ŸŒ‘ Iโ€™ll hit up garage sales. Iโ€™m an avid ๐Ÿฆ‹butterfly collector - so anything butterfly; dรฉcor picture frames, bedding, dishes, towels, scrapbook etc. Iโ€™ll buy it! A few of my friends nicknamed me โ€œIsland ๐Ÿฆ‹โ€. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hmm, maybe I was nerdy creative or smth, but my fav. toy was & still is LEGO ๐Ÿค“

Damn, a lego ship! That thing is HUGE! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Nothing wrong with being nerdy hahahaha. ๐Ÿค“

I bet you built lego airplanes and cars too! OR a poodle ๐Ÿฉ

Red Light/Green Light! ๐Ÿšฆ

Love it! Itโ€™s a more fast-paced game!

โ€“

but my fav. toy was & still is LEGO

I meanโ€ฆ I think all our favs are LEGO even if we donโ€™t visibly show it ๐Ÿ˜„

@nikavoice โ€œThank You Mario, But Our Princess is in Another Castleโ€

In my childhood, this was a mystery for me. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@gig_freak I use to play in StreetGameShops in childhood. 2taka/coin. Unlimited life in 20taka to finish all the levels. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (nowdays 82taka=1$)

@gig_freak I use to play in StreetGameShops in childhood. 2taka/coin. Unlimited life in 20taka to finish all the levels. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (nowdays 82taka=1$)

But Our Princess is in Another Castleโ€

In my childhood, this was a mystery for me.

Story of my life tbhโ€ฆ

Story of my life tbhโ€ฆ

Aw, cheer up boysโ€ฆ The life of a dazzling Princess is never easy. The quest for finding her Prince charming is serious business. ๐Ÿ˜›

Story of my life tbhโ€ฆ

Aw, cheer up boysโ€ฆ The life of a dazzling Princess is never easy. The quest for finding her Prince charming is serious business. ๐Ÿ˜›

Iโ€™m trying to break into castle in real , not succeed yet ๐Ÿ˜›

Playing Mario is great preparation for real life.

Trying to find your princess but spending all day smashing your head off brick walls and trying to avoid all the turtlesโ€ฆ

Note: Stay away from magic mushrooms, they donโ€™t help at all - Mario was wrong on that part.

Trying to find your princess but spending all day smashing your head off brick walls and trying to avoid all the turtlesโ€ฆ

Note: Stay away from magic mushrooms, they donโ€™t help at all - Mario was wrong on that part.

Youโ€™re right about that LOL. But, mushrooms are so good in food. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Careful, you donโ€™t want a burglary charge. ๐Ÿš“

Stay away from magic mushrooms, they donโ€™t help at all - Mario was wrong on that part.

Iโ€™m pretty sure that since Mario & Luigi are Italian plumbers, they were using those mushrooms for a nice risotto.

mario-cooking-noodle.png.23546eee480e9167ea87c36d4588ce04.png

I am too young, I havenโ€™t caught the old arcade days. Although, there was one arcade shop while I was first grade, but it closed too soon, as the days of the arcade were long goneโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I am too young, I havenโ€™t caught the old arcade days. Although, there was one arcade shop while I was first grade, but it closed too soon, as the days of the arcade were long goneโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I miss those machines, but I bet they donโ€™t miss us humans ๐Ÿ˜ƒ (though I had my pockets filled with coins to feed them)

I was an arcade fanatic - I would skip from school just to go play arcade games with my mates ๐Ÿ‘€ I miss those machines, but I bet they donโ€™t miss us humans ๐Ÿ˜ƒ (though I had my pockets filled with coins to feed them)

My dad was telling me a trick on how they (he and his friends) used to cheat the arcade machines to have unlimited credits. They drilled the coin, they tied it on a wire, and you have had unlimited credits. But that worked on the older early 80โ€™s machines. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

My dad got me this and I LOVED it.
I remember dropping it on my toes a few times and boy did it hurt.
That thing was quite heavy!

Metal-gyroscope-toys-for-children-Magic-spinner-gyro-for-classic-traditional-science-educational-learning-balance.jpg_640x640.jpg.06a3e38218b8e9c0513871dc0329fd18.jpg

Also being a Japanese kid, my mother bought me an origami book.
The book was small, like a post card size, but it was as thick as a dictionary.
I was doing a lot of origami in my free time.
I was quite proud of myself when I made the ornament ball using 30 pieces!
imgf68313b3zik1zj.jpeg.f76ea6db93c55b56f949b12041a7c141.jpeg

Archived