Improvements to our availability feature

Noam.Arik

This sounds like a small improvement, which is always nice. However, I still don’t think this change will convince me to use the feature.

I think a much smarter improvement would be just to extend all gig delivery timelines by the amount of time the seller defines – or at least have that as an option.

That way, the seller can stay in the search results but have a slightly longer turnaround time than they would usually have, which a buyer might be absolutely fine with.

• Like 20

I want to believe you when you say that, but Im assuming that it is effecting account negetively. I get really a less amount of clients knocking me these days. I only mentioned about taking a vacation once and since then my gigs have been performing badly. I didn't even take that vacation in the end. Don't know if this update is the cause of it or not. But if it is, please do something about it. 

• Like 18

On 9/21/2023 at 8:50 AM, Noam.Arik said:

Based on valuable feedback from our community,

This is something that I have been wanting to talk about for a LONG time but kind of got distracted.....

I control my work around holidays by simply adjusting the delivery time....

So - if I am taking a week off I just simply set my 'delivery' a week before to a week later - then new orders are not due until my return....works like a dream.

However - delivery times can be set at 7, 14, 21 and 31 days - if you could just change that so I can set it to ANY amount of days 7, 8, 9, 10 etc - that would be absolutely perfect and then I would never need to use the 'out of office' feature!

Surely this would be a VERY simple thing for you to do?

Nick

• Like 19

After reading the information in the link, there aren't that many changes from before, although the last point in the FAQ was my biggest concern and I'm glad it was addressed!

I've sometimes hesitated to use this feature because of the ranking being affected, so it's great it's clearer now, but my question now is, do the 30 days in a 120-day timeframe have to be consecutive or are they cumulative? I've always wondered how much being unavailable would affect my gigs if I wanted to use this feature on weekends to rest.

• Like 18

There are 3 main strength of Fiverr, that is why every body prefering to use this plateform instead of others.

1- The system all time upto date and updating new features every time.

2- Getting ideas from the people who are working, so collective ideas give them a better decision.

3. The third and important benefit to use fiverr is that if has a strong algorithm and due to this, scams or other unnecessary actions are automatically blocked by the system. That is the beauty of fiverr.

Keep up the great service 👍 

Edited by nasiralitasir
  • Like 17

On 9/21/2023 at 6:50 PM, Noam.Arik said:

Based on valuable feedback from our community, we have made several fixes and improvements to our availability feature. We want you to take vacations, and want them to be stress-free! These updates will ensure that changing  your availability status does not negatively impact your business or compromise your services and visibility on Fiverr. Read more here.

I'm glad to hear that Fiverr has made improvements to its availability feature based on feedback from the community. It's important for sellers to have the flexibility to take time off when they need it, without worrying about it negatively impacting their business.

• Like 17

What I would like to see most are:

- Be able to add a "Saturday-Sunday Auto Reply" to buyer that get in touch on the weekends.

- Remove the response rate on the weekends... so we sellers can take a little of break each week.

The fact is that most of the customers wait until monday place the orders, many of them don't want to spend their weekends with things related to work.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

My account has been dead (Writing niche) for months, but I used holiday mode just in case about a month ago for two weeks. Then this week, my account has suddenly come back to life, with 10+ orders from different people. Very strange. 

A few months ago I reported that I'd noticed my account said I was not available, even though I was, and was told it was fixed. Maybe something has been lurking under the hood for a while, which has just been resolved? 

• Like 16

There is an important bug to fix. Sometimes fiverr notifications are not visible to sellers and they can't even know that a client have messaged them.

What fiverr will do if the seller can't reply within 24 hours is it will demote the level of seller. This is really disappointing.

Anyway the new feature is great.

Edited by jyoshna_18
  • Like 15

These new availability features from Fiverr are fantastic! Sellers can now take a well-deserved vacation without worrying about missing out on opportunities. The ability to set our availability with clear communication to buyers and the transparency in profile and gig pages make it a stress-free experience. It's a game-changer for freelancers looking to balance work and leisure seamlessly. Kudos to Fiverr for this thoughtful update!

• Like 15