What can you buy with one gig in your country? (Around The Globe Discussion)

gig_freak

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well $4 CAD… it’s usually about 3.99 + tax for a dozen eggs where I live.

however tax in canada depends on which province you are in. for example, here in quebec it is 15% tax on most goods and services, whereas in Alberta it’s only 5%

Hey there fellow Canuck!

A 1 hour ride in this glider.

WOW!

Here in Murree one can ride chairlift in $4 but that’s for 15 minutes.

That’s because the glider has no engine, motor, rotor blades or moving parts. It is flung into the air using a catapult mechanism and once in the air, it keeps gliding due to air currents.

It’s cheaper because it requires no fuel.

Depends on where you go, I live in America and the small produce place I buy food at I can get:

8 lbs potatoes
4 bell peppers
1 lb lentils
Several bananas.

All together.

Elsewhere I can buy enough coffee and creamer to last me the month. 5 burritos at Taco Bell, 2 shirts at a Thrift store, etc.

In Mozambique $4 gets you about 3.5GB of Data.
$10 can get you 12GB of Data!

$4 is quite a lot when you buying stuff from the street markets - but doesn’t go far when you go to a proper supermarket here. Can buy about 1KG of prawns from the fisherman on the beach!

On 4/13/2017 at 12:02 PM, wp_kid said:

4$ = 312 Bangladeshi Taka
4$ = 40 eggs
= ½ kg Beef
= 4 litter milk
= 18 rolls of toilet tissue.
= 1+ ½ pack Gold Leaf cigarette (20 sticks in each pack)
= ⅓ of my broad brand internet packeg

woah that’s a lot of things for a gig! Love how a lot of stuff are cheap there.

On 4/13/2017 at 12:07 PM, jeromedl said:

I’m from the PHILIPPINES

And boy! hahaha 5$ is just 1 shampoo bottle (medium size)
or 1 small cake.
or 2 value meals from Jollibee 😊

Haha, Hey Jerome! From the Philippines but I have family in the United States.

You are totally right on the shampoo, love how mentioned the size. 😆 Not a lot of people will acquaint to Jollibee though. So let’s say Mcdonalds, which is just like 3 chicken fillets or (2) 1 pc chicken meals I guess right?

But if you go really cheap, like the street food/hawker type it would definitely be a lot. Like maybe 10 sticks of tempura or something! 😃

In Ireland, just 5 minutes walk from where Guinness is actually made you will need 2 gigs ($8/€7) to afford a pint of the black stuff. If I travel 100 miles away then I can buy it for a little more than a gig. In some countries I could get 2 pints of it for the price of a gig. Glad I don’t like the stuff!

In Ireland, just 5 minutes walk from where Guinness is actually made you will need 2 gigs ($8/€7) to afford a pint of the black stuff. If I travel 100 miles away then I can buy it for a little more than a gig. In some countries I could get 2 pints of it for the price of a gig. Glad I don’t like the stuff!

One pint of Guinness in my country is around $7 and only few restaraunts have it. If you buy it from the supermarket it’s around $2.5. But if you decide to drink another beer they are all cheap. Amstel is less than a dollar, Heineken is a dollar, local beers are around $0.80.

Haha, Hey Jerome! From the Philippines but I have family in the United States.

You are totally right on the shampoo, love how mentioned the size. 😆 Not a lot of people will acquaint to Jollibee though. So let’s say Mcdonalds, which is just like 3 chicken fillets or (2) 1 pc chicken meals I guess right?

But if you go really cheap, like the street food/hawker type it would definitely be a lot. Like maybe 10 sticks of tempura or something! 😃

So true!! hahah

Oh yeah McDonald’s! 😃

I actually didn’t know why I mentioned Jollibee hahaha

Yeah here, 5$ = 2pc chicken eice meal + upsize drink 🙂

Streetwise, 5$ is already a lot of course 😉

5$ is equal to:

1 week supply of shampoo (7 sachets)

1 week supply of toothpaste (2 twin sachets)

1 soap bar

10 instant noodles

HAHAHA. At least that’s based from my friends in college.

That’s their 1-week survival kit hahaha ^_^:joy:

• 2 weeks later...

I´m from Venezuela 😃 emm… okay!

5$ = (Bs.20) venezuelan bolivar
*Mc’donalds = 5$
*Medium Pizza = 5$
19 hot dogs and 1 litter of CocaCola = 5$
1 kg of DogChow = 5$
T-shirt = 5$
memory ram = 5$

and more!! 😃 

On 4/26/2017 at 8:32 PM, nikavoice said:

🇺🇸 ~ Shop at a Dollar Tree or something! They sell everything $1 makeup, nail polish, snacks, pet supplies, household stuff, decorations, birthday cards, and other cool shit. The cards & mylar balloons are pretty nice!

ooh yeah!!! I want try!! lol

On 4/26/2017 at 8:42 PM, lucycodex said:

Depends on where you go, I live in America and the small produce place I buy food at I can get:

8 lbs potatoes
4 bell peppers
1 lb lentils
Several bananas.

All together.

Elsewhere I can buy enough coffee and creamer to last me the month. 5 burritos at Taco Bell, 2 shirts at a Thrift store, etc.

oh yeah and sandwich from SlackShoagies too 🙂 

Archived