What can you buy with one gig in your country? (Around The Globe Discussion)

gig_freak

Buy 6 small packets of lays chips.

YUMMY. I am hungry! I want one of those. Here, you could buy 6 too 🍟 of lays

I have lunch at my job. It cost 20Bs!!! So, with 4$ I could eat here 1600 times!!! If I eat at my workplace every day without miss any day… With 4$ i could eat for almost 6 years!!!

Hack Venezuela is cheap as well!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$5 only equals about £3.93 here in the UK.

So, I could buy a couple of pieces of veg in my groceries or one small packet (400g) of chicken thighs.
About 6 rolls of toilet roll, or 350g of cheddar cheese.
A jar of peanut butter or one pair of socks.
You can find the odd bargin for a £1 now and then. But you don’t get much really.

🇺🇸 ~ Shop at a Dollar Tree or something! They sell everything $1 makeup, nail polish, snacks, pet supplies, household stuff, decorations, birthday cards, and other cool shit. The cards & mylar balloons are pretty nice!

62f7f37a9ba2d7bd5b3b391b5a5b2481da217e8f.jpg

Shop at a Dollar Tree or something! They sell everything $1 makeup, nail polish, snacks, pet supplies, household stuff, decorations, birthday cards, and other cool shit. The cards & mylar balloons are pretty nice!

Ha ha! I am also from the U.S. and I was also going to talk about Dollar Tree here. Hmmm, what would I buy… a liter of carbonated water (it looks like champagne when you pour it in a wine glass and squint your eyes), a couple of frozen pizzas, and cheesy movie. Date night in for two!

for 5 USD what you can get one of the below options in Cairo, Egypt:

1. 2 Cups of Latte at Starbucks
  2. 1 Beer at a pub
  3. 18 Liters of Gas
  4. A Combo Meal at McDonalds
  5. A Meal for one at an average restaurant (1 Main course and a soft drink, chicken since protein meals starts from 8 USD and above)

On 7/1/2017 at 11:04 AM, isapony said:

There must be some similar stores in your place.

Yeah, but no so cheap and nice as ikea could be. There no plenty stores like that in my country. In general, people build its furniture or take somebody to design ad build it. The worst thing (nice for designers and builders) is that people don’t like bricolage. People here is not asking for details. Here, people is looking for the fastest way to do everything. Maybe there are not space like ikea or muji (that I love). They are unknown here. No many knows about them. But, I had said, it is a good niche for designers and even for big business as ikea or even muji… Well… When the money is right back again…

But the real answer for this question for somebody living in Venezuela (like me, doing money with gigs…) is nothing!!! I can not take the money from fiverr in a easy way… Whatever the price of a gig. It is a hard decision using or not the money from a gig. And the worst thing is in what way to use the money in Venezuela, because we have exchange control. The current coin in Venezuela is bolívares and there are many prices for dollar today (literally spoken)

On 7/1/2017 at 12:48 PM, brejay said:
Ha ha! I am also from the U.S. and I was also going to talk about Dollar Tree here. Hmmm, what would I buy… a liter of carbonated water (it looks like champagne when you pour it in a wine glass and squint your eyes), a couple of frozen pizzas, and cheesy movie. Date night in for two!

Love it! 😎

Why spend $30 bucks or more on a date, when you can get a bargain at the $1 store. Dessert, too. 🍨

My local $1 store, really stepped up their game, selling name brand stuff, I found velvet clothes hangers, I tossed a few of these in my shopping cart.

ovhngrvl50a_2.jpg.b1dbf77b1ce2b13479b6c13c73cad705.jpg

On 7/1/2017 at 12:53 PM, minfas123 said:

What I can’t buy with $4

My internet bill $14

Oh my! My internet 💻 

I gotchu. Here’s a list of few things you can buy with 1$ in India.

• There’s this very cheap and fast pen called “Saino softek.” You can buy 20 of them with 1$.
  • Some roadside food stalls feed beggars for 15 rupees per person. You can feed four of them with 1$.
  • Buy 6 small packets of lays chips.
  • Buy 3 bottles of mineral water.
  • Buy 3 medium and 1 small packet on instant noodles.
  • A poor quality T-shirt.
  • An underwear for man.
  • Haircut for man at a normal barber shop.
  • 6 cups of tea/coffee at a roadside tea stall.
  • Back cover for your mobile phone if it’s not a very expensive phone.

10 likes and the list goes on… 😜

“Saino softek.”

Love those… .

I love the Emerald Isle like any random German teacher (no I’m not a teacher but they notoriously have a weak spot for Ireland, unless their weak spot is Tuscany), but between 13 bucks for a pack of cigarettes and 9 bucks for the internet bill … :thinking: … I guess I know where my future lies…

I love the Emerald Isle like any random German teacher (no I’m not a teacher but they notoriously have a weak spot for Ireland, unless their weak spot is Tuscany), but between 13 bucks for a pack of cigarettes and 9 bucks for the internet bill … :thinking: … I guess I know where my future lies…

Yeah, we are a pricy place.

Internet is often included in rent here though - it’s just unfortunate that our rent is ridiculously high and on an average 1-2 bed dwelling, it has been going up €50/month for the past year. Average house prices are currently going up by €2000/month and neither shows signs of stopping.

Yeah, we are a pricy place.

Internet is often included in rent here though - it’s just unfortunate that our rent is ridiculously high and on an average 1-2 bed dwelling, it has been going up €50/month for the past year. Average house prices are currently going up by €2000/month and neither shows signs of stopping.

Rent, extra charges and real estate prices are bad here too, but a pack of cigarettes I think on average ~€6 and there are cheaper brands, Aldi sells some for under €5.

Rent, extra charges and real estate prices are bad here too, but a pack of cigarettes I think on average ~€6 and there are cheaper brands, Aldi sells some for under €5.

Average rent in Ireland is at an all-time high at €1130/month ($1300 approx) and in a country of 4 million people there are a total of 3000 properties currently available (an all time low), most of which are in far flung parts of the country where nobody would live (no transport links, dial up internet etc… And just wait til all the pro-EU British decide to come over next year!

Ireland has more over 100% tax on ciggies and even loose tobacco. Minimum pack size is 20 cigarettes or 30 grams of tobacco (€16).

PS. This is not linked to my recent price increases

Average rent in Ireland is at an all-time high at €1130/month ($1300 approx) and in a country of 4 million people there are a total of 3000 properties currently available (an all time low), most of which are in far flung parts of the country where nobody would live (no transport links, dial up internet etc… And just wait til all the pro-EU British decide to come over next year!

Ireland has more over 100% tax on ciggies and even loose tobacco. Minimum pack size is 20 cigarettes or 30 grams of tobacco (€16).

Hey, Eoin has a “I will gratefully accept your $15 tip for a pack of cigarettes” gig!

DISCLAIMER: This was a joke and is not true, Eoin has no tip gig AT ALL! 😉

Thats way too costly…It seems the situation is same everywhere…prices shooting up…seems getting into the timetested businesses of रोटी, कपड़ा और मकान is the way ahead.

Archived