Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

Because 4 > than 5 

I am not even upset, I know that it's not the buyer's fault 🙂 That's what Fiverr wanted him to rate.

But now I will have more orders and be more trustworthy because 4 stars is a more credible review than a 5 stars one. ( according to some ********* ) you can replace those stars with whatever word you wish. 

Why don't we all rate our buyers 3-4 stars randomly... for a while? Just a thought.. that way they can be more trustworthy as well.

ice_screenshot_20240221-095515.png

• Like 10
  • Up 2

I  quote here two paragraphs from Customer Support response:
1. "You’ll notice clearer criteria for each level, making it easier to know what needs to be improved or maintained to keep your current level or to level up."
2. "(...) the private ratings are very different from the public ones. This means that clients may have concerns or issues that haven't been fully addressed, despite what you may have initially thought about their satisfaction.(...) The level system considers a wide timeframe of your performance to ensure fair assessments and to prevent isolated negative experiences from impacting your score."

How can I improve a gig active since 2011, I've been almost constantly getting 5/5 stars with, (both good public reviews and clients' appreciation in the private chat page), as long as I know nothing about their "concerns or issues" they expressed in the private survey?

It's weird such a gig to get  4/10 rate by the new level system.

Almost all of my customers suffer by dissociative identity disorder?

Edited by nemoxx
grammar
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

It's "nice" to read that the disastrous experience with Fiverr doesn't just affect the average seller, but Fiverr just doesn't give a damn about anyone and just blindly goes through with their completely wrong agenda because they think they can get away with anything. One can only hope that Fiverr will eventually suffer the consequences for their inferior management.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

This is so discouraging rather than giving you hope that it will work out if you try hard working. Like we never worked hard here before. Somehow, less or more all sellers  adapted to any changes which were implemented through all these years of working on the platform. But not this time. To me, personally, the last changes sounds like a disaster and i am not really sure how to swim in this  "transparency"  swamp now. 🙂

Edited by liubov_rudenko
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

12 minutes ago, karlaofficial said:

I've had two orders under "waiting for details" for around a year.

That really sucks. To avoid this in the future, you could turn on Request To Order if you have access to it and only send an offer once you have all the details.

I think 7(?) out of my 9 cancelations have come from orders placed by mistake. Since I turned on RTO, I have had 0 cancelations, so it might help.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

16 minutes ago, karlaofficial said:

How can two orders that were never started and have sat for 6 months-1 year under “waiting for details” affect my success score if deleted?!  😩

No worries! They will silently delete them one day 😄

You can notice it only in the app, where the number of canceled orders is shown. 

I had 6 orders hanging there for years, and this January, four of them disappeared while killing my views and impressions (I also had 3 orders canceled because they contained academic stuff, so it was a great combination 😁)

0_woCghCV6Lp9gS3f7.jpg.77bcff8c65711a129d554416af0ef382.jpg

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 10
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

No worries! They will silently delete them one day 😄

You can notice it only in the app, where the number of canceled orders is shown. 

I had 6 orders hanging there for years, and this January, four of them disappeared while killing my views and impressions. 

0_woCghCV6Lp9gS3f7.jpg.77bcff8c65711a129d554416af0ef382.jpg

It's really fascinating that bugs and process issues are EXCLUSIVELY negative for Seller. No matter what goes wrong, it has a negative effect on the seller. That is also an achievement.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, visualstudios said:

We're also buyers on Fiverr so posting this here for those who are not familiar with the private feedback form. 

image.png.14a356a880f5a172c7dd92968ac7430c.pngimage.png.aa5e370255c0c5dd7343b4bb3568424f.png

Same punitive language with 5 stars being "perfect" and "exceeded expectations". image.png.50bd11a34bf3cbca9e30f03d69466c81.png

I think it's very important for sellers to understand what's happening "on the other side of the gig" so thanks for sharing this screen.
The sentence "it helps us improve the experience on Fiverr" is so deceptive, seems like you're rating the company, not the seller.
At this point, I guess this simple sentence made several victims among the "incoherent Success Score" that some sellers have.

In my opinion, the following little fix would be a starting point for improving this private review system:

This feedback won't be made public and is only visible to us.
lt helps us understand the way JohnDoeValueForMoney is working on Fiverr.
- How would you rate the overall quality of this delivery made by JohnDoeValueForMoney?
- How closely did JohnDoeValueForMoney delivery meet your expectations?
- Was JohnDoeOnFiverr's delivery useful for your needs?

Edited by edc_lab
  • Like 15

7 hours ago, kingpirux said:

if someone is asking me to create a board game about money laundry the AI will think that im a criminal.

I write (amongst other 'spooky' things, murder mystery stories and escape rooms. IF the AI does not recognize brainstorming (which it might), it might be best to take it all into word documents maybe? I've noticed that some of my gigs that took bigger hits (nothing awful luckily) on communication were the ones that, well... have some 'unusual' subjects. Of course, the AI COULD be smart enough to interpret brainstorming as well, brainstorming and angry buyers as angry buyers, but who knows? 

• Like 11
  • Up 1

21 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Of course, the AI COULD be smart enough to interpret brainstorming as well, brainstorming and angry buyers as angry buyers, but who knows? 

Probably not. 

There are plenty of people with borderline gigs (NSFW, trading) that are highlighted in the Community Standards as problematic. I don't know why Fiverr seems to randomly target some sellers for the chop while others stay fine and dandy, but I would suspect that it was related to AI flagging keywords - the classic being academic. 

It's just not very clear how much oversight there is. There is the T&S one, but that seems to be more of a late-stage process with accounts that (probably, just guessing here) have other flags that need investigating. 

If the AI that reads messages is using keywords and also built or partially built on a LLM, then it will also use prediction, so it might see that in your conversation you're brainstorming/gaming a situation rather than actually angrily yelling at each other or not. 

Also: remember the app is a bugfest. I wouldn't mind betting that all the AI systems on the apps don't run as smoothly as they do on desktop. 

This is me pulling stuff out of my 🍑 so ya know.  

• Like 11

On 2/17/2024 at 12:11 AM, Kesha said:

Hi @jackmuas! To clarify, this just means that if a seller is going against our  terms of service, they will not be able to participate in the level system. Sellers who are not flagged or restricted, will all have updated levels come March 14. 

Hello, thank you for the clarification. One more thing for emotional purposes, what will happen to the accounts of the sellers whose accounts have been flagged or restricted come March 14? In some cases you find the issue that led to the flagging happened 1 year ago and was resolved yet the account is still flagged. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Alex.M said:

Because 4 > than 5 

I am not even upset, I know that it's not the buyer's fault 🙂 That's what Fiverr wanted him to rate.

But now I will have more orders and be more trustworthy because 4 stars is a more credible review than a 5 stars one. ( according to some ********* ) you can replace those stars with whatever word you wish. 

Why don't we all rate our buyers 3-4 stars randomly... for a while? Just a thought.. that way they can be more trustworthy as well.

ice_screenshot_20240221-095515.png

When I got my first 4 stars on Monday, I was surprised because it's a repeated buyer. The issue is that the review threshold is 4.6 for level 2. And if the rest of the review is 4, then "au revoir". 

• Like 11

What I'm struggling to understand is why the buyer isn't presented with stars 1-5 to provide a rating. In my mind, the most accurate and foolproof way to calculate a 'starred' rating system is to provide the buyer with stars to rate with... doesn't make sense to me. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:39 AM, crawford_copy said:

The number of active gigs for L2 sellers is being reduced from 20 to 10. Why?

What happens in March - does Fiverr randomly delete half our gigs, or do we get some time to decide which ten gigs we need to delete?

I got an answer from support on this.

If you already have more than 10 gigs, you get to keep them (but can't create any more).

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

image.png.3bd888bb5376343ac355cda9f59f7e8d.png

This is for a gig that I have never requested for an extension before.

Ok, so, does it mean that every decision could be tracked with a bonus and malus system?

I'm thinking about something like:
Gig's delivery time: 5 days
Revisions used: 4
Delivered on time: no
Extensions needed: 2
Actual delivery time: 8 days
Bonus/Malus obtained: X points
Public review score for delivery: Y points
Private review score for delivery: Z points
* some complicated calculations to determine the final value *
Delivery time result: Negative Impact

I know, for some aspects they say "This will not impact the Success Score" but since the official response in some cases contradicted itself I'm open to believing everything at this point.
This transparency is so confusing.

• Like 10
  • Up 3

36 minutes ago, edc_lab said:

Ok, so, does it mean that every decision could be tracked with a bonus and malus system?

In theory yes, but they might not add up every decision like that into a system, with them also now going into deep learning/neural networks (as well as machine learning - not the neural net type of AI). They probably track tons of things/variables (or features) and could decide what constitutes a good result (eg. gigs making high amounts of money consistently, conversions, returning customers etc.) and then have the AI/machine learning model find what features most predict that and use that. So that output could give some score for the gig/user without them manually creating it on a points based system (adding or removing set point values) - it would be more automatically found out from the data (eg. more statistical).

You can get an idea of how their machine learning/AI systems work from their youtube channel (though it's not spoken in English and it hasn't had new videos for months):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv7Yasr435wH1RsQLmbBKOw/videos

You can get idea of their machine learning stuff (not the newer neural network/deep learning stuff) from their Medium page and the other articles they create (but the Fiverr Tech channel there hasn't been updated for a while), eg:

https://medium.com/fiverr-engineering/feature-selection-beyond-feature-importance-9b97e5a842f

Their main page there:

https://medium.com/fiverr-engineering?source=post_page-----9b97e5a842f--------------------------------

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, jackmuas said:

Hello, thank you for the clarification. One more thing for emotional purposes, what will happen to the accounts of the sellers whose accounts have been flagged or restricted come March 14? In some cases you find the issue that led to the flagging happened 1 year ago and was resolved yet the account is still flagged. 

bother trust me they don't give a shit because they just fed an ai based on all the data my account got flagged without warning and nothing CS will not do shit. no one can help. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

Nothing to do with the topic, but since yesterday I couldn't write! 🙃

It's a bug. Some people are writing 20+ posts a day without an issue. For me, under 10 and I see that bug every day. I am not sure when they fix it, but before this product release I've been writing way more every day witthout a problem. 

2 hours ago, crawford_copy said:

If you already have more than 10 gigs, you get to keep them (but can't create any more).

It still seems like a bad thing to me. Well, at least maybe they won't stop you from creating more gigs, and you can stop/start and cycle through them if you want. I still don't get the thought process behind having less gigs as a level 2. Where's the benefit of leveling up? :))

• Like 12
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I still don't get the thought process behind having less gigs as a level 2.

I'm guessing they expect a lot of movement between level 1 & 2, both up and down especially if we have daily evaluations and know it will be painful constantly pausing and unpausing gigs.

• Like 11

It seems the complete platform is going nuts currently
Today my sucess score changed 3 times from 7 to 6 and now again to 7
Gigs are showing sometimes a "-" and sometimes a value between "-" and 8

And the best thing is i haven´t done anything today (no orders, no approvals, no reviews, nothing).

It could be funny if this score would be irrelevant for me... 😏

• Like 11

1 minute ago, pyxisstudio said:

So guys apparently If I want to cancel an order and buyer is not willing to cancel, fiverr can not do anything LMAO. Man I have no words, what's up with this platform.

Yes, it's been like that for a while. They can't cancel the order without the buyer accepting it first. I had people place orders for stuff I don't cover, and I went to customer support, then still had to wait until either the person canceled or the order canceled automatically due to a lack of reply.

The thing is, you shouldn't talk about self-respect and stuff like that, some people might find it offensive and won't cancel out of principle. Just ask them politely to cancel.. it's usually the better approach in my experience. 

• Like 11