Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

Just now, pyxisstudio said:

I know a few things Which I don't want to say here, because fiverr might work on that, so if you are a level 1 seller or plus it's better to make a new gig.

here is what im getting now you think i should make a new one?:

metric.png

• Like 8
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Qui 4 sembra essere il più comune, il che è curioso perché è il limite per non avere alcun livello. a 5 ottieni già il livello 1. Sembra sospettosamente conveniente.

Yes, in mine, the two principal both 4, with only 2 negative points for each of the Gig. There are no positive factors impacting, such as on-time delivery (I have never delivered an order late). I asked the CS for an explanation, he replied ChatGPT.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, pyxisstudio said:

I know a few things Which I don't want to say here, because fiverr might work on that, so if you are a level 1 seller or plus it's better to make a new gig.

since this update i got 0 messages i was getting around 6 - 10 new clients daily

• Like 7
  • Up 1

26 minutes ago, pyxisstudio said:

I won't leave money, I don't give a damn about any platform.

I might just delete my gig and make a new one.

Then why would you delete your gig and create a new one? 🤷‍♀️ You said you were officially moving to a new platform next month. 👇

FF.jpg.9996356e1c8c13e4f0d7c08fc3f6501c.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Here 4 seems to be the most common, which is curious because it's the cutoff to be no level. at 5 you already get level 1. Seems suspiciously convenient.

I've noticed that as well! I'm guessing under 4 (unless it's 0 for... whatever weird reason) it doesn't really 'matter' since the result is the same.

I'm curious - if - there were some bugs though with rolling out the numbers (and whether they will be ironed out eventually or just... not.)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, pyxisstudio said:

Better than making a new account.

true. You can always count on a returning buyer helping you push yourself a bit once you set up a new gig. If you have any regular buyers, direct them to the new gig right away!

• Like 8

Really nice system! I got a customer stating in her review that my 5$ and 2 hours urgent turnaround, perfectly corrected text was 4/5 stars for "value for money". 

I have nothing more to say than what other sellers pointed out. The platform will loose sellers before they can stop it. 

Also, when are we implementing an improved buyers rating? I am not sure why a platform would side with a person that only placed 1 order for 50$ (or 5$) over any seller who has given $$$$ in Fiverr Tax to the platform. Let us rate the buyers for their communication, their price drops requests, the unpaid revisions they are asking for, and give them a nice badge as the one we all have. If we want to be equal

• Like 14
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, francescaabb said:

Also, when are we implementing an improved buyers rating? I am not sure why a platform would side with a person that only placed 1 order for 50$ (or 5$) over any seller who has given $$$$ in Fiverr Tax to the platform. Let us rate the buyers for their communication, their price drops requests, the unpaid revisions they are asking for, and give them a nice badge as the one we all have. If we want to be equal

I think this would be a great idea. 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, francescaabb said:

Really nice system! I got a customer stating in her review that my 5$ and 2 hours urgent turnaround, perfectly corrected text was 4/5 stars for "value for money". 

I have nothing more to say than what other sellers pointed out. The platform will loose sellers before they can stop it. 

"Be realistic: Demand the impossible." (Slavoj Zizek)

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

Buyer ratings are meaningless.

1 - Buyers have nothing to lose. Get a low rated buyer account? Close it, open a new one.

2 - Buyers are never under pressure by sellers. They aren't on display. They don't lose their living over bad reviews.

It doesn't matter how sellers rate buyers, whatsoever. Just get rid of reviews on buyers altogether. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, francescaabb said:

love it, you charged the absolute minimum fiverr will allow, and STILL got a 4/5. because BUYERS DO NOT VALUE THAT BASED ON YOUR QUALITY, THEY BASED IT ON HOW BIG OF A STEAL THEY GOT ON A DEAL. And for a paying client, it can always be cheaper (even if it's free). This is one of the most absurd questions I've seen for a survey in my life! 

• Like 13
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, fabinhopereira said:

What do you think about creating a petition asking for a fairer evaluation of the platform?

If that is something we can actually do, I'd be all for that. Because I have a feeling no matter how much we try to tell them, they'll only do minor tweaks to this new system.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Buyer ratings are meaningless.

1 - Buyers have nothing to lose. Get a low rated buyer account? Close it, open a new one.

2 - Buyers are never under pressure by sellers. They aren't on display. They don't lose their living over bad reviews.

It doesn't matter how sellers rate buyers, whatsoever. Just get rid of reviews on buyers altogether. 

You are unfortunately right. I am just angry at the direction this site is taking, I feel they are not valuing hard work because of some "corporate productivity" ethic BS or whatever that is. Another thing that absolutely enrages me is that on Fiverr there's no right to adversarial procedure, or fair hearing, whatever you call it.

I had a buyer complaining about me not doing my job just because he wanted to rip me off (told me I didn't correct the book enough, I found out that he already PUBLISHED the book, my version with all the corrections). CS granted him a full reimburse and cancelled the order without asking my side of the story, without reviewing our chats where he was literally threathening me (I had to call my lawyer and take legal action privately), and of course they took the money from my account. 

Now, this happened in May and CS has since reimbursed me too once I gave them all the proof that he was scamming me (but he hasn't been banned from the platform and he still got his money back, so, he stole!).

This is just a dumb and generic example of how CS and Fiverr in general takes the buyer part, even on very cheap projects. I really don't understand this treatment disparity. I am angry at this more than everything. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Up 5

6 minutes ago, virgoca said:

love it, you charged the absolute minimum fiverr will allow, and STILL got a 4/5. because BUYERS DO NOT VALUE THAT BASED ON YOUR QUALITY, THEY BASED IT ON HOW BIG OF A STEAL THEY GOT ON A DEAL. And for a paying client, it can always be cheaper (even if it's free). This is one of the most absurd questions I've seen for a survey in my life! 

Yes, exactly. I gave the buyer a small price because 1. the text was super short 2. they're a returning customer and I value them and their feedback. Now, from these 5$, I got 3€ (before taxes!). This apparently is not a good "value for money" lmao. 

Next update will be just free work - let's remove the payments on the platform!  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, virgoca said:

following this up just because I'm upset, I got my FIRST review below 5 stars in over a year this week. Care to guess where I got the 4/5? You don't need to guess, you know it was value for money.

now, this order I bundled up a couple of my EXTRAS for free and only charged the client for the cost of the plan he needed for the gig, because of budget reasons and I thought It wouldn't hurt me to give away a bit of work for free in exchange of securing a new potential regular buyer. I do the work, I end up having to make a couple revisions, mostly because the buyer wasn't fully committed to their initial idea and rewrote parts of his script a couple time mid process, and still delivered within the deadline we had set up without needing to extend it, working afterhours and losing days of sleep, and with those extras given for free. When the time for the review comes? 4/5 value for money. 4/5 yet he placed a second order right after he completed the first one. So yeah. Also, guess who's scared of finishing this order fully knowing that I'll get another 4/5 and probably take the first hit to my profile since this system was launched. And I ask, how exactly is this anything but a manufactured stressful work environment? 

• Like 11
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, virgoca said:

I got my FIRST review below 5 stars in over a year this week.

Exactly the same! I almost never had a review under 5 stars. I have been unavailable for like 2 months for personal issues. I open for this 5$, client probably wanted the work for free (what about I make them dinner too while I am at it? Or clean their house and put their kids to bed? all for free ofc🤩 🤩) and I get 4.7 lol. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Value for money will become a problem only when the whole marketplace sinks in prices (race to the bottom). On individual seller level it does not really matter, because we will all have at most 4/5 ("very good") ratings in this metric. Because I really don't know if it is at all possible ever to achieve "exceptional" 5/5 value for money, unless you are willing to work at absurd peanut prices.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Buyers have nothing to lose. Get a low rated buyer account? Close it, open a new one.

I would love to know why buyers can close and open new accounts and sellers are banned for life if they attempt to do it.

it should be the same for both. Period.

Also, I was away all evening and I got a new order 2 hours ago, opened it on the app and now it’s almost midnight, I just came home and I have to turn on my laptop so I can open the new order on desktop as well because if I wait until tomorrow I will get that stupid REVIEW THE REQUIREMENTS NOW email that has apparently been messing with my SS.

end of rant

Edited by zerlina84
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

26 minutes ago, nadiappp said:

On individual seller level it does not really matter, because we will all have at most 4/5 ("very good") ratings in this metric.

It does matter, because there's a 4.7 cut off for TRS. With a 4 value for money, the max review you can get is 4.7, so any single review lower than that will instantly drop you.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, nadiappp said:

Value for money will become a problem only when the whole marketplace sinks in prices (race to the bottom). On individual seller level it does not really matter, because we will all have at most 4/5 ("very good") ratings in this metric. Because I really don't know if it is at all possible ever to achieve "exceptional" 5/5 value for money, unless you are willing to work at absurd peanut prices.

Kind-of unintuitively, I wonder if the way to do well with this score is to raise prices. If I raise prices to a point where the only people purchasing are buyers for whom the price is not an important factor, that person is less likely to rate value for money poorly because the cost is less important for them. Those buyers see the value in paying more for a good service, so quality holds more importance for them than cost.

Does this make sense? I have no evidence to support this idea. It's just a random thought I had.

• Like 10