Request for Dark Mode Feature on Fiverr Web and Mobile App

toutou123

Dark Mode Feature on Fiverr Web and Mobile App  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Dark Mode Feature on Fiverr Web and Mobile Application

• yes
    • no

• 2 months later...

I am writing to suggest an enhancement that would greatly improve the user experience for many of us – the addition of a Dark Mode feature on both the Fiverr website and mobile app. Dark Mode is increasingly becoming a standard feature in many applications, and it offers several benefits that can make Fiverr even more user-friendly.

Dark Mode not only reduces eye strain but also conserves battery life on mobile devices, which is essential for freelancers who often work long hours. It's also a great accessibility feature, ensuring that Fiverr can be comfortably used by individuals with different lighting preferences and visual sensitivities. Moreover, Dark Mode is aesthetically pleasing and can give Fiverr a modern and stylish edge. Many users, myself included, prefer working in a darker interface, especially during late hours.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, I don't know if any of the Fiverr team reads this but I'm gonna post this several times

Please.for.the.love.of.god implement dark mode 

It is very annoying and hard on the eyes to open Fiverr at 12 at night and get blasted by the whitest page on the internet and no, dark mode extensions don't work.

Please get with the times and implement dark mode, it's the only complain I have for this site.

Thank you and cheers!

Julien

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, julien_black said:

Hey, I don't know if any of the Fiverr team reads this but I'm gonna post this several times

It is very annoying and hard on the eyes to open Fiverr at 12 at night and get blasted by the whitest page on the internet and no, dark mode extensions don't work.

Please get with the times and implement dark mode, it's the only complain I have for this site.

Thank you and cheers!

Julien

Hi there.

You can use dark mode on Fiverr. Turn on the contrast on the accessibility menu.

Screenshot_20240120_051151.jpg

Screenshot_20240120_051349.jpg

• Like 6

Dear Fiverr Team, I'm writing to request the addition of a Dark Mode feature on the Fiverr website. As a frequent user, I often find myself working late into the night. The current bright white screen can be quite straining on the eyes during these extended hours. Implementing a Dark Mode would not only provide a more comfortable viewing experience for many users like myself but also align with modern web design trends that prioritize user comfort and accessibility.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. Your efforts in continuously improving the Fiverr platform are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mark S.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Hello @markksantos, I agree with you, the dark mode would be a nice and useful feature.
In the meantime, my suggestion is to add a browser extension to replicate the dark mode effect.
Just open your browser's web store and check for a "dark mode" extension, install it, refresh your page, and then you'll see the outcome.
Of course, a real dark mode would be better if designed properly, but at least you can relax your eyes until they implement it (if they ever do that!)
I hope this helps, bye! :classic_smile:

• Like 5

On 1/26/2024 at 7:51 AM, markksantos said:

Dear Fiverr Team, I'm writing to request the addition of a Dark Mode feature on the Fiverr website. As a frequent user, I often find myself working late into the night. The current bright white screen can be quite straining on the eyes during these extended hours. Implementing a Dark Mode would not only provide a more comfortable viewing experience for many users like myself but also align with modern web design trends that prioritize user comfort and accessibility.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. Your efforts in continuously improving the Fiverr platform are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mark S.

+1 for dark mode

• Like 4

On 1/26/2024 at 6:05 AM, edc_lab said:

Hello @markksantos, I agree with you, the dark mode would be a nice and useful feature.
In the meantime, my suggestion is to add a browser extension to replicate the dark mode effect.
Just open your browser's web store and check for a "dark mode" extension, install it, refresh your page, and then you'll see the outcome.
Of course, a real dark mode would be better if designed properly, but at least you can relax your eyes until they implement it (if they ever do that!)
I hope this helps, bye! :classic_smile:

As far as I know using any extensions that alter the look of Fiverr is against TOS so I don't want to do anything that's not allowed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markksantos said:

As far as I know using any extensions that alter the look of Fiverr is against TOS so I don't want to do anything that's not allowed.

Hello, thanks for pointing out this.
I always thought they referred to back-end activities that lead to more serious security problems, I never thought that accessibility tools weren't allowed too.
This TOS part can be considered as a kind of gray area, because yes, they don't want you to change anything on the screen, but accessibility issues are real.
Some people may find difficulties during the navigation because of wrong color contrast and saturation, wrong font type, size and weight, missing alternative text for images and audio, and so on.

So, having accessibility issues and getting warned or banned because of it hurts ten times more.
Accessibility must be always considered and taking action in this direction is almost mandatory in my opinion, so dark mode would be a good starting point.

But I got your point, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Bye!

• Like 3

Here's a work around for anyone wanting this now, until it gets officially added -
It's a browser extension called Dark Reader. It makes every single website dark mode. Enjoy!

I have to use this due to hyper sensitivity with light as I work only in the evenings. I understand this is not advised, however it is not client facing and purely to stop me from having insane migranes. I can't go without this. Dark mode is pretty much a requirement for some, so having this official supported by Fiverr would be awesome, and about time to be honest... This original request post was made EIGHT years ago...

Screenshot 2024-01-30 181510.png

Edited by chris_era
Further clarification.
  • Like 3

On 1/20/2024 at 6:35 AM, julien_black said:

Thank you and cheers!

Julien

Even I also struggle for that. You may use Google Chrome extension I hope that works for you 

• Like 1