Request for Dark Mode Feature on Fiverr Web and Mobile App

toutou123

Dark Mode Feature on Fiverr Web and Mobile App  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Dark Mode Feature on Fiverr Web and Mobile Application

• yes
    • no

This is a good idea. Like the others said ☝️ you can download that app/extension. Or you can just check your computer settings. Most newish computers come with that feature. Same for mobile phones. Android has a blue light filter option built in.

• Like 23

Indeed! Love the suggestion. In the meantime, you might try the Google Chrome addon for PC to force a dark mode on Fiverr and other websites. It works well with some websites, but not all, so you just have to test. Here it is:

51502f93396c6b3d0a2909a8df00076c1a17b901.pngchrome.google.com e9dada3c6ef5a0f5820f5c89f603e213c2f908d6.png

Dark Mode

A global dark theme for the web

Thanks. That’s a really good extension.

But I wonder if it is secured and doesn’t keep any personal data on the website we visit?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Indeed! Love the suggestion. In the meantime, you might try the Google Chrome addon for PC to force a dark mode on Fiverr and other websites. It works well with some websites, but not all, so you just have to test. Here it is:

51502f93396c6b3d0a2909a8df00076c1a17b901.pngchrome.google.com e9dada3c6ef5a0f5820f5c89f603e213c2f908d6.png

Dark Mode

A global dark theme for the web

I don’t really recommend this extension for anyone, it seems really innocent but it has all the access to read and change the data on the site you’re currently on or at least the site you’re visiting as it clearly mentions. I know that to enable dark mode feature that developer should have both the read and write permission but they don’t state that they use that particular access ONLY to enable that dark mode feature. 😉

image.png.29850f0b713e93eb8825d87b2d1b7775.png

Not only this one, but most of the extensions which are there under unknown brand names or unknown developers are doing this stuff while showcasing their non-profit work.

I highly recommend not to use this kind of an extension (or any extension) on a market place like Fiverr if you wish to keep your stuff safe. 🙂

• Like 22

For those who spend a lot of time on forum and do not like waiting for dark mode or installing an extension I suggest to make a couple of clicks in Chrome’s developer tools in CSS and you get this all over the forum.

Not permanently of course.

image.thumb.png.c9279fcbe7bb0d5fe5112b81b9d919c2.png
image2702×2336 620 KB
  • Like 17

Hi,

Could you tell what changes you made?

Well, it is just a quick and dirty “solution” that is lost if you refresh the page.

But if you don’t, it works quite well.

First change background-color property in class “docked drop-down-mode …”

Second, you would need to go a bit deeper in elements structure to find class “topic-body-clearfix” and disable property background-color and add color property with eg white color so that the text is in contrast with background.

image.thumb.jpg.c4e85cf6f0b6eec1d638eb1ab72dd1d2.jpg
image1954×454 199 KB
  • Like 15
  • Up 1

Well, it is just a quick and dirty “solution” that is lost if you refresh the page.

But if you don’t, it works quite well.

First change background-color property in class “docked drop-down-mode …”

Second, you would need to go a bit deeper in elements structure to find class “topic-body-clearfix” and disable property background-color and add color property with eg white color so that the text is in contrast with background.

😆

Thanks for the information!

• Like 15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With a ton of changes and additions being made in the Fiverr site, I suggest that the Fiverr team should introduce a dark mode theme for its users whether working on the site directly or on Fiverr’s mobile application. A lot of time we have to spend several hours either to answer queries, sending buyer requests or delivering our order. An addition of a dark mode just like Facebook,whatsapp on Fiverr would make it more user friendly and specially for the sellers who work here for hours and end up having itchy eyes and headache

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,
So I discovered how you can use Dark mode on fiverr. I know how the white color can be irritating. But i found a way. Its simple. Go to chrome extensions, type dark reader, install that extension, then enable the extension and Voila! Your fiverr will be in dark mode. Check it out and let me know. The only thing i am concerned is that hope that fiverr doesnt mind this dark mode plugin. What do you say?

• Like 17
  • Up 1