Is it important to be online?

thomasjakobtune

Question

On 12/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, sofia2568 said:

What to do to stay online and active at Fiverr always??

Don't go to sleep while you're working on your computer. Keep your eyes glued to the screen and keep your PC's volume turned up so that you can hear any valuable notifications from Fiverr. :classic_ninja:

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 19
  • Haha 8
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Why can’t you just have notification on int he app and just answer when you get notifications? Instead of checking every 15 min your laptop 

Yes, you can get notification on app but it will not show you online. 

I am telling you this because of my personal experience, I left my laptop and my account 24/7.  The only negative point in this strategy is that your laptop battery will gonna effect very badly. 

But there is a saying, In order to gain something, you have to lose something.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

You don’t have to be online to get messages and clients contacting you. 
And how many orders did you get? 
I can tell you for a fact as a person that did 2000+ orders that staying online is completely useless. 

Well, I have no concern that how many orders you did. I am telling you this because of my experience, my profile was completely down, and then i started to be online, and after one week my profile came back to normal.

I am not saying that being online is the main reason, but it's definitely one in many others.

• Like 20
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I think if you stay online 24/7 as some suggest, then there is a possibility that Fiverr might issue a warning against your account for irregularity. The reason is that some people use not so legal means to stay online for that long. These are flagged as an irregularity as far as I know.

In order to stay safe, install the Fiverr app from Google Playstore. In the settings section there is an option to show you online. Toggle that bar.

Thanks.  

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sharp_art said:

how can i active  Online in fiver 24 hour by mobile phone,!it's possible,please tell.me about it with full details,, 

Why? Are you a robot or trying to become a robot? 🙄 

There is no way! Use Fiverr App whenever you get notification or message or anything else! Staying Online for 24/7 is not gonna help you with anything else! 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, j6nyc6 said:

No. There's no way you can stay awake every minute of every day. Therefore, you can not be available 24 hours a day. Find another way to make your gig stand out without trying to game the system.

If you check the online status of the same niche sellers, they are always online. Do you think they are really online?

Their are people somehow gaming the system and taking advantage of being online. It's a huge disadvantage for us.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, joseph2910 said:

People keep saying come online 24hrs straight to get orders. 

That's even impossible. Staying online does not guarantee the orders. Even if you are offline, buyers can see your gigs. So the matter is more about your gigs/profile quality.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, designcore69 said:

It will help to grow your gig.

It won't. 

5 minutes ago, sandyroseus1 said:

It's not mandatory but it helps you communicate with buyer fast. 

Having the app on your phone does that. I find that I miss way more notifications on my laptop, especially while gaming/etc. Being online  with extensions (which is a no-no) also doesn't work. 

I don't even have notifications on my phone, just check every once in a while when needed and still don't miss messages. 

22 minutes ago, joseph2910 said:

But, I feel is it necessary?

Your instinct is right, it does very little (if anything!) I think the theory behind it was 

'if you are online, Fiverr will think that you are serious about being on here/you can reply faster/etc.' While buyers CAN filter by online sellers, due to the sheer number of sellers, it just doesn't matter... Having great gigs, being responsive and polite is a lot more important. 

Edited by katakatica
edited due to typos/etc
  • Like 4
  • Up 3

44 minutes ago, joseph2910 said:

Well, why don't you visit the profiles of people who suggest you be online 24 hours a day to get orders? Do they have orders? Are they successful? These types of rumors and false information are spread by people who have no orders and a lot of time on their hands to thank and congratulate others. If you haven't guessed it already, the answer is no. You are not required to be online 24 hours a day in order to be successful and get orders on this platform.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

On 3/9/2023 at 5:43 PM, joseph2910 said:

But, I feel is it necessary?

Any suggestions please

It's a myth that staying online helps in getting orders or ranking your gig etc...

You have been on Fiverr since Feb 2022 so did you get any order by staying online 24 hours (if ever tried to stay active for 24 hours) ? 

• Like 1
  • Up 2